April 2019 Moms
Options

Randoms w/o 2/18

Re: Randoms w/o 2/18

• Options
    @mighty_montgomery I love your idea. If I tried to cut out FB right after the birth of our LO, I'm pretty sure my extended family in TN and GA would kill me. They hang on every bump picture and baby-related update. lol. 

@kyashley1227 Congrats again! It's so good to hear you're both doing well. 
    Me: 36, H: 37 | Married: 10/15/16 | DS#1: 7/18/04 | DS#2: 4/18/19
    BFP: 1/26/20 | EDD: 9/20/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @stefanielyn1991 I’m so sorry.  That’s awful news!  Prayers for the best possible outcome.

@kyashley1227 glad to hear you and Noah are doing well!

Is anyone else annoyed that they haven’t figured out an easier way to collect a urine sample from pregnant women?!  I can’t for the life of me do it without somehow peeing on my hand.  I know it’s my own urine but so gross!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel like I missed a lot today while I was prepping for a presentation thing. 

thanks for the sympathy on the leak y’all. Looks like we can at least stay in our bedroom for now, although still no using the master bath shower for awhile. Insurance and inspector will come out Monday to assess if there’s any real damage, but tentatively looks like we might have caught it quickly enough that it will dry out fine? Fingers crossed. 

+1 for working to my due date (and after). But I’m teaching online this semester and only have to be in my office a couple days a week. So it’s not THAT bad, all things considered. And I don’t go in at all after baby is born. 

@mrstmoose sensory bins! I did one this weekend where I just used my mixer to whip up a ton of dish soap, a few drops of food coloring, plus a little water into “foam” then let my kid play with it. You just need plenty of towels out on the floor, and some cups / bowls/ scoops. You could also do old rice or beans with toys and scoops. 

@kyashley1227 so glad you guys are doing so well! 
  • Options
    I feel like I get so far behind on the fandoms thread that I can’t keep up. @kosmo86 I’m waking constantly at night too. Just all night. I don’t remember it being this bad with DD, though it could also be the GD. I don’t know. @professormama that would really upset me too. Hoping there’s no damage in your bedroom!
    @mrstmoose we are expecting MORE snow too. I’m so over it. Bubbles, books, and play dough are good entertainment for my DD. She doesn’t play well by hereself either. It’s tiring. She usually only watches tv once a week, but it’s been more often lately between the weather and me being totally exhausted. 

I worked up to the Thursday before DD was born on a Sunday. Was in early labor that Thursday though I didn’t know it yet. I’m a SAHM now so I don’t have that part to worry about. But if I were I would push it as late as I could too. 
  • Options
    @mrstmoose and @HGRich, snow in the forecast for me too!  I'm so ready for spring and warm weather, I've been cold this entire pregnancy and usually I'm the one sweating in November.  DS has cabin fever pretty badly too, he loves the snow but I can only take the cold for so long, hah.

@mrstmoose, on indoor play suggestions, you could also do baking soda/water sensory play!  It cleans up really easily, is inexpensive, and kids love it.  I think it's roughly 2:1 parts soda to water?  Or just enough water to make it wet.  It "flows," when you pour it off of something, but is hard when you smack it or scoop it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @all for the kind words. We wont know how bad it is until after surgery. 
    I'm ok not depressed I'm just kind of in a weird place where I can't do much but wait. I'm looking forward to next month where I'll finally be able to do baby prep! 
    We also have snow on the way I wish winter would just go away! I miss sunshine!
  • Options
    @mighty_montgomery my DH and I decided to do something similar, we have a place phones will go when we are at home so when we are all together, no one is using their phone. Obviously we will leave the ringers on so we can hear if calls come in, but we want to have quality time with each other and with DD. I think it will be hard, but hopefully worth it!
  • Options
    @tumblefluff you can usually ask for a hat and pee in there and then dump it into the cup. 

Sorry I haven’t been around all week. DS and I are sick as dogs. To the point where I got in to work today and my boss sent me home about 3 minutes later after looking at me. And not even to work at home she explicitly told me to come home and sleep. So I did. I took a benedryl at noon and slept almost since then. 

I’m also dealing with some crampy contractions but when I talked to my OB this AM he didn’t seem concerned since they’re not evenly spread out at all. 

Heading over to read @kyashley1227’s birthday story!! So glad you’re both doing well. 
  • Options
    @frenchfrymama I think that's a smart plan. For my husband and I, our arguments are usually about one of us being on the phone. And we constantly do it to each other, like it's not just one of us that won't put it down and it's frustrating for both of us.
    We were at a Valentine's Day activity with several other couples over the weekend and one of the questions for the "How well do you know your spouse?" game was "What was your last fight about?" One of the couple's answers were 1) not putting the phone down when we're in bed and 2) closing eyes/falling asleep during night time conversations. DH and I were like Hey! It's not just us!!
    Anyways, how much time we spend on our cellphones and what for is a big hurdle in our relationship. A friend of mine told me one of her regrets after her first child was born was spending more time than necessary on her phone instead of watching him grow during the first couple years of his life. That would really affect me too and I could see myself not having the self-control to put my phone down to just be in the moment.
  • Options
    I second the poor sleep 😴 🛏 
    I got up to pee every 2 hrs last night 
    I was struggling to fall asleep a lot too but my doula suggested a bath might help with pain in my pelvic girdle and it really has helped. So that’s good. 

I still can’t do much without triggering big Braxton Hicks (1min long, make my face flush, stop me from moving) so I get very little done at home. 

I broke a piece piece of a filling loose the other day and it’s not painful but I need to do something about it. Hoping the dentist will agree to just pull it out, clean the space and put a temporary filling on until May-June when I can handle a dentist chair, and the lidocaine (it gives me the shakes). 

• Options
    Spent most of yesterday working on baby prep and while I missed actually getting to spend time with DH on our day off, we knocked so much stuff off our to do list that it didn’t really bother me that we were doing our own things all day. Tonight we’re trying to tackle some more prep because I slept so well last night and I’m contributing it to the limited screen time and constantly moving around yesterday. I would like to keep this trend going. 
  • Options
    Ugh I totally forgot how sore the arm is after the tDap. Ouchie. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    @mrstmoose when we had 8 snow days in a row the kids loved making snow volcanoes. In a plastic cup mix 1/4c baking soda, 1T dish soap, and food coloring. Then pack snow around cup to look like a volcano, pour vinegar in and watch. It was too cold to play outside so we filled a sled with snow and laid a bunch of beach towels on the floor. After a few “eruptions” the kids played with the snow like a sensory bin, making snow castle and stuff. I squirted some more food coloring in the snow too. 

• Options
    So...I’m sitting on the side of the road waiting on an assist cause my car overheated. DH “fixed” the coolant leak this morning.

Clearly whatever it was didn’t fix the problem. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    @thatbaintforbetty ugh oh no.  Hopefully you're not stuck for long!!
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Boy did I miss a lot already. Two pages in! 
    Sorry to everyone who had a crappy start to the week. I feel that completely. 

We got our car seat & my diaper bag yesterday! Starting to finally feel productive and in control. First baby shower is on Sunday and I’m hoping to get the “little stuff” - baby care items, some cute onesies, etc. Either way, I’ll know what we are really missing after that and what we will need. 
    Also, yesterday I had a woman tell me (potential tw)
    that I can’t let my baby play with or chew on any rubber or plastic toys because she will end up with cancer, autism or a brain tumor. 

I was at work and could only get so upset. I did remove myself from the situation immediately. I tried to play it off, but I was pretty upset all night. I had always expected to get unsolicited advice, but really, who tells a pregnant woman that??? 
  • Options
    @mermaidca Thankfully I wasn’t. It happened on my way home and my commute is only like 20 min with traffic. Of course my DH and dad think they fixed the problem...again.

I actually pulled the “i was the one who wanted to sell and you said we should keep this another year” card at DH when he got frustrated at the thing. 

I love a lot of things about my car but I accept that it’s not reliable enough for us right now. Replacing it requires us to rework some of our plans, which I guess I will start figuring out this weekend. 

Things like this make me 200% not surprised that I’m currently having anxiety and annoyed all the time. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    DH tried to give me sleep 'advice' last night and then right when I was going to bed he came to bed early. Of course he was a sleep in 20 minutes slightly snoring and I couldn't sleep! I had to take half a benedryl at 2am just to get SOME sleep. 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    @kosmo86 Benedryl has been my best friend the past few days.
  • Options
    @kosmo86 My DH was snoring last night too, and DD left me maybe a foot of space at the edge of the bed. My sleep was shit.
  • Options
    I think we are all getting shit sleep at this point. I never get good sleep anymore, no matter what time I go to bed I still wake up tired, usually with a headache. I feel like I'm useless at work these days, which is a problem because I've got so much on my plate before baby comes. But like y'all, I'm sooooooo tired. 
  • Options
    @lilpotatomama it's moments like that I wish it was socially acceptable to tell people to shove it.  Some of the advice people give is so freaking out in left field.

My cold has morphed and is worse again.  My ear plugged back up and this is the second morning I've woken up with a nose bleed.  Come on, body.  Work with me.  Also H was just sooooo exhausted yesterday after work he went right up to lay down so he could "feel better then get building the crib" well I put the kids to bed and when 9pm rolled around and he finally got up I got all huffy and just went to bed.  So again, nursery unfinished because he clearly does not see how important it is to me.  Funny though, on the weekend he managed to go meet up with 3 different friends 3 different times....
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    lilpotatomamalilpotatomama member
    edited February 2019
    @professormama sleep for me is really weird. Once I fall asleep, I’m out, and I only get up once during the night. The problem is that it takes me hours to fall asleep, and I wake up at 6:30 every single morning. No matter how much sleep I’ve had. I’m averaging around 5 hours and somehow managing to function but it is not easy. I’m a zombie at work and so unproductive at home. So maybe I’m not actually functioning...
  • Options
    For those with sleeping issues, have you given the Unisom Sleep Tabs a shot? My OB says that it's safe to take them throughout pregnancy. It's the only way I'm able to sleep. I still get up at least twice a night to pee, but I am able to fall asleep on them and go back to sleep when I wake in the middle of the night. 
  • Options
    @cabearit Is Unisom habit forming (I'm assuming not if it's safe to use through the whole pregnancy)? I'm going to ask my midwife about it today. +1 to shit sleep every night! 
  • Options
    @rennie1108 I don't know about habit forming, but definitely ask. I know not all Unisom is safe. You have to purchase the Sleep Tabs with the orange label. 
  • Options
    @rennie1108 I don't think it's habit forming. I've taken one most of this pregnancy because I have struggled with insomnia off and on. I plan on stopping them as soon as he's born (I won't struggle to pass out then, I'll struggle due to lack of sleep in general!)
  • Options
    @mermaidca I usually get nosebleeds when I’m dehydrated. Maybe more lemon tea to unclog things and hydrate? 
  • Options
    @rennie1108 I've had insomnia this entire pregnancy and take 1/2 a tab of unisom almost every night.  My doctor gave the ok because it's safe for pregnancy and non-habit forming.  I think I've asked her three times if it's ok to keep taking it and she always says it's fine. They actually use unisom and B6 to treat morning sickness as well.  It really helped me get through the beginning of pregnancy. 
  • Options
    Thanks, guys! I'm definitely going to talk to my midwife about it today. I'm running on empty (I guess it's good practice for when baby comes but why deprive ourselves of sleep before we have to?)
  • Options
    @mermaidca, I feel you.  Husbands just don't seem to understand the anxiety and nesting instinct... I'm trying my best not to be a nag, but the closer we get to April without the nursery finished the more anxious I get!  Also, boo to colds.

Add me for crummy sleep.  Mostly because of this stupid congestion (not cold related since it never gets worse or better), and hip/muscle pain.  I feel like if I look as tired as I actually feel, people are probably just telling me I look cute out of pity...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I finally got a reasonable night’s sleep last night for the first night in over two weeks. And my blood sugar numbers were better than they’ve ever been. Who knew. *sarcasm* I’ve been averaging 5 hours of sleep with one or two wakeups in there, so I’m not sure how much of that is even quality sleep. 
  • Options
    Yea I have been taking Unisom. I still can't sleep the first half of the night with them. Its like a toss and turn for the first 4 hours and get up a million times to pee and then after 2AM I start to get better sleep. I found that the Unisom makes me feel shitty in the morning, so I try to only take half but it barely works. 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    @mermaidca ditto what @kangstadt said. DH tends to do this thing where he won’t start working on something until I start and then he just tries to “help” by taking over what I’m doing. We have had many discussions about how annoying I find this (there are other things to do - go do those). 

I’m working from home today because of snow and DH’s work closed so I’m also making suggestions for what he can get done while he has the time today. Hoping he has time to go organize our storage unit (our building has on-site storage) so that any baby stuff that still needs to go in there for now will actually fit. 
  • Options
    @gollygeeitsamy yes, almost every night. Especially if he turns and faces me and does it. I've threatened the couch for the next 5 weeks if he isn't careful!
  • Options
    @gollygeeitsamy how did I miss this before I posted? YES. My DH doesn’t believe that he snores, and I’m petty, so I’ve actually taken video evidence of his snoring and showed it to him. 
  • Options
    @lilpotatomama so many lack tact. As a side note, there is only one real risk that I know of with natural rubber toys and that’s developing a latex allergy. I have a latex allergy and we don’t have any natural rubber toys in the house. But to say they cause other things is ignorance. 

Well, I went to the dentist this morning and (it’s 40min away, so there was 2x as much driving as dentist time) it’s not a filling that’s loose I cracked a tooth somehow. It has a cavity. I opted to have the dentist smooth the sharp edge that keeps catching my tongue and wait until baby is here before I go in for the filling. I was struggling in the chair for the 2-4 min at a time she was in the room, I don’t think I could handle 40min and the lidocaine which makes me jittery. 😬 hoping it doesn’t get worse.