February 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms 11/26-11/30

13»

Re: Weekly randoms 11/26-11/30

• Options
    @cmjenkies Those look so good! I enjoy sewing, but apparel intimidates me to no end. That dress looks like something that would be on the Featured page on Etsy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cmjenkies you have some serious skills! Maybe now is a good time to make an Etsy shop?!

@grebretso it’s so awesome haha.  But the other day I was literally on a packed subway train with my belly legit in a mans face like almost touching it that’s how crowded train was and he still didn’t stand. Ahhhh, good ol NYC lol
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @danixbanani24 rude!! I had just ran up a really steep hill because my bus was early, I saw it when I was halfway up and oh man. I can't run anymore, I swear almost died. When I got on the bus (which was packed, of course), I held on to a hand rail with both hands, gasping for air. If nobody had offered a seat to a pregnant lady looking that miserable, something would have been seriously wrong! I also would have probably asked for a seat tbh. There's no way I was standing on legs made of jelly! 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @cmjenkies girl. Friend. That looks amazing! You have serious talent. I cant even sew a hand towel. Zero skill on my part. Do you sell your stuff? You should!
  • Options
    @grebretso I ran for the express bus this morning too and nearly died lol breathing is no longer fun 
  • Options
    @cmjenkies - goodness. That sounds like a very emotionally trying night. I wish I could give you a hug (and a glass of wine!). 

Those pieces you've made are BEAUTIFUL. That dress... I bought many “boutique brand” dresses that look just like that. You’ve got talent, girlfriend. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @cmjenkies that hoodie is amazing!! Do an Etsy shop for sure!!
    @ginger1228 I'm feeling a bit better, but still one more transfusion next week. If my numbers don't go up enough I will need another one before baby b/c they won't do a c-section unless my numbers are a certain level.

My Dr. also has me seeing a general surgeon b/c my umbilical hernia is worse than thought- so they want to see if it can be fixed at time of c-section. B/c healing from a c-section isn't hard enough. But at least I would have a week of help from med staff etc and no toddler to give me a bit of a start?
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    A coworker just sneezed and covered his mouth with his hands, then proceeded to grab a chocolate from the front desk bowl with his fingers. There’s a spoon in that bowl. My eyes are shooting daggers right now. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso GROSS. This is why I am such a germaphobe. People are gross and can’t handle basic hygiene!
  • Options
    Oh that’s terrible, @grebretso. I’d also dump it and make a scene 🤷🏼‍♀️
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    This guy also does not wash his hands after using the restroom (I know because I’ve heard the flush and then seen him come out two seconds later), so I already don’t touch anything he’s near, but ugh. Why is it so hard for some people???
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @cmjenkies damn, you are really talented!  Can’t wait to see what you make once your work area is up and running.  You should definitely sell or consign at local shops or sell thru Etsy.  
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 Yep! Hey, it could be worse though. At least the guy who carried a dirty snot rag in his hand everywhere - and would blow his nose while talking to you wayyy in your personal space - retired last year!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @kayjay44 - I am with you on the breakdown, lady. Hang in there!
  • Options
    Yay @kayjay44! I mean, yay for sign of life, not yay for the rest. I hope you can get some much needed and well earned rest this weekend. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @kayjay44 hope you can get some rest soon!! 
  • Options
    @kayjay44 Glad to hear that you're okay, but not glad to hear that life has been tough. Take care of yourself, and we'll see you when you come back!
  • Options
    okayestmom12okayestmom12 member
    edited November 2018
    @kayjay44 - hopefully you can get some rest this weekend!
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    @kayjay44 so glad you’re okay!! Thinking about you ❤️
  • Options
    Y’all are too flattering. I’ve been teaching myself for a couple of years and am definitely a work in progress. Dresses take me for-ev-er to finish and they’re still a bit rough if you’re looking for beautiful inside seams.. but the play clothes are a bit faster and functional. Fabric is just expensive. I have done a few customs to order but there are a ton of compliance laws when it comes to openly selling handmade children’s clothes in a business (like on Etsy) in regards to safety and fabric content. The mom-made market can be brutal.  :D
  • Options
    Oh man @cmjenkies I am so sorry that you’re going through such a tumultuous time. I can’t imagine what that must be like and wish I could send you lots of hugs! P.s. your work is beautiful!

@kayjay44 glad to hear from you! Take your time, but know we’ve been thinking about you!
  • Options
    Needless to say, I overdid it yesterday again and I’m struggling today. Thankfully DH took the bigs out to run errands so I could sleep and try not to puke in peace. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    @kayjay44 you poor thing. You’ve had such a rough go. I hope things start looking up for you soon!! Nice you got a break today
  • Options
    I have had a day and a half starting with my ahole downstairs neighbor coming up to our door at 8am to say there’s a leak in his living and “did someone spill something” oh yes I forgot I dumped out my iron old fashioned wash basin in my living room - jackass!  Long story short leak is NOT from us and it’s from the top floor so hahahahaha

then DS is coughing like a maniac again all day with a horrible cold and while trying to put him down for a nap he pukes absolutely everywhere.  Awesome.  Happy Sunday!
  • Options
    @danixbanani24 ugh that sounds awful. Your neighbor really seems to have it out for you. Sorry your son is sick, I hope he gets better soon! 
  • Options
    @danixbanani24 - So sorry your son is sick. Maybe he should answer the door to that neighbor though from now on haha!  🥵
  • Options
    @bourbonbiscuits I’ll have to get on an actual laptop today or tomorrow to see. There’s nothing in my inbox on the app and last time I tried to log in mobile but not app I still couldn’t join the group.  :(
  • Options
    It’s been hitting me this last week. Like I was starting to worry that I was too small and something was wrong. Nope I’ve suddenly gotten very uncomfortable. 
  • Options
    cali1710cali1710 member
    edited December 2018
    @lzzfrancisco right?! I cant imagine how much bigger ill get. I’m already soooo uncomfortable. Fml

@madreofdragons i was feeling the same. I havent gained nearly as much with these twins as i did with DD. I gained almost 60lbs with her and so far I’m only at 25. But the last week I've gotten so much bigger that I’m  regretting feeling worried.. 
  • Options
    changadeechangadee member
    edited December 2018
    Add me to the uncomfortable list. I need three huge pillows and a fan pointed directly at me to sleep. And even then I get maybe 1.5 hours at a time in between bathroom trips... But if it all adds up to a decent amount, say 5-6 hours at least, I can live. So I'll count myself lucky still.
  • Options
    @cmjenkies - I too was invited and never saw any invite in my inbox through any method. You don’t need to use that though. On a laptop/desktop (because it did not work for me on mobile), go to the Groups section and there should be a “join” button next to February 2019 Moms. That’s how I finally got in!
  • Options
    @cmjenkies - I re-invited you. Let’s see if that helps!! 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19