October 2019 Moms
Options

Announcements

Re: Announcements

• Options
    @galentine aw I’m so glad you had that experience with DH’s grandma. Mine died of Alzheimer’s 10 years ago and I often think of the things she’s missed and I wish she were here for. Especially my kids ❤️
  • Options
    @galentine what a sweet story about your husbands grandmother!  Thanks for sharing that.  My grandmother has Alzheimer’s and I think now I’ll try to make telling her a little more personal.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @marbellie, where you at, girl?! I demand an update on how your announcements went!!
  • Options
    @grapeskittles4lyfe, oh my goodness, that story is hilarious. I'm sure you were disappointed at the time, but I imagine the video is pretty funny!
  • Options
    @grapeskittles4lyfe 😂 that’s awesome!!  
  • Options
    @grapeskittles4lyfe that is just priceless! At least there's a fantastic story to go with the funny pictures/video.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • Options
    So cute @jenferlee82!!!  And congratulations on going public!!  ❤️
  • Options
    @jenferlee82, so cute! I love it!
  • Options
    Adorable @jenferlee82!
         BabyGaga
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly how exciting that you’re going “FB official”!!  I wish I could give you some better advice to help soften the blow but sometimes there just isn’t an easy way.  What is helpful for some might not be for others.  You’ve been there so you know.  ❤️ 
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly You could say something like, "We've been searching for so long, and we've finally found what we were looking for. There will be a new peep in town October 2019."

You can obviously change that around - I just came up with it - but hopefully it gets your creative juices flowing! 😊
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    V cute announcement to your bro. Love that. As for public announcement wording and hoping to be transparent, but not TMI... Maybe a simple "getting to this point hasn't been easy, but we're excited to announce.... " You could go further to include something like "If any friends reading this need someone to vent their struggles to, I've been there and I'm here for you." Maybe that last part is too much? Just throwing out ideas.
  • Options
    SamiMarie88SamiMarie88 member
    edited March 2019
    Mainly its just my dad that doesnt know. Reasoning he wont be here til basically Easter so he'll find out then. Everyone else is sworen to secrecy. Im horrible with secrets especially exciting ones. Im be 15 weeks 2 days when i tell my dad.
    Way he will find out is a shirt that says "promoted to papa est 2019" on it. 
    Social media and the rest of the family we dont see much will find out after dad knows (posting to
    fb and such the evening of easter). Will post the announcement pictures when we take the pictures

Update: no heartbeat at 12 weeks. So when dad gets home ill break it to him that i was pregnant but miscarried. Just in case someone else slips and says something. We dont get the hold on what reaction. He'll probably cry right along with me when i tell him. 

• Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    Bumping
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options
    I keep trying to get outside to take a pic of DD1 with this cute big sister sign but the weekends have been rainy!! Hopefully I'll be able to this evening! Can't wait to share it.
  • Options
    I do photography on the side and for Easter pictures I'm going set the kids up with a basket of eggs and the ultrasound photo for the baby and a chalk board that says the due date and something cute. I got the baskets I just gotta get the eggs and a really nice day (I had one Monday I should have done it all then 😭) and then I'm gonna put it on Facebook cause all the immediate family except his 2 sisters knows. And I'm sure they actually know we just haven't told them ourselves. 

• Options
    @novicemama that came really fantastic and adorable! He's very talented!
         BabyGaga
  • Options
    jcbh2018 said:
    Well, a majority of our family and very close friends already knew. Today we decided to make it FB official. With it being “national siblings day”. We made sure that Elliott is going to be a big brother. Here is the photo I posted.
    Even though we found out the gender through the genetic testing, I still want to hold off on telling people that we’re expe a girl. I know that test is SUPER accurate, I’m just afraid of that 00.1% chance it’s wrong.. should I even feel that way? Lol 😂 
    I was gonna get me and me daughter matching rainbow vans and my son and fiance matching converse (not sure the color yet😂) for our yearly family pictures and a pair for the new baby. Also getting a pair in a mint green(that's the color we're doing for the baby) 

• Options
    @novicemama I love that! So fun and unique!
  • Options
    @novicemama hey I didn’t imagine it! It’s so cute, he did a great job! I’ll be sure to post mine once it’s finished
  • Options
    Ooo! I love that, @stargazer102519! That's actually a pretty good idea for me announcing to DH's family this Sunday. THANK YOU so much for posting this!
    DD 10/2019