February 2020 Moms
Options

NIPT Results

Re: NIPT Results

• Options
    @robynlynn83 : my nephew is Max! My brother wanted to name him Maximus but was denied :) It's a great name either way.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Options
    @DDRRT1982 my dads bff is named Rex and I think he has the BEST personality. So the name doesn’t sound bad to me but it’s of course how you associate it. Good luck!!
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @leksiL it would be Maximus (maximus  aurelius from Gladiator lol). 
  • Options
    @malloryfrommn congrats! Love the name Henry!! 
  • Options
    @malloryfrommn I am also a fan of Henry (and Philip for that matter). Such nice, strong sounding names. 😊
  • Options
    @malloryfrommn that is so cute. You could always call him quatro :)  I went to school with kids nicknamed Tres and Fiver for being the III and V respectively. 
    Married Jan 2008 

• Options
    @therealbitts @mandk1233 thanks so much! 😊 I also love the name Henry. It's a pretty popular name right now. DH got picked on quite a bit as a kid because Henry was very old-fashioned 20ish years ago. 

@leksiL I love that idea!! Super cute. 

• Options
    @malloryfrommn Looooove the name Henry- although I’m biased. It’s my sons name. 
  • Options
    Had my blood drawn for carrier screening and NIPT on Thursday. They said it will be 10 business days...so 2 weeks from the draw. I seriously hope that they just say 10 business days in case it happens to take that long...and that we actually hear sooner. Everyone else I've talked to seems to hear in a week. Did it take 2 weeks for anyone?

I'm irrationally anxious lol
    First baby due February 21, 2019
    Located in Columbia, SC
  • Options
    @babylawyer I did the Harmony screen, and they said results in 5 to 7 business days. Had my blood drawn on a Thursday evening (didn't go out until Friday AM) and had the results in the AM a week after the blood draw. It was much quicker than I anticipated. 
  • Options
    Okay, we just got the results: low risk for chromosomal abnormalities, and it's a BOY 💙💙💙. My husband is ecstatic! I'm just thrilled that baby will likely be healthy. 

My husband is Henry Philip K------ III, so our little guy will be Henry Philip K------ IV. The family calls my FIL "big Henry" and DH "little Henry" so I guess baby will be "littlest Henry."

Congrats! I have a Henry, but we call him Hank. Im a little biased to the name as well! 
  • Options
    @jessieR358 I love it!! DH went by Henry as a kid. I think he got a lot of grief for it from his classmates, so in middle school he asked to go by Hank. His family still calls him Henry, but his friends call him Hank. I love both!
  • Options
    @jessieR358 I love it!! DH went by Henry as a kid. I think he got a lot of grief for it from his classmates, so in middle school he asked to go by Hank. His family still calls him Henry, but his friends call him Hank. I love both!
    This is embarrassing to admit, but I didn’t know Hank was short for Henry until my DH told me. I really wanted it to be Hank on the birth certificate lolol 
    it throws me off when we’re at the doctor and they say Henry—I’m like oh yeah, that’s my child. 
  • Options
    @jessieR358 fun fact- the reason Hank is a nn for Henry is because they stem from “Heinrich.”
  • Options
    My RE’s office just called. Mine came back as insufficient data. Did anyone else have this happen? We had the embryo tested and everything came back fine then so I’m trying not to spiral. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @AugustGlass I wouldn't get into a spiral yet. I've heard needed to get more blood work because of random things. What did the doctor say?
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @brookert615 it wasn’t my doctor, it was her nurse. My appointment is at 10 tomorrow and she said the doctor would go over everything in detail then. 
  • Options
    Normally insufficient data means there wasn’t enough fetal dna to analyze.  That can be totally normal early on and doesn’t indicate something is wrong with the baby.  There have always been a few in my bmb that just had to go back and give more blood.  Even my own percent of fetal dna was lower than the average concentration and everything came back normal.  I also read that if you are one the heavier side that can impact concentration of fetal dna in your blood.  Not that you are, it’s just something I read. 
  • Options
    @DDRRT1982 thank you. In my googling I also saw that IVF ups the chances of insufficient data. I guess we’ll decide tomorrow what we want to do next. 
  • Options
    @alseltzer do you mind me asking what test they used? I’d like to know genders as well but I know they can’t all differentiate :) My gut feeling is two boys but we’ll see!
  • Options
    @Swiftlet It was the MaterniT21 test, but the nurse said something about which lab it was sent to, because one lab could differentiate. So I'm not sure if it's the test itself or which lab it is sent to that makes a difference. They went with the one that couldn't since the twins are identical, they would be same gender anyway.
  • Options
    @rikiteacup YAY!!! Congrats!!!  <3
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @rikiteacup, glad everything was good!  I had my Panorama test drawn on 8/15 so hopefully my results are not far behind!
  • Options
    @jvk2012 I was surprised at how fast it was. I haven't received the report from the lab yet. Just a phone call from the OB/GYN practice with the results.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Options
    congrats @rikiteacup on a healthy little girl :) 
    Married Jan 2008 

• Options
    Natera has received my blood sample.  Now just waiting (im)patiently!
  • Options
    @Mrstomommy1114 congrats!! Your husband cracks me up. Mine wanted a boy at first but once we found out we were having a girl he became a total girl dad. It's such a special relationship.
    Married Jan 2008 

• Options
    If you've used Natera, when do you get the full report? Like the one @leksiL posted.
    My blood draw was 2 weeks ago. Nurse called me a week ago with the results. I went to the patient portal for Natera and status has been the same for the last 2 weeks.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Options
    @rikiteacup your provider has to release the results to you so I would reach out to your provider.
    Married Jan 2008 

• Options
    @rikiteacup I’m in the same boat as you... guess I’ll be calling them again!