Re: Dec 2018 FET

• Good luck, @lindsjacobs!
    Me: 35 DH: 28
    TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
    Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
    October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
    29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
    Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
    12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
    2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
    ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
    Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
    12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Our journey has come to an end.
    ~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~
  • @ChristenMA83 Thank you that makes me feel better mine was a 9 on Monday will find out what it has gone up to tomorrow. 
    @roisis They did an ultrasound and didn’t find anything he is chalking it up to Being over sensitive( I had a DNC for chronic endometritis right before my cycle)
    @ AlohaKumu hoping that is the case thank you 

Has anyone else been extra hormonal this time? it has been a year since my last failed transfer but I sure do not remember being this emotional with my last 2 transfers!

• Loading the player...
  • purplg8rpurplg8r member
    edited December 2018
    @lindsjacobs yay!  So excited for you!!

@ittybittybug-2 welcome!  Congrats on your two little ones!

@kimberlyshae I’m doing pineapple (started day of FET)

@zamora_spin so close!!
  • @purplg8r congrats on being PUPO!! Hoping for an easy TWW lady
    @lindsjacobs good luck today!!! 
    @kimberlyshae TOMORROW!!!!! I do the pineapple core, because why not. Make sure you take it on an empty stomach in the morning, otherwise it just acts as a digestive aid and your body does not absorb the enzyme that helps the implantation as well. 
    @ittybittybug-2 Welcome! So sorry to hear about your loss, but that is great that you have two normal girlies to transfer! I just started my first natural cycle right now, also had a recent loss in September (but that was not PGS tested) - so standing shoulder to shoulder with you girl 

Anyone on here taken Provera before? I just used it for the first time to induce AF, and it worked like a charm, but my AF only lasted two days. It's usually more like 4, so now of course I am worried that this was like a withdrawal bleed and doesn't count at the true start of my cycle. They did not even have me come in for a baseline scan this cycle since I am not using any meds yet
  • @lindsjacobs GL today!! Let us know how it goes!

@ittybittybug-2 welcome! I am doing a natural stimulation cycle but chose to use PIO over endometrin. Hoping it works for you!!

@leilee101 I’ve been on provera; it is just a withdrawal bleed but it counts, just like a withdrawal bleed on BCPs would. Same thing. Plus If lining was thinner the bleed might be less 
  • @beachbunnyxo123 Thank you! that's what I was thinking but I like running things by you guys, helps put my mind at ease 
  • @leilee101 I have taken provera a couple times and always had very short 2-3 day cycles. Was told It is normal!
  • @leilee101 totally get you I run things past for reassurance too no problem at all! When do they have you coming in for a scan?
  • @leilee101 Thanks for the tip!  Do you eat the whole pineapple or just the core?I know your supposed to cut it into fifths but I wasn't sure if you were supposed to eat the whole thing.

Me: 34  DH: 36

Married: 6 years

TTC: 6 years

Diagnosis: Male Factor

4 Failed I.U.I's with Clomid in 2017 

Retreival #1: 12/17= 9 eggs, 6 fertilized, 2 frozen 5dp

Fresh Transfer #1: 12/17- BFN

FET #1: 3/18- CP   Beta #1= 30 & Beta #2= 26

Retreival #2: 6/18= 16 eggs, 10 fertilized, 5 frozen 6dp

FET #2: 7/18 - M/C at 9 weeks    Beta #1= 229 & Beta #2= 444

FET #3: scheduled for 12/7/18  M/C at 7 weeks  :'(  Beta #1 = 50, Beta # 2 = 115, Beta #3 = 301

FET #4:  scheduled for 8/16/19

• Did you ladies know that you can do PIO shots instead of the vaginal progesterone?  You just have to do the shots once a day.  I just found that out from my nurse and she said the PIO shots are the better way to go.  Just wanted to let y'all know that because I had no idea.  I'm switching today because I found out the cost of my Endometrin is going up to $700 and baby girl can't afford that!

Me: 34  DH: 36

Married: 6 years

TTC: 6 years

4 Failed I.U.I's with Clomid in 2017 

Retreival #1: 12/17= 9 eggs, 6 fertilized, 2 frozen 5dp

Fresh Transfer #1: 12/17- BFN

FET #1: 3/18- CP   Beta #1= 30 & Beta #2= 26

Retreival #2: 6/18= 16 eggs, 10 fertilized, 5 frozen 6dp

FET #2: 7/18 - M/C at 9 weeks    Beta #1= 229 & Beta #2= 444

FET #3: scheduled for 12/7/18  M/C at 7 weeks  :'(  Beta #1 = 50, Beta # 2 = 115, Beta #3 = 301

FET #4:  scheduled for 8/16/19

• @roisis Thanks for the warm welcome. I don't drink much eggnog, but we do usually have Irish coffee on Christmas morning... and mimosas, and hot spiced wine an wassail on 

@kimberlyshae Probably just 1 unless my RE recommends otherwise. I don't think I want to risk them both on the same transfer in case my body is the problem.

@lindsjacobs Good luck!! Lovely-looking embryo!

• AlohaKumuAlohaKumu member
    edited December 2018
    Nice looking embryo, @lindsjacobs

I’ve done the PIO for all three FETs, @kimberlyshae. Some medical practices have preferences for one or the other, but most are fine as long as your levels are okay. Just be prepared for big needles, bruising, and knots!

ETA autocorrect strikes again!
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
  • zamoraspinzamoraspin member
    edited December 2018
    @kimberlyshae FYI There's likely to be a generic version of your prescription for much lower cost if you want to stick with the suppositories. Talk to your pharmacy/clinic. I know the "name brand" of what I was prescribed is $700 but the same pharmaceutical company makes a generic (that looks identical) and is about $70 for a 30 day supply (using 2 a day, I know some people are prescribed 3 per day). I have every now and again seen someone prefer the PIO over suppositories but I think most folks would rather do the suppositories than deal with the PIO - it's not as easy to administer as stim meds because it's IM, not sub-cutaneous. It leads to soreness and bruising, like @AlohaKumu said. 
  • @lindsjacobs what a cute embie! Congrats again 
    @kimberlyshae I usually eat the whole pineapple to not waste it, but it’s the core that is the really concentrated enzyme, bromelain. And yes cut it in 5th and eat some every morning. And I’ve only done PIO..but I much prefer it over suppositories. I never found any side effects with PIO.. no bruising or lumps really, usually don’t even feel the needle go in. I’ve seen some people have a hard time with it tho.. personal preference I suppose. 

• How is everyone feeling tonight?
    Me: 38 DH: 38
    Married: 10 years
    TTC: 10 years
    Open Embryo Adoption #1: B/G Twins 2014 (Transferred 3 untested embryos and had twins. 35.5 weeks. Natural birth.)
    Open Embryo Adoption #2: Singleton 2017 (Transferred 1 PGS hatching blast female and had singleton at 40 weeks. Home/water birth.)
    Semi-Open/Closed Embryo Adoption #3: FET 12/6/18 (1 PGS hatching blast male)
    HPT: Positive 2DP 6DT (Took test in the evening but line didn't appear until 10-15 minutes after taking test)
    HPT: Positive 3DP 6DT. (Took test in the evening and line appeared immediately though still the same strength as previous day).

ing)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

• edited December 2018
    @kimberlyshae I’m doing PIO instead of endometrin. I had some left over and it was cheaper since we are all OOP for meds/treatment. 

@lindsjacobs  your emby is a beaut!  Will you test before beta?

Edit- post got cut off 
  • @lindsjacobs great looking embabie! hope you're doing well today. 
    @kimberlyshae GL today!  (I'm doing PIO and as much as I am not a fan of needles/shots I think I much prefer it over suppositories.)

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @kimberlyshae I hope everything goes well today!
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
  • @kimberlyshae at my RE, you have to do the PIO until you are 12 weeks (or until you just handle it anymore and then she’ll switch you to suppositories).  But @AlohaKumu is right—be prepared for soreness after. I think I’m in the minority and prefer the suppository.  (The injection isn’t bad but I feel like I got hit by something in that area for about 36 hours.  And most nights I have to give the injection to myself and it’s hard to do because of location)
  • @leilee101, thank you! When is your transfer set for? How are you feeling?
    Open Embryo Adoption #1: B/G Twins 2014 (Transferred 3 untested embryos and had twins. 35.5 weeks. Natural birth.)
    Open Embryo Adoption #2: Singleton 2017 (Transferred 1 PGS hatching blast female and had singleton at 40 weeks. Home/water birth.)
    HPT: Positive 2DP 6DT (Took test in the evening but line didn't appear until 10-15 minutes after taking test)
    HPT: Positive 3DP 6DT. (Took test in the evening and line appeared immediately though still the same strength as previous day).

ing)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

• @beachbunnyxo123, thank you! I will test day 3. This was a Day 6 hatched blast like my last transfer and I got a + day 3 in the evening. When are you doing your transfer?

ing)

• @Avrilmai
    My doc has me on PIO and suppositories. 

ing)

• The suppositories leak and literally make me smell like burnt rubber😂 PIO is way easier even though I get terrible bruising and hard lumps

ing)

• @purplg8r
    exactly. I hate waking my husband up at 6am to do the injections, so I end up stabbing myself and it’s like a blood bath every single time😆

ing)

• @lindsjacobs I’m doing a natural cycle so no set date yet, but I’m guesstimating that transfer will be some time right after Xmas based on how my cycles usually go
  • @lindsjacobs I think the burnt rubber thing is pio  :D I’ve noticed the smell when I pee, woof. fx for you!

@AlohaKumu yas girl hoping for all the twinges and good news!!! Def not from the PIO though! 
  • @leilee101, time will fly by with the holidays! That's great!!

ing)

• Good news today lining was  9.75  and doc said it looked great. Scheduled for our transfer 12/14! We even convinced our RE to put back 2. Fingers crossed we all get our Christmas miracles!!
  • Hi Ladies! I'm having my first FET this month. I'm not sure what this process is like. All I know is I can't be on birth control and I have to call my office on CD1. Generally, how long is this process from CD1 to transfer day? I know it varies. There are less shots and office visits then during sims right? 
  • @lwalsh87 Hi and welcome! Do you know what kind of protocol you’ll be on? If medicated I think transfer will usually be around CD20. Medicated cycles usually start with estrogen meds (usually not injectible but sometimes they are) and then move to progesterone meds when lining looks good. Progesterone is usually PIO which is an IM injection. If you’re doing a medicated cycle you’ll probably know your transfer date way in advance. Medicated cycles seem the most common.

In natural cycle transfers the patient ovulates and then a set number of days later the transfer is done. I’m doing natural cycle and my transfer date is like CD26 I think - I ovulated later than usual. I’m doing no injections with my protocol. Sometimes natural cycle transfers do involve injections though. Because natural cycle depends on ovulation date you usually don’t know as far in advance when the transfer will be as a medicated cycle.

Are you expecting CD1 soon?
  • @AlohaKumu yay for all the twinges!!!

@kimberlyshae congrats on being PUPO!!

@ruger0228 Friday will be here before you know it!

@lwalsh87 welcome!  It definitely depends on what kind of protocol you’re on. 

• Hi everyone! I'm coming here after failed transfer in November. Currently I'm on BCP and start Lupron shots on 18DEC. My transfer is tentatively on 22Jan. There is no JAN group, so I decided to join yours :). I see that a lot of girls already transferred this month and hopefully all of you get good news.
  • @dukie001 welcome!!

@lwash87 it depends on the medication protocol! Do you know what you’ll be taking?

AFM lining went from a 5.6 Tuesday to a 6.56-7.1 at its thickest point today. It’s triple layered and perfect! I’m all set for transfer tomorrow! I’m so thankful especially after how things looked last cycle when it got cancelled. Yay! 

• @beachbunnyxo123 That is awesome news!

@Avrilmai @AlohaKumu @purplg8r @lindsjacobs @kimberlyshae
    How are you PASP/PUPO holding up?
  • @beachbunnyxo123 YES! Awesome news.
    @zamora_spin I'm still doing well over here. Everything is quiet today--no twinges--but I've been pretty patient about wanting to test so far. I had to talk myself out of eating ice cream last night. I know the "no cold stuff" isn't mandatory, but I'm trying to wait until the beta to dig in. Are you starting to get excited?
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
  • Hey girls!
    I'm dealing with a lot of hormonal disbalans, and it's effects me a lot. I'm sure you all go through it, but how do you cope with it? I feel that my DH doesn't understand how all this meds effects the body and the mind and it cause a lot off problems. I'm trying to explain to him that all this medication drives me nuts, but i don't think he gets it :(  May be i"m a bitch by nature, but I don't think so...I'm trying to hide my depression from a failed transfer and be strong, but I don't think it works....I don't want it to break me down....I'm sorry i'm being a p***y here and cry.. I see a lot of strong women and see you coping with it. May be you some secrets on how you do it.