February 2019 Moms

U/O Thursday 9/27

You got it dude! Let’s hear them!

Re: U/O Thursday 9/27

• Loading the player...
  • I never feel the presence of a thong, but I do notice panty lines on myself and other people. So I wear them when I wear leggings and tight pants (which is pretty much always).

What I never use though: tampons. I saw people complaining about having to wear pads after birth and I really don’t mind, because that’s what I’ve been using monthly since I was 14. I’ve tried using tampons, but I constantly feel them, especially when I have a light flow (which is most of the time). I also tried a diva cup and that was even worse. Nothing goes up my vagina besides penis. And I guess a speculum now and then and a baby coming out of it. ... You know what I mean.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Ritz sandwiches with cheese are far superior to ritz sandwiches with peanut butter. COME AT ME.
    AMEN!
  • @madreofdragons I know I knowwwwwww LOL I know how unpopular my opinion is.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @danixbanani24 Agreeeed. I like the books just fine, and I read them all when they came out, but people are SHOCKED when they found out I didn’t care for the movies and only read the books once. They’re good books, but the fanatic obsession is baffling.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • This one will get me skinned alive: I don’t like popcorn. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • etnyahetnyah member
    edited September 2018
    I think that’s a great way to parent @kayjay44. It’s how I want to do it too, kids need to fail in order to learn. Hopefully I’ll be able to, because I know my knejerk reaction will be to run to the rescue if I see something about to go down.

Besides, it can make for some awesome memories as well as learning experiences! Once when camping, my brother decided to jump from rock to rock in a shallow creek. Instead of stopping him, dad got his camera ready and waited. My brother fell into the creek eventually, learned that you shouldn’t jump on slippery rocks and got a pretty hilarious picture series out of it. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • @grebretso I HATE popcorn. I hate how the kernels get stuck between my teeth, and sometimes they even get stuck between my gums and my teeth. CRINGE.
    @kayjay44 Kids are also not the center of my universe, either. I told H just yesterday that I'll love our child more than almost everything, but in the long term, I'll value my marriage to H above any other relationship that I have, including my relationship(s) to my kid(s). Obviously I'll be spending the majority of my energy on my relationship with Baby for much of the child's early years. But through it all, my H will still be my biggest supporter and I'll be his. If that's not the most important relationship I've got, then I don't know what is. And if all works out as nature intends, my kids will someday form relationships when they're adults that they'll invest more into than their relationship with me (otherwise I'll end up with Buster from Arrested Development, and I ain't got time or patience for that).
  • @grebretso I HATE popcorn. I hate how the kernels get stuck between my teeth, and sometimes they even get stuck between my gums and my teeth. CRINGE.
    That part of popcorn is awful (also if someone burns it in the microwave-yuck!) but otherwise it is wonderful. It can be a salted, buttered, caramel, cheddar, kettle corn or chocolate coated dream. I love popcorn! 
  • I do not like Divvy Bikes- or really any rental bike thing in a major congested city. I get it, they are great for people who live there. But the amount of tourists who ride them around Chicago and don't understand not riding on sidewalks, or right of way on the lakefront, or who ride super slow like 3 across ooohing and aaahing at the Sears Tower. Seriously, get out of my way! Learn to ride a bike, learn to pay attention and stop riding in the wrong lane, car lanes, whatever. and get off the path if you plan to stop at the lake. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77- Fellow Chicagoan and agree!  And they never have helmets on and I am like wtf dumbass, go commit suicide somewhere else!
  • @smallbutmighty77 - We have Ofo and Limebike and something else in Seattle. They are everywhere and so obnoxious.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• I also hate thongs and HP. I love popcorn but DH doesnt like it. I cant say Ive ever watched football (I am in canada though, its not as big here IMO) 

hmmm my UO.. ive never seen titanic. I have no interest in watching it. I know how it ends,  The ship sinks.
  • I hate HP too...I have never read any of the books or seen the movies. And totally agree about my kids not being the center of attention. It sounds like @kayjay44 you parent the same way I do. My SIL thinks I’m a horrible mom because I don’t run up and baby my son when he takes a little fall or something.

My UO is I HATE taking pictures and videos. I am horrible at remembering to do it. I mean I know I will want some for memories and I do take some of DS, but I would rather live in the moment instead of worrying about having to take 500 pictures and videos of an event.
  • @cali1710 I've also never seen Titanic! Though oddly enough I loved the film score as a child, and would play "My Heart Will Go On" on repeat on the piano, along with a bunch of the other songs (I had the entire songbook). :D
    I've seen a few clips: the floating on a piece of wood scene, the scene where they're at the front of the boat pretending to fly, and the very beginning of the movie. But I don't really care to see the rest.
  • ^yup.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• You guys are WRONG

DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • I’m just over here also not enjoying football, hating thongs (although I liked them when I was thin, but I’m fat now and they give me hip lines), loving Harry Potter and popcorn, and laughing because I will be in Chicago this weekend.. but don’t worry, I don’t come to do tourist things or rent bikes or gawk at the buildings. I’m coming for baseball, baby! My favorite place on earth!
  • @kayjay44 I definitely share the parenting style of not coddling my kids or letting them think they rule the world. Noooooope. I love my kids but I also enjoy maintaining my identity outside of motherhood. 
  • @PurplePoppy424- I'm just piping in from insomnia land to say, WORD.
  • WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL?! Bsb was one million times better than *NSYNC. 
  • My U/O I don't care about pop culture, and cannot tell the difference between BSB and Nsync
  • I know nothing of their music, seriously, at all. I was too old for being target audience.  
    I however have seen JT move, and, ok yeah, and he's not even my type!
  • Popcorn is the worst, thongs are the best, kids need to make mistakes in order to learn things, and I am VERY confused about how someone could prefer pads to tampons.

But I tend to have a very heavy flow, so when I used pads I had to use the enormous overnight kind 24/7, and then I still bled all over my pants constantly, and it was horrible.  So there’s that. 
  • Postpartum was the first time I'd EVER worn a pad in my life.
  • @BourbonBiscuits Even at night?? 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • +1 on the tampons > pads debate.  I don't even bother at night anymore. Post partum is a whole different ball game though...you WILL need the big hospital pads lol  I do not enjoy football or citi bikes (what we have in NYC) either.  Congestion and takes up parking spaces!  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @BourbonBiscuits - Me too - I'd only ever used tampons my entire life. 

Related FFFC - I found mesh underwear (unused) under my sink this morning and debated wearing them just because.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• @grebretso Yep, especially at night. I don't have a super heavy flow so I've never had issues with leaking. 
  • Being able to skip pads at night is one of the the very best things about tampons, I say. 

I’ve been looking into cloth pads for postpartum, I was hoping maybe that would be less miserable than the paper kind?
  • I've hit the point where I have to wear liners and I hate it - I feel like I'm constantly wearing a swimsuit with one of those things to keep them sanitary inside.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016