October 2019 Moms

July Symptoms

Re: July Symptoms

• emily1052 said:
    In the last 24 hours I’ve slept 14.  I can’t seem to get enough sleep!!!  
    I'm glad it's not just me also! I've been SO TIRED lately. I would probably be perfectly fine sleeping the day away if it weren't for the guilt of needing to be at least somewhat productive.
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• +1 to sleeping A LOT. SO was a sweetie and took over watching DS this morning and I ended up sleeping until almost 1:30 (from 7:30, DS did wake up early at 5:30 and proceed to beat me up for 2 hours, climbing all over me in our bed). I have a cold and thought that was why but it's been ridiculous. And super sapped energy. I keep having to take a minute to work up some energy just to get up from a seated position the last two days.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • Loading the player...
  • I had been having sciatic pain quite a bit over the last week.  Yesterday I threw out my back doing something simple.  I’m hoping some exercises from a previous chiro/sports medicine guy I used to see will help me heal all up because I can’t see anywhere in my schedule where I will be able to get to the chiropractor anytime soon.  
  • Cass005Cass005 member
    edited July 2019
    @emily1052 oh all the flip flopping is soooo annoying. I'm gonna start counting how many times I have to flip...

Also which side are we supposed to sleep on again? I'm starting to want to get a pregnancy pillow I just dont want to spend the money. But it might help so much.
  • +1 for exhausted and flip flopping in bed. I’m also super lightheaded when I get up and my bp readings at home are showing low bp which is good for my PIH. 
  • @Cass005 Yep, left side. I think it has something to do with the asymmetry of where your nerves travel down the body? I know for sure that sleeping in your left helps to reduce heartburn due to the way your esophagus enters the stomach, so that's a bonus!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Cass005 left side is what they say....

For those with leg cramps in the night.... I've had 1 just about every night for a week dispite getting enough water. Since they've been so bad that I'm still feeling pain in the morning I tried 200mg magnesium before bed last night (about an hour prior). No leg cramp. Slept great until my usual bladder wake up. I'll keep it up and hope it was the solution for me.
    Magnesium also can help with sleep! Be aware that it can also give you diarrhea ℓσℓ 
    I’m taking a liquid form of Mag/Calcium and Phosphorus mixed together and my stomach hasn’t been right for 2 months. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • I’ll start off by saying that I’ve always had issues with my ears.  Fluid builds up in Eustachian tubes causing a lot of pressure and can eventually cause an ear infection.  
    Typically when this happens I take Sudafed for a couple of weeks and it dries everything up.

For the last 2 weeks I’ve had fluid in my ears.  Since Sudafed is a no-no I tried taking Benadryl at night to help but it’s not working. Any suggestions?  I wrote to my OB’s office today asking them but haven’t heard back yet.  
  • @emily1052 can we take prednisone while pregnant? That’s what I’ve had to take the two times I had fluid build up in my ears (for no apparent reason) it gave me vertigo really badly and the steroid helped.  
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • emily1052emily1052 member
    edited July 2019
    @perfectlove09 it’s categorized as a “D” so I would personally rather not.  😕  but thank you for the suggestion! 
  • emily1052 said:
    @perfectlove09 it’s categorized as a “D” so I would personally rather not.  😕  but thank you for the suggestion! 
    awe shoot. I’m sorry. I haven’t had to worry about it during pregnancy. I hope your dr has some ideas 💜
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • @emily1052 So this sounds like a silly suggestion, and it might be something you've tried, but would something like Swimmer's Ear help? That sometimes helps my older sister with her constant earaches, but it doesn't always do the job. I posted a picture of what I mean in the spoiler. I think there may be other brands as well.

DD 10/2019
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    emily1052 said:
    I’ll start off by saying that I’ve always had issues with my ears.  Fluid builds up in Eustachian tubes causing a lot of pressure and can eventually cause an ear infection.  
    Typically when this happens I take Sudafed for a couple of weeks and it dries everything up.

For the last 2 weeks I’ve had fluid in my ears.  Since Sudafed is a no-no I tried taking Benadryl at night to help but it’s not working. Any suggestions?  I wrote to my OB’s office today asking them but haven’t heard back yet.  
    You can take Sudafed. Regular Sudafed is class B. The PE version is class C. Mucinex is also class C. 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Wss^^ and I also 2nd the possibility of debrox or other swimmers ear relief.
  • edited July 2019
    For all of you with SPD, chiropractic work can absolutely help - even if your hips are not out of alignment. (Chances are they are considering the shift of weight distribution that happens) So much of chiro work is muscular and mobility work that decreases SPD pain. 

A simple google will tell you this. 

@galentine see a Webster certified chiropractor. I’ve seen Webster and non-Webster while pregnant and definitely felt safer with my Webster certified practitioners. They use a table that drops instead of a bunch of twisting and popping to get your joints to move.  

It’s much less about popping and cracking and a lot of muscular work to improve mobility when you are pregnant. I also get massage therapy at every appointment to round out the care. Complete game changer. 
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• cmbt2cmbt2 member
    For all of you with SPD, chiropractic work can absolutely help - even if your hips are not out of alignment. (Chances are they are considering the shift of weight distribution that happens) So much of chiro work is muscular and mobility work that decreases SPD pain. 

A simple google will tell you this. 

@galentine see a Webster certified chiropractor. I’ve seen Webster and non-Webster while pregnant and definitely felt safer with my Webster certified practitioners. They use a table that drops instead of a bunch of twisting and popping to get your joints to move.  

It’s much less about popping and cracking and a lot of muscular work to improve mobility when you are pregnant. I also get massage therapy at every appointment to round out the care. Complete game changer. 
    A major yes to the table drops!

essentially what’s my chiro does is this: 1) uses the activator thingy to line up my neck, shoulders, and spine. He lowers his table so my belly can hang down. 

2) tells me to move down the table until I can’t go any further due to the belly. 

3) he raises the table, and as he drops it back down, he uses slight pressure on my hips to coerce them into place. The main thing here is the force of gravity is helping with the light force to knock things back into place. It feels funny the first few times because they’re essentially touching your ass the whole time, but it really truly works
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • I’m glad you all are posting about chiropractors. It reminded me to email to set up an appointment! I haven’t been in probably a month. I’ve been waking up more sore and with a headache in the last few days and I’m sure it’s my body yelling at me to go get adjusted
  • I had my first ever leg cramp in the middle of the night last night and it was horrible!! My calf is still a little sore today and I really hope it was a one off. 
  • @PenelopeSnuz77, I'm so glad you mentioned massage therapy too. I also read that you should go about as often as your doctor appointments. I have only been once so far and was hesitant to go every other week because it's expensive. But I think I should just suck it up and do it because I felt soooo great afterward!
  • @PenelopeSnuz77 THAT’s what it’s called! Webster. I knew there was more to what I was trying to share ℓσℓ 

I need to get in to a chiro but we are currently on Medicaid and I was told they don’t cover those visits. Until DH finds a job I’ll be skipping that 😬
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Feeling like I'm back in the first tri again. Food just isn't tasting right. Also light headed a lot. Especially when standing. I think I'll spend the third tri in bed.
         BabyGaga
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    meagan-t said:
    Oh my goodness! I can see the baby moving on the outside. This is so surreal! 
    Welcome to alien baby status!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @meagan-t me too! So weird.
  • I’m glad you all are posting about chiropractors. It reminded me to email to set up an appointment! I haven’t been in probably a month. I’ve been waking up more sore and with a headache in the last few days and I’m sure it’s my body yelling at me to go get adjusted
    I totally know better and have been putting off getting in too, and have had a constant headache the last few weeks. I’ve been sleeping elevated on pillows as I’ve been battling this nasty respiratory thing and I’m sue that’s why my headaches won’t go away.  Thanks for the reminder!!

• @PenelopeSnuz77 THAT’s what it’s called! Webster. I knew there was more to what I was trying to share ℓσℓ 

I need to get in to a chiro but we are currently on Medicaid and I was told they don’t cover those visits. Until DH finds a job I’ll be skipping that 😬
    I’ve been paying out of pocket. I’ve found that all the chiros I like don’t take my insurance and it sucks but I feel strongly about going to one I really like. 😐

• @geminigirl16 Leg cramps are the worst! I used to get them before DS and all though his PG, but (knock on wood) none yet this time. I think I might be on the path to them, though, since my calves have been tight and sore some mornings, and I'm definitely not out running 5ks right now...
  • Waaahhh!I finally got my first leg cramp last night. I never got them with DS and thought I'd be in the clear with this one too. But I do do these weird whole body tenses up type stretches when I'm pregnant. It seems to be an involuntary reflex but I got it immediately following that MOTN and almost couldn't get the calf to relax. NOW I know the pain you are all going through.
         BabyGaga
  • I have GOT to get to the chiropractor as well.  I’m sorry so many of us are feeling achy and sore.  The sciatic pain has been getting worse and not better and I threw out my back on Thursday.  The hard part is finding time around my work schedule.
  • @PenelopeSnuz77 I’m going to have to as well. As soon as he gets a job, granted I may have had the baby by then 🙄🤬

I’d like to get in because I’m hoping it would help with this terrible sleep. 
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • @steminist Did you find anything that helped? My calf was tender all day yesterday and finally feels back to normal today. Wondering if I was dehydrated... 
  • steministsteminist member
    edited July 2019
    @geminigirl16 Water for sure helped to prevent them. Maybe try some Gatorade, too, to help with electrolyte balance. If you have one anyway, try to flex your foot back and forth while massaging the calf. Hurts like a MF, but helps me to make the pain pass faster!
  • I just had a very strange and scary experience - I was lounging on the couch after a busy day and all of a sudden I started feeling severe, cramping pains in my left side and my back. They weren’t sharp, more like dull cramps but VERY strong and steady, no real breaks or anything. I moved to the bedroom and spent about 20 minutes lying on my bed and just writhing in pain. I’m all alone (DH is working a soccer camp in another state) and decided if it didn’t stop hurting soon I’d have to call 911 for myself, that’s how bad it was. 

I started to worry about baby of course, and for some reason I decided to get my Doppler out and check on her - mainly because I was in too much pain to move off of the bed for my phone, and the Doppler is in a basket on my nightstand. Anyway, I used it, while crying with pain. Baby’s HB sounded the same as always, a steady 140, and as I lay there with the wand on my belly, the pain in my side and back literally stopped. It didn’t slowly get better, it just flat out stopped hurting all of a sudden. Now I’ve been laying here for 15 minutes, feeling fine, watching my belly bounce and ripple as baby girl wiggles around in there. 

WTF just happened?? Has anyone else experienced anything like this??

Sorry for such a long post!
  • @jenferlee82 oh my goodness!!!  That sounds so scary.  I have no idea what it could be but I think a call to your OB is in order.  ❤️
  • @jenferlee82 I’m so sorry that happened and that you were alone for it! I wonder if she was just laying in a way that pushed on a nerve or something. Last time I was at the MW and they used the dopplar it made baby move around so she had to chase him. She said they think the waves can “tickle” the baby (her words) and it often makes them move
  • @jenferlee82 scary!! Glad you were able to get some reassurance from the nurse. I've had a similar feeling when I think the baby is on a nerve but never lasts more than a minute. 20 minutes in that kind of pain would have me freaking out too.