December 2019 Moms

QUESTION Thread

Re: QUESTION Thread

• Idk if this is the right thread and I’m sorry if it’s gross to some of you but I have to ask....has anyone discharge been a bit off-White or more of a yellowish cream color? I just went pee and when I wiped I completely freaked out bc it was a very off white light tan color. No smell or pain with it so I don’t think infection but I just need some reassurance that this is normal??? 
  • @ktmaesim after having some spotting a few weeks ago I googled ALL the discharge articles I could find on the internet and there was one that had a sort of spectrum of colours. In the normal range it was clear/white/off white/ to tan. I think even some of what I thought was really light brown was actually just off-white.

When in doubt get it checked out - have you been tested for a UTI or had a pap recently?
  • Loading the player...
  • @ktmaesim I have had light yellowish to off white discharge for weeks now- I think it's in the standard of normal for leukorrhea, a normal discharge in pregnancy. I wear panty liners just because it makes me feel more clean and comfortable...just FYI it just gets worse the farther along you get! 
  • Third baby 15 weeks think ive been feeling some movement, anyone else? 
  • @Spartanrd4 @jandawg  Thank you ladies, that makes me feel more relaxed. I also think it could be my cervix just being sensitive because we did have sex last night.. I just read this online
  • CapricaAndreaCapricaAndrea member
    edited June 2019
    Any moms out there still have a Rock N Play? We swore by ours for baby #1, but with the recall, I'm obviously not going to use it for overnight sleep anymore. It was so useful during the daytime though that I'm still considering using it for naps and just for containing baby, because it's so easy to move around the house to whatever room I'm in. I don't really see it as anything worse than a baby in a swing, just more portable. Especially if I'm still watching the whole time. And technically Health Canada has only advised for it not to be used for sleeping. Anyone else considering it or have thoughts the other way? 
  • @boymom3ohio I am only 12 weeks this time, but I started feeling my first at 15 weeks, plus a few days.

• @CapricaAndrea I personally wont use mine. A lot of the reports were talking about babies dying while sleeping and rolling over, but there were several others that discussed the other issue which is asphyxiation. That can happen just by baby lounging in the RNP. I'm super bummed, I used it regularly with my 2nd child, but after reading about the details in the recall aside from the sleep issues, I think the cons outweigh the pros. I'm sticking to our Mamaroo for lounging and a flat bassinet for sleeping. 

I don't know if there's a store in Canada that will do this but down here, Target is refunding us for the RNP regardless of the age or proof of purchase. And FisherPrice is refunding some money too if you go that route. May be worth it to apply the refund towards a different item.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3

• @nsquaredlife13
    Fisher-Price in Canada is not offering any sort of refund since Health Canada is still saying that the RnP is fine for use as a seat or play area. As far as I know, there aren't any stores offering anything either. 
  • @boymom3ohio 13 weeks, 3 days here, and this might sound crazy, but I SWEAR I felt something last week while dozing off--like the tiniest of twitches. It very well could've been an abdominal muscle twitch, but it didn't feel like what I would think that would feel like...I've felt it a couple more times since. I don't know. Maybe? Totally possible.
  • @CapricaAndrea oh that's so interesting!! I have nothing to help then...  :D I loved using mine with my daughter, but with the US recall I'm just crossing it off the list. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3

• @boymom3ohio I’ll be 15w in Thursday and I swear this week I’ve started feeling something down there. Not punches or kicks but what I think is the baby rolling over? I could be totally crazy though.
  • I’ve been having a not fun experience lately- in the morning, I get kind of congested and sneezy sometimes.  The bad part- if I sneeze while I’m laying out flat on my back, it feels like a groin pull or ab pull!  It hurts so bad!  If I curl up, no big deal.  Stretching ab muscles- not comfy!
  • I'm a new mom. A rock and play is a specific brand right? This is not a generic name for a baby rocker? Are other baby rockers safe?
  • nerdmom0013nerdmom0013 member
    edited June 2019
    @bookworm492, yes it is a Fisher Price product that was recalled.  Other rockers that are still on the market are ok.
  • @bookworm982 @nerdmom0013 eeehhhhh, sorta. There are other similar products that haven't been recalled yet but are strongly predicted to be on their way out. Basically anything that doesn't conform to the AAP Safe Sleep recommendations shouldn't be used for sleeping in, especially overnight/unsupervised (*though there are strong cases for bed-sharing being safe under the right circumstances, if it's planned for ahead of time).

Essentially the guidelines say that baby should be sleeping flat, on their backs, on a firm surface, with no loose bedding/toys/etc that they could become tangled in or suffocate on. The RnP (and many other rockers) has soft fabric sides that when babies would roll a bit would end up not being able to breathe. The main problem is that it was specifically marketed as "safe for overnight sleep" which it definitely shouldn't have been. For daytime play it's fine, as are other similar products. 

As far as the recommendations for swings or carseats, basically they are both ok for baby to fall asleep in as long as it's only for short periods of time, and they are supervised. The positioning of a baby being semi-upright in them can restrict their airways (especially if it's a carseat that's not currently in a car, since the angle of the floor is different than the angle of the seat in the car). So it's not necessary to wake them up if they fall asleep for a nap in one of them, but they should not be left in them overnight or unattended.   
  • @CapricaAndrea I'm specifically looking for a product that can hold baby while I'm doing other things during the day,  in the same room.  So I think it'll be ok to get a swing based on your post. 
  • @bookworm982  have you looked at the mommaroo from 4moms? just a thought! my sister works for them and highly recommends this! it does all sorts of stuff! 
  • @ktmaesim, I think that's what we're planning to buy.
  • @nerdmom0013  I think they are pretty neat, they do so many different settings like "car ride" or "rock a bye" , then it also has noises, and can fit newborns, it reclines and then sits up, can't wait to try it out !  
  • That product does look interesting,  it's more than we can afford but perhaps someone will want to get the baby a gift in that price range. 

• @boymom3ohio  omg that is amazing!!!! 
  • Has anyone noticed any swelling yet?  After walking outside in moderate heat today, I noticed that my ankles were slightly swollen.  I didn't expect that to happen til later on, so of course I find myself a bit concerned about it, because I am neurotic. 🙄
  • I haven’t noticed a ton of swelling yet, but I’m starting to worry that I might have a condition called cholestasis due to severe itching, almost all on my legs at the moment.  Has anybody ever had this before?  I’m reading a little bit about it being an issue with bile not processing correctly through the liver.  This could be a very real possibility for me, as I was on an anti seizure medicine for years that can cause damage to, you guessed it, your liver.  Anybody know anything about this?  I’m going in for an appointment this coming week, so I’ll probably ask to be tested if it’s still bugging me.  Thanks for any help!
  • @blueskychicago12 my hands are swelling if I’ve been out in the heat. My blood pressure has been fine so I’m chalking it up to fluid retention. Which is  probably not good either lol 
  • @blueskychicago12 I have been having swelling in my hands too, that I also assume is fluid retention.  I never had swelling with my other two, so it caught me off guard.

@cpk3535 I am sorry for the itching, and hope it is not anything to do with your liver.  When I was pregnant with my dd I remember having ridiculously itchy legs for a few days in the early 2nd trimester.  It was nothing, but it was miserable. 
  • @holly321  @cpk3535  I don't have itchy legs but super itchy feet, esp at night! it is so strange to me!
  • @ktmaesim I would mention that to your dr, they say the itching being worse at night is a sign too.

@cpk3535 my legs get super itchy when I am outside in the heat walking. Not sure why but it happens every summer. I would still mention the itching to you dr. Better to be safe. 
  • @ktmaesim yes, mine is worse at night, too! I’m going to mention it to the doctor this week and see what they say.  Better to get tested, from what I’ve read our liver issues might be cause for the baby to be more monitored and possibly be induced a few weeks early.  I hope that’s not it, but better safe than sorry 😐 
  • Omg I am I am officially at 13 weeks today and I almost vomited into my kitchen sink this morning! Baby, we did not come this far to regress! Ugh I’m hoping this sudden nausea goes away soon, Ive read that it should.
    Anyone else get better for a few weeks then start feeling shitty again? 
  • @ktmaesim I puked in my desk trashcan Friday. The nausea seems mostly gone, I’m 14w Tuesday. But randomly with like no warning reared it’s head. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Damn triscuits. 
  • @ktmaesim @anniemarie887 I hit 16 weeks yesterday, and I noticed starting to feel genuinely better around 14.5 weeks, but I’m still slipping into moments of feeling sick here and there.  I would equate it too a bad carsick feeling mostly, but much better than before!  
  • @ktmaesim after almost 4 weeks of feeling great (I’m 15w today) I felt so nauseous last night I couldn’t sleep. And my solution was...a bagel at 1am. It worked! But I was literally about to post to this board with your same question!!
  • @ktmaesim I'm still getting sick at 12 weeks on diclegis. I was actually on it until 22 weeks with DS because it was that bad. Granted with him I didn't have as much throwing up on the medicine so I'm thinking I need to up it this time. 
  • bookworm492bookworm492 member
    edited June 2019
    I've had a few instances of a slightly upset stomach back around 6-7 weeks,  but never to the point of vomiting. Despite that I'm not gaining any weight. I'm already slightly overweight by BMI standards so I'm not worrying at this point,  but it just seems weird at 14 weeks.   All my clothes still fit, though some are a bit snug (but they were before pregnancy anyways!). I can feel my lower stomach is rounder than usual,  a firm roundness, but you certainly can't tell by looking at me. Has anyone else had a hard time gaining weight? I feel like I'm still eating sufficiently, I'm certainly not starving myself. I'm hoping it's too early to really be a concern. 
  • @bookworm982  I've stayed right at 146lbs (BMI standards say I'm overweight, which I think it's bullsh*t, it has seriously said this since I was a gymnast in highschool!) for this entire pregnancy so far. I'm pretty shocked because I usually gain weight ANY other time I eat whatever I want, like I have been. I don't see anything wrong with you staying pretty stationary for now. I'm assuming all these big noticeable changes will all start to pop out at once for me, maybe the same for you!
  • @ktmaesim yes I'm a weightlifter and even though I'm not like great at it any more I'm guessing I have more muscle mass than other women,  though I still have excess body fat on top of that.  I too gain weight super easily so that's why I'm taken aback by this! 
  • I'm 15.5 weeks and I threw up yesterday; only the 3rd time so far that I have vomited during this pregnancy.  I was riding with my husband on the highway and he couldn't get over in time, so I threw up all over his car and myself.  It was a real low point!
  • @blueskychicago12 that sounds awful! I'm so sorry :(