October 2019 Moms
Options

All Group Check-In (Week of 4/22)

2ยป

Re: All Group Check-In (Week of 4/22)

• Options
    @ineedsixeggs I also like to buy Venus fly traps and can NEVER keep them alive... ๐Ÿ™ˆ

@melanier26 pre-pregnant bedtime was around 10-1030. ย Now Iโ€™m lucky if Iโ€™m up past 9.

@SLou24 oh I love lilacs too!! ย 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Cass005 Iโ€™m so sorry about the rough weekend and then the rough/cranky day on top of it!! Iโ€™ve had plenty of those mornings latelyโ€” it takes so much out of you. Hopefully you can get a tiny bit of downtime at work to relax for a few!ย 
  • Options
    @SLou24 Thanks! I did, and its so sad that being at work was my release haha
  • Options
    @melanier26 Add me to the list of people who go to bed early. A few weeks ago I was lucky if I made it to 8:30 but I have been managing to stretch to 9:30 - 10 PM is lately. I love my sleep!!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 16+ 3 / Oct 5

Baby is the size of a(n): Apple

FTM/STM/TTM+: STMย 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green at the momentย 

Upcoming Appointments: May 9 then the A/S shortly thereafterย 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Really good lately! I finally stopped taking Diclectin with no negative repercussions and I have more energy.ย 

Rants/Raves: I have to limit my liquid consumption or else Iโ€™ll be up multiple times in a night to pee which is no fun. My aversions to food are disappearing and my appetite has been improving.

Questions: I had one earlier and I now canโ€™t remember ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

GTKY: What is your favorite type of flower or plant? ย I have the opposite of a green thumb!
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Oct 12; 15 weeks 4 days! Itโ€™s going so fast!

Baby is the size of a(n): pear

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out! My friend does ultrasounds (not usually babies) and took a peak. She thinks itโ€™s a boy but said donโ€™t go out buying blue things just yet.

Upcoming Appointments: May 10th

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Tired but not too quesy anymore! I know some people have been discussing sleep. Iโ€™m usually in be at 830 and up at 515. I was up until 9 last night on the phone with the internet and my poor husband was getting all the sas.

Rants/Raves: I bet my friend is right and itโ€™s so hard to not go buy things! I had my heart set on a matching robe/swaddle set for the hospital (super girly), but I think Iโ€™m just going to get the one I wanted for me and buy a matching light blue one for babe. I just want to buy it already!

Questions:

GTKY: What is your favorite type of flower or plant? I like hydrangeas! I think only 2 of our 3 are coming back this year!

I think this is the thread someone was talking about naming. (I read often, but donโ€™t always get around to posting right away) I think we will probably go in with a few names then finalize it at the hospital. Weโ€™ve started talking about it here and there, but nothing super serious. We downloaded the app thatโ€™s like tinder for baby names. That was fun for an afternoon, but I donโ€™t think my husband has looked at it since!
  • Options
    I think we will probably go in with a few names then finalize it at the hospital.
    With DS we had it narrowed down to 2 names when we went into the hospital, Ethan and Elijah. I preferred Ethan and was pretty sure weโ€™d go with that, but then when he was born he looked like an Elijah to us.ย 

We have a girlโ€™s name weโ€™ve loved for years but even if babe is a girl Iโ€™d like to have another one picked out because of that reason. Thatโ€™s just us though ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธย 
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @obsessedwithoranges whenever you feel like it. I personally like to have the nursery set up by the time I hit 35w, but I also donโ€™t keep them in our room for more than a couple
    weeks (and our bedtime routine starts right away and is done in their room to get them used to the space).

and agreed,
    I donโ€™t think itโ€™s too early toย start thinking about birth plans. I will warn against any dedicated or formal plans, mainly because it so rarely goes exactly as planned, and I know so many women that struggled to accept the way the births went because they were adamant about sticking to the plan.ย 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~ ย ~~~ ย ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, Itโ€™s a Girl!
    ~~~ ย ~~~ ย ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14): ย Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options
    I agree with @cmbt2. My advice would be to learn about all options so you are educated about whatโ€™s happening if the labor/birth doesnโ€™t go as planned. Thereโ€™s nothing wrong with having a plan or preferences, but be open minded because you never know what may happen. And no birth is a โ€œfailureโ€!ย 
  • Options
    @junebabyh yikes on the bleeding scare! ย I hope everything is okay! ย Sending you lots of good thoughts!! ย 
  • Options
    @junebabyh Fingers crossed for you that everything is okay and you donโ€™t have any more bleeding
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    @steminist @cmbt2 @greenbean-2 @melanier26 thank you for the thoughtful responses! Really helpful and good things to consider.

@junebabyh so scary! hopefully it was just a weird one time thing! another thought - do you have a low lying placenta? I currently do and apparently that can cause bleeding in the second trimester. Most placentas do move up as the pregnancy progresses, so not necessarily anything to be concerned about.ย 
  • Options
    @junebabyh What a scary thing to go through! Fingers crossed for you that you donโ€™t have to deal with it ever again!!
  • Options
    @junebabyh Iโ€™m so sorry about the bleeding. So scary! Glad you called your Dr and hopefully it doesnโ€™t come back.
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 -ย 

ย  ย  ย BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

ย  ย  ย CP July '17

ย  ย  ย Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

ย  ย  ย CP June '18

ย  ย  ย BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• Options
    Thanks everyone! @obsessedwithoranges How do I know if I have a low lying placenta? I had an u/s at 12w and they didnโ€™t mention it.ย 
  • Options
    @obsessedwithoranges, I'm so glad you are feeling more confident now and going to be joining in more! โค I understand the PGAL hesitation to do things like plan a nursery, but keep in mind that hope and planning do not tempt fate. I'd say you can hold off as on everything as long as you are comfortable. But if you are having a baby shower, I'd recommend having your registry completed before the invites go outย  I know people who buy a gift immediately when they receive a shower invitation!

@junebabyh, I'm so sorry for the bleeding scare! I hope you are able to take it easy the next few days โค
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    junebabyh said:
    Thanks everyone! @obsessedwithoranges How do I know if I have a low lying placenta? I had an u/s at 12w and they didnโ€™t mention it.ย 
    They check at your A/S. A low lying placenta is less than 2โ€ from the cervical opening.ย 

If itโ€™s the case, theyโ€™ll check again after a few months to make sure it moves away as the uterus grows. I had one with DS1.ย 
    ~~~ ย ~~~ ย ~~~
    ~~~ ย ~~~ ย ~~~
  • Options
    As for names, with DD1 SO and I went to the hospital with a list but not a favorite. And once she was born it took us two days to decide. With DD2 we had a favorite all set pretty much by month 8.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

ย 
  • Options
    Revising my questions: What do you do about the seat belt if anything? I didn't drive during my first pregnancy but I'm curious how it will affect my belly.
  • Options
    @Cass005 Nothing. The waistband sits below the belly for the most part, so not really anything to change. The shoulder strap does get a little pushed up around the top of he belly in late pregnancy, but not enough to alter where it passes over your chest. Depending on how you like to sit in your car, though, you might need to adjust your seat position or push your steering column up or back!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    steminist said:
    @Cass005 Nothing. The waistband sits below the belly for the most part, so not really anything to change. The shoulder strap does get a little pushed up around the top of he belly in late pregnancy, but not enough to alter where it passes over your chest. Depending on how you like to sit in your car, though, you might need to adjust your seat position or push your steering column up or back!
    This. You place the lower strap below your belly when applicable (depends on how you carry and how you sit in the car)
    ~~~ ย ~~~ ย ~~~
    ~~~ ย ~~~ ย ~~~
  • Options
    @grapeskittles4lyfe your terrace sounds dreamy!! ย Iโ€™d love to come over and eat sandwiches with you under your lilacs!! ย ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • Options
    @junebabyh yes, they check at your ultrasound. I'm high risk so have more frequent u/s with my MFM - so he could see it at 13.5 weeks. but he was not concerned as most do move.

@cmbt2 did your placenta end up moving?ย 

@galentine thank you! DH also reminds me that hoping and wanting this so much isn't going to a cause a m/c, but I think until I pass my loss milestone I'll just be on the edge. 2 more weeks!ย 
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @obsessedwithoranges yes, and I didnโ€™t get placed on any form of rest, either. They said 90% of placentas will be pulled away by 3rd tri
    ~~~ ย ~~~ ย ~~~
    ~~~ ย ~~~ ย ~~~
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:ย  October 18th and I'm 15 weeks and 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n): naval orange ๐Ÿ˜

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM but second pregnancyย 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: team blue :)ย 

Upcoming Appointments: this week I have my doctor's apt and a meeting with genetics counselor

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I have no symptoms or cravings :(

Rants/Raves: nothing reallyย ย 

Questions: no questions right nowย 

GTKY: What is your favorite type of flower or plant?ย  Rosesย