BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
<3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
Mirena out 1/23/24

Re: August Symptoms

• Options
    SPD is kicking my ass. Bad.
  • Options
    Back to being really emotional. Wanted to cry when I got home from work the other day and I really have no reason why. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @purplefan1 Same, and @angieeeeee same😭.  So many tears this week!  

My shoulders and arms are super sore from sleeping on my side, I forgot how much I disliked this last time.  I just booked a massage at a place that has a hole in the table so I can lay on my stomach and I am waaay too excited for it!  

• Options
    @rogro118 im SO glad I was a side sleeper before getting pregnant. But now I cant lay on my back when my hip gets stiff so that part sucks. 
  • Options
    @rogro118 same!!! I'm a belly sleeper so I don't enjoy sleeping on my side at all. And I'm hoping to BF again so it'll be awhile before I can get back to my belly sleeping! I want to book a massage for myself but I keep forgetting with the busyness of life:)
  • Options
    I don’t mind sleeping on my side but I also like to sleep on my back. So I usually shove a pillow on one side and sleep half way on my back. It works for me. 

I would just like to be able to walk around without huffing and puffing like I’m some old lady who hasn’t gotten off her couch in 20 years. 

Also, I got some strong BH yesterday pushing the stroller up a hill. I wasn’t sure I was going to get it all the way to the top because my uterus was balling up so tight I felt like I couldn’t walk. 
  • Options
    I had several sharp pains today on the right side of my uterus, about 3 inches diagonally from my navel. It didn't feel like round ligament pain. Drank, had a snack and have laid down for a few hours and it stopped, but I didn't like that. 

We are doing a no pants weekend to try to get the toddler on board with potty training. No success yet. Not the best time to need to lie down for 4 hours. 
  • Options
    I’ve been getting super sharp pains like in my groin especially after sleeping on my side 😖

@drama_llama hope the potty training is successful! When I first read your post O was like...I’m having a no pants weekend too! But it’s for myself since it’s been so hot 😂
  • Options
    @drama_llama - I have been having similar type of sharp pain on my right side.  I have to bend over to catch myself it hurts so bad.

Any further luck with potty training? 

@mc0303 - I LOLed at your no pants comment.  Same.
  • Options
    @drama_llama my youngest has been taking her diaper off and peeing all over the floor. She does it every time my back is turned and I’m not watching her like a hawk. So I will be PT her next Thursday. We are going out of town the next 3 days so I’m hoping she keeps her diaper on while we are away. 
  • Options
    I love no pants weekends. And days. And nights. And literally all of the time.
  • Options
    @Dancer688 ugh, I hope the pain goes away. Resting helped. My round ligament pain is worse this time around!

Potty training was a spectacular failure. Not certain if we will keep at it or shelve it for a month and try again.  I know boys on average master it later and you don't want to make it harder by pushing. I just really feel badly that he can't move up to the next daycare room until he is done with diapers and pull ups, and his two little friends have already moved up. 
  • Options
    @drama_llama solidarity.. we had a little failure with potty training too, a few weeks back. It sucks, DS didn't move out of the toddler room until later than all the other kids his age because his speech wasn't as developed and now I'm worried the same as you, that he can't move on until he's trained. I'm giving DS another month since he doesn't even want to sit on the potty at this point, plus we're going away in two weeks and I am not dealing with PT at that point. Good luck with however you decide to move forward!
  • Options
    I was complaining to MH about how I thought our AC wasn't working at home. I have been setting the AC super low AND using our ceiling fans to stay cool. ..and he was like "I have literally been freezing to death the past few days." LOL!

Apparently - it's just me! It's so weird b/c I'm usually the cold one and used to be constantly chilly. Now I'm just a sweaty, sticky, hot mess! 
  • Options
    You guys, I have this really annoying hacking cough that WILL NOT GO AWAY!  My son had walking pneumonia last week, so I just went to the dr to get checked for bronchitis or pneumonia.  Nothing.  I guess I should be happy about that, but this cough is really dragging me down.  I have no appetite, but I force myself to stay hydrated.  I feel like my days are just foggy.  And to top it off, every time I have a coughing fit, I pee myself a little bit.  It's dreadful, guys.  Sleep sucks, too.  I just hate this feeling.  I'm going to use my son's Albuterol tonight and see if that helps me sleep.  Any other recommendations???
  • Options
    @perfectoops - Ughhhh that sounds like it sucks a lot.  No recommendations but much sympathy for you.  Hopefully by keeping hydrated it'll go away within the week.  Do you have a humidifier?  I know mine helped in my last house since the HVAC sucked all the moisture out of the air.
  • Options
    I've been alternating between being freezing at work (AC too high) and hot at home (being stubborn and not turning the AC on). I'm not loving sleeping on my side (I'm a back sleeper) and I've had sore hips and shoulders. Though I did finally find a pillow that is helping, it's a microbead pillow that is thin enough to not kick hubby off the bed - I hated the snoogle, it was too short for my torso and I woke up with aches and pains. Crazy itchy belly and "burning" stretch marks.

I have been ravenous lately, and I'm finally putting on some weight (lost weight the first trimester due to lovely morning sickness).
  • Options
    @mc0303 me too! I am SO HOT. I had to really hype myself up to exercise today because I was already too warm and couldn’t stand the thought of sweating more. 
  • Options
    I hate the itchiness! Drives me insane at night
  • Options
    I just made a chiropractor appt for myself next week. My back pain has gradually gotten more noticeable over the last couple weeks and I'm hoping for some relief! I dont remember this kicking in so early last pregnancy. 

Also I had a pretty strong calf cramp last night. I dont miss these at all, they were pretty consistent throughout 3rd tri last time. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @purplefan1 I've had so much itchiness on my belly and it's so hard not to scratch. I keep super moisturized but it still itches. Now, I feel like I'm itching on my arms and legs...so miserable! 

@gumby22c sorry about the back pain and calf cramps!! I've been taking magnesium supplements for the calf cramps and haven't gotten any since. 

This isn't a symptom.... but I really don't understand the geometry of the baby in there. When I look at diagrams, the uterus doesn't extend all that high yet...but I can feel movement like all the way at the top of my bump right under my boobs. Maybe my boobs are lying too low? I just want to see what's going on in there!!! 
  • Options
    I am getting hot flashes. I get flushed in my cheeks and my whole body feels hot.  Then last night I woke up at 3AM with chills, it was 72 in th house but I was freezing! This is so weird.
  • Options
    @mc0303 my mom takes magnesium for legs cramps too. I may have to ask about taking it if they keep up like last time!
  • Options
    @drama_llama - I'll second the hot flashes.  I don't even like the outdoors right now (even the lower 80s) because it just takes so long to feel comfortable and cool again.
  • Options
    @drama_llama I have a hard time regulating my temperature when I’m pregnant. Especially in the first trimester. I pretty much froze the entire time. I don’t seem to have that issue now but we also don’t have an AC. 

I have woken omen the last 2 mornings with a Charlie horse. The one today was so bad that my calf is actually sore from it. I remember when I was pregnant with DD1, I would get them so bad and couldn’t flex my foot to relieve it. I woke DH up once crying and he had to flex my foot for me. I really hope they don’t get that bad again. 
  • Options
    @mc0303 yeah I dont get it either. I swear I can feel baby any where from my cervix all the way up to my rib cage and pretty well side to side depending on how they are laying. But I dont know if that is accurate because I dont think they are that high yet? Even when I see things on an ultrasound they dont always make sense to me because I think things are inverted up there on the screen (are they? I think they are) and I just cant get my mind to flip things around to make sense. 

I definitely need to work on strengthening my lower back. I think that is greatly contributing to my SPD and the fact that one leg is slightly longer than the other so my pelvis has gotten out of sorts before. The SPD is super disabling so far and feels stressful. Going to be working on pelvic floor strengthening stuff (Im doing them as I type. Arent you glad you know that?) And I definitely want to target corr strength and lower back strength both before the end of this pregnancy and as soon as I can postpartum. My back has never felt the same since my last pregnancy and I dont know what she did to jack it up but I definitely wish I had done more between pregnancies to fix it.
  • Options
    I think I read recently that at this point the top of the uterus is about 2 inches above the belly button? I feel baby girl from way down by my cervix up to my belly button so far. Shes been riding very low in my pelvis, but somehow I can feel her in 3 places at once. Its such a weird feeling! I havent felt movement above my belly button yet, but I have a long torso.
  • Options
    For those with calf pain/charley horses my mom also takes magnesium supplements and they help immensely.  Hope you all get some relief! 

This is morning I think the little guy was right on my bladder cause I had to pee constantly and was in intense pain. It’s mostly subsided but I’m still peeing much more.  The incontinence is pretty bad too - I had a coughing fit after eating some almonds, and had to completely change into new clothes.  Aah well such is the 3rd trimester right!
  • Options
    @natehk yeah, I had one of those lovely coughing fits this morning too. 
  • Options
    Sneezing is what gets me these days. If my bladder is not completely empty when I sneeze, I run the risk of peeing myself 🙈
  • Options
    Yes!  And I feel like my bladder is never completely empty😕
  • Options
    gumby22cgumby22c member
    edited August 2019
    I may have had my first Braxton Hicks this afternoon. I never had them with my last pregnancy, which is why I'm not 100% positive. It was only 1 but I very clearly felt my stomach harden/tighten up for about 30 seconds, different than any movement baby has made so far. I was on my feet all morning at work and didnt drink as much water as I usually do, so I'm sure that has something to do with it. 
  • Options
    @gumby22c definitely sounds like BH. Sometimes mine are so strong I feel like I can’t walk and I catch my breath. 
  • Options
    I had another one since I posted, not nearly as noticeable as the first. Not painful at all, just weird feeling. Pretty positive its BH now.
  • Options
    @gumby22c I’ve been having a lot this week too, but they’ve gotten consistently more frequent and stronger since 18 weeks-ish.  Mine are super uncomfortable too and happen way more when I’m active or have a full bladder, which hurts!  

I got a prenatal massage on Friday and it was so so good, I made another for the second week of September.  The table she uses has a hole in the center for your belly and it felt so good to lay on my stomach, I didn’t want to leave!  My back feels great, but I did have sciatic pain yesterday, so it’s not like it’s going to be cured or anything.  I need to make a chiro appt for this week, I keep forgetting and I want to be proactive about avoiding another breech baby as much as possible.  
  • Options
    Oooo @rogro118 a prenatal massage is on my to do list once I hit 3rd tri! 🎉 I'm glad you enjoyed yours!

I have a chiropractor appt tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it. Hoping it helps with some of the backaches and general aches I'm getting already.
  • Options
    @rogro118 I was just talking about a prenatal today too! So glad you enjoyed it! I hope I can get a place with the stomach cut out too. I'm going to set up a spa day for myself...massage, facial, and mani-pedi for later in September B)

@gumby22c I've been getting so many BH lately! Mine are uncomfortable and like @rogro118 especially when I have a full bladder.
  • Options
    Also, I've been feeling so bitchy lately! And just generally fussy. I usually have somewhat of a filter...but not lately! I think it's from not sleeping well and I feel uncomfortable in every position. I can't imagine that's going to get better...
  • Options
    BNBTBNBT member
    All of you experiencing BH, if you are in a sitting position does it make you feel like you can’t stand up? Like not necessarily painful, but like your muscles are too tight to allow you to? I had this happen once on Friday and once today each in my lower belly. I assumed it’s BH but I don’t think I ever experienced this with my DD. 

And I’m with all of you on the bladder issues ☹️
  • Options
    @BNBT I was laying back in the recliner with my feet up when I felt the BH today. I just slowly felt my stomach below my belly button start to tense up and feel hard, like I was doing a sit up except I didnt move. When I put my hand on my stomach during it, it just felt rock hard but not painful. Then I felt it relax when they ended (the first was about 30 seconds, the second 1m30s). That's the best way I can describe mine, it sounds similar to yours though.