August 2019 Moms
Options

GTKY: What do you miss most?

2»

Re: GTKY: What do you miss most?

• Options
    @heml yea it’s cool to have their birth year. We bought several cases as futures from Bordeaux for each kid. I should add we don’t really plan on giving them the wine per say - it’s more of an excuse to get them to spend some of their later birthdays with us so we can open them up together 😉

but even so young we are starting to teach them about wine - they love to smell it and DD is strating to pick out some characteristics. I’m basically hoping she’s the female Robert Parker in 20 years
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    I don't drink wine as I've said but I really like the idea of buying the year your child was born and opening them on birthdays.  Maybe I can do that with whiskey  :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    One more wine lover here! DH and I are already talking about wines to buy and cellar for the little guy. Nothing decided on yet, but we're really hoping 2019 is declared a vintage year for port.

On topic: other than wine and other alcohol, I really miss just being able to move around freely without everything making me feel ridiculous. This includes exercising the way I want to, getting off the couch in less than 20 seconds, walking up and down the stairs (we're in a four-floor townhouse) without feeling like I just did wind sprints, and rolling over in bed without it being a huge production.

I also definitely miss being able to drink as much coffee as I want. Who the heck decided it was a great idea to make pregnant women have a terrible time sleeping AND deprive them of caffeine?
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    Drinking. Getting up without having to grunt. Salted cold foam cold brews from Starbucks. 
  • Options
    Oh totally forgot to add— I miss my normal, healthy BM schedule!! 
  • Options
    Most of mine are pretty much standard...alcohol, non-well done meat, bending over. My other one is roller coasters. We live within driving distance of Cedar Point and try to go every year, but it is not happening this year.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Lotus_2008 I grew up going to cedar point every summer! Also within driving distance. I always say if you love roller coasters there is no where else to go. However, my body is no longer as forgiving of the motion so they aren’t for me in my mom years. My parents keep asking when we are going to take the kids though...
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    @olivemomma CP is the best! Your kiddos would love it! I can't wait till my LO is old enough to ride the kiddie rides. The plan is to bring along DH's mom (who hates coasters) so she can watch the LO so we ride some of the big coasters!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Life without heartburn. 😑 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    I, too, miss my dranks. But definitely not as much as my first pregnancy. I agree with finding N/A replacements that satisfy the "taste" - because it really is the taste I'm missing. With my first pregnancy, Crystal Light had some good options (mojito, margarita, etc.), but I've found that making/mixing my own works fine, too.

I do miss bodily autonomy: being able to take whatever medicine, whenever without a thousand Google searches if it's going to affect the baby; being able to enjoy a beverage if I want it; jump into a new exercise or nutrition regimen if I want to; etc. I don't find that my preggo or post-preggo body upset me much, it's just "different" and generally goes back to what it was before (which wasn't the best of shape to begin with lol). I just want "me" and "my body" back to do with as I please, whenever I please.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Options
    Rolling over in the middle of the night without having to pee... or just being able to roll over. 
  • Options
    hemlheml member
    When putting on and tying tennis shoes wasn’t a workout before I even get to the workout 
  • Options
    Definitely miss not having to wake up multiple times a night to pee. And I’m with you @MamaK225 I just want to pop a pill with no google searches lol 
  • Options
    @Lotus_2008 @olivemama Interesting.... I also grew up near cedar point. I have terrible motion sickness though and haven’t enjoyed roller coasters since I was in high school...  
  • Options
    Deep tissue massages. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    @peachy0709 - I've never had one, but I'm thinking after DD2 is born, it's going to be thrown in with pedicures as part of my "self-care" regimen. That sounds heavenly!
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)