July 2019 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating

Re: What my pregnant self is eating

• cindlercindler member
    Lunch today is spaghettios and baby carrots.  How old am I?
  • Ice tea, ice tea, ice tea, and beef jerky.
  • Loading the player...
  • acgxacgx member
    I had Cava for lunch. It makes me irrationally happy 😋
  • hakelehakele member
    @vanillalatte89 I just had some for lunch! So good! I had that whole meal again for Mother's Day and hubby was kind enough to make enough for a few days of leftovers! Yay! 
    I am proud to say that my pregnant self is eating ALL.THE.THINGS! I can't stop or even slow down this week. Just constantly eating. And NOTHING satiates me. 
  • Pretty sure I’m singlehandedly keeping the shaved ice place by my house in business. Not really, especially since it’s finally been warm for a whole week, but definitely last week when it was rainy and “cold” (according to natives of where I live)...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Ok, had to add a AW pic of my Irish beer cheese soup because my whole family loved it! One soup I can put on our list for every one (and it was stupid easy too) instead of making 2-3 soups or relying on canned crap!

• Chips A Hoy...wtf! Who am I?? 😵
  • 50 cent chocolate frosty... Thank you, Wendy's!
  • I thought oreos and milk was my weakness, but then I found oreos with mocha latte coffee!  <3
  • key33key33 member
    I cut a watermelon up earlier. I ate about a quarter of it.
  • All the fruit right now. A lot of pineapple and grapes. And now I am going to get a watermelon after work.
  • Yes fruit! Downing a blackberry banana protein shake this morning with a side of Assyrian chopped salad. 
  • I made nachos and baby went nuts enjoying it. He usually moves after I eat but even while I was chewing he was doing flips and jumping around. He’s definitely my child 😂. My dad says he’s his grandson for sure. That has to be a good thing though as in AZ, Mexican food is pretty much the baseline for all cooking. I can’t tell you how many things that don’t typically include chili powder that’s I still put chili powder in it anyway. 😂
  • @leylea89 that’s so sweet! I wonder if babies in utero can have favorite foods? Mine seems to go crazy for chocolate pudding 😍
  • Gatorade-blue Gatorade bc I’m experiencing a throw back to first trimester where all food sounds terrible 
  • @vanillalatte89 I drink the yellow/green when I know I'm dehydrated. I like the strawberry if I'm just drinking it, which I've been known to do.

Also, for me it's been tea. So much tea, and not much else, because my appetite is tiny due to being sick. Thanks DH. I got off a plan 12 hours ago and my right ear is still clogged.
  • hinoteshinotes member
    @hestia14 They might have favorites - I have read that they can taste some of the stronger flavors in your food in utero!  
  • @hestia14 swear my little girl loves chocolate.. but can't blame her.. both parents have a sweet tooth LOL!

I'm already thinking about lunch.. have been since about 8am.. I'm thinking chicken noodle soup with a grilled cheese.. then i need some sort of chocolate item to finish off my meal..but i also want the $0.50 frosty from Wendy's but too lazy to drive to the other side of town..
  • @hestia14 considering that he acts that way with oranges, I think he does. That and literally any time I eat ham he makes me regret it. I think they definitely have things they like and don’t lol. 
  • I’ve been really really good at eating at the opposite ends of the price spectrum this pregnancy. More PF Chang’s/overpriced Chinese than I care to admit, but also a ridiculous amount of shaved ice, where the ginormous one is $4.5...
  • I found these mini-chocolate covered rice krispie treats in cookies and cream and oh god why.
  • Normally I hate donuts.  They make me feel terrible.  But they are all I can think about this morning.
  • hinoteshinotes member
    @hakele those are so pretty! I would never think to make macarons myself, seems difficult.
  • hakelehakele member
    @hinotes it wasn't too bad. It was a 3-hour class and I made two trays of them, probably could have made more in the time frame, but that was all the ingredients that I had. If you have a good hand with a piping bag, they really were pretty easy. I went to the class to figure out what I had been doing wrong, and now I know! So I feel comfortable making them on my own now. 
  • @hakele Congrats on sustaining a 3 hour activity! 🤣 Either my feet or my brain would have given out at hour 2...
    Currently having breakfast at the Starbucks I waddled to...but I left the house! 🏆 
  • hakelehakele member
    @expatmom39 I guess I'm really motivated by food...  :D There was lots of chocolate around as it is a chocolate shop, so that was nice and motivating. 
  • hinoteshinotes member
    I keep craving spicy and/or sour foods, have a little of something like spicy Thai or Mexican food thinking it'll be ok, then having awful heartburn, waking up multiple times during the night to take Tums  :(  
  • I had to have fish tacos last night- so good! Parfaits are also my jam.
  • I've been eating a lot of waffles lately, mostly with peanut butter, banana, honey and cinnamon.
  • acgxacgx member
    Mmmmm @samanthak46 that sounds delicious! I want some now. 

I'm still crushing Coke slurpees more often than necessary. And now that it's so hot - popsicles!
  • I could go for some French toast 
  • PSA: Friday is National Donut Day and both Krispie Kreme and Dunkin are doing free donut promotions. You have to buy a drink first at Dunkin, but I’m pretty sure Krispie Kreme will let you pick out whatever donut you want for free! 😋🍩
  • I made a carrot cake for DH’s birthday yesterday... It’s his favorite kind of cake, and it was a hit with the extended in-law family last night! I woke up today ready to eat more too...
  • key33key33 member
    All the popsicles. 😂
  • @key33 yessss... I bought and ate so many popsicles that I felt like it’s a bad idea to buy them the rest of my pregnancy lol.
  • So I've prettyuch ate an entire jar of pickles and an entire cheesecake to myself this weekend
  • @key33 @leylea89 yes all the popsicles, and I keep buying more because they're on sale. Got a huge box of them at Sam's club last week.

Also I keep eating BLT's and have decided I will have one for dinner.
  • @Niesen27 I keep wanting cheesecake, too!  
  • I love cheesecake and BLTs 😂 yum! But my baby makes me throw up cheesecake so i have to decide it’s worth it that day. Lol