Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

If Testing and Treatment - week of 1/14

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: What's the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window?

Re: If Testing and Treatment - week of 1/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I had my saline sono this morning. @prpl11butterfly was totally right - for me it really was NBD. They told me when to breath, RE took all of two minutes to say my uterus was definitely not the problem, and it was done. I haven't had an hsg, so I can't compare, but I did a lot of worrying for nothing. 
  • Options
    nitnat007nitnat007 member
    edited January 2019
    @ruby696 Being on the bench can be tough, but don't let it get you down! Squirrel feet would be really cute to see running around hehe. 

@kbrown2385 I have had both the saline sono and the HSG. Personally I found the sono to be a little less uncomfortable than the HSG. But both were not that bad. Advil beforehand and a little cramping afterwards, but no worse than any normal AF. GL!

@inthewoods23 I would definitely tell your doctor that you have extra and don't need that much. Or is there in option for them to be filled with fewer each time? I don't like wasting either. 

@kobrien827 Oh I have heard so much about that show. I really need to give it a look. We did a bunch of cleaning over the holidays and it felt so good! Yay for a new couch!! 

ETA tags!
  • Options
    @nitnat007 Squirrel feet are cute. They are also incredibly loud when they run - it sounds like a heard of elephants over my head.😂
  • Options
    @nitnat007 I definitely plan on asking! I know when we do have a successful IUI they'll have me on the progesterone through the 10th or 12th week mark so they'll get used but if they're giving me a months worth at a time I'll have too many if we have to move on to IVF if #2 and 3 are unsuccessful which I am NOT making plans for right now.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I’m totally psyching myself up for nothing then lol.

@prpl11butterfly I hope af shows up soon for you so you can get on with this next cycle!

@nitnat007 what detergent did you get? I’m trying to find a more natural one that’s not crazy expensive.

@ruby696 I feel like the sound of squirrel feet would make me crazy haha. Glad everything is coming back normal for you so far!

@inthewoods23 do you get it from the drs office or a pharmacy? If a pharmacy, you can always wait to fill it until you’re closer to needing it. 

@kobrien827 I just finished the whole season of tidying up and spent yesterday purging our linens/towels and refolding everything. My linen closet has never looked so good! Dh watched a couple of epdisodes with me and he purged his wire bin. I haven’t been able to convince him to do that in 10 years! I’m ready to go through all of our clothes next. I’m so ready for some organization! 

• Options
    @prpl11butterfly cmon AF! Hope she comes quickly for you. There’s nothing more frustrating than waiting forever when you know you’re not KU and just want to move on. 

@nitnat007 which detergent did you get? I’ve been thinking about switching to something more natural as well. My skin is so sensitive no matter what we use so maybe that’s the answer. Good call on the towels, too! I’m sure it sucks that YH is gone for so long, but I hope you’re enjoying yourself!

@ruby696 I’m glad your sono was normal! Hope the next two cycles go quickly for you. Don’t lose hope! Also, squirrel feet...awwww!

@kbrown2385 hope you’re able to get off the bench soon! I’ve only had an HSG so can’t really help with your question, but I hope it’s relatively painless and goes well! 

@inthewoods23 I’m happy to hear you and YH are in good spirits and that you’re able to move right along to IUI #2! As they say, first is the worst and second is the best 😂 

@kobrien827 ahhh FX your body cooperates this time! Good job on purging, it feels so good. You’re living my dream with the chaise- I’ve always wanted a couch with one too! I bet it looks awesome!

• Options
    @b_1029 Sorry that you are doing another cycle, but it is great that YH is stepping up to the plate. And I can totally understand why the one friend is more frustrating to you than the other one. At least one of them seems to get it, although doesn't make it easier. *hugs*

@inthewoods23 Not sure what the shelf life is on it too? I know Gonal only have 6 weeks or something? And plus also, positive thinking right?!

@kbrown2385 @b_1029 I went with Eco Max Lavender. It was $19 CDN for 6.21 L (210 loads), so really comparable to other regular detergents. I have only done one load with it so far, but honestly could not really tell the difference between that and the one I was using before. So far its good. The other main reason I wanted to switch is because DH suffers from insane Eczema too and really hoping with the natural soaps and this, that it helps him. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 the progesterone comes from a mail order pharmacy along with the trigger shot so I can't really delay it.

@emmasemm @nitnat007 I shit you not the expiration date is 2/29/2019 which isn't even possible! It's not a leap year! Lol

This first batch of progesterone for the first IUI was delivered... I wanna say on the 13th or 14th of December? So they do have a shelf life of about 3 months or so. I think this round I'll ask them to deliver it right before the midcycle US. I had them deliver it right away last time so I had the trigger shot for almost 2 weeks earlier than I needed and 3 weeks early for the progesterone. Maybe I won't need to worry about it expiring if I just have them deliver towards the end of the month.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @kiki047 I want to live where you live! "Lots of trees" is totally my jam. We have a number of trees in our backyard as well as a large oak tree and Fall is my absolute favorite because all the grass gets covered by the leaves!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 I like autumn until the leaves fall on the ground :lol:  We were sooo lucky that most of the trees seemed to shed their leaves on the far side of the fence so we only filled about 8 yard waste bags right at the end of the season in Nov. Some of our other neighbours had about 15-20 bags PER WEEK, for about 4 weeks straight. They're gorgeous though, especially now that they're fairly mature @ around 20-25 years old.

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    @emmasemm I will start estradiol on cd2, as long as baseline u/s and blood are okay then I think start PIO in 6 or 8 days after that. I forgot to write it down when we went over it last time  :# Then transfer 6 days after starting PIO. I hope your consult this week goes how you want it to! I hate how much waiting there is in this TTC game. 

@kiki047 GL to your husband.. What type of diet is it that he is doing? I know balancing hormones helps women get pregnant but I am not sure if it helps with sperm health. MH had borderline low-T and doc put him on clomid which helped his count increase. 
    TTC journey in spoiler
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    Married: 08/2016
    TTC: 10/2017
    IUI #1-3 BFN
    IVF 11/2018- 23 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI with 7 embryos making it to freeze
    FET #1 02/2019 BFN
    FET #2 4/19 BFP!!!!! EDD 1/4/20  <3

• Options
    @kobrien827 it’s called a metabolic reset. It’s through his naturopath. The premise is similar to keto in that it focuses on training your body to burn through its own fat stores for energy instead of using food for fuel but it doesn’t focus on ketosis, it is a low fat anti inflammatory diet.  No carbs, sugar, gluten, corn, soy, dairy, nuts or any fats (including oils). It also uses intermittent fasting so he only eats two meals a day, lunch and dinner 8 hrs apart. There’s a homeopathic spray they use too that provides support for the hypothalamus and helps with hormone regulation. Supposed to curb appetite and cravings too. It’s pretty intense, but he’s tried other diets and exercise plans and they don’t work.  // suzycupcake just mentioned clomid to me too. I had no idea that was a thing! It’s hard to get here in Canada which is why my RE has me on letrozole. 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    @kiki047 Sounds intense! I am Keto so I thought it sounded similar. I wish him the best of luck!
    @crookshanks10 I felt the same hopefulness when we finally started IVF. I am so happy for you my friend that things are happening. 
    TTC journey in spoiler
    IUI #1-3 BFN
    IVF 11/2018- 23 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI with 7 embryos making it to freeze
    FET #1 02/2019 BFN

• Options
    @kobrien827 Thank you! I'm so nervous. I'm worried already about the number of eggs and embryos. Did you make any diet/lifestyle changes right before or during stims? Currently researching ways to improve egg health and I don't know if it would even make a difference at this point!
  • Options
    Diagnosis (if you've been): MFI, damaged/blocked tube

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WFAF. Should be today.

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): My H has an appointment next week with a fertility urologist (we've been waiting for 3 months!) and we are filling out the paperwork to make an appointment with a fertility clinic.

How are things going?: I am not as upset as previous cycles about my impending CD1. I am still very upset that IVF looks to be our only option to start a family.

Any questions?:Not now as this is all still fairly new

GTKY: What's the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window? I see an empty field with trees out of my kitchen window.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Options
    @inthewoods23 That's great news! 
    @rikiteacup I hope your husband's appointment goes well. Its overwhelming for sure!
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 Yay for IUI #2! FX this is your cycle!

@rikiteacup I'm so sorry IVF looks like your only option. I'm assuming the cost is a factor? I'm not sure where you're located, but my OB made sure I knew that the price was lower in other states. I'm in CA. 

@crookshanks10 Sending all the positive thoughts your way! Good luck!!

@kiki047 Good luck to YH! That sounds pretty intense. I wish I had the disciple for fasting, but I just really like to eat so...🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    @ruby696 I still have some hope the urologist is going to tell H that he has a varicose vein and his numbers will go back to normal by some miracle. But yes, cost is a factor. We have the money but it pains me to think we might have to shell out $20K+ for something most people get for free. The average cost in my state is $20K.
    TTC#1
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2

• Options
    @kobrien827 honestly keto sounded easier just because it still has so many things we love to eat, but he had his gallbladder removed so he can't handle the high fat content. Has it worked for you? 
    @crookshanks10 I'm so proud of him for doing this. He's terrified but committed. 
    @rikiteacup yay, it felt like you booked that appt with the urology specialist ages ago. FX that goes well! 
    @ruby696 we both love to eat, it was one of the things that brought us together because MF's ex wouldn't eat anything. She basically ate like a picky 4 year old. Hot dogs, mac n cheese, pizza, chicken fingers, fast food... meanwhile he's a huge foodie and an fantastic cook but it was wasted on her. We indulge but in a healthy way... just hoping we'll still be able to enjoy some of our favourites once he is on maintenance. 

TTC History:

• Options
    @emmasemm So glad to see you back on the boards. We missed you. Yay for an "unremarkable" baseline appt and fingers crossed for good news on Friday so that you can go straight into the next cycle. 
    Freezing DH sperm would be pointless since the acrosome defect is so bad. We are benched for a few months in hopes that we can try and improve the quality some before doing another round. I think we have a 3% chance on our own, maybe even less so moving forward with IUI would just be a waste on money. 

@inthewoods23 02/29/19 haha too funny. Hope you can get that all figured out and as cost effect as possible too. Every little bit helps. GL for round #2

@kiki047 The towels I got were from the camping section at our outdoor store. So far they have been great.
    Wow that is a lot of weight to lose in a short space of time. How does he feel about making the changes to the diet etc? Would it be difficult for him to follow?  "It Starts With the Egg" I think talks about males diet/health being as important as women's. I think that an overall healthier eating regime would improve chances. FX

@crookshanks10 FX for your sono. Don't stress about the procedure itself, it really is NBD. It will be over before you know it. I watched some IVF injection video's on YouTube before going in, and I must say that I felt much better prepared than going in blind. 

@rikiteacup Sorry that IVF looks to be your next step. I totally get it! But I am glad that you are finally able to get in to see the urologist and get some answers. FX for it going well. 
  • Options
    @kiki047 yes, we booked it last October! 
    TTC#1

TTC #2

• Options
    @nitnat007 That's a great idea! I'm definitely going to watch videos prior to! It's just going to be me, so I hope I remember everything! Thanks for the advice. (:
  • Options
    @nitnat007 he's mostly worried about being tempted when we're out, or what he'll do if he gets the munchies between meals. We've spoken to a few people who have done it and they all said he won't be hungry, and if he is he's not doing it right. He requested that we try not to go out too much in the next 6 weeks so it'll be easier to manage meals for just us at home. I'm a homebody so staying home with my favourite human in the winter sounds perfect. It does seem like too much weight to lose in such a short time frame but if it works, we're all in. // suzycupcake sent me that book to read, I haven't started it yet but I plan to soon. 

TTC History:

• Options
    @inthewoods23 glad you’re moving forward for #2! FX for you! 

@crookshanks10 good luck on Friday! I just scheduled mine for next Tuesday! I think it’s mostly the unknown that makes me nervous, not necessarily the procedure itself. 
  • Options
    @kiki047 Yes, keto has been great for me and eventually MH. The weight loss is a perk but helped with headaches, bloating, sleep issues. You will have to update me/us with how it is going!
    TTC journey in spoiler
    IUI #1-3 BFN
    FET #1 02/2019 BFN

• Options
    TTC journey in spoiler
    IUI #1-3 BFN
    FET #1 02/2019 BFN

• Options
    @emmasemm hopefully AF comes soon so you can decide next steps! I'm glad your results came back normal! 

@kiki047 GL to YF, that sounds intense! 

@crookshanks10 I hope your sono goes well along with the trial transfer, etc.! So exciting that you'll be putting together a game plan.

@rikiteacup I'm glad YH was able to get in with the urologist! Hopefully he gets some answers and the appointment goes well. 

AFM: I am so f*cking mad right now. I tried to refill my Clomid prescription and it was denied by my doctor. I called today and after her nurse finally called me back, she said my dr. won't refill it until I'm seen. I assume this is standard procedure but no one ever told me that and if I had known, I obviously would've scheduled in advance. Now I can't get in until Monday which is pointless in terms of this cycle because I'll be on CD 9 at that point so I'm just rolling it up into my yearly appt on the 30th. So I guess this is another (most likely) pointless natural cycle. I know I'm being impatient but I am so angry. 
  • Options
    @b_1029 uggghhh you're in the same boat as me then. I was more mad because the reason they wouldn't fill my prescription before the holidays was because they were certain I was KU so they just said to come back for betas on Jan 2nd. Yeah, well, that obviously didn't work so this cycle feels like a complete waste of time. I'm so sorry you're stuck for another cycle. 

TTC History: