January 2020 Moms

Weekly Check-in Groups 3&4 (Jan 17-31) w/o 7/22

2»

Re: Weekly Check-in Groups 3&4 (Jan 17-31) w/o 7/22

• Est Due Date/Weeks+Days: Jan 24, 13w4days

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team Pink!

Baby is the size of  a(n): lemon

Upcoming Appointments: in a few weeks

How are you feeling? I am still really tired a lot of the time. The nausea is definitely getting better. I am starting to get really excited.

Rants/Raves: I can't wait to feel more like myself again. I am usually really motivated and energetic, but I can't stop napping during the day. I only have 2 more weeks of summer break, and I thought I would be significantly further along in my planning. I'm getting a little nervous about going back to school and maternity leave. This is my first pregnancy, so I don't really know how I will do taking the time off. I luckily have awesome coworkers and administrators who are supportive. (Also, I am amazed by all of you who are working and/or have kids for this first trimester.... I am so lucky I had basically all of the first trimester over summer; don't know how I would have made it).

Questions: anyone else completely overwhelmed by needing to find daycaee? And creating a registry?

GTKY: pepperoni, but recently I have just been taking it off and eating just cheese. Weird.

• @alisonreif2 I hope you will have more energy soon and will be ready for when summer break is over! I’m also starting to feel stressed/a little overwhelmed about finding infant care for when I return to work after baby. I hear it can be hard to get and people have to get on waitlists really early here! At some point I’ll have to start looking into it all...
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 25, 13 wks 3 days

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): jalepeno

Upcoming Appointments: just had a check up today, all good. Had my blood draw for my first round of chromosomal testing.

How are you feeling?: Dizzy. The last two days have been hit again with being unable to eat. When is this part going to pass!?

Rants/Raves: Loving my support group right now. Was getting really anxious about not feeling great and not having heard the heart beat in a while and my family has been wonderful.

Questions: my doctor says I have to wait until my 20 week ultrasound to find out sex. Everyone else I talk to say that sounds late. What is everyone else hearing?

GTKY: What is your favorite topping(s) to put on pizza? Peppers and onions
  • @zbeth89 with a healthy pregnancy the anatomy scan around 20 weeks is when you find out the sex. If you’re getting genetic testing done it’s possible you can find out through that as well. 
  • @blackcat01 we're already signed up with the daycare DD goes to. And it was a good thing we let them know early! They had 2 openings left. A friend of mine was on a wait list and had to have a baby temporarily until her soon could start daycare at 6 months. That was the earliest opening. Depending on where you are, daycare centers fill up fast!
  • @persnickity Unfortunately, my daughter’s preschool won’t take kids until they are 2, but I guess that makes sense since it’s preschool. I’m planning on sending this one there at 2, but in the mean time I’m hoping to get someone good! But it’s definitely a good idea to jump on this stuff early.
  • Is anyone using a doppler and having luck? I wasn't good at finding DD's HB, and haven't found it yet with this one.
    Me: 31
    DH: 32

Married: Sep 2012
    TTC #1: Jan 2015
    Baby A (via IUI due to MFI): Sep 2016 born at 35+6

Surprise but very welcome + on 5/16/2019, EDD 1/25/2020
  • @bosslady925 I am. I found one of the heartbeats for the first time around 13 weeks. Have you watched any YouTube videos? That helped me figure out placement. 
  • @bosslady925 where are you looking? My OB found the heartbeat a little higher than average. The nurse had been looking too low and wasn't finding it. How full your bladder is can impact it apparently.
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: jan 23 14w (tomorrow)

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon

Upcoming Appointments: Aug 8th

How are you feeling?: same as most in being tired.  Feels like I'm walking in water. I've had lots of ligament stretching still.  No baby moment yet.  Looking forward to that!!

Rants/Raves: my inlaws are coming into town next week.  I need to practice my inside head voice and patience.  They are lovely people,  just self-centered/self-focused. 

Questions: I'm still super nervous about sharing my pregnancy news.  Maybe cause I had a hard time conceiving.  Anyone else holding back?

GTKY: What is your favorite topping(s) to put on pizza?
    I had the best one at Blaze Pizza. Had white sauce,  mozzarella,  garlic,  arugula.  Yum!
  • @leprechaunlady @bosslady925 I'm also in the paci boat.  I'd like to wean before new baby,  but I'm so exhausted I'm afraid I'll be unsuccessful in holding the line.  My DH is zippo help,  he just says she looks so cute with it. 
  • @persnickity laaaate response, but I've tried looking where my OB found it at 10 weeks, which was much higher than I was expecting, and lower around my pubic bone. I think I just don't have the technique and patience. 
    Me: 31
    DH: 32

Married: Sep 2012
    TTC #1: Jan 2015
    Baby A (via IUI due to MFI): Sep 2016 born at 35+6

Surprise but very welcome + on 5/16/2019, EDD 1/25/2020
  • peppyj9peppyj9 member
    edited July 2019
    Wrong thread