June 2019 Moms
Options

BFP after ectopic...please stick

Hey ladies, I’ve posted in the other boards but I really need some TLC. Got my BFP (big fat positive (pregnancy test)) thursday I wa so happy. It seems like as soon as I got my BFP (big fat positive all the pain began. Not only am I cramping on the side the tube was removed but my good side. My back is also hurting.  I went to the ER yesterday for pain and my hcg level was 300 at 3 weeks and 6 days. They couldn’t see anything in my uterus either. I’m so scared. My family is telling me it’s no big deal, but they haven’t been through SIDS and an ectopic. I’m very grateful for my 2 year old daughter but I love this baby too.😞. I had an HSG in June that showed the right side was clear, but even with that I know there’s a risk. I have had two successful pregnancies 2014, 2016 and have never ha problems conceiving. Has anyone else had pain in their pregnancy after ectopic ?

Re: BFP after ectopic...please stick

• Options
    Thank you so much that felt so compassionate . I have more pregnancy symptoms than last time, but last to,e I didn’t have cramps right away. I do have an OB, they scheduled me for my first appointment Tuesday morning. My OB is great and very supportive, hey encouraged us to try again because my tubes were fine. I’ll keep everyone’s posted because I know how it feels to search search and find nothing 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a possible ectopic pregnancy early last year.  I saw possible because it was never confirmed or denied.  I will say that my HCG levels did not rise like they should.  Some would double and some would not.  They did an u/s and did see SOMETHING in the uterus, but they said sometimes there can be a phantom sac in there.  I started to miscarry on my own and they were monitoring my levels as they came down. The reason they thought it might have been ectopic is because after mine had been falling a while, they randomly started going back up again.  They had to give me methotrexate to get it to go down.  All that to say that pregnancy started off strange.  Are you scheduled for another beta?
  • Options
    Yes tomorrow morning actually. The ED doctor wants me to come in. I go to see my OB Tuesday morning 
  • Options
    Quick update numbers went up to 1011 in 48 hours, US only showed CL on leftmost ovary. Going for another scan and draw Tuesday morning.
  • Options
    Still a little confused. Tech said she could see what side I ovulated from and said it’s a CL,but paperwork didn’t mention Ovarian mass
  • Options
    @Livepretty09 the CL could be what is causing the pain, from what I’ve read/heard I’ve never had one personally, so that’s good. And that’s a good increase in your hcg. I’m glad they are monitoring you so closely but just as a heads don’t be alarmed if they can’t find a baby or even a gestational sac in your uterus this week. You are still very early and it’s typically closer to 5/6 weeks before those things are present on a scan. 
  • Options
    I had horrific pain (in the ER twice) because of a CL on my left ovary. They too thought ectopic and it wasn’t until I was nearly 7 weeks that they confirmed it wasn’t - such a nervous time 😞 According to some guidelines that the scan people follow (I forget what they’re called) they don’t have to report on anything that’s within the normal range. If you’d like to follow the mass size then make sure you mention it at your next scan and ask for an update. Usually if it’s written in the clinical notes section then they’ll write about it. 
  • Options
    I’m going tomorrow to my OB for another scan and draw. I’m probably just 5 weeks and I’m not expecting to see anything but even not seeing anything is going to freak me out. Fingers crossed and prayers. All I can do is wait 
  • Options
    Livepretty09Livepretty09 member
    edited October 2018
    Update number 2: went to Drs today, they were all so kind. Of course got blood drawn but won’t have results until tomorrow. Got an US. Tech said she saw a really thick uterine lining and then saw a gestational sac.I asked about the pseudo sac and she said it didn’t look like one. She also noticed a tear in my uterus due to implantation. Nerves are still there, I don’t think ill be completely calm it’s not ectopic until I see a heart beat. 
  • Options
    @Livepretty09, if they saw a sac in the uterus, you most definitely don't have an ectopic pregnancy. I hope you can calm your nerves and I'm sorry your US wasn't calming.