February 2019 Moms

U/O Thursday 9/27

2»

Re: U/O Thursday 9/27

• I’ve been having to wear liners the last couple weeks because I’m getting over a cold and every time I cough I pee myself a little. Pregnancy is so glamorous.  A liner’s way better than a full sized pad, but I still feel like I’m walking around in a diaper. 
  • I’ve been wearing liners for weeks and I don’t even notice. Then again I’m also team thong! Maybe I’m less sensitive down there than others? Weird. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh also, I'm definitely team thong, unless those hemorrhoids from the depth of hell are acting up. Then I'm all about the granny panties.
  • @kayjay44 , lol at the mesh underwear, totally should have!
    My flow is on the lighter side, I get away with nothing at night (okay maybe some tp just in case), and only tampons during the day!
    I also want to gag when someone smells like period blood because they're wearing a pad that obviously needs to be changed... its totally a thing, I swear and makes me want to vomit!
  • @cass06_07 that smell is my main problem with Thinx period underwear. I loved the idea of them even though I am team tampon because I am all about sustainable menstrual products, and it's true they are way better than wearing a pad, but the SMELL good god
  • @eggsandwich2019 I’m glad you mentioned that because I had been eyeing them for awhile but was afraid of the smell issue. Now I know! 

FWIW, I use the Luna menstrual cup and LOVE it.  I almost forget I am on my period when I’m using it. 
  • I usually have such a heavy flow I have to wear a tampon and a pad at night for at least the first two nights. 

NSYNC was 100000x better than BSB! I was a big time fan back in the day. And of course still love everything JT does. 
  • Dude, I hated the mesh underwear from the hospital post partum!  They gave me a rash on my lower back :( 

I'm so curious about the menstrual cup - I have a heavy flow (ever since DS was born) and I can only imagine spilling it everywhere when taking it out lol 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I used to be a diva cup wearer and loved it the only problem i found was when you had to use the washroom to empty early afternoo  and it wasnt a private bathroom but a stall... bloody fingers can be embarassing to come out with to the sink!
  • @cass06_07 yeah those times can be awkward. I tried to avoid that if I could but if I couldn’t usually some wet wipes I kept in my purse would help at least to the point of being able to walk out and wash. Although I usually only had to empty every 12 hours except for the first couple days of my flow so I usually could wait till I was home. 
  • Dude, I hated the mesh underwear from the hospital post partum!  They gave me a rash on my lower back :( 

I'm so curious about the menstrual cup - I have a heavy flow (ever since DS was born) and I can only imagine spilling it everywhere when taking it out lol 
    *lurker from March*

I've used the Diva Cup for a good six or seven years now and love it so much. I will never ever go back to using tampons. I take it out while sitting on the toilet, so if it spills, it's only spilling into the toilet where I'd be dumping it anyway. I'm happy to answer any questions about it, no matter how TMI. I've converted people already! I'll sound like Diva Cup is sponsoring my posts, but I promise they're not!  :D
  • I really want to ask everyone how much weight they've gained, and if any s+tm have this weird below the bump hanging skin like i do?! I swear it's like my stomach remembers how stretched it got last time and its giving up on all elasticity three months too early!! Ive gained somewhere between 15-17 pounds. I gained 50 total with DD, but Im not sure if Im on track or took much ahead of my 32 pounds only goal...? 
  • @izzfrancisco I’m up 10 at this point - but I’ve been hanging onto an extra 15 since DS was born. And yes, I do have that weird under belly skin. It never really went away after DS was born, but it got a lot more prominent (not in a puffy way, just in a hanging skin way?) after I got pregnant. 
  • I'm also up 10. FTM so no hanging skin, but I'm sure I'll get there after birth! 
  • I’ve lost about 15 but I’ve got a little plop of flub about 1.5 inches under my belly button that is still chillin there.
  • I got the hanging skin below my bump too. It’s lovely-ha. I’m up about 12-14lbs depending on time of day. Also, that reminds me at my OB appt the scale said I was up 18lbs when the nurse weighed me (it is an electronic scale) but when I weighed myself after she left it was consistently saying I was up 14lbs. I feel like that is a big fluctuation. 
  • etnyahetnyah member
    edited September 2018
    @allthingsgo That happened to me too. The electronic scale said I was up 10 lbs but my home scale said 7, both the day before and the day of my appt (this was a couple weeks back). Weird!
  • @grebretso that is weird! What got me especially was it was the same scale giving me two different readings in a row. I feel like a doctor’s office should at least have an accurate scale. I think I’ve always heard those old fashioned scales with the weights that you move along the bars at the top are the most accurate. So maybe it’s an electronic scale thing? Idk. 
  • @allthingsgo It might be al electronic scale thing! Also when I went on it, someone else had just gotten off it so maybe it wasn't reset properly? I have an electronic scale for baking, and if I don't reset it after each use it'll be wrong. Could be something like that.
  • Yalls hanging skin makes me feel better, but also sorry be cause I know how bothersome it is! 
  • I’m up 6 lbs (and underweight to begin with....I eat constantly and don’t know what else to do, but my doctor isn’t too concerned), and I have the hanging skin too...only it’s above the belly. It’s so weird! I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one, but does anyone else have it above?!
  • @lzzfrancisco I’m up 15-20, I asked my doctor about it and she said I will gain at least 1lb/week until the baby is born, possibly more if I retain liquids. I’m trying not to stress about it (but I am anyway).
  • @lzzfrancisco - hanging skin here. I’m down 12 lbs. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Im at 22 w tomorrow and up 11Lbs
  • I hit 20 weeks today and I'm up 13 lbs. No hanging skin, but I'm a FTM.
  • I’m almost 22 and up about 13. And not happy about it. But not going to stop eating tacos either so... 
  • I’m 19 weeks and I’m officially up 12lbs. TTM. I also have that fun hanging skin going on. So glamorous!
  • 19 weeks and up 16, FTM. And the doctor’s scale is always off for me, too - I’m always a good 5lbs heavier on it. I was a little on the thin side before pregnancy so I figure my weight gain in the first tri (gained like 12-13 pounds) was my body compensating or something 
  • @conchispita and @megpants209 Ive got the same attitude as yall! But its probably time to start walking more, especially with the cooler weather!
  • 20 weeks up 15 lbs. but that depends on the scale. Mine at home I’m up 12 but at the dr its 15. Regardless. It seems to be on the average side By the sounds of it. 
  • @madreofdragons- Your waving kiddo is too cute.
    i have a weird extra fat roll that is more prominent now above my belly button, and is extra prominent I think because the placenta attached high anterior so that little extra fat is now a huge bump and makes my bump look crazy.