August 2019 Moms
Options

The Great Big Thread of Names

1234568»

Re: The Great Big Thread of Names

• Options
    aecmaecm member
    @denma2015 - I switched my maiden name to a second middle name, and then we used it for DD’s first name. So I don’t think it’s weird at all! That said, the name was a pretty popular girl’s name from the ‘60s-80s, but you really don’t hear it at all anymore. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @emqbee Hazel was our choice if it was a girl :) We were all set, I have so many girls in my family that I 100% thought it would be a girl. Well, we were excited and surprised to hear that he's a boy, but I'm still a little bummed I don't get a Hazel. That was my great-grandma's name, and she unfortunately passed last summer at the age of 94. I would have loved to honor her!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @denma2015 - I love the idea of the maiden name as a middle name. My middle name (which I kept after marriage) is my mother's maiden name and I'm very close to her side of the family ... my maiden name is shit so I didn't/won't do the same with my daughters, but I love the concept and think it flows nicely with Marisol (which - FWIW - I absolutely love).
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Options
    emqbeeemqbee member
    Aghhhhh! @flagchic you are the ONLY person I’ve talked to that has ever even considered using that name. I think it’s beautiful. And I really hope it just...matches her when she’s born!
  • Options
    @emqbee I absolutely love the name- it's vintage and unique but not too far out there. I get worried too that the name won't match the face when he's here.... but it's funny how after awhile, the baby starts to fit the name or vice versa, to where you can't imagine them NOT with that name!
  • Options
    emqbeeemqbee member
    Yes! Vintage! I like that description. I feel like it’s old but not too old ladyish. And if you’ve landed on a name that you love, then it just can’t be wrong!