October 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 6/24

Re: Weekly Randoms 6/24

• Options
    @cass005 that’s super stinky! I’m sorry that your job is going through that right now. That extra added stress is definitely not fun. I’m glad that your bosses are keeping tabs on you. We are here for you too!!  <3
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• Options
    nanner26 said:
    @grapeskittles4lyfe I’ll also be flying with Lufthansa after 28 weeks. Did you print of the pdf from their website or are you planning to have the doctor write their own note? 
    Yup! I figure if that's the one they supply that's the one they'll be most comfortable with.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    marbellie said:
    Thanks everyone! I will try to kick butt and ignore the baby kicks throughout

@steminist good luck! How long of a leave do you have?
    @grapeskittles4lyfe is there a particular store with office maternity wear that you've preferred?

In Germany, I went to Envie de Fraise, Seraphine (for like one top, because $$$) and bellybutton. But H&M is where most of my clothing came from.

The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Options
    I went back and forth several times between bikini/covering up the bump at the lake. I bought one maternity tankini too, just in case that’s the route I wanted to go. This may belong in tomorrow UO, but I decided I didn’t really care and hit the pool in a bikini. I thought I may get a lot of stares, but really didn’t! Accepting changing bodies can be hard! 
  • Options
    @Cass005 I’m so sorry to hear that! What a stressful time and right when you really don’t need extra stress. 
  • Options
    junebabyh said:
    Guys!!!! Woke up to news that my sister is in labor! So likely Baby Girl arrives today!  <3<3<3
    So exciting!!!! 🥰
  • Options
    @Cass005 I’m sorry you’re having to go through all that restructuring.  😢

@junebabyh yay for your family!!  Hope the birth goes well!!  
  • Options
    @jenferlee82 thats awesome!! I'm also our primary, but I get a short notice leave then pay at 60% for 4 weeks, which is better than what I got last time round, zip!! 

@junebabyh yesterday was DS EDD originally, I was out off he waited til July😂 hope you get a baby neice today💕

• Options
    @jenferlee82 that is AMAZING!!!  I hope more companies take this lead!  
  • Options
    @jenferlee82 Woohoo! That’s wonderful for you, and you should also feel amazing about making your workplace better for future moms!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @jenferlee82 That is so amazing. I truly think that all businesses should offer 12 weeks fully paid maternity and/or paternity leave to their employees because it really helps and makes a difference in a new parents life. 

• Options
    @jenferlee82, what amazing news! Congratulations on the maternity leave policy upgrade! You should take pride in the fact you are helping to change status quo for all women. Thank you! ❤
  • Options
    @jenferlee82 Wow just wow, I am interested to hear about your proposal and how you  presented it. I am just so amazed that you did this, you should really celebrate, this is such a momentous occasional especially if your company can offer this for future pregnant employees.
  • Options
    @junebabyh, congratulations on your new niece!
  • Options
    @junebabyh Yay! Congrats to your sister  <3 Have fun snuggling your new niece tonight!

• Options
    @junebabyh Yay! Congrats, that's such awesome news! I love the name Claire, so sweet.
  • Options
    More sister-wedding shenanigans... so the big day is now about two weeks away and she has not mentioned yet what she would like DS to wear, as he is in the wedding party. They are having a Star Wars themed wedding so I knew that she wanted them to dress up like characters from the original films... but she had never confirmed anything and now we are getting down to the wire. So I re-texted her today and asked AGAIN what she would like my kid to wear. She straight up wants him to wear a 'Luke Skywalker' Halloween costume. Her friend's child (who is 10 months) will be dressed up as Yoda, and her fiance's 1/2-sisters kids will be dressed up as Leia and Han Solo (which seems weird to me but whatever)... 

And she seems like she's getting snippy with me for asking so many questions and making her pick the EXACT costume she would like DS to wear. In my opinion, when it ends up looking like s@#*, I want the own-ness to be on her, because it will be what they wanted/picked. 

• Options
    @stephanie123456 Oh my...I would be exactly like you and want her to pick out the outfit! What if you picked one and she hated it? Lord knows you don't need to be dealing with that. 

For the record, it is crazy to me that the wedding is two weeks away and you are having to pry this information from her! Eeek!
  • Options
    junebabyh said:
    They are having a Star Wars themed wedding ...
    Wut.
    My cousin had a bad ass DC comics wedding. Wish I had pics, it was just a small thing. And a good friend from high school got married on Halloween, she had a white and red dress and her fiance wore a white tux with red accents. Everyone came in their costumes. It was fun 😂 they also both listen to a band called Insane Clown Posse, so they had the Hatchet man in some of their decor. That's how their house is decorated too. Not my fancy, but it works for them😂

• Options
    @andromedacorrine2 They may be having Storm Troopers there as well at some point, but I'm not sure (my sister hasn't been as forthcoming with talking about her wedding since I got KU). It's just weird to me because some parts of the wedding don't seem to fit with other parts... like is it elegant/classy or casual/fun? Not that it can't be both but just the mix that I know of so far has me kind of scratching my head... 

• Options
    @stephanie123456 okay yeah that's confusing for sure 😂 hopefully she gets what she's aiming for!

My mom wanted to plan mine out and I had to tell her no several times cause she's too all over the place like that too.
    My theater director from high school, and also a very good family friend got remarried my senior year and they did a woodlands/ Robin Hood theme and had the groomsmen dress up as knights/archers and the bridesmaids as maid Marian styles! It was absolutely beautiful, they made everything themselves, down to decor(her daughter and her best friend are costume directors and own their own fashion business locally here). It was a cool clash of elegant but casual! So I get it! 
    (Her daughter's best friend married a few years back and they did a gorgeous steampunk wedding. All outfits hand made again, the groomsmen were steam workers and the women wore tight corset styles. It was also beautifully put together 😍)

• Options
    @stephanie123456 What’s the dress code for guests? Just curious 
  • Options
    @melanier26 I snipped this from their wedding website and covered the names...

• Options

What 😂😂😂 the wedding party is supposed to show the guests up 😂😂 that is all over the place. So they'll be in a tux and dress but the party is in costumes??

• Options

That is very... extra. 😂