February 2020 Moms

June Symptoms

Re: June Symptoms

• @craftywitch ugh I’m sorry :( I do OK in the mornings but the afternoons/evenings I’m ready for bed at like 6pm! 
  • Well I’m jumping on the vomit train, as of yesterday. I’m trying to remind myself that M/S is associated with lower risk of miscarriage....but it still sucks. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @daffodil_shoe So sorry! Hope you can find some relief!

@bg122785 I keep randomly checking my boobs too! Lol. I agree on being super impatient. I’ll be 11 weeks before we see the actual doctor and it’s torture!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @clearlyclara LOL! I totally agree! Can’t wait for that bump!
    TW
  • @DDRRT1982 Yes, it’s awful lol!
    TW
  • @DDRRT1982 omg yes. I can smell everyone’s breath and it’s disgusting. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Drooling in my sleep
  • @glynch0303 Definitely feeling the extreme fatigue. Apparently it gets better in the second trimester!
    TW
  • @DDRRT1982 toddler foods are basically all I can eat too. Give me all the breaded and fried foods 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @DDRRT1982 I have a horrible sweet tooth, all I want is sweets! Especially donuts omg yum. Trying not to give in too much, and trying to limit carbs, because I do not want GD! Last time I failed my first glucose test and man, if anyone thinks the drink is bad for the 1st, the second is way sweeter! Blech!

@glynch0303 yep I’m exhausted all the time! It should get better in 2nd tri.
  • @DDRRT1982 I know what you mean! I usually eat really healthy too with tons of veggies, and only 2-3 servings of meat a week. The first few weeks of my pregnancy, I HAD to have meat every single day. Then that went away as my nausea got worse and pretty much all I could eat last week was mashed potatoes, Ritz crackers, popcorn, and ginger ale. Fortunately, my nausea has toned down a bit and I was able to eat a full plate of vegetables, including my favorite, artichoke! Now I just need Mac n cheese or a quesadilla with big veggie meals and to avoid asparagus for some reason. Haha! I swear my palate changes every week. It's hard to keep up!
  • I’m finding that I’m just queasy nonstop lately. I never throw up... I have little burps sometimes. But I just feel constantly sick to my stomach. Guess that’s the “morning sickness”? I am super fatigued too, @glynch0303. I don’t want to do anything but lie in bed. I’m regretting every social commitment I’ve made.
  • @glynch0303 yes, the fatigue is one of my strongest symptoms right now. Yesterday we went for a hike (which I do nearly daily!) and by like 15mins in I wanted hubs to carry me back to the car so I could go to sleep haha. We finished but but woo, I was zonked. Mine usually hits worst in the afternoons. 
  • The food aversions have hit me HARD in the last few days. I get queasy at the thought of veggies, fruits, and chicken. I only want carbs. Also, if I don't eat every 3ish hours I get nauseous. Bleh!
  • I feel like I literally have every symptom haha nausea and vomiting, spotting and cramping, dizziness, fatigue and sore breast. I mean, theres no question that I'm pregnant but feeling like poop haha
  • Exhaustion hit me this afternoon. I took a nap when DD did and I am so tired still and feeling so lazy. I just want to lay on the couch but DD has other plans. 
  • If anyone is having a really hard time with M/S, talk to your doctor about taking Unisom (even just 1/2 a pill) before bed. Unisom contains doxylamine, which helps with nausea. It will help with nausea even into the following day. Unisom is safe to take while pregnant, but double check with your doctor first.
  • I don’t remember having food aversions when I was pregnant with DD, but I’m definitely having a couple now. The thought of eggs is just grossing me out. And my DH just boiled a whole pot of hard boiled eggs. Hopefully I’m nowhere around when he decides to dig in...

@jvk2012 I feel you! At this point, I’m not sure what’s worse: having to go to work in the morning or being home all day with an energetic almost 2 year old! 
  • No morning sickness yet I don't think (I have another condition that makes me nauseous so hard to tell).

My boobs are huge and I must say they look great. They do hurt, though.

Peeing every 30-60 minutes. I've been assured that does not get better lol

I have a bad cold, which absolutely sucks. I'm sure that explains the fatigue as much as pregnancy could.

Awake now at midnight because of the cold and gnarly acid reflux. 

TW 
    Had a faint hint of rust in some discharge on Saturday, and also very light cramping (that could even have been indigestion). Not stressing, but will call my doc tomorrow to make sure it's okay.
    First baby due February 21, 2019
    Located in Columbia, SC
  • @babylawyer I had some spotting last night.  I was terrified and in tears.  This is my first pregnancy.  I spoke with my on call nurse who made me feel somewhat better but I’m still scared.  Anyone else have spotting?  What did your doctor say/do? If it was a previous pregnancy how did it go?
  • @pirateduck and @babylawyer sorry you’re going through this. Spotting during pregnancy is always so scary. For what it’s worth, I had spotting with two of my pregnancies and everything turned out fine. Hang in there and don’t be afraid to call the doc if you need to. They would usually give me an ultrasound to confirm everything was alright. 
  • Oh yeah, I think I posted in another thread, but I had spotting with my DS on and off throughout first tri and into second tri and all turned out fine. I called and was told that it's normal and they gave me some guidelines of when I should worry/ call back. I'm pretty much expecting spotting at some point.
  • Thank you @craftywitch and @therealbitts !  It is comforting to hear of others that have had spotting and that it is normal!  It’s scary because in my life up until now any blood coming from there ha been associated with lack of pregnancy.  I did speak with a nurse and spotting has seemed to have stopped and I don’t have any of the other symptoms she said to watch out for, so fingers crossed it’s nothing to worry about (and I of course will worry anyway)
  • @pirateduck & @babylawyer I had spotting once at about 5.5 weeks. It was a day my husband and I had sex in the morning. The doc said it’s normal, just to watch out for bright red blood. I gather that if it’s not persistent, it’s not concerning. I totally get being freaked out. I was so worried I could hardly focus for days, and I was afraid to work out... looking forward to this Thursday when I have my first US. Hope you both have some peace with this.
  • @pirateduck, @craftywitch, and @theralbitts

I called my OB/GYN practice today (love, love, LOVE them--they have a line just for OB patients to ask pregnancy questions and they always pick up immediately and are so nice!). I described what I was experiencing in detail and she said it wasn't concerning/is normal for early weeks of pregnancy. She said that if I see brighter red, period-like bleeding to call immediately, but that what I was describing is fine. Phew! 

It's strange because I know I will be very sad if I lose this pregnancy, but it's also comforting to know that based on my age and health, the statistics are thankfully on my side, and I'm doing everything you're "supposed" to do to ensure a healthy pregnancy. Now there's just hoping and praying for the best!
    First baby due February 21, 2019
    Located in Columbia, SC
  • Luckily my symptoms so far are off and on as it's still very early. No appetite, diarrhea, dizzy spells, SUPER sore boobs, and my c/s scar aches. 
    I took the test because on Father's Day I took a bite of steak and immediately threw it up. Same thing happened with my oldest son.
  • @jennv0701  seriously, what's with the no appetite thing?  NOTHING ever sounds good to eat anymore.  I thought being pregnant I'd want to eat anything and everything.  I misjudged that big time.