February 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 7/8-7/14

Re: Weekly Randoms 7/8-7/14

• @kiwi2628 because we don’t care about genetic abnormalities, and it can be pricey. I got the SneakPeek on sale. So now I will just wait til the anatomy scan.
  • @daffodil_shoe Noooo!!! I'm so sorry! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Loading the player...
  • @daffodil_shoe oh that sucks! Well maybe it will be a girl?
  • leksiLleksiL member
    It’s really hot and humid here and my local moms group is having a sundae social at the farmers market. I’m leaning towards not going especially because the moms group is super cliquey. Ugh. 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @leksiL how did you find your mom’s group? Just curious. Is it like an organized thing or just a bunch of friends? 
  • @daffodil_shoe oh no!! I hope it didn’t get too many boy germs in there to mess it up 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @leksiL I’d skip it and just eat ice cream on my couch in the AC!
  • Anyone else get a free Slurpee today? I haven’t had a Slurpee since I was about 10 years old, but today it just sounded right. Must be pregnant or something. IDK.
  • cmd723-z said:
    Anyone else get a free Slurpee today? I haven’t had a Slurpee since I was about 10 years old, but today it just sounded right. Must be pregnant or something. IDK.
    I didn’t, but my babysitter took my kids.  It probably made their day.  I never let them get one.
  • @DDRRT1982 honestly, it was so gross haha I definitely could go another 20 years without one!
  • @DDRRT1982 we have an interesting dilemma at my work. My team is 8 people and only one of them has kids. Her youngest is 3 or 4. She keeps saying we need more babies on the team. Well not we have 2 pregnancies! The other is due early December. She said she'll be taking 3 months off and I'm not sure how long I'll be off but there will be some overlap of us being out and then basically like 5 or 6 months of being down a member. I would really have to laugh if the 2x mom found out she was expecting again soon! 

• leksiLleksiL member
    My work is also in an interesting dilemma. We are currently down two people in my group, with another one (the only other US person) hinting strongly that she wants to retire at the end of the year but refusing to give a date. I'll be responsible for hiring her replacement who will report to me. We have two openings in London and besides that it is just me and my boss. It takes FOREVER to hire someone, so I'm hoping that the retiree gives her notice soon so I can get the person up and running by December and have two months under her belt before she is the only person in the dept. in the US. At least in the US people usually only give 2 weeks notice, in London it is typically 3 months.
    Married Jan 2008 

• leksiLleksiL member
    My other random is that MS is back - crap.
    Married Jan 2008 

• @leksiL Oh that is so stressful! I think the whole work situation is what gives me anxiety. So many variables! 
    TW
  • @DDRRT1982 That makes sense to me. When I was pregnant with my others, I always felt sad and anxious when I’d pass a certain stage, like I’d never get the chance to experience it again. Now that it’s our fourth and last baby, I am not sad to see the first tri go and have accepted that this is my last time to do it. I’m definitely trying to enjoy it, but I’m at peace with the fact that this will be my last baby. 
  • @DDRRT1982 I feel the exact same way. I’m excited and happy but know I never want to do this again.
  • @DDRRT1982 she also tells me that she just wants to be alone, and not have a baby in her way. I know she’ll eventually come around, but... 🙄
  • @TennisLove30 My son is only 3, but I have a crumpled up U/S photo to denote his reaction in the baby book... I'm sure they're all going to have their sweet moments an their sibling-related behavioral problems. There's plenty of time to get used to the idea still!
  • I don't know if this is MS related and/or because I am back from vacation but I have 0 motivation at work or at home. Absolutely none. I can't wait to go home tonight and hopefully things improve before Monday :|
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @rikiteacup Oh man, I couldn't even imagine coming back from vacation and having this fatigue lol. But I think no motivation is kind of a thing in 1st trimester. I'm very goal-oriented and a busy body and I've been a slug lately. Even at work it's just hard to get stuff done like I used to! 
    TW
  • Is it silly of me to be a little sad that the due date changed for me? I was so sure the original due date would be spot on.  I think I'm mostly sad because that's one more week now I have to wait to be out of the 1st trimester and can tell everybody! Lol but at the same time, I'm a little happy it moved back because I've been hoping when the time comes we dont have a Valentine's baby! That's my grandpa's  birthday, my cousin's birthday and some wedding anniversaries in the family. 
  • @babyroma, I get the disappointment about having to wait another week to tell people. Actual due dates mean about 0%. Babies come whenever they want. 
  • I nver trust due dates. My daughters was 6/13 and she was born 5/28. My son was 12/15 born 12/9. And i have a feeling this one is a week or two behind schedule. I know exactly when my bc came out, exactly when my last imp was. Yet I couldnt get a positive test until almost 10 days late. Ms showed up 2 weeks later than normal. Boob soreness was later too. So we will see.
  • Woke up at 3:00 and can’t fall back to sleep. I have to be up at 5:30 for work, so at this point I feel like I should just stay awake. Otherwise I will feel like absolute crap when my alarm goes off. Stupid pregnancy insomnia. Anyone else awake right now?
  • @daffodil_shoe I was up! But didn’t check The Bump yet! Hope you’re able to stay strong at work! ❤️
    TW
  • One of my colleagues guessed this week that I'm pregnant. Her parents are pediatricians, so she always takes interest when anyone in the office has any kind of illness. I've had a cold/sinus infection for now almost a month, and yesterday I was walking past her office. "You're still sick??" I was like yeah, unfortunately. She goes, "Gosh, I wonder if you're immunocompromised in some way. It's just been forever. Maybe you're pregnant! You should get tested!" I laughed and said, "That would be funny," and then kept walking, as a second colleague who was sitting in her office started talking about how amazing it would be if I have a baby, and how she would love on the kid so much. Phew.

I'm skeptical that I'm going to make it to 12 weeks without telling people at work because my morning sickness has just been insane--and I'm sitting there pounding saltines and Ginger Ale all day, so it's probably kind of obvious.  But that was a a little bit faster of a guess than I was expecting lol
    First baby due February 21, 2019
    Located in Columbia, SC
  • @daffodil_shoe Ooh. I did not know that this exists. Is it generally reputable / thought to be accurate?
    First baby due February 21, 2019
    Located in Columbia, SC
  • @daffodil_shoe Ooh. I did not know that this exists. Is it generally reputable / thought to be accurate?
    I believe so. They aren’t BBB accredited, but BBB rates then as A- (points taken off for length of time customer service takes to respond/resolve issues). They claim to have a money-back guarantee if the sex is inaccurate at birth. I got it when it was on sale so I only paid $59. So i’ll Update you tomorrow if it goes well (I may receive an email saying something was wrong with my sample and were unable to process).
  • Yeah everyone at my job figured it out when i made two trips to the bathroom in a half hour. Came back with a red face and watery eyes and everyone was like "haha, you pregnant" and I just laughed. But now everyone is trying to keep me from doing anything physical. Lifting a 10lb box? Let me help you. Dont even think about scooting a pallet across the floor. If you feel dizzy you just sit right down! I know everyone is trying to be nice and helpful but come on. Im 11 weeks not 35. I hate being treated like an invalid, especially when im so independent.