September 2019 Moms
Options

February Randoms

Re: February Randoms

• Options
    @kgg2241, @themadcamel I prefer Advil over Tylenol (when not KU of course) because of the candy coating. LOL! 🤣
  • Options
    Well that sucks to hear no one else has issues with Amazon. We even set up a separate account with a separate card just for online purchases because it happens so often. This way we don't have to worry about setting up all our auto payments every time.

@nomangos23 I suffer from daily headaches (because of a medical condition) so I used to pop pills like crazy. When we started ttc I cut back a ton. It got easier and easier to manage. Now that I'm KU I don't want to take anything either even though I know tylenol is fine. When I really can't manage I just take one pill (instead of the recommended 2 for standard dose). It still helps and makes me less stressed about taking something. 

Separate note: all those taco gifs on TTGP have me craving like crazy!!
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 That is odd! Are you ordering from verfied amazon purchases? We've been prime members and order darn near daily. Never had an issue. 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 Same. Was just looking for taco shops near my RE so I can swing by after a check up today  :#
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 +1 for the taco craving now! I'm gonna make taco bake tonight.
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    @nda_roxybabe Verified Amazon purchases?  :# Not exactly sure what that is. We always make sure to order from someone who has a lot of high star reviews. Not sure if that's the same thing.
    @nomangos23 Good luck at your appointment today! Keep us updated!
    @zuuls_mom Taco bake sounds soooooo good! Yum!
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options
    @LJMoon6 Yea, like it's sold by and shipped by Amazon.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @themadcamel Oh noooooo your mother!!!!!! That is so frustrating! I'm sorry girl. We've gotten to the point where I'll pick my battles, but I will avidly speak my mind if need be so that my parents don't drive me completely insane. Biting my tongue only left me infuriated half of the time we left visits with them, and speaking my mind (in attempted-nice and calm ways) usually would help them understand where I was coming from and at least respect my wishes, even if they wanted to eye-roll my parenting choices. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @sunshine2417 sounds like you had a good strategy to deal with unsolicited advice/eye-rolling from your parents! I'm definitely going to try to gently speak my mind. My dad and I are pretty much on the same page about everything always, but my mom is a bit nutty. We love her, of course, but my dad set a precedence (by how he acted and how he asked me to act) when I was growing up that we should just let her go about her ways. As an adult, it seems to me now that my mom has a bit of untreated/undiagnosed borderline personality disorder. Anyway, at this point at 74 years old, it seems too hard/ too late to affect positive change with her. I don't know if it's the best strategy, but oh well.
  • Options
    @supermom34482 wait until you move to another column! It's like hitting a pregnancy milestone  :D
  • Options
    @nomangos23 Take the tylenol! I get migraines quite frequently during pregnancy so I take it frequently.  In my opinion my first 2 kids came out ok!
  • Options
    You ever watch an episode of House Hunters and think to yourself “well this marriage is doomed”? 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    @zuuls_mom Only all the time. 🤣 Also love the ones where they go way above their budget and I think “well, there’s a repo in a couple years”
  • Options
    Is House Hunters the show where it’s always couples with these astronomical house budgets who work part time at the local dmv or whatever? That show infuriates me! 
    I also like the one with the twin brothers, when they present the idea for what they’re going to do for the remodel, and the couple is always like... “yeah I really just can’t see that working in this space.”  They’re professionals on a TV show- it’s going to work you ignorant asses!!
  • Options
    @zuuls_mom DH is a realtor and he has called several divorces! Nothing shows your true colors like buying a house together I guess?
  • Options
    I just went down a rabbit hole, sorry. 

• Options
    Ah, yes. We don’t do “Entertaining”. LOL. Please come into my house and eat all my food that I paid for and slaved all day over a hot stove making and get drunk on my booze while I clean up your vomit in the corner, Karen.

Also, omg, @RedBreast35. I kid you not we met a couple on our honeymoon (Maui, we spent a pretty penny on it) who worked at the Post Office / DMV (H) and was a hairdresser (W). They were hunblebragging about their large wedding in a very expensive part of our already expensive state (CA). We were like how the fuck did they afford all that? We practically eloped to Vegas (but not really) and saved for months and DH is an engineer and I’m in the Pharmaceutical industry. 

@kgg2241 I feel like it’s not hard to predict the d rates with wedding shows also!
  • Options
    @kgg2241 DH's parents divorced after building a house together.  :/ I'm super picky so I don't think we will be doing that together.
  • Options
    I love house hunters! I think my favorite episode included a "full time stay at home dog mom" I saw while pregnant with DS. Totally tried to convince DH to let me get another dog and no job so I could have the same title  :D
  • Options
    The one that gets my blood boiling the most is Tiny House Hunters. This b literally says she wants a 350 sq ft house “with room to entertain” and was pissed that it couldn’t fit a king or have a full sized bath tub  :|
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• Options
    @zuuls_mom haha so true!! Drives me nuts
  • Options
    Is anyone else super excited to go to the movie theater in the middle of a hot summer day and order a giant drink and popcorn and not feel guilty because you’re pregnant? 

• Options
    @aliciac2008 that sounds AMAZING. I used to go to movies all the time before DS was born. I need to do it again! I’m thinking I may need a mental health day sometime in the third tri to go to a solo movie. That sounds like heaven.
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• Options
    @aliciac2008 holy shit YESSSS! Especially since most theatres have those reclining seats now. 
    DH and I are off work today so we're going to go see the Lego Movie 2 in a little while. I'm looking forward to seeing it, but I may end up just sleeping in that comfy chair :lol: .
  • Options
    @aliciac2008 girl YES. Except I did this a few weeks ago while my BFF was in town and... I fell asleep  :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    @aliciac2008, @themadcamel, @nomangos23 After reading this thread, I talked H into a movie date yesterday and it was glorious!  Those reclining seats are heaven!
  • Options
    @mamaber2204 woohoo! What did you guys see?

Lego Movie 2 was GREAT. I still liked the first one better, but number 2 was really good. DH and I were the only adults in the theatre without kids. I feel like a few people were side-eyeing us, but whatever! I love kid movies!
  • Options
    @themadcamel We saw "The Wandering Earth", which was H's choice and I wasn't super stoked for it...but it was an excellent movie!  One of the best I've seen in awhile!  It's a Chinese film that made it across the water.  The subtitles did tank my plan of lightly dozing during the movie, though.  :)
  • Options
    Putting this here because I don't know where else would be better.. maaaaybe FFFC, but whatevs.

I'm getting my eyebrows microbladed today! My brow makeup takes up the most time out of my morning makeup routine, but it's something that I hate skipping. I'm super excited to not have to worry about it once I've got a LO to look after. This is the one "bad" thing that I'm going to do this pregnancy (I don't drink caffeine and am staying away from all artificial sweeteners, deli meat, soft cheese, you name it).
  • Options
    @themadcamel I had to look up microblading to see what you were talking about.  Needles in the forehead sound terrifying to me (KU or not!) because I'm a needle-phobe, but exciting that you won't have to deal with your brows anymore!  
  • Options
    @themadcamel I would not do microblading while pregnant. I had mine done and was advised to wait until my period returned to go. Your hormones can make pigment not stay or even "run" if your iron is low. I would really really really wait if I were you. It's like getting a tattoo which is not advised while pregnant either.
  • Options
    @supermom34482 thanks for the advice and concern :smile: . It was definitely not a light decision. I had the appointment set up well before we found out I was KU and considered cancelling. I spoke to my OB and derm about it, and they both said that the main risk (to LO) would be infection (as with any tattoo whether KU or not) or if she uses a numbing cream (which she won't). Over 50% of my skin is tattooed so I know my body when it comes to reactions and aftercare. I hadn't heard or read about the iron, but my recent blood work shows I'm good there.
  • Options
    @RedBreast35 I would love that thread to start soon! Starting it so early means we can see where everyone started too, which I think is the most fun part of bumps. 

• Options
    @RedBreast35 I'm totally down to have it start. I already look 4 months pregnant anyway lol.
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• Options
    @themadcamel that's awesome everyone is on board. Enjoy it because it really is a life saver. I love my results. Just remember not to itch them. I would love to see all your tattoos one day.
  • Options
    @RedBreast35 I was just thinking about this this morning. I'm kind of surprised no one has posted it already but since this is #3 for me I am showing for sure already @11 weeks. Pretty sure I'm going to have to tell people sooner than later because of that. I only have some many baggy shirts because it becomes obvious. Luckily I have an appointment early next week so once I get the all good from there it's on!
  • Options
    I had someone email me about an issue with one of my employees on Tuesday morning. They didn't say who in the original email so I asked and they immediately responded back with their name. Now I have tried three times to get a time set up to chat and they haven't responded to any of my emails. What gives, dude!?
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• Options
    So what's everyone up to this weekend? We have a pretty low key couple of days planned since it's supposed to be cold, but tomorrow night H and I are going on a date and I am SO EXCITED!! 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16