Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Chart Stalk / Questions - March

13»

Re: Chart Stalk / Questions - March

• Options
    @keikilove This is a more general answer: I remember from referring to this book a lot (when I was trying to cut coffee out of my diet 10+ years ago so bear w/ me) that are a lot of rules w/ supplements like that re: absorption--& I feel like if you go too deep in that rabbit hole it's basically like you can never eat anything or take any supplements bc then everything cancels each other out. Or at least that's how it made me feel ^_^* Anyway, my advice would be to see if a library has that book or see if you can browse one at B&N or something to give you a good idea. I trust that book more than I trust the 12 wildly different things the internet will likely tell you--I wouldn't necessarily recommend you *buy* it because I don't think it's set up in a way that is helpful specifically to TTC, it would be more like a small part of it would be helpful? (Well, unless you really like the book and want it in yr house for other reasons!) I was waiting to suggest this bc I was hoping someone else might chime in and answer for ya--this is all I got!
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for your replies--super helpful! 

@m6agua I did not know that about Vit D so I really appreciate your detaiIed response.  Good to know I've been doing it right with the dairy at least. :-)

@kagesstarshroom I will definitely check out your book rec. I totally get that I could make all of it an impossibility if I plan to supplement and actually eat, haha. 

@kiki047 I also didn't know that about the calcium so thanks. And that is some schedule of supplements you are on!  Fingers crossed it all works, and soon.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    General *TW* for loss related question

when should I start charting again? I use FF and selected MC for the day of my D&E. Not sure if that’s an acurate way of capturing it. I also counted the next few days as my AF bc of bleeding. Do I just chill until my next AF bc I prob won’t ovulate anyway?  
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    **TW for loss as well**
    @chichiphin I've been giving FF feedback on how it handles loss in terms of the calendar/chart whenever they send me those "what do you think?" emails bc I think they could do a bit better. I did the same thing for my d&c cycle where I marked the day of the procedure as "miscarriage" in symptoms--though technically, the chart's outcome is the "kind" of chart it is--and marked the bleeding as I would AF. If you have a weird cycle, once it's over you can discount it from the lifetime stats in FF, but there's no way to mark it as an irregular cycle until it's done. I started charting that cycle bc I don't have too much data on like my O date/luteal phase bc of all the winging I was doing before. I think it goes either way--some ppl are comforted by the charting and it stresses others out. It was definitely comforting to me. Have you looked at the chart gallery on FF? That helped me to see a lot of different outcomes for my D&C cycle, as not all were anovulatory. I am not sure if they have a D&E cycle option, but if so, I would check those out?
  • Options
    ruby696ruby696 member
    edited March 2019
    @chichiphin Not much to add to what @kagesstarshroom said, just wanted to let you know I did exactly what you did in FF. I do chart after a loss because I like data. 🙂

Eta: autocorrect 
  • Options
    Thank you @kagesstarshroom @ruby696

charting is def a way for me to be “in control” right now, so I’ll stick with what I’m doing
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    @chichiphin, I also don't have much to add; I charted my losses the same way you are approaching it.  What I did want to add is that I did ovulate like clockwork after both losses, which surprised me--especially that it could go back to a normal cycle right away after a late loss.  So, depending on what your body decides to do, you may be surprised by the charting, and you will probably appreciate the data it yields.
  • Options
    @keikilove that’s great to know about your ovulation. I kept searching for input on O after a later loss and it was hard to find. I’ll just hope my first real AF gets here sooner than later so I can temp + OPK again. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    @chichiphin I'm sorry for your loss. +1, I also ovulated like normal after my mc. FF never could confirm it since I had a fever just before, but I could tell in hindsight based on cm and when my period came.

Also in order to actually get your next AF you would have to ovulate first. Ovulation/the egg not implanting is what triggers a period not the other way around. Of course there are exceptions but generally those don't involve a technical period but are withdrawl bleeds.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    edited March 2019
    On a "normal" cycle for you, do you typically ovulate on the same cycle day or does it vary and if so, by ~how many days?

ETA: typo fixin'
  • Options
    @kagesstarshro, I don’t usually ovulate on the same day, but my cycles are usually the same for a bit then change.  Meaning, I will have a couple 26 day cycles then they will be 28 for awhile.  I had been ovulating on cd 11 for a few cycles, but last cycle was 13 and now it is cd 14 and I am about to ovulate.  
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom I usually have the same amount of cycle days give or take a few days but my O date keeps changing. It used to be like CD18... then CD17 and now it’s like CD14 or 15. I think because of the new supplements I’m taking?
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom I mostly ovulated around the same time, CD17 and with a LP of 10 to 12 days.

Me: 26 DH: 28
    Married 2016
    TTC #1 2018-03
    Dx: unexplained
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom I used to be pretty irregular. My last four ovulation days have been CD 18, 19, 20, 20. It has varied from 15-24.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @holly321@nytino24 @littlesheep123 @brookert615 Thank you! I felt like it was probable that it could change--but I was so used to FF predicting the same day that I was having trouble "believing" it could be different this time, so I needed some reassurance. Thanks again! It's April now! Happy April!