October 2019 Moms

July Symptoms

13»

Re: July Symptoms

• Woke up 2 days ago with crazy, sore, achy, someone just hit my vagina with a baseball bat feeling! Came out of nowhere and has been so bad. I definitely did not have this achy vag feel until way closer to the end. 13 + more weeks of this is a scary thought 🙈
  • @jenferlee82, how scary!!! I'm so glad the nurse gave you peace of mind. Hopefully it's a one time thing and doesn't repeat itself!
  • Loading the player...
  • @galentine Oh yea...definitely there too. DH hubby bought me this:

It's the best ever fan. it goes wherever I go

• Anyone else feel a weird tingling sensation under your boobs when lying on your left side? It's hard to describe but it kind of feels like wormy movement under my skin and tingley. IDK... Only when I lie on my left side.
  • Swollen hands anyone? 

@galentineI'm hot all the time too, which is contributing to the swollen hands.
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    Swollen hands anyone? 

Yes. It’s one of the first places I swell. Be on the lookout for carpel tunnel as the swelling can trigger it
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Swollen hands anyone? 

My hands have maybe swelled a tad bit, but I'm not sure. My wrists definitely have, though. Or well, maybe not swelled as much as relaxed? I don't really know right now. Pregnancy makes my brain tired.
    DD 10/2019
  • @cmbt2 I never knew that. I'll watch out for it. I'm sure my computer job will not help with carpal tunnel if I end up having it.
  • I've swelled a bit this time. My Dr said today that she didn't even know I was pregnant yesterday at DS appointment (first time were seeing her since the OB taking me over is still on Mat. Leave herself😂) she walked in and was like holy moly momma 😂 but I feel like I've swelled in odd spots. Like my face and my thighs feel huge 😂 if that makes sense lol

• steministsteminist member
    edited July 2019
    I feel like I've been having BH contractions all throughout the day, everyday, since about 12 weeks, which technically isn't unusual, except that I don't really remember having them at all with DS! Maybe I did, but I didn't know what they were? Or I forgot? Either way, it's making me feel way bigger this time around, just from the tightness.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @steminist totally! I didn't with my first, did with my 2nd but now with the 3rd they have started way earlier. Definitely makes getting around and staying active more challenging.
  • I was explaining them to my doctor and she goes yeah that's what they are! I had no clue. Never had them before. Man they're tight too!! I get them mainly while walking a lot in a day.

• @andromedacorrine2 I had them a lot with DS and they started at like 10 weeks for me this time 😕 They can be annoying! 
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @steminist I didn’t have them at all with DS1, but they started around 32/34w with DS2. I didn’t even know what they were until a few weeks later when I mentioned it at an appointment (but turns out, they were actually true contractions and I just spent for-fucking-ever in early labor)
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • I got them once with DD, but this time around I definitely have gotten them throughout. Though I will say I am horrible at drinking enough water. This morning I've been getting them a bit more frequent so I'm pounding back the water in case I am dehydrated.
  • BH have been rough for me this time too. 
  • +1 to BH starting first tri this time. 

Just came here to say, as far as MOTN leg cramps go, I've found that putting weight on them helps mine to unlock almost immediately. My instinct is usually to flex/rub it out, then down some pickle juice. But the last couple times I've had them, I've woken up as the muscle was tightening and jumped up to get to the fridge, and it released as soon as I was standing. I still went for the pickle juice though because  <3
  • I’m not sure if this is an old wive’s tale or if there’s some science behind it but my mom just told me she puts a bar of ivory Dove soap under the sheets at the foot of their bed and my stepdad says it helps keep away leg cramps 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
  • steminist said:
    I feel like I've been having BH contractions all throughout the day, everyday, since about 12 weeks, which technically isn't unusual, except that I don't really remember having them at all with DS! Maybe I did, but I didn't know what they were? Or I forgot? Either way, it's making me feel way bigger this time around, just from the tightness.
    +1 to this as well! I never noticed any BH with DS, but with baby #2 I'm feeling them quite a bit. I would think my uterus would be less sensitive the second time around, but nope.
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• It seems I'm opposite everyone on the BH frequency. Started in mid second tri for me with DS, but haven't had one yet with this little nugget.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • kats0727kats0727 member
    edited July 2019
    @kats0727 I’m late to see your comment but I did the floatation tank with my first pregnancy and I really enjoyed it. I floated / napped on my stomach in the tank which was nice and I felt great afterwards. I’m debating another one after our move in a few weeks as a treat for myself. 
    Thanks so much. My Dr ended up cancelling my appointment but I'll ask at the end of the month. I'm on my feet at work all day and am looking for any type of relief.
  • @cmbt2 don't get my hopes up 😂 I want labor to start early this round, I want to avoid induction so bad 😂

• New symptom...gagging when I brush my teeth. This is incredibly annoying because it was actually what told me I was pregnant with my last two babies...WASNT a symptom this time (and I didn’t know I was pregnant until 12 weeks this go round) but now I’m getting it?! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Regarding BH: I have them all day every day and they sure can be annoying. They didn’t bug me as much the last two times but I think having a 6 and 4 year old now makes it more difficult. I seem to get them right around 14 weeks and they last forever. No amount of water/rest/movement helps. They are so frequent and intense that with my last two labors I went into the hospital, not even FOR being in labor (didn’t know I was) and they would comment on my contractions and how well I was managing the pain. I kept telling them it wasn’t contractions and just the BH. Both times got in arguments ℓσℓ because they didn’t feel any different that what I had been feeling for 7 months. Granted..as time went on and I was in transition that was a whole different story. 😅

@cheznet I think I know what you’re talking about. I get it on my right side, right under my boob and it feels like it’s in my ribs. Mine start off as tingles then progress to pain which radiates to my back after a while. It’s happened each pregnancy with me and I can’t figure out why. Mostly if I’m sitting in the car, on my bed or in the rocking chair with my girls. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    edited July 2019
    @cmbt2 don't get my hopes up 😂 I want labor to start early this round, I want to avoid induction so bad 😂
    Ha! I spent over a month in early labor before I was induced. I walked around at a 2/3cm for a good 3 weeks, too

Edit- early labor not active! More coffee, much needed

ETA, we’re testing my memory here, but I distinct remember timing contractions at the 36, 37, and 38w marks with them petering out after a few hours, and being checked at the 37w mark being told I’m at a 3. I know I felt them for at least 2-3 (so maybe they started closer to 34w than 32 🤷🏼‍♀️) weeks before that check and was induced at 39w, so yeah, at least a month. I do think that’s why I ultimately went into labor during my induction- breaking my water got my body to go “oh hey, I’m supposed to actually keep this up and evict this kid” 😂
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • I wonder if I’m in the minority here but I don’t get checked until I’m in the hospital. They start offering at like 37 weeks right? I just always decline, I feel like if I’m told I’m x amount of cm I’ll have certain expectations ℓσℓ so I just let it go

DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    I wonder if I’m in the minority here but I don’t get checked until I’m in the hospital. They start offering at like 37 weeks right? I just always decline, I feel like if I’m told I’m x amount of cm I’ll have certain expectations ℓσℓ so I just let it go

With DS1, I wasn’t checked until 39w. They offered to check me with DS2 at 37w to see if my contractions were doing anything and I took them up on it. Other than that, they don’t check unless you ask for it. I will be checked this time around because we will plan my induction based on dilation and effacement 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @perfectlove09 thank you for relating! I thought no one else knew what I meant. However, I still think we might be experiencing different things. Mine is hard to describe, but if my stomach is up that high, it might be something going on there. Liquids or something moving around. It never hurts, just feels really weird, and only happens when I lay on my left side, which I know we're *supposed* to lay on. But I really prefer my right because I don't get this weird feeling. In any case, when sleeping (or trying to) I have to keep flipping back and forth regardless. I can't just stick to one side.
  • @perfectlove09 with DS they didn't check me or ask to until my due date (went 3 days over). I'm pretty sure, unless I'm feeling contractions this time, I would decline if they offered.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • @perfectlove09 I get checked probably around 37 weeks. But I kept declining the checks and the membrane sweep (~39/40 weeks) with my second because I wasn’t ready for her to be born. She came 13 days late but I think she was conceived about a week later. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • @perfectlove09 I always declined checks as well
  • @perfectlove09 My OB said he won’t check me before my due date unless there is a reason or I ask him to. 
  • @perfectlove09 cervical checks really messed with my emotions with my first. Since I wasn't dilated at all until I went into labor, they would always make comments like "wow still so high, not even close, this baby has a long way to go, etc. " (even though dilation really means nothing as to when you'll go into labor!)  I would leave the office crying because at that point you're just an hormonal mess and each week feels like an eternity. With my 2nd I declined all checks until 40 weeks. With this one, I'll decline all checks until 41ish weeks or if they want to try a sweep.  

• I’m actually SO happy to hear that so many drs aren’t checking like they used to. When I was PG with my first and in that bump group it was almost all the girls were getting regular checks around 36-37 weeks. My dr offers around then but I just always steer toward “leave me alone” ℓσℓ 

I’m curious if they will now or not
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09