October 2019 Moms

Re: UO & Confessions 4/26

• @galentine Was it you who had the dream about having an ultrasound of a puppy? Maybe you’re having a squirrel instead 🤣
  • Loading the player...
  • Confession: I get so annoyed by crafted sites on Facebook using fonts and images that they don't own and selling them as their own. They are all up in arms about supporting small businesses (yes, please support them!), yet they aren't supporting those artists who created the fonts, images, and sayings to begin with. What the what? I buy rights to the fonts I use on the products I sell - I admittedly don't sell very often - so that I can support the font creator along the way. I just feel like these people are stealing and plagiarizing and it bothers me so much.

P.S. I'm okay with people gifting things to others that they don't own rights to (within reason) because I feel that is more along the lines of personal use, which often seems to fall outside the same laws.
    DD 10/2019
  • jenferlee82jenferlee82 member
    edited April 2019
    idk if this is an UO or confession - but if you can't type more than a few sentences without using a million emjois, I can't take you seriously.

ETA: Spoiler for visual ease

• probably not an UO here, but it's something I have heard IRL no less than 5 times since we found we are team blue and it drives me crazy. 

so kid #1 is a girl, and now we are having a boy. I HATE when people respond to learning that by saying 'OMG now you will have the perfect family'. Umm what? So if this baby was a girl, my family would be imperfect?? so many eye rolls. 
    Ah yes the comment on the family size and/or sex drives me nuts too. I have two boys and ever since the day we told people (including my family members) it’s been “aw, trying for that girl” or “I’ll pray it’s a girl for you!” “you need a girl!!”. We’re not finding out either which is driving people crazy (another thing I think is weird ha). My cousin just went through the same thing and when she had a third boy she said people actually acted disappointed for her! 
  • This seems to be an UO whenever I tell anyone: I really hate SUVs, especially the really big ones. I think they are obnoxious and don't like driving them. Our next door neighbors just bought a brand new Suburban because "they need the space." They have ONE child and are going to try for one more. You need a damn bus to drive your one kid and her stuff around?? Idk why, but I just find it so annoying.
    team SUV. The bigger, the better. haha sorry. I downsized slightly for my current SUV (though still 3 rows) and I have car envy when I see huge Yukons and Tahoes cruising around. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @longhairdntcare I totally get it, I know I'm a weirdo. LOL. I will say, if I had to get one I would get a Tahoe. I don't like the size but man, those things are tricked out!
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    This seems to be an UO whenever I tell anyone: I really hate SUVs, especially the really big ones. I think they are obnoxious and don't like driving them. Our next door neighbors just bought a brand new Suburban because "they need the space." They have ONE child and are going to try for one more. You need a damn bus to drive your one kid and her stuff around?? Idk why, but I just find it so annoying.
    I hate them, too. We only have one because DH got it from his parents. We’ll be getting him a midsized sedan once my car is paid off 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • @jenferlee82 I agree. We may get a small SUV (like a RAV4) next to have a little more space for 2 kids. But I honestly feel like most people really don’t need a giant SUV for every day use (and for rare things like picking up furniture or going on a camping trip it would be way more cost effective to just rent a bigger car for that occasion). 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    jal88144 said:
    probably not an UO here, but it's something I have heard IRL no less than 5 times since we found we are team blue and it drives me crazy. 

so kid #1 is a girl, and now we are having a boy. I HATE when people respond to learning that by saying 'OMG now you will have the perfect family'. Umm what? So if this baby was a girl, my family would be imperfect?? so many eye rolls. 
    Ah yes the comment on the family size and/or sex drives me nuts too. I have two boys and ever since the day we told people (including my family members) it’s been “aw, trying for that girl” or “I’ll pray it’s a girl for you!” “you need a girl!!”. We’re not finding out either which is driving people crazy (another thing I think is weird ha). My cousin just went through the same thing and when she had a third boy she said people actually acted disappointed for her! 
    My grandmother literally said “I was praying it’s a girl!” Da fuq? Seriously?
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @galentine I really liked this chart from Enfamil. 
    https://www.enfamil.com/articles/baby-feeding-timeline

@cmbt2 What kind of sedan do you have and will you have 3 car seats in there as well? I have an Explorer and really want the Traverse because of the middle row captain seats. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • cmbt2 said:
    jal88144 said:
    probably not an UO here, but it's something I have heard IRL no less than 5 times since we found we are team blue and it drives me crazy. 

My grandmother literally said “I was praying it’s a girl!” Da fuq? Seriously?
    That’s my Mom right now! 
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @galentine I really liked this chart from Enfamil. 
    https://www.enfamil.com/articles/baby-feeding-timeline

@cmbt2 What kind of sedan do you have and will you have 3 car seats in there as well? I have an Explorer and really want the Traverse because of the middle row captain seats. 
    I drive a Ford Fusion. We’ll need to fit 3 in a row in both cars once this one comes- two forward facing, one rear. It’s really not that bad getting them in and out with 3 in a row. We’ve done it a few times when we’ve taken one of DS1’s friends home (which is how I know if a third car seat will or will not fit with our current ones lol). We’ll probably get H the Honda version of a midsized sedan when we finally get rid of the suv in 2 years
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @telicious2 girl! They make an Explorer w/captains seats in the middle! Our area dealerships may not have them in stock due to low demand, but they CAN get you one. And I know just the place to go if your interested 😘

That said, I have a Buick Enclave w/captians and I adore it.
  • oohhh @prpl11butterfly is the right person to ask about cars! 
    My DH wants a mini van (insert eye roll emoji or face plant emoji so you can see how I feel about them). BUT honestly, as long as it has captains chairs then I kind of don't care thaaaat much. Are than an mini van people out there?
  • @junebabyh Currently driving a hatchback, but when I one day need to upgrade for size, I'll probably go mini-van. We're tentatively planning for 3 kids and will be doing ~6-8 hour drives to family for probably the remainder of our lives, so that seems like the best option for us. I'd rather have a Honda Odyssey than a huge SUV with 3 rows.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @steminist I have been in some very nice mini vans! And the auto sliding doors is extremely appealing to me as we become a 3 kid family.
  • I don’t know if this is an UO or a confession or both, but the picture floating around the internet that shows the female muscular system or whatever and shows milk ducts freaks me the f out. I mean I know ~our bodies are beautiful~ and everything but 

• I don’t know if this is an UO or a confession or both, but the picture floating around the internet that shows the female muscular system or whatever and shows milk ducts freaks me the f out. I mean I know ~our bodies are beautiful~ and everything but 

????  I haven’t seen this yet.  I’m intrigued...   
  • @melanier26 I know several people who have had that reaction, but also, I don't feel like that's a body-shaming thought at all! Our bodies can do beautiful things, and we can appreciate the beauty present in all body types, without having to think all our internal organs and structures are attractive. That said I personally think they look a bit floral,or at least some sort of anemone or other floral-y aquatic creature. Pic in spoiler, for those who haven't seen it yet
    Image result for mammary glands muscle

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @melanier26 same. That photo is just weird and freaky. 

But I also felt the same about those “tree of life” BF-ing photos that were a thing a few years ago. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @junebabyh I’m team mini van, although reluctantly. The sliding doors are The biggest selling point for me. We travel enough that we want a lot of space so DH can take his fishing stuff and/or take it and camp out of the back of it. I’ve drive an itty bitty focus the past 10 years and my 4 year old is ready for room. Also cases where we’ll have all 4 kids for vacay is rare but not out of the question.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• probably not an UO here, but it's something I have heard IRL no less than 5 times since we found we are team blue and it drives me crazy. 

This makes me rage so hard. It’s even worse after two girls. The comments we received before we knew the sex of this baby (and now after 🙄) are the worst. No, I didn’t need a boy for us to be excited for a third baby. My girls are enough. They don’t become enough because we *finally* are having a boy. No we didn’t try for a boy because our second baby was a girl. Efffff offff.  Are we excited to also experience raising a boy? Of course! But this baby didn’t have to be a boy for us to feel excited.  🙄🙄🙄🙄
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• @melanier26 That breast anatomy photo is a false representation. That is from 160 years ago. It actually looks more like tree roots and can go all the way up to our arm pits. I can try to link the article if anyone wants to read it. 

@prpl11butterfly Is that the Explorer that has a console between the captain seats? My former supervisor had that one and I thought how that was silly. I want a unobstructed path lol. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • edited April 2019
    This is for sure part rant and part confession, and I may get a little mean... please don't think less of me.

(sorry in advance for the lengthiness)
    I work full-time and DH works Tu/Th/Fri from 7:30-12. For a while, we used DH's aunt as the caretaker for DS and it worked out pretty well (mainly because I worked down the street from where she lived so it was an easy pick-up). Then two years ago, I got a new job that I have a real commute to, so DH takes DS with him and she picks him up (it's a farther drive so I appreciate her help). My mom moved into my grandparents house almost a year ago and said she wanted to start watching her grandson more... so we arranged for aunt to have Tuesday, mom to have Thursday and my mom will pick up DS from preschool on Friday and hang onto him until DH gets off work like 30 minutes later. My mom's husband is in terrible health (because of his own doing - smoking, drinking, poor eating for his entire life) and had to be hospitalized about three weeks ago because his kidney function was so bad that he has to now start dialysis.

So for the past couple of weeks, she has been cancelling on us to watch DS at the very last minute. It really sucks because then I have to hope that DH's aunt or my MIL or SIL isn't busy and can watch him, otherwise DH has to call out of work/find a sub. I know she has to be there for her husband, but I don't feel sorry for him because, as I mentioned, he caused all of his own health issues from not taking care of himself and also he refuses to still take care of himself. Just really makes me question what we are going to do for childcare for DD. Thankfully, DS will go into kindergarten in late August, and I don't plan on going back to work until late January from maternity leave, but it still gives me some anxiety (among other things I worry about with my mom potentially watching a little baby).
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• cmbt2cmbt2 member
    ^i stand in this boat, too. If she can’t help like she said, she needs to tell you and back away from the schedule so you can make alternate arrangements
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~

Not that I'm dramatic or anything (and love the exterior female body)....but I had goosebumps for minutes and wanted to soap my eyes!!

@telicious2 TREE ROOTS?!?! I can't
  • @cmbt2 @kindbytealikat EXACTLY!! She didn't have him yesterday (but that was because I took him with me to Take Your Kid to Work Day). Then she couldn't get him today from school because she had to do something with her husband's dialysis. She can't come to his t-ball game tomorrow because his home health aide is coming (because the man refuses to do his physical therapy when the person is not there... another reason why his health is so poor). And now she cancelled this morning for next Thursday because of something else to do with his dialysis. 

I try not to make her feel too overly guilty about this, but when she called this morning, she "asked to switch" with DH's aunt... uh no. If she cannot be reliable going forward though, DH's aunt picked up hours at her job so there's no getting her back. DH would probably start to push that he needs to be a full time SAHD and while his income is small, it definitely helps.
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• @marbellie My breasts are super sore today and every time I feel it I think of that picture and want to wash my brain