May 2019 Moms

Symptoms - October

Re: Symptoms - October

• @expandcontract yes! It’s being sick for 9 months and having to pretend everything is okay. It sucks. at least it’s 2018 and we have access to comfort measures and medical help. My mom was telling me no one really knew they were pregnant until they were at least 3 months along in the 80’s. That’s the earliest they could do a blood draw! And my mom had one of the first ultrasounds in the late 70’s because there was an issue with my brother. Now we have access to boutique ultrasounds with 4D imaging. It’s crazy. It blows my mom’s mind that I knew I was pregnant days after I conceived - and I still complained about having to wait 4 days for my pregnancy test to be accurate 😂
  • @wishiwaspreggo that is so true! Plua, that sucks being sick for 3 months and not knowing if you have a baby in your tummy or a bug.  

• Loading the player...
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds @beccaneu i seriously don't remember having acne this early with my other kids.  I seriously remember not getting it until 3rd trimester.  Kid must be causing raging hormones. 
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• @jprb0630 do you feel nauseous even in the middle of the night? This is the absolute pits. I think I threw up my b6 and unisome! 
  • @thebobloblaw my practice recommends 50mg 2x/day, with 1/2 a doxylamine (unisom) at night. Make sure it's the doxylamine kind because there is a different type of sleep aid, too. 
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds @psychobutthead @beccaneu yes to the acne! My skin is so oily and I’m breaking out so bad! My skin is soft but my face is covered in zits. It definitely feels like puberty all over again!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • So my spidey sense of smell came in handy yesterday. I opened a package of mashed potatoes for my son's dinner and as soon as I caught a whiff I gagged. I noticed the top of the potatoes was oddly watery and grey. I showed my wife and asked her to taste them before I gave them to our kid. She took a bite, spit it out, and said "Yep, they're spoiled." I can smell rot from a mile away. It's pretty amazing.
    That being said - dammit, Bob Evans. Those potatoes are expensive :angry:
  • @expandcontract I feel you. I think about quitting my job daily and staying home. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @wishiwaspreggo the insensitivity of my husband sometimes regarding my nausea and exhaustion is just amazing. I spent all day puking and I was so tired and he goes "i think you might be tired because you didn't do anything all day" me- *evil glare* "you don't think it has anything to do with puking my guts out all day long?" "...I don't know" 🙄🙄🙄🙄 but if he had to go through this, he'd be in bed for 9 months. When he's sick, he turns into a 6' 250lb baby. 

(I should make a side note that I have a history of depression, and any other time his thought could've been valid--- if I'm not actively doing things, I get depressed and that starts with exhaustion.... But he was very wrong this time lol). 
  • @wishiwaspreggo there is something in my fridge that's rotten but I cant leave the door open any longer than I can hold my breath because it's so bad. I WILL throw up if I inhale.

I haven't thrown up yet, almost did a minute ago because I hadn't eaten yet and I was near the garbage. It's so hard finding things I want to eat. Lately my go to is Ritz crackers with peanut butter. Can't wait till this nausea goes away!

• lappymom2019lappymom2019 member
    edited October 2018
    @dAsch14 Men are ridiculous! My husband was complaining that is stomach hurt yesterday because he ate too much crappy food. I told him he was not allowed to complain because he doesn't know what real nausea, all day is like. 😂
  • @wishiwaspreggo the insensitivity of my husband sometimes regarding my nausea and exhaustion is just amazing. I spent all day puking and I was so tired and he goes "i think you might be tired because you didn't do anything all day" me- *evil glare* "you don't think it has anything to do with puking my guts out all day long?" "...I don't know" 🙄🙄🙄🙄 but if he had to go through this, he'd be in bed for 9 months. When he's sick, he turns into a 6' 250lb baby. 

(I should make a side note that I have a history of depression, and any other time his thought could've been valid--- if I'm not actively doing things, I get depressed and that starts with exhaustion.... But he was very wrong this time lol). 
    Is he trying to die? Real question.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @wishiwaspreggo I was totally your wife when my husband got his wisdom teeth out. He kept complaining and complaining that his mouth was in so much pain, and I assumed he was just being a baby. Turns out he had a dry socket which is THE WORST and so incredibly painful. I felt like the worst wife ever!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sleepy33 it would seem that way 😂 realistically he just has a shitty way of saying he's afraid I'm getting depressed again. He's seen it happen a lot, and it always starts with me starting to do less around the house. He spent the first few weeks of my pregnancy sure I was depressed again (because for some reason when he was home, I wasn't sick 😂). it can get really bad and it's really scary for both of us. He has made it his responsibility to detect it (because I can't always see it) and get me help if I need it... Or at least make me aware so I find ways to get out of it before it overtakes me. That's more of what he was doing, but he lacks tact. And I was just sick as hell, not depressed lol. 
  • This is a personal question: is anyone having incredibly painful sex? I have always had painful sex off and on, it's hit or miss whether it is actually enjoyable. With my last pregnancy it got better and was amazing every time all the way until the day I gave birth. I don't remember *when* it got better though and I'm in way more pain than I usually am every time. I'll obviously discuss this with my doctor, but was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. 
  • Awww, ok @eatinwatermelonseeds, then I retract my statement cause that's actually really sweet. Also, I am normally a very sexual person with a strong, eh...appetite? But when I'm pregnant, I really am the total opposite. My drive is very low, my orgasms aren't nearly as good, it's dry as the sahara down there. Which is also how I am when I'm on hormonal BC (hence I hate it, hence I don't take it anymore, hence this oops baby lol). It's 100% hormone related for me and totally normal. Buuuut it sucks. 

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @sleepy33 see, I don't have much of a libido normally. It was so much better when I was pregnant last time and I had zero pain. This time it's more painful and I never want to have sex again. 😩
  • Doctor gave me new prenatals - what a game changer! Helped with 95% of the morning sickness that I've been having (all day) and now my taste buds are much better and I can tolerate more food. Still have to rely on Milk of Magnesia once a week for the constipation issues. Dying for a Subway (toasted) sandwich right now!! So over soups lol
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds I react a lot like you, except its more anxiety less depression.  It's sweet that your husband recognizes it, even if he has terrible tact ;)  I haven't been doing much of anything around the house and I'm just finally starting to recognize that I am sinking into a bit of an anxiety-induced state of frozen.  I am so unproductive when I'm stressed, which of course snowballs and makes the stress and anxiety worse because the amount on my plate just grows.  I am having the hardest time getting moving today, I have a million things that need to be done and don't even know where to start.  My head knows that the worst thing I can do is just sit on my butt and avoid, yet I feel instantly exhausted the moment I begin anything and can't seem to convince my body to just push through.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds. Ugh. My husband made a very similar statement last night.  We are moving on Saturday and I’ve been busting my ass to try and pack all our stuff while also being under doctors orders not to lift anything heavy, which means a lot of packing a box and then not being able to move it from the spot where I packed it.  So last night my husband started in on me about how useless I was and how I hadn’t gotten enough packed and how annoying it was for him to have to move boxes around for me.  I tried explaining, again, how exhausted and nauseous I was from being pregnant and that I was doing my best to keep up with everything but just didn’t have my normal level of energy.  He actually had the nerve to say I was just making up excuses to be lazy because “It’s not like you actually have to do anything to be pregnant” and “oh, it must be so hard having a doctor’s excuse not to have to lift anything heavy”.  Dude, the only thing you’ve had to do to get ready for this move is move a few boxes each night.  It takes you like 10 minutes, but I’m the one being lazy and complaining about nothing 🙄
  • @mcewen3 I can relate to that as well. I have both. It's hard for me to tell which is acting up when. I know that's probably weird, but they both make me severely unproductive lol. 
  • @beccaneu I want to slap your husband for you.  
  • @mcewen3 I can relate to that as well. I have both. It's hard for me to tell which is acting up when. I know that's probably weird, but they both make me severely unproductive lol. 
    Not weird at all, at least to me.  I've suffered from depression in the past too, and I agree that the symptoms seem to be so similar its very difficult to tell which is.  In my recent past, the anxiety is always more prevalent, so I usually go with that.  Either way, it totally sucks.  The solution seems so simple, and yet it is SO HARD to execute
  • beccaneu said:
    @eatinwatermelonseeds. Ugh. My husband made a very similar statement last night.  We are moving on Saturday and I’ve been busting my ass to try and pack all our stuff while also being under doctors orders not to lift anything heavy, which means a lot of packing a box and then not being able to move it from the spot where I packed it.  So last night my husband started in on me about how useless I was and how I hadn’t gotten enough packed and how annoying it was for him to have to move boxes around for me.  I tried explaining, again, how exhausted and nauseous I was from being pregnant and that I was doing my best to keep up with everything but just didn’t have my normal level of energy.  He actually had the nerve to say I was just making up excuses to be lazy because “It’s not like you actually have to do anything to be pregnant” and “oh, it must be so hard having a doctor’s excuse not to have to lift anything heavy”.  Dude, the only thing you’ve had to do to get ready for this move is move a few boxes each night.  It takes you like 10 minutes, but I’m the one being lazy and complaining about nothing 🙄

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds sex was definitely uncomfortable when I said yes. Any deep insertion was super uncomfortable and I could hardly enjoy it enough to have an orgasm.  Now, I’m on pelvic rest so no sex for me until further notice. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • mcewen3mcewen3 member
    edited October 2018
    @beccaneu Oh no he didn't!  I am amazed every day at mens lack of tact and understanding towards pregnancy.  
  • @mcewen3 I hate that. Oh, just exercise, get up and shower and get dressed, leave your house and do things. That all sounds really simple, and yet I feel like I weigh ten thousand pounds and can't function. 
  • @sleepy33 @expandcontract @mcewen3 @fatmonica In fairness to him, he’s been under a lot of pressure at work and has been having to work really late hours, so it’s probably his own stress and exhaustion talking.  At least it better be because I’m not putting up with that being his attitude for the entire pregnancy.  
  • @beccaneu - That's good to know. My wife and I say nasty things to each other when we're stressed too so I get it. But still, I hope you can get him to appreciate the tremendous toll pregnancy takes on your body.
  • @loon2019 my dr suggested 1000mg Tylenol every 6 hours and adding in 25mg Benadryl. Otherwise sleep and water. It’s the worst!! Mine was about 36 hours as well 
  • @wishiwaspreggo EXACTLY!  I think it’s a real failure of our education system that so many men understand so little about what women’s bodies go through during pregnancy.  I think he’s under the impression that just because my body is taking over and doing everything it needs to do automatically that it doesn’t count as “doing something”.  It’s a shame we can’t make men experience pregnancy, because I doubt they would say those kinds of stupid things if they knew how pregnancy symptoms actually felt.
  • My husband has been on my shitlist since Monday. Long story short,  he tends to be selfish (spoiled by his family). I was so livid mad Monday but I also wasn't feeling well (SOB exhaustion) I couldn't even fight with him.  If he was anywhere near me,  I swear I would have slapped him.  Is that abusive of me? Sometimes,  I just feel like no matter how many times i try to calmly explain him to do something,  he just doesn't get it until I start screaming and then he complains that Im fighting with him. I have no energy for his behavior these days.