October 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms 6/24

Re: Weekly Randoms 6/24

• @alinic916 interesting! It was an article or something my MIL read during her research for my son's surgery and I've heard it before in my cranio group. It certainly held true for us, but I understand that anesthesia doesn't affect everyone the same 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
  • @nnaelilak I'd be interested to read the article and see if there's actually studies done and what the outcomes show.

We can be kind of defensive when it comes to anesthesia because we literally get blamed for everything in the OR.  It's kind of a running joke. Sometimes funny, sometimes not so funny. I've even had a case where there was a critical event and had to do CPR on the patient. It was one of those things that you read about but are super rare. The surgeon and the anesthesia team agreed it on what the cause was, it had to do with the surgery, not anesthesia.  When the cardiologist worked up the patient afterward, he totally blamed anesthesia even though the surgeon put in his note what the probably cause was.  
  • Loading the player...
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @alinic916 I can see that! When I had DS1, I had a major headache after. The first comment I was asked was “did you have an epidural?” like that was the cause and not the massive amount of blood I lost during delivery or the fact that I couldn’t stomach caffeine that day when I literally had it every day of pregnancy 🙄
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • @cmbt2 yep, epidurals is definitely a common one we get blamed for! We just had a grand rounds lecture about it where a headache got blamed on an epidural, when in fact the patient had some bleeding on the spinal cord completely unrelated to the epidural!!  Weird shit happens in medicine!
  • @obsessedwithoranges I haven't looked much this time around, but I remember a good amount of zoo animal clothes in 2016. Often, I found good options under the "boy" tabs, too, that were basically just not frilly so therefore not "for girls". 🙄 It is nice, though, because sizing can be so hard to predict, and I ended up getting way more of the stuff I needed, instead of 30 newborn sleepers we'd never use.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @galentine YES. I wish they'd write that on my sandwich every time. Also, I just ordered JJ's for lunch and I FORGOT that I was going to try the BLT until I just saw this. Doh!!

@prpl11butterfly Exciting!! Fingers crossed that you get either an acceptance a good counter back!
  • @prpl11butterfly So exciting! I’d love to hear about the house if you’re comfortable sharing!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @alinic916 I'll ask her!

@prpl11butterfly ahhhhh! That's so exciting!! 
  • @prpl11butterfly, best of luck with the offer! 🤞
  • galentine said:
    I saw this photo on FB the other day, and it reminded me of the conversation with @emily1052 and others about the Jimmy John's BLT. It you order it with added provolone cheese (which I always do!), they might mark your sandwich ....

😂😂 I just had one yesterday for lunch!  But I didn’t add cheese.  Totally going to try this next week! 
  • @prpl11butterfly eeek!!!  So exciting!  I hope you get it!! 
  • @emily1052, I had one yesterday too but didn't even think to check what they wrote on the wrapper. I'll probably get another one today, so I'll report back 😂
  • @prpl11butterfly I have everything crossed for you!
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• I think I am done wearing scrubs to work as of today and will transition to maternity clothes on Monday. I am hesitant though because my bump will really be out there in fitted shirts. And I’m not looking forward to pulling my jeans up all day. But atlas, the time has come. 

@prpl11butterfly Congrats!! By when do the owners need to give you an answer?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • @telicious2 not trying to change your mind but I found a great brand of maternity scrubs that actually still fit cute!  They’re by WonderWink and they fit similarly to my HeartSoul scrubs (fitted on top and slimmer fit legs).  They are super comfy and don’t fall down.
  • Update: nothing at all was written on my Jimmy John's sandwich. At least I wasn't called a "bltch" 😂
  • I think I am done wearing scrubs to work as of today and will transition to maternity clothes on Monday. I am hesitant though because my bump will really be out there in fitted shirts. And I’m not looking forward to pulling my jeans up all day. But atlas, the time has come. 

Woah other people have to pull maternity pants up too?? I've been struggling with this since I switched 😂 and of course the one pair that 1 has belt loops, I don't have a belt that fits obviously 😂😂 everyone at work is like oh just wait your bump will fill them out 😂

• cmbt2cmbt2 member
    I think I am done wearing scrubs to work as of today and will transition to maternity clothes on Monday. I am hesitant though because my bump will really be out there in fitted shirts. And I’m not looking forward to pulling my jeans up all day. But atlas, the time has come. 

Woah other people have to pull maternity pants up too?? I've been struggling with this since I switched 😂 and of course the one pair that 1 has belt loops, I don't have a belt that fits obviously 😂😂 everyone at work is like oh just wait your bump will fill them out 😂
    Yes, it’s part of the reason I hate them so. They don’t stay up. My capris have the side panels, and I can’t stand a belt anymore so they constantly fall down. My jeans have the panel and same issue. I’m counting down until I can wear real jeans again
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • We just got home from spending 7+ hours at a local amusement park. It was so hot and humid. I did get a corn dog and yummy dessert waffle out of it but maaan am I pooped out! 
  • @cmbt2 I just wiggle my ass all day at work 😂 they're comfy, I just hate how they slide at my thighs, due to the repetitive back and forth stepping. So I just yank them up 😂 everyone's used to it anyway😂

• Mine are always feeling like they're slipping, but I still find them way more comfortable than most other options. I like the full-panel bottoms, so at least when I hike them up, you don't see skin or underwear, just spandex.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @geminigirl16 have you ever done rent the runway? It’s my favorite! I never buy dresses anymore.  
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• @prpl11butterfly If I could, I would but they don’t ship to Canada 😞 and many of the more local ones don’t carry maternity or the cost doesn’t make it worth it. 
  • @geminigirl16 I also have a wedding in two weeks and I've been perusing Amazon for choices. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg since, like you said, I might only wear it once. I'd like to stay $50 and under, but I haven't found any viable options yet. Be sure to show us what you find so I can maybe get a better idea for myself. 😉
    DD 10/2019
  • Ladies, you might try https://us.asos.com/women/maternity/cat/?cid=5813&nlid=ww|clothing|shop+by+range

I just got this dress from there for a wedding in a few weeks (got it on sale for $45). It’s soooo comfy and flowy and cute. They have a nice variety of styles and good range of prices. The only thing is their shipping takes a while so you may either have to pay more or plan ahead. 

• Our offer was not accepted. I'm okay with it, I really didn't think we'd get it. Onward we go. I really wish we could put an offer in on another 1 we saw the same night (we both liked it more) but the 2nd bathroom is in the basement and really needs to be torn out and re-done. With no ability to put a bedroom in the basement do I really want to be down there getting ready?
  • @prpl11butterfly sorry to hear that. House hunting is so stressful, can’t imagine how much more so when pregnant! Good luck in the continued search. Do you guys have a time frame in mind for hitting pause? 
  • @meagan-t I never even contemplated Amazon but will definitely look.

@jenferlee82 I had never looked at ASOS before now but they have some really nice stuff! How did you find the sizing? I’m looking at the size guide and based on my measurements I’d be a good 2-3 sizes higher than what I normally wear so feel a bit unsure of what size to potentially order. 

@prpl11butterfly Sorry you missed out on the house. Hopefully another good ones comes on the market soon. The buying process is so exhausting—we lost out on several bidding wars before finding our current place.