April 2019 Moms
Options

Randoms 12/31

Re: Randoms 12/31

• Options
    @gollygeeitsamy is it just standard like, Target/Old Navy stuff? Or is it like, chi-chi boutiquey clothes? Target and Old Navy stuff I would put into lots and try to sell on FB market place or Offer Up. If it's fancy designer stuff I would look for specific resale groups for that brand/designer.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    lilpotatomamalilpotatomama member
    edited January 2019
    I went from one sickness to another. First a cough that had my back hurting so badly I couldn’t stop crying, now a stomach virus. I give up on trying to stay active here until my body gives me a damn break! At least little girl is kicking and rolling around, and is happy even though I’m miserable. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I second the sudden "holy crap April is only 3 months away," feeling.

Also second what @MRDCle suggested, @gollygeeitsamy, and I'll add, do you have any specific mom groups or community sales that you could send your clothes to?  Around here there is a spring/fall mom and kid consignment sale that you can sign up as a "vendor," and send your items labeled and priced.  They handle all the sales and then cut you a check.

Aww, hope you're back to normal soon, @lilpotatomama!

As for me... I'm eating cheesecake out of the pan while my son takes a tubby because his bottom is ridiculously sore for some reason.  I'm trying to slowly do house chores and sorting since we've been gone two days and I feel anxious about the chaos, but I have zero energy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry I posted an ran, it’s been an absolutely insane week. My parents are moving now because my dad lost his job last year and still hasn’t found one. It’s too expensive to live in the Bay Area on just my moms salary so they are going to rent out the house for full price. We are literally only paying $500 a month so it makes sense when they can easily get $4500 a month for this place. If my dad does find a job by the end of this month he said we don’t have to move but I’m not comfortable not making a plan b if it doesn’t happen. 

@thatbaintforbetty yea April feels like it’s next week. The March BMB already has a birth announcement. I’m not mentally ready for labor yet  :(
  • Options
    Sept BMB is up  :open_mouth:
  • Options
    @harveyisaboysname - ugh. Yeah I mean I see how that makes sense for them, but you definitely need to have a plan in place. Hopefully your aunt gets her act together.
  • Options
    @ysotte I FEEL YOUR PAIN. Apartment hunting is the pits. It's so time-consuming and stressful. I hope you find something soon!
    We may have finally found a place but we still haven't signed the lease (even though we've already given notice at to the place we are currently living) and I don't think I'll be able to sleep (haha like that's physically possible) until we finish this process.

As for everyone else freaking out about how soon April is, I am also feeling that. We still have literally bought nothing and this is our first child, so we have nothing (ok, well some friends have promised us some of their hand-me-downs in the form of baby carriers and cloth diapers...) And given that we're moving, we haven't done any prep for space arrangements.

I keep trying to keep calm with the mantra that I've heard from various people that all you really need to start out with are a carseat, a bunch of cloths, a few clothes, some blankets, and a box to put the baby in ...right? something like that????
  • Options
    An email just went out from out HR stating all citrus fruit must be eaten in the break room. Aside from it just being weird to me to actually email about that, I’m pretty sure I’m the only who does it since I generally grab my snack and go back to my desk to continue working. 

I know it’s probably not personal and somebody probably has an allergy or something (which not sure how being in the break room would help) but the tired and hormonal side of me is super annoyed by it all. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    @mesweettea yes. Newborns need VERY little. A way to feed them (boobs/bottle), a safe place to sleep (bassinet, crib, anything with a firm flat surface where they can sleep alone), safe carseat to transport them, and clothes/diapers. DON'T PANIC!
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty How odd.  I just finished eating a mandarin orange at my desk as I read that.  We have a lot of those types of emails go out but about perfume, then one about hairspray or something, hand lotion, lysol wipes to clean your desk....ugh.  I know there are a lot of people sensitive to smells but holy moly.  I once got talked to because the dryer sheets I used for my clothes was too strong.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @mermaidca what’s funny is I’m totally sensitive about smells. I even peel the mini oranges/clementines in the break room so that the peels and mess aren’t at my desk. 

Also I’m not even over near the main floor of employees, my cubicle is tucked back separate from most of the office. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    @thatbaintforbetty, @mermaidca, damn. I have a scentsy at my desk. but I work w/ a bunch of retired military men, who I'm pretty sure would second-guess someone's masculinity if they bitched about something like a scentsy. the most controversial thing in this office is the thermostat. some old (and very chauvinistic) asshole has monopolized it, forcing everyone else to wear parkas and handwarmers at their desks. he's a fucking dick.

speaking of work, though. I am not in management, but I have to sit on an interview panel for one of our contractors who has applied for a full-time position w/ us. but his whole resume is LITERALLY a copy/paste job of the preferred qualifications from the job posting. he didn't even provide work history. i don't even know how this guy got even a temp position w/ us.  
  • Options
    @batmama31 at my old firm one of the newer associates (maybe 30ish years old and a super hipster) had one of those diffuser misty things in his office but he chose a super off putting scent for it.  We all complained about that one haha!!  Annoying about the thermostat.  I love it hot so no matter the temp I'm usually wearing a shawl of some kind but that's ridiculous.  I love reading people's resumes.  It amazes me how anyone gets a job with them.  Or if employers even read them.  Good luck with that!
  • Options
    @harveyisaboysname we live in the north Bay Area and are stuck in our housing. Very grateful for it but paying $2200 for a 2 bedroom cabin and no way to move to a bigger space. It’s half our income. Looking for jobs starting in summer to move to the east coast or Midwest where we could buy a 4-5 bedroom house for less than we are renting now. 

@gollygeeitsamy we were in the same situation. I bundled in large lots and sold at $25-30 per size range. It’s made about $125 so far. I have three bags to go. I post on Facebook marketplace. 
  • Options
    A bit off the subject (but it's randoms!), but we currently live in a 'burb of Salt Lake (pretty far away 'burb) so the cost of housing is LOW......but we are moving to LA next year. I'm so terrified of how poor we are going to be!!
  • Options
    @rennie1108 ...yeah, I think that transition to LA housing is gonna kinda suck. We moved from the Bay Area so honestly a lot of stuff seemed cheap or kinda reasonable, but objectively it’s not at all. A lot of LA landlords like to ask for proof of income that’s 3x the rent and I can’t decide whether that is an unreasonable demand or whether it’s like “oh yeah, it would be nice if we were only spending a third of our income on rent, wouldn’t it?” But also, there’s a ton of geographic variation, so depending on exactly where you need to/want to be, I’m sure you’ll figure something out. 

@MRDCle thanks for the consolation! No panicking here...yet...hopefully...
  • Options
    Wasnt sure where to throw this at so I'll put it here. I found out today that I'm Rh-negative and I'm going to need to get a RhoGAM vaccine soon and another while in the hospital. Anyone else deal with Rh-incompatability between them and their little one?

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @pheonix92885 I’m RH- too. I don’t remember if I got a second shot after DD was born ( I don’t remember her blood type either so can’t answer that) but its just a quick shot I think in the butt. I have to get mine in a few weeks with this one too. Sounds scary when you first learn about it but it’s just an easy shot 
  • Options
    Glad that I'm not the only one doing some "holy crap" thinking about April. DH keeps assuring me that we have plenty of time to get ready so I just attempted to put him into panic mode by telling him just how close to 100 days out we are.

This kind of just made me panic a little bit more and I'm not actually sure that it did the same for DH. 
  • Options
    I’ve been locked out of the bump for what seems like weeks! I hope everyone had a good holiday season! I’m secretly happy they’re over! Enjoying catching up!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @phoenix92885 I’m also RH- and my DD is RH+. I got the shot twice, during pregnancy and right after birth. I think since she was positive they checked my blood for the antibodies afterward and then gave me the second shot. It wouldn’t have been needed if she was RH-. My doctor said the shot is more to prevent future RH+ babies you might conceive from developing RH disease than for this current baby. My first Rhogam shot for this pregnancy will happen next week.
  • Options
    @kangstadt thanks! I’m already feeling much better and guessing I didn’t actually have a stomach virus like I thought. Weirdly, a glass of oj set me off, even though I’ve been drinking it multiple times a week since getting pregnant. Pregnancy never fails to confuse me. 

I got nervous reading through all of these comments about April coming soon, but now I just feel so much more motivated. I feel motivated to continue organizing, to make those big baby purchases, and get to work on doing the baby-related reading I’ve been wanting to do. Since I won’t be in school full time this semester, I’m also hoping to be more active here on TB. I get a little bummed sometimes when I see other bmbs overflowing with posts! I feel like I always happen to be offline when our board really gets going, and then it’s impossible to catch up with the conversation at that point. 
  • Options
    I had an appointment today since my new insurance started yesterday and the GD+the insulin requires pretty constant monitoring. 

Apparently my kids are freaking energizer bunnies. At every appointment with DD and this one so far they comment on just how extremely active the baby is. Like far above the normal level. 

So the feeling that she’s constantly punching me on the inside is because she is actually constantly punching me in the inside according to the doc. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    @thatbaintforbetty I wonder if they’ll tell me the same thing at my appointment. My LO is really quiet for about a day at a time, just soft movements here and there, and then she goes NUTS for at least 3 days straight. Today she was kicking me so hard that it actually hurt for the first time, and I’m not sure if she was rolling, but I kept feeling this weird, wavy movement that made me super nauseous. 
  • Options
    @lilpotatomama could be the baby flipping. This one is now breech and the doc said she’s probably doing it every couple of minutes based on how active she seems to be. 

I’m getting more and more okay with the thought of this being the last kid. Everyone told me when I voiced the thought that the second could be just as crazy/hyperactive as the first that the second would probably be the totally chill kid. Apparently I don’t have “chill kids”, lol.  Honestly I don’t think we could handle 3 at this level. I’m actually a little scared that we will have 2 with this amount of crazy energy.  
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    @thatbaintforbetty I hadn’t thought about it being flipping. I’m grateful for every movement, but she seems to prefer the movements that are the most uncomfortable for me. Flipping, rolling, and my absolute least favorite: kicking as close to my butthole as possible. 
  • Options
    I can't tell anyone I actually know yet, so I'm going to say it here. My sister just found out that she is pregnant. That's all 4 of us pregnant at the same time! We've got due dates in April, July, August and September. And we live in 4 different states. My parents are going to have a very busy summer. 

Regarding RH factor, I'm RH negative. DH, DD and I are all O- blood types and despite basically knowing that this baby will be too, I still had to have the rhogam shot with both pregnancies. I guess they can't just take my word for it that DH is the father or that he's O-, so for liability purposes they have to give me the shot. (I'm going to have it 3 times this time around because they have it to me back in first tri when I was having the subchorionic hemorrhaging.)
  • Options
    Anyone else have parents or inlaws already asking about scheduling/reserving their post-baby visits? I'm not due til the end of April and it's way too early to tell if he'll be early, on time, or late.  I'm not a magic 8 ball!
  • Options
    +1 to April feeling very soon! Feeling unprepared to be bringing home a baby, and nervous about getting everything wrapped up at work. Only a little panicked. 

Another RH- here after spending my life thinking I was A+. Somehow my RH+ parents produced two RH- children
  • Options
    @tmblickley nope but now I think I should give my mom a heads up that I would appreciate the help this time. 

MIL will say she wants to help but be unable to actually help other than wanting to see the baby. She’ll actually be more overwhelmed than usual because we’ll have a harder time helping her with FIL. Also, shit, BFing in front of dementia-y FIL is gonna get awkward quickly...and he has a tendency to wander into rooms that I’ve hidden in for BFing.
  • Options
    @MRDCle- YAY! I love when the new board comes up, feels like a new milestone

@thatbaintforbetty - I think that is pretty weird. I get things like Fish at your desk but citrus fruit? A girl needs a healthy snack! Our work has NO rules on food and we have a large cafeteria with awesome food and everyone tends to eat at their desks. The smells can be a bit overwhelming around lunch time! 

@Mermaidca- ok that is a little extreme! lysol wipes and dryer sheets!? do you work for a small company? thats a bit micro-managed. 

@pheonix92885 RH- here too. I already had my shot due to some early bleeding. Last time I didn't get the 2nd shot at the hospital since DD was the same blood type as me. Its super easy and not a big deal at all (unless you really hate shots) 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    @fuzzywombat that just means your parents, while both RH+, carry the RH- recessive gene. RH+ happens in people whose genes are DD, Dd. Your parents are both Dd and there was a 25% chance that you would have dd (RH-). If you and your partner are dd + DD, you will always have RH+ children. If you and your partner are dd + Dd there is a 50/50 chance for either RH+ or RH-. 
  • Options
    Another RH- here.  H is RH+ so I got a shot before the babies were born and one after, easy peasy, no different than any other shot I've had.  Mine was in my arm and I had no side effects or soreness at all.  Today I have my GD glucose screen (boo) and I was also given a form to check my RH antibodies.  The nurse was saying that obviously my blood type hasn't changed but your antibodies can change.  Would that mean I might not need the shot if the antibodies are different?  Maybe I'll ask at my appointment!

@chrissdee congrats to your family!!!  How fun is that!?  It will be nice to be able to have that wealth of knowledge as you're all going through similar stages!

@kosmo86 yes, different offices for both the lysol wipes and the dryer sheets, but both were less than 30 people in the office so everyone was in everyone else's business.  If you want to buy me different laundry supplies then go for it.  Maybe I'm being a bit insensitive. 
  • Options
    @gollygeeitsamy thanks. I understand how it can happen we were all just surprised :-)
    @mermaidca yeah, I believe you’ll only get the shot if you haven’t developed Rh antibodies.  If you have, they’ll monitor the baby for Rh disease
  • Options
    Anyone else have parents or inlaws already asking about scheduling/reserving their post-baby visits? I'm not due til the end of April and it's way too early to tell if he'll be early, on time, or late.  I'm not a magic 8 ball!
    My mom is the only one who has mentioned coming to visit, but she's pretty chill and is going to wait to book her flight until I give birth. Then that'll give me and DH a few days to just be with the baby. I'm sure I'll want my mom after that :) 
  • Options
    lyse01lyse01 member
    edited January 2019
    Rant: my kitchen sink is clogged and I can’t wash the giant stack of dishes cluttering my countertops and plungers, hot water, and Drano have all failed to make a difference. Except that now I have twice as much standing water. Gah! 

Edited because DH is now helping solve the problem and I’m less interested in placing blame on him.
  • Options
    @mermaidca I used to do this kind of antibody testing as a job- @fuzzywombat is right, they will only give the Rh shot if you haven’t developed Rh antibodies. The Rh shots are thankfully very effective, and are comparatively cheap for the level of protection they give against something that used to be pretty devastating. There are other less common blood antibodies that can be made, with varying clinical/delivery implications, so they’ll screen both Rh+ and Rh- women each pregnancy. It’s part of the reason they usually run a blood type at least once per pregnancy even if you have one on file with your OB! 
  • Options
    Thanks @lin0442!  Science is so amazing.
  • Options
    @tmblickley Yeah, my MIL lives only an hour away and often comes into town for doctor visits, plus FIL works just down the street from us, so she is way free to come by when baby is born and I would like her to have grandma-granddaughter dates, especially when I have appointments. I read several other soon-to-be moms talking about their issues with their parents and in-laws wanting too much time either in the hospital or post partum. My mother lives out of state so I know we won't run into hurt feelings of "you're coming over too often" with her, but my MIL would for sure feel hurt over a conversation like that. So to establish our expectations and boundaries right away, DH and I talked about what we want first, then we talked to my MIL.

This is what the conversation came to: my MIL is going to be there when I am admitted in the hospital. She will not be in the room while I'm pushing or for the next preferably 2 hours after baby is born, she can either wait in the waiting room or find something else to do around town. She's welcome to visit before we're discharged from the hospital. Once we are discharged, DH, baby, and I will be going to her house until my husband's week of leave is up, at which point we will go home.
    We decided to go to my MIL's rather than having her come to us because I can manage my stress a lot better outside of my home.
    We have very good relationships with my husband's parents.
  • Options
    so my friend just posted a tentative baby shower date for feb 16. and asked if they could hold it at my house (of all possible venues, my house is the cheapest, and most crowd-friendly, so I don't mind at all & she's going to have my husband help prep/clean up), but that is only FIVE weekends away & we have SOOO much to do around here to prep for hosting a party!! so I'm officially shitting bricks. 

we need to clean up the backyard, which hasn't been touched since probably last july. we need to replace our living room carpet, and I need to deep clean EVERYWHERE, b/c there are people on the invite list who will want to "tour the home." *ugh* oh- and we'll need to repair our half bath toilet  :s