July 2019 Moms

Re: Randoms w/o 2/25

• Anyone have any belly support bands that they like? (not bands for wearing pre-preg pants like the bellaband)

My RLP really ramped up while I slept last night and I need to sort something out. Most structured ones seem too bulky and I'm honestly not going to wear anything over my clothes. So far the Bao Bei looks good but it's kind of expensive. 
  • DH brought home a pretty epic head cold/URI from work. He works at a children's hospital, so I basically expect to get sick 1-3x/year, but I JUST got rid of the funky taste in my mouth and kicked the nausea for good (by switching PNV brands, go figure) and now I get the mucus-y one that comes with a URI.

Between that and the pelvic rest I got put on at the AS on Friday due to a case of placenta previa (albeit one the MFM doc thinks will resolve w/o intervention) that coincided with me getting the 2nd tri libido bump, even on a scale of hormonal pregnant lady, I am NOT the one you want to mess with this week...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    indulgentgypsyfoodislovejenniferjoy37
  • Loading the player...
  • Finally feeling better after having the flu for the last week. I'm really hoping we are done with illnesses until well after this LO is born. 
    jenniferjoy37
  • @key33 I'm glad you are feeling better! The flu is going around DS' little preschool right now and I'm hoping that neither he or I get it. 
  • @Mamanbebe - This cold & flu season has been horrible! It seems like everyone I know had had Influenza A at some point this year!  My 4yo had a 103-105 degree temp for 4 days earlier last week but was negative for the flu. My husband got diagnosed with pneumonia the end of last week (I think he was the one with the flu but pushed through it and ended up even worse). Somehow, my 6-year-old survived the week unharmed. It was a very long mid-winter break for all of us that's for sure. 

I hope you guys don't get it!
  • @strickland8052 that sounds like something I’d do! 😂 No words to talk you off that puppy dog ledge. 
    pizzaplz
  • @mamanbebe I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but I didn't find this belt too bulky last time around. I was able to get my maternity pants OVER it for the most part, so it didn't show too much under my clothes.

I have a meeting with my boss' boss' boss in 30 minutes. Apparently I'm getting the raise I asked for, but no where close to the amount I was hoping to be given; my counterparts at other institutions make 15-30k more than me despite me doing the exact same work. And we're the biggest of the institutions in a much higher COL area, I'm a little bitter. But because it's a raise and not an offer I can negotiate, I have to look grateful and pray I have enough accomplishments to my name to negotiate when my contract comes up in January. 
    mamanbebeblackhottamales
  • @strickland8052 - If it's meant to be its meant to be. We have 2 dogs and 2 kids with a 3rd on the way so, I have no words to talk you off a ledge. 🤷‍♀️🏻 Our second dog was spontaneous, I saw her fell in love and the rescue had no issues handing her over (we had adopted our other dog just a year before, lol).
    greeneyedgirl12strickland8052
  • 4 dogs, 3 4w old puppies, 2cats, and I'm just waiting for spring to get goats and chickens and maybe meat rabbits.
    strickland8052cindlerCbeanz
  • edited February 2019
    @strickland8052 I was supposedly cut off at two dogs. We have three. Sometimes it’s meant to be... in my/our case, it was an abuse case puppy being the first thing you see on Facebook in the morning after having really awful dreams... this is the photo that did me in.

See next post for her now...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @greeneyedgirl12 she's adorable !
    @strickland8052 we have 2 dogs and 2 cats, get her! 

strickland8052
  • I'm going to make a rug for the crib area. Which fabric do you guys like? The top is the softest, then the middle, then the bottom. 

Room info:
    Light oak floors, like natural wood color
    Light grey walls (like the middle one) 
    White crib.

indulgentgypsyCbeanz
  • Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @asupernovablizzardstorm My vote is middle. And I hope the pups all get along! Having 2 dogs is awesome! 
  • @supernovablizzardstorm 2 or 3
    @nopegoat that would make my heart happy too. My boys know I won't even turn the car on until everyone is buckled up. 
    nopegoatjenniferjoy37
  • @indulgentgypsy yes!! I wish they would do it every day. I've seen some scary stuff leaving the school parking lot. Preschoolers and Kindergarteners bouncing around some even in the front seat. It scares the shit out of me. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat Way to go police officer! I am a stickler about seat belts. I won’t move the car until everyone is buckled in, and that goes for my 20-30 something friends... it’s an easy thing to do to help keep people safe, I don’t understand why people still choose not to use them. 
    nopegoatindulgentgypsyacgx
  • @jenniferjoy37 same on the grown friends too. I've been in an accident where the seat belt saved my life, I refuse to fuck around about them.
    nopegoatjenniferjoy37acgx
  • My kids are both still in 5 point harnesses and my oldest just turned 6. Not Messing around with them and the possibility of what could happen. 
    jenniferjoy37nopegoat
  • Another for buckle up or gtfo of my car. Drove my friends crazy in college, but eff that - my car, my rules. I love you all too much to let you be stupid. Sorry, not sorry.
    nopegoatjenniferjoy37
  • @key33 we just moved my 8yr old from a 6pt harness to a HBB. I don't play either! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • My husband never wears a seatbelt. It drives me crazy, but no amount of complaining can make him do it. He also drives a soft top Jeep... He's one of those guys who thinks nothing bad will ever happen to him...he may be right, but he may not?? Seems like too big of a risk to me. 
  • @Bear14+ I pray nothing ever happens to him! How in the world does he think nothing bad will ever happen? He may be a good driver,but other people are terrible and it may not be his fault, but he may die for it... 
  • I flew home today and halfway through the flight HALF MY FACE WENT NUMB!!! It was terrifying. I spent 30 minutes trying not to go ballistic and when we started descending, it got better. Internet says it was probably excess pressure from the head cold I picked up that put pressure on a facial nerve. Scariest flight ever!
  • @Bear14+ YIKES. I'd be tempted to put my foot down when kids got old enough to realize he wasn't following the rules. I can hear little voices saying "Why do I have to wear it when dad doesn't??"  :/
  • @cindler 😮 I would have freaked out!
    cindler
  • @cindler That would’ve been super scary for me too. Are you going to call your OB just as a precaution? 
    cindler
  • I’m in LA and I kind of like it here. But staying up this late is not easy. It’s not even 8 here and I want to go to bed. 
  • @Happyin14 whatcha doing in LA? I always like traveling west because I'm such a night owl. But there's no shame in going to bed at 8!
  • Wondering why there isn't a November 19 board yet...
  • @Cbeanz, out here for work. Producing a thing. And now, heading to bed... 9:30, not too shabby.
  • We were purposely without internet or phone access Friday-Sunday and I’m just now getting caught up on things. Being off the grid was nice, but I hate coming back to reality and we’ll go behind on things. 

I also hate hate how often the mobile app logs me out. 
    Cbeanz
  • @cindler oh shit! I'd give your Dr a call just to verify that it isn't something that needs to be monitored in the future. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
    cindler
  • @wineandcoffee I'm intrigued. Why did you go off the grid and how often do you purposely do this?