July 2019 Moms
Options

What my pregnant self is eating

Re: What my pregnant self is eating

• Options
    Man! I was at the store and forgot to but cream of wheat! Definitely gonna have to add it to the next grocery order!
  • Options
    I'm going to call this a deconstructed peanut butter granola bar. Natural pb, granola and a touch of maple syrup because I did not bring enough breakfast with me today. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Just ate an entire pint of blueberries in about 20 minutes. That totally balances out the entire bag of cookie thins I ate yesterday, right?  :s

ETA: My ticker this week being a pack of Oreos is most unhelpful to my healthy eating attempts. Most of the other weeks I've been okay/able to ignore it, but Oreos...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @quinniebear I actually avoided this thread for a long time because I was so sure I would immediately want whatever anyone else mentioned. Ha!
  • Options
    I'm not a vegetarian by any means, but I usually don't eat a lot of red meat - we're more of ground turkey, chicken, or fish family. My DH and I were wondering if I'm wanting burgers and steak all the time because my body is craving more red meat? Not sure if that is a real thing haha
  • Options
    @samanthak46 we also don’t eat much red meat (normally chicken, turkey, and fish). I’ve been craving burgers a lot, but turkey burgers have been satisfying that. I don’t if the craving means you’re body needs something in particular. I’ve heard a lot of people say things like that but idk if it’s true or not.
  • Options
    @samanthak46 and @mama_bear19 - Red Meat cravings usually indicate iron and B vitamin needs. I crave it usually with my period when that all gets used up making new cells. It is common in pregnancy because you are making more blood because your body has increased blood volume during this time. Iron is important in the production of hemoglobin. 

• Options
    I've fallen victim to my son's cravings this week. We've had cheeseburgers for two dinners in a row and now he's asking for a third cheeseburger night. 
  • Options
    @mamanbebe yes! that is me all the time!! your son and I are very much the same haha

@hakele @mama_bear19 that is good to know thank you! I'll have to ask my doctor about additional supplements when I go in the next few weeks!
  • Options
    @samanthak46 everything could be fine! My iron levels have been fine the whole time, but it never hurts to ask the dr. It could just be a craving bc I’m sure not all cravings signal a deficiency (ex ice cream, candy 😂).
  • Options
    @samanthak46 haha well it is the start of grilling season! I'm only hopeful that we can move onto other meats and food groups one of these days because I'm really starting to crave a salad :D 
  • Options
    @mamanbebe I've been craving salads a lot! There is nothing like a good salad once spring comes around. The stores are finally starting to get good fruit selection back and I'm so excited! 

@samanthak46 It could mean nothing, but I agree it never hurts to just ask. It could just be that you are using it, so you are craving it.
    Our bodies are so weird. 

@mama_bear19 - Ummm. I'm craving ice cream, so that means I'm deficient in ice cream, okay?  :D  
    Carb/sweets cravings can sometimes be chalked up to tiredness... which is probably why I wanted that McFlurry last night in the middle of the night. I was exhausted from working on my house all weekend. We are applying tile to our hall bath. I was really tired (still am) so I'm chalking up my craving to that! 
  • Options
    @hakele Yes! I'm so excited for spring produce! 
  • Options
    I eat red meat pretty much exclusively (very specific about my chicken, mostly hate fish) and I still crave it. Right now I am all about salad though. I could eat my weight in salad. Unfortunately Alaska is not getting good produce yet. 
  • Options
    @indulgentgypsy I've been eating lots of salads too! I've been very specific about my dressing lately.

@mamanbebe can't wait for grilling season! I'm actually in the process of buying my husband a meat smoker for his birthday!

• Options
    Ugh. So I went to DQ and got a blizzard because they are smaller and I didn't want to go crazy. That was a mistake because I really should have gotten the dang McFlurry. 
  • Options
    I had a pbj and sour cream and onion chips for lunch today- so elementary school but SO good 
  • Options
    My DH is judging me for my new grape soda habit.

• Options
    @foodislove I have a serious orange cream soda habit suddenly... and I made the mistake of trying the new (caffeine-free, unlike their orange) Sunkist strawberry lemonade pop. It's kinda awesome. Ugh.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @foodislove my husband just picked up grape soda, I told him it smelled like dimetapp LOL! 

• Options
    @greeneyedgirl12 I am not a fan of faux orange flavors like soda and candy, but the strawberry pop sounds yum!

@jennm0724 It does, but for some reason I can't get enough atm.  :D
  • Options
    @foodislove the only thing I like grape is jelly.... 

• Options
    The only thing I like grape is an actual grape!
  • Options
    @hakele Well, I stand extremely corrected! Hahaa Has it really been that long since I've had a sip of wine?!
  • Options
    Mmmm wine. Had a splash from the bottle DH opened (and drank) tonight. It was heavenly!!!

@hakele I have been wanting a blizzard for a solid month now. The problem is pregnancy brain has me forgetting while I'm in town so the craving continues unsatisfied. :(
  • Options
    I just want to NOT cook dinner. I don't think DH has cooked since we moved into the house, normally we split the load pretty evenly, but lately... It's making me fairly annoyed too. We are tight on budget and food until the end of the month, but I have 8lbs of ground beef in my fridge, and a shit load of rice and eggs and all the spices you could ever dream of. I just want someone ELSE to make dinner - and clean up after it!
  • Options
    cindlercindler member
    edited March 2019
    I'M CURRENTLY STANDING IN LINE AT DQ!!! So excited for this blizzard!!!

Update: I was behind a bus of high school students and it took almost an hour to get my blizzard.  When I finally got it, my teeth were super sensitive to the cold.  I ate it anyway, but every bite hurt.  Highly disappointing. :(
  • Options
    @hakele Yes, we did forget wine! We’ve all been pregnant too long, I think. Thanks for bringing us back to our senses. 
  • Options
    I’ve been craving hot boiled peanuts. I asked DH to stop at the local deli on his way home and pick some up. I’m so excited!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I may have to add this as an UO - I don't like wine. I especially hate dry wines, I can tolerate sweet wines, but... I am not a wine person. I enjoy cooking with it, but I do not drink it. I prefer mead, hard cider, beer, or hard liquor. But I'm honestly not a social drinker.
  • Options
    @indulgentgypsy I’m not a big wine fan either. I prefer white over red, but if I have a choice, I’ll take a beer over wine
  • Options
    @nolemomma14 the boiled peanuts had me cracking up. It’s such a down south craving! 

@cindler was it good?! 

I havent had had a real drink (just sips here and there) since 2017. But I do love wine. 
  • Options
    @hakele so southern! Haha! When I went to school in Tallahassee, they were sold everywhere, it was amazing! 

Sad news, the local deli closes at 4 and DH didn’t make it in time, so no peanuts today 😭. I’ll just have to double up tomorrow! 
  • Options
    @hakele it was not as I dreamed. My teeth are so sensitive that every bite hurt! It did taste good, though so I suffered through the pain
  • Options
    @cindler that sucks! Sorry about your teeth being crappy and ruining your full joy. 

@nolemomma14 also sad about your peanuts. My fam lives in the GA plains, so I understands. 
  • Options
    There is no food I'm not craving today.  I am just HANGRY!!! No matter what I eat, I need more.
  • Options
    @Ketomommy - I would do terrible things for salad and food that I did not have to prepare or clean up after. All the food. Any of the food. I just want someone to feed me!!!!
  • Options
    @indulgentgypsy I just ordered our entire Passover seder from a local restaurant.  I told my mother in law I am too pregnant to care what anyone thinks.  I am serving it on paper plates and a plastic tablecloth.  

• Options
    Got my boiled peanuts today, and they hit the spot!