February 2019 IVF — The Bump
Infertility

February 2019 IVF

ellemarie7ellemarie7 member
10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
edited January 3 in Infertility
Hello!

Is it too early to start the February 2019 IVF board? I am coming off a failed FET from November (chemical pregnancy, made it to 5 weeks before losing, and it was our last embryo left) and have changed clinics. I didn't really bounce back from this last chemical pregnancy (physically and mentally) like I wanted to, but seeing a new doctor has re-energized me slightly and given me a bit more hope. I've had three transfers since April of 2018 - chemical, BFN, chemical (full history in spoiler). 

I'm late for my December period, need to still get that and then I'm going to start stimming after my following period (so end of January or very early February). 

He has me going full keto for inflammation, and is doing a complete immune protocol for my transfers (once I get through egg retrieval). I'm on some wild meds this time around before transfer (we're going to do a freeze all) - wondering if anyone has had any experience with them and if they resulted in take home babies...Low Dose Naltroxone, Metformin, Neupogen, Prednisone, Claritin, Pepcid, antibotics, Lovenox, Prograf. He wants me to do LIT Therapy (?) and IVIG but I honestly need to see what those costs are. Anyone out there done those last two and absolutely recommend them for reoccurring loss? 

Also - any of my ladies from November happening to join in on the fun? @leilee101, @manders85-2, @roisis?

Here's hoping 2019 is a better year than 2018!

IUI - October 2017 BFN, December 2017 BFN, January 2018 BFN 

Egg Retrival April 2018 - 22 eggs, 18 fertilized, 5 made to Day 5 blasts

Fresh Transfer April 29th 2018 - chemical pregnancy

FET July 31st 2018 - BFN

FET November 8th 2018 - chemical pregnancy

Re: February 2019 IVF

• @ellemarie7 I am still waiting for my FET from November lol, coming off 2 cancelled cycles due to thin lining >:O

Best of luck to you on your new cycle! I will lurk in and check on your progress :) 
    TTC history in spoiler:

Me: 30, DH: 37 TTC#1 since 8/2016
    6/20/17: Azoospermia confirmed after 2 SA
    9/8/17: failed mTESE - no sperm
    3/27/18: dIUI #1 - CP

May 2018: IVF#1 (11 mature retrieved, 9 fertilized, 3 to blast, 1 transferred) BFN

FET#1 July 16 BFP - MC @ 9w

FET#2 November 2018?

ellemarie7
  • ellemarie7ellemarie7 member
    10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited January 3
    @leilee101 oh nooo! I took a serious break from the boards after the news about the chemical so I haven’t been lurking! That freaking sucks and I’m so sorry. When will you be jumping back in and what’s their plan to thicken that lining up?
  • @ellemarie7 already back in it! We tried a natural cycle in December and my lining barely got to 4mm, so way worse than the 6mm from Nov. Right now I am doing a stim cycle to trick my body into producing extra estrogen as opposed to a hormone replacement cycle with synthetic estrogen. Hoping it works because my lining got to 8 during my stim cycle back in May.. only time will tell

Im glad you took a mental break, these hits can be so tough.. especially during the holidays! I took like 2 months away from the boards after my loss, but I’m glad you are getting back to it.
    TTC history in spoiler:

Me: 30, DH: 37 TTC#1 since 8/2016
    6/20/17: Azoospermia confirmed after 2 SA
    9/8/17: failed mTESE - no sperm
    3/27/18: dIUI #1 - CP

May 2018: IVF#1 (11 mature retrieved, 9 fertilized, 3 to blast, 1 transferred) BFN

FET#1 July 16 BFP - MC @ 9w

FET#2 November 2018?

• Good luck ladies!! May 2019 be the year for all of us! I hopefully will also be doing a natural FET in February after having just come off a failed fresh transfer for my very first IVF cycle. Hoping to transfer one of two of the frozen embryos I have left from this first cycle in February. My damn period came even before I could go in for the beta test this time!! So frustrating I didn’t even get a chance to even have a slight glimmer of hope whilst waiting for a beta result!! Anyway we are heading for a cruise holiday at the end of this month so will take a break this month and go au naturale haha and come back fresh and ready for a FET cycle in Feb. I am not sure, maybe it’s the new year but for some reason I’m feeling very hopeful and confident for myself and all the lovely ladies around me who are struggling with fertility this year. I am also going to try to implement some self massages each evening until after ovulation this month to try and relax myself and my mind. 
    ellemarie7
  • @leilee101 omg! Really sorry to hear about that in December...but it looks like you guys have come up with a protocol that will do the trick! I'll be thinking of you - when do you go for a lining check? When do you think you'll be transferring? 

I know, I really needed the break. I was so low - we got the news basically on Thanksgiving and it was so hard. But I'm feeling better and ready to get back into it next month!

@knottiee3fe41c1f9845857 thank you! Sorry to hear about your failed fresh :( It's never easy - but I agree, I'm feeling hopeful and confident that this will be all of our years! Did you take progesterone? Crazy your period broke through on it if you do! But enjoy your cruise and it's go-time for us when you get back!!

• @ellemarie7 Yes I was on Crione progesterone so have no idea why my period still broke through! Maybe I wasn’t using it enough or properly?! Anyway it doesn’t matter, new year new start for all of us this year!!
    ellemarie7
  • Good Evening Ladies,

I am happy I found this board because I will be starting my IVF (in vitro fertilization) process next month. Back story, I just turned 35 dec 22nd and I live in NJ. I am very fortunate that my insurance covers IVF (in vitro fertilization) completely. They don’t cover meds but I applied to a program called compassion care and they offer up to 75% off of meds. I was referred to them by my RE. I have a beautiful 10 year old day who we conceived a month after trying. When my daughter turned 2 we started trying but nothing ever happened. My husband Finally agreed to seek fertility treatment a few months ago so I am very thankful for that. My test were all above average according to my RE (reproductive endocrinologist)especially since I only have one working ovary. ( I had to get my left ovary removed and tube due to large cysts. My AMH came back as 2.58. I went in for my final results and basically it’s male infertility. DH (dear husband) sperm count is really bad that they want to do IVF/ ICSI. My RE (reproductive endocrinologist)recommend C Q10 I believe have to look back at my notes and recommend my husband take vitamins as well to help with motility. My next steps now is doing my hsyterscopy which is like a trial run as the RE (reproductive endocrinologist) put it to check the lining of the uterine cavity looks great. I am super nervous for that because my HSG was some what painful. She said that since my period is due this Saturday to contact the office to schedule the hsysterscopy. Then after that I will finally meet my IVF (in vitro fertilization)nurse coordinator and run through all the meds etc. so I’m hopeful that things will go smooth and my first transfer will be successful. I look forward to going through the process with you ladies.

ellemarie7
  • Hi @anais3500 and welcome!! That is amazing your insurance covers IVF completely, that is such an added stress that is off your shoulders!

I'm sorry to hear of the diagnosis but it sounds like IVF will be a great option for you guys! Hopefully we'll be cycling together so we can support each other :) I've been waiting for my period to arrive (it finally did this weekend!!!), because we won't be starting until my February period. Which means I'll be kicking everything off early to mid February! 

• Hi everyone! Jumping in here and wishing everyone success with their February cycle! 
    A little bit of a background and ***trigger warning***....

I am starting a brand new IVF/FET cycle this month, with an FET hopefully in February, so going to join this board unless I find out otherwise. I've been through this once before, one retrieval and two FET cycles that resulted in my 2 year old son. We used our last remaining embryo last January and it didn't take, so here I am now preparing for a new retrieval. Currently on progesterone for a few more days, then I start stims and get my schedule. I'm anxious and nervous all over again and hoping for success this time around. Looking forward to chatting with lots of you through this process. These boards were so helpful to me emotionally when I was going through this 3 years ago :smiley:
    ***bfp & child warning***

7 rounds of Chlomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - February/March 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!!
    DS - Born January 2017
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN   :(
    IVF #2 - January 2019 
    FET #2 - date TBD
  • Hi Everyone, I'm pretty new to the boards. But I am starting IVF at the end of this month/Feb. I still feel pretty new to all of this. We had fertility testing done in the summer leading to MFI diagnosis and recommendation for IVF. We have been ttc since 2014. **TW** I miscarried at 10 weeks in November 2017. It was a blighted ovum. 
    I am currently on BC and will probably be starting stims 26 January. 

@ellemarie7 I am sorry to hear your news from November. 

@anais3500 it sounds like we have had similar recommendations. DH has been on vitamins for 6 months and with a September SA all of his numbers improved which we were super happy about. I am meeting with my IVF consultant at the end of next week when my next period starts. I hope your next scan is not painful, I also struggled a little with the HSG. Fortunately DH was with me and held my hand. 

I look forward to going on this journey with you ladies. Wishing everyone luck and baby dust. 
  • @ellemarie7 I'm sorry to hear of your failed cycle. I don't have any experience with the medications (except metformin) or the plans your doctor outlined, but hoping someone here can chime in. I'm also doing keto and hoping it won't be too difficult while also going through stims. 

@anais3500 happy belated birthday! I'm your neighbor from NYC I also just turned 35 (GASP) 2 weeks ago. So great that your insurance covers IVF...it's so dang expensive! 

@ACAC25 i'm sorry about your miscarriage :disappointed:. Prayers this is a successful cycle for you! 
    ***bfp & child warning***

7 rounds of Chlomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - February/March 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!!
    DS - Born January 2017
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN   :(
    IVF #2 - January 2019 
    FET #2 - date TBD