October 2019 Moms

All Group Check-In W/O 6/10

2»

Re: All Group Check-In W/O 6/10

• cmbt2cmbt2 member
    jcbh2018 said:
    galentine said:

Questions: my baby was breech at her 20w anatomy scan. I know 20w is super early and she has plenty of time to flip. But does anyone know how/when they will check if she did? Will I get another U/S at some point to check her position?

You’ll have a growth scan in your 30th (something) week. They’ll be able to tell you how big your baby is and what to expect “weight wise” when you deliver and they’ll be able to see if she’s head down. 

Not all practices do a growth scan. Mine does not.
    Mine have never done growth scans unless there was a medical indication for having one. They’re not done as standard care
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • @galentine I would think if she feels breech by hand they will do an US to confirm before moving right to a CS. But with DS, I could feel what I knew was his butt based on where/how I was feeling kicks. If she is breech, I'm sure her head will be very noticeable even to untrained hands.
    This part is unbelievable to me! Not like I don't believe you, I do. As a FTM, I just can't yet comprehend being able to distinguish body parts! Crazy! ❤
  • Loading the player...
  • galentine said:
    @galentine I would think if she feels breech by hand they will do an US to confirm before moving right to a CS. But with DS, I could feel what I knew was his butt based on where/how I was feeling kicks. If she is breech, I'm sure her head will be very noticeable even to untrained hands.
    This part is unbelievable to me! Not like I don't believe you, I do. As a FTM, I just can't yet comprehend being able to distinguish body parts! Crazy! ❤
    I'm with you - logically I know this is true but conceptually I have a hard time believing it right now. So cool!
  • It really is super cool! You'll only become more and more amazed as this progress goes on. I'm still amazed and I've BTDT. 
  • cmbt2 said:
    It really is super cool! You'll only become more and more amazed as this progress goes on. I'm still amazed and I've BTDT. 
    The thing that always amazed me the most was right after birth, looking at the baby, and going “how the hell did you fit in there??” 😂
    so much this.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• galentine said:
    I am so excited to see how many of us are saying baby has a name, maybe not quite official yet, or not yet said out loud, but mostly decided on. This is so exciting! It's  getting real! ❤❤❤
    When other people call her by name it really sets in that "omg" feeling for me.
  • @kindbytealikat Same with the asthma. I was so annoyed last night when my lungs only lasted for half of my run. My doctor just weaned me off my steroid inhaler, so I should probably take it easier too  :(
  • @prpl11butterfly The "reply" button doesn't work for me but that is totally how I feel!! I swear, it took DH and I forever to settle on DS' name but this one came a little easier (and it wasn't a name we had previously agreed on).
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• cmbt2cmbt2 member
    galentine said:
    I am so excited to see how many of us are saying baby has a name, maybe not quite official yet, or not yet said out loud, but mostly decided on. This is so exciting! It's  getting real! ❤❤❤
    When other people call her by name it really sets in that "omg" feeling for me.
    My oldest refers to DD by name and I call her by her nickname in my Jan’15 group. I’m worried DS1 will slip up when my ILs are here. He already blabbed to his PT 🤣🤣
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • I'm always amazed when moms can do this. With my second I thought "surely I'll be able to figure it out this time." And it still felt like I'd swallowed a bag of snakes. 
    lol omg this was the best thing I read so far haha.
  • andrawrmeda2andrawrmeda2 member
    edited June 2019
    EDD / Weeks + Days:  10/4/19, 23w 6d already🤯
    Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: grapefruit!
    FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM, DS is 4 in July, DD is 2 1/2
    Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green (and share name if you feel comfortable): Team Green💚 we have a boy and girl name picked!!
    Upcoming Appointments: today! At 930, we talk about the glucose screen eep.
    How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): sooooo much heartburn😩 the ultrasound tech said she thought she saw hair already which doesn't surprise me lol lots of back pain and I think Braxton Hicks contractions???? Never had them before but at work last week my lower back was getting really tight and then crampy feeling, like the period back pains I get. It would come and go through the day but it hurt!! I've never had this!
    Rants/Raves: rants, more like a confession. The only thing ive gotten for this baby is a bassinet and the carseat. We're trying to build our credit to get a bigger vehicle and I figure the baby will have a few months in the bassinet so I can wait on a crib. Also hoping we can find a bigger place by the time the baby comes. Urgh
    Questions: just bout the Braxton Hicks, anyone able to explain this 😅
    GTKY: Fave summer snack? fresh fruit, summer sausage and cheese, berries and summer drinks! 

So we do a biophysical ultrasound right before delivery, it's also tied in with a stress test and kinda a sneak peek of the on floor cause that's where they do it. Both mine were around 39 weeks(assuming I would have delivered at 40) and took about an hour and a half. Both times, they measured my kids way more than they were! Freaked me out, they also we're concerned with DS cause his head measured almost 2 weeks behind at it. Thankfully nothing came of it. They told me 8lbs 3 oz with DS and DD measured at like 8 lbs 6oz. Neither of them weighed that thankfully! 
    Edited for a Prego brain misspell🤦🏽‍♀️

• cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @sweetteaandswingsmama have they placed you on baby aspirin and magnesium for the BP? If I wasn’t already on it, they were going to put me on it to help with my climbing BP, too
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Ach the influence of food suggestions in pregnancy. Now I'm dying to go find some summer sausage and cheeses. Thanks @andromedacorrine2, lol.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • @emily1052 Yep, it is a western slope crop! They are hugely popular here in Kansas - there’s one orchard in particular that comes to our local farmers market, and they sell out in the first hour most weeks!
    Is it the Palisade peaches? I live in Colorado and when I want them I know I have to get to the farmers market right when they open because they sell so fast!!! If it wasn’t such a long drive we’d go pick them ourselves ℓσℓ 

I do have some family in Grand Junction so I guess we could call it a family get together 😂
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • @emily1052 Yep, it is a western slope crop! They are hugely popular here in Kansas - there’s one orchard in particular that comes to our local farmers market, and they sell out in the first hour most weeks!
    Is it the Palisade peaches? I live in Colorado and when I want them I know I have to get to the farmers market right when they open because they sell so fast!!! If it wasn’t such a long drive we’d go pick them ourselves ℓσℓ 

I do have some family in Grand Junction so I guess we could call it a family get together 😂
    Yes! Those are the ones. SO GOOD! :)