How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: Fave summer snack?
TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

Re: All Group Check-In W/O 6/10

• Loading the player...
  • @galentineonce shes bigger they will be able to feel where she's at. And you will too 😉 I'm sorry to hear about YHs grandmother. Keeping you in my thoughts ❤
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @galentine I’m sorry about your grandma ❤️

Theyll start manually checking position around 28/30w. They’ll press on your stomach to feel her position and tell you. It’s not common to get an ultrasound to solely confirm they’re head down. It’s usually only to confirm being breech before doing a c section 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • @galentine sorry for your family’s loss.  Glad you’re able to find some silver linings in your situation.  And I LOVE and make that kind of caprese salad all the time!  I also love watermelon, basil and feta salads!! 

@jenferlee82 I lived in Colorado for most my life and had no idea that “Colorado peaches” were a thing!!  It must be a western slope crop.  
  • @emily1052 Yep, it is a western slope crop! They are hugely popular here in Kansas - there’s one orchard in particular that comes to our local farmers market, and they sell out in the first hour most weeks!
  • @stephanie123456 Yay for Virginia. I was hoping you'd use it in some way. V cute.
  • galentinegalentine member
    edited June 2019
    @stephanie123456, I was tempted to list ice cream as my fav summer treat after my monologue last week, but let's be honest here.... ice cream is really a year-round treat 😉

Also I'm glad you are using Virginia! Is the first name decided/are you going to tell us??
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @melanier26 i do 150mg in the morning and 75mg at night. You can do 150mg twice a day if needed. How long have you given it to help? It can take a few days to see a real difference when on the class B reflux meds

When we put DS2 on Zantac, the pediatrician explained it like this- on a manufacturing line, you have the corporate office that tells the plant to produce the product, and then you have the plant that is producing. Zantac (and Pepcid) works by intercepting at the corporate office and saying “stop!” before it reaches the plant. It can take a little while for the command to reach the plant. Prevacid and Prilosec work by running straight to the plant and going “halt production!!”
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @cmbt2 Thanks for the info. It just started overnight. I don’t know if I have IBS or just sensitivity to those foods but when I get a “flare up” it tends to (TMI) affect my bowels. Last night the reflux started to the point of bile actually coming up, which I’ve never had before. I took 150mg around 3 am and just took 150 now. After it seems under control I’ll probably decrease how much I take as long as that works. I was just taking it as needed before but I’m thinking I need to just stay on it at this point
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @Cass005 my job always talks about starting one and never has gotten it done in time 🤣 as the sex has always been revealed, they talked about doing DOB, length of labor, and length/weight. 

My workmate threw out the length of labor one when his gf had an emergency c section when her BP skyrocketed and baby was still breeched at 38w (they didn’t want to risk a version followed by induction), so they’re planning DOB and weight/length for DD. 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • cmbt2 said:
    @galentine I’m sorry about your grandma ❤️

Theyll start manually checking position around 28/30w. They’ll press on your stomach to feel her position and tell you. It’s not common to get an ultrasound to solely confirm they’re head down. It’s usually only to confirm being breech before doing a c section 
    @galentine sorry about your husband's grandma but what a special thing to share the name before she passed. Know they can be wrong and baby can still flip up until the end! My first flipped really late and with my second at around 34 weeks she was feeling my stomach and was like "Oh yeah, this baby is definitely breech" and ordered an ultrasound. Went for an US and the baby was not breech (as I suspected!) and I felt like it was such a pointless ultrasound. 

On the subject of breech - anyone here have a vaginal breech birth? I'd love to hear! 
  • cmbt2 said:
    I want to add that if you’re told baby is breeched, there’s things you can do to help encourage baby to flip... I chased DS2 around with an ice pack to get him to flip 😂
    @cmbt2 When we get closer to october you’ll have to share the details in case any of us need to try it 😆
  • @cmbt2 I’ve heard of a lot of techniques but that’s a new one for me 😂 I’ll be sure to remember it should the need arise! 
  • @cmbt2 That is hilarious. I have never heard of that method. Sounds... painful?? Was going to recommend some prenatal yoga to start with, lol... which is what worked for me and DS2 when he was still breech at 32 weeks. 
  • @mrsinterweb, good luck at your follow up scan tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you and sending positive vibes ❤
  • @galentine - my parents have a sour cherry tree in their yard because my dad prefers them. When we moved out of our old apartment I gave them the cherry tree SO had given me for my birthday and we planted it in their yard, so now when I visit I can snack on the "good" kind of cherries :)

The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• jcbh2018 said:
    galentine said:

Questions: my baby was breech at her 20w anatomy scan. I know 20w is super early and she has plenty of time to flip. But does anyone know how/when they will check if she did? Will I get another U/S at some point to check her position?

You’ll have a growth scan in your 30th (something) week. They’ll be able to tell you how big your baby is and what to expect “weight wise” when you deliver and they’ll be able to see if she’s head down. 

Not all practices do a growth scan. Mine does not.
  • jcbh2018 said:
    galentine said:

Questions: my baby was breech at her 20w anatomy scan. I know 20w is super early and she has plenty of time to flip. But does anyone know how/when they will check if she did? Will I get another U/S at some point to check her position?

You’ll have a growth scan in your 30th (something) week. They’ll be able to tell you how big your baby is and what to expect “weight wise” when you deliver and they’ll be able to see if she’s head down. 

Not all practices do a growth scan. Mine does not.
    As a general rule mine does not either, which was why I wondered if positioning would change that. Interesting how different practices fo things do differently.
  • @galentine I would think if she feels breech by hand they will do an US to confirm before moving right to a CS. But with DS, I could feel what I knew was his butt based on where/how I was feeling kicks. If she is breech, I'm sure her head will be very noticeable even to untrained hands.
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @galentine I would think if she feels breech by hand they will do an US to confirm before moving right to a CS. But with DS, I could feel what I knew was his butt based on where/how I was feeling kicks. If she is breech, I'm sure her head will be very noticeable even to untrained hands.
    This is the only standard time to get an ultrasound for position only- right before the c section because, if you don’t want one and have the chance to try vaginally, they want to be able to give you that chance. 

My OB with DS1 would do one once you were admitted for an induction as a precaution, but that’s not standard 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~