October 2019 Moms

Re: Weekly Randoms 7/1

• Loading the player...
  • @cmbt2, I'm with you. I'm such a scrooge about fireworks, and I HATE when individuals set them off. I actually love fireworks displays but think they are better left to the professionals. Just go to the park to see them! First, it's illegal to set them off inside our town limits anyway. Second, they scare my dog. Third, it's only ever the idiot neighbor who has been drinking all day long who sets them off. So if he could please not burn my house down, I'd super appreciate it. 🙄
  • Monday confession: I started working for my parents company recently to help them out with all of the extra work they have going on only to find out that my mom has been making things 100x more complicated than necessary for the last 20 years. I’ve set up some great systems that have cut her work load way back. Normally this is great except now I get an entire 7-8 hours of work done in 1.5 maybe 2 hours if I’m stretching it so I get to sit in the office and screw around for the rest of the day. I appreciate the down time but it’s so boring waiting for an email with more work that may or may not come. 

I’m also frustrated that this weekend DH was less productive than I had hoped. I could be catching up on stuff at the house today while my kids are at daycare but instead I’m here finished with work pinning ways to make our camper look nicer and how to make the small space more efficient. 
  • I get six whole days off of work and then only work a half day this coming Sunday so we can go to the parade/carnival/fireworks in town. I'm so happy🤣 doesn't mean anything extra is gonna get done but this last weekend team lead had me in a few positions that require lots of movement and let's say my Fitbit team is happy but my hips are not! Today is laundry and resting. I think we're gonna take DS to see a movie on Wednesday, it'll be his first ever. His Bday is next Monday, so we wanted to go to the zoo this week or next but this rain is ridiculous. Since I have Saturday off, were were  go to the big opening of the splash pad park in my hometown. And then his birthday party is there the weekend after. Busy weeks coming up!!
    Maybe try to go to the drive in on Friday if the weather is nice!

I love doing fireworks. SO used to live in the country and so do my aunt and uncle so I grew up with fireworks every year and now we do them with friends that live outside of town. But I do hate when people set them off IN town. That's dumb. And dangerous when next to other houses! 

• I’ll take it one step further: I don’t like any fireworks. I just don’t get the appeal 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
  • @SLou24 yikes that’s frightening, glad everything is okay.
    @cmbt2 add me to the not a fan of fireworks camp
    @junebabyh cute cake!
    @jenferlee82 Happy Birthday!!
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Happy early birthday, @jenferlee82!

I honestly don't have an opinion one way or another on fireworks in neighborhoods, but I think that's going to change now that I live - for the first time this year - in an actual subdivision. My dog is pretty patient with them, but I know loud noises have started bothering him more than usual, so I'll need to drug him and give him his booyah (like a Kong, but he prefers it so much more) to keep him distracted.
    DD 10/2019
  • edited July 2019
    Another +1 to hating the off the wall fireworks. We also get to play the game "Was that a gun or fireworks?!" since we live in BFE.

My neighbors, literally 100 yards away from our house, set off fireworks on Memorial Day weekend. I'm like WTF. Scared the piss out of my husband and I and we brought DS into our room for fear it was someone shooting off a gun. 

4th of July fireworks usually start the weekend before and continue for a couple weeks after -_-

We don't get lots of sleep. 
    TTC #1 6/2011
    BFP #1 10/2012
    DS#1 born 6/2013

TTC#2 12/2013
    BFP#2 2/2019
    TWINS Baby Girl due October 20th, 2019.
       BabyGaga

• Ugh. Roofers showed up at 7:30 this morning!! Wouldn't stop knocking until I went to the door. Now on roof making as much noise as possible... I knew they'd be here starting today, but 7:30?? Is that normal?
  • @jenferlee82 Happy early birthday! DS2 was due on July 8th and I was realllllly hoping he'd be born on the 4th. I think it's such a fun day to have a birthday!

• @jenferlee82 Happy birthday! 🥳
  • Well, the boys both have Fifth’s disease.  In what I hope is an abundance of caution my OB took bloodwork and advised me to stay away from my kids until the immunity results come back.  Soooo boo.  Or maybe silver lining is I get to do what I want for a few days? 🤦‍♀️
  • @quidditchcapn1120 oh no!  I hope YS’s recovery quickly and you don’t catch it.  
  • @quidditchcapn1120 That sounds awful for your kids! I had that in junior high and it was very uncomfortable. Have you ever had it?

That being said, I'd take advantage of a few days of "freedom" if I were you. 😄
    DD 10/2019
  • @quidditchcapn1120 OMG! I thought DS2 had it last week because of the red cheeks symptom, which he was exhibiting. (But doc said no) I hope they're better soon and that you and baby aren't affected! 
  • @quidditchcapn1120 so sorry about the 5ths disease and extra worry that causes during pregnancy. Hopefully you are immune already! When I had bloodwork done recently I came back as having had 5ths in the past (so immune now) but I never recalled ever having it. I guess some people get it and never have any symptoms.

@SLou24 So scary your house may have been hit by lightning. Glad no one was hurt!
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• @quidditchcapn1120 ugh. I'm sorry. That is awful and I've got all the things crossed that you don't contract it!
  • andrawrmeda2andrawrmeda2 member
    edited July 2019
    @quidditchcapn1120 yikes!! Hope it passes quickly and I'd enjoy a little time to keep from stressing, though it would t work for me. 

@jenferlee82 happy early birthday too! Hope you have a good one 😍

I called the park district this morning to reserve the shelter for DS party. Passed out on the couch for an hour or so and still haven't heard back. Gonna call again, I hate calling multiple times in one day and I really hate phone tag. 😑

Edited cause I totally forgot one thing 😂 preggo brain.

• @quidditchcapn1120 Ugh, that sucks! Hopefully you are all clear
  • @quidditchcapn1120 oh no, I’m so sorry 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @quidditchcapn1120 I’m so sorry! I continue to be amazed at how many common childhood diseases there are that I’ve never heard of (or never heard of pre-kid). 

@jenferlee82 Happy early birthday!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @meagan-t Hahahaha! [raises hand]