Infertility

October 2018 IUI

Re: October 2018 IUI

• cxsimo08cxsimo08 member
    edited October 2018
    @suzycupcake  They did levels for me today but wouldn't do HCG (pretty sure they think I'm nuts for even asking).  Everything rose - E2: 148, LH 13.4, P4: 1.9. They basically told me I re-set and I'm ovulating 1 egg now (instead of the 8 follicles earlier this cycle when my LH was 14).  I still am having strong pregnancy symptoms and my FF says based on my BBT and no CM, I ovulated that first LH surge not this one.  I don't know if you can ovulate twice (only one study out there saying you can) but this cycle is just so strange there isn't really a solid explanation.  AFY I totally understand taking your time. What do you do for stress relief?  

-------
    This is my crazy cycle so far: 

CD3: E2 41, LH 8.2, P4 .35 -   Follistim 91 
    CD7: E2 185, LH 1.9 - Follistim dropped to 83
    CD10: E2 557, LH 4.3 - Follistim dropped to 58 
    CD12: E2 1426 LH 14.5 - 8 follicles, No Trigger - First BBT Increase   <- First Surge?
    CD13: IUI, 149.38m motile sperm
    CD14-17: OPK Neg 
    CD17: E2 58, LH 6.2, P4 0.2 - 8 follicles still there and growing - OPK Neg 
    CD17-20: OPK Neg
    CD19: Light Pos HPT (Wondfo) 
    CD20: OPK Neg, HPT BFN
    CD21: E2 146, LH 13.4, P4 1.98 - OPK Pos, HPT BFN.     <- Second Surge?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

Me 32 DH 36, Married 12/2013, TTC Since 9/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained 
    2 IVFs, 8 IUIs (2 Clomid, 6 Injectables)
    Nov '16: TI Clomid- 2 Follicles, BFN 
    Dec '17: IUI Clomid- 1 Follicle, BFN 
    Jan '17: TI Clomid - 1 Follicle, BFN 
    Feb '17: IUI Clomid - 1Follicle, BFN
    Mar '17: IUI Inject - Canceled (Cyst) 
    Jun '17: IVF Antagonist, 13ER, 10Fert (5ICSI, 5Nat)  - No Blasts, 1 D5T, BFN
    Sep '17: IVF Antagonist, 14 ER, 4 Fert (All ICSI) - 2 D3T, BFN
    Nov '17: IUI Inject - 4 Follicles, BFN
    Dec '17: Laparoscopy Endo - Neg (No Endo)
    Feb '18: IUI Inject - 4 Follicles, BFN 
    June '18: IUI Inject - 5 Follicles, BFP -> CP 
    Aug '18: IUI Inject - 1 Follicle, BFP -> Ectopic 
    Sep '18: IUI Inject - 7 Follicles, No Trigger, Missed O, BFN
    Currently on BCP to gear up for Nov '18 IUI 
  • Hi,
    I'm new to the site but am doing my third and I think final IUI hopefully on Monday. I’m hoping the third times the charm but am having a hard time keeping a positive attitude. I’m so happy to have found such a great forum for infertility, there are no support groups near me. I wish that infertility wasn’t such a taboo topic to discuss, I find the few people that do know about DH and i’s struggles don’t know what to say and seem uncomfortable if I try to vent. 
    It makes me feel better seeing some of you ladies saying you had mood swings on clomid, I thought it was just me being sensitive and stressed out about everything.
    I hope everyone has good luck with their treatments this month! I putting out positive vibes for everyone. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @bmack2018 Welcome! I really hope this is your cycle!! You’re definitely not alone. I was RAGING every month I was on Clomid. It was AWFUL! I’ve been on Femara the past 2 months and have had no side effects. Hang in there girl! Keep us updated. 
  • @bmack2018 So glad to have you on the Oct board!  We're all rooting for you.  And also concur re Clomid- holy crap - I was out of control on that one!  Keep us posted on how the IUI goes tomorrow!! Will be thinking of you.  
  • Welcome @bmack2018 ! I am also taking clomid this month and it will be my 3rd IUI as well. Only on 3rd day of clomid so I have some time before IUI. I havent noticed being overly sensitive but def very bloated. When does your Dr. Tell you to start clomid bc.mine said day 3 but I have heard others start day 5. Was just curious.  Having my fx for all of you ladies.  Anyone close to testing? sorry @cxsimo08 for your frustrating cycle.  This whole process def tests ones patience. 
  • Thanks @crookshanks10 @cxsimo09 @bobella22 . My doctor had me take the clomid starting day 3 for 5 days, and I was on another pill this time as well but I can’t think of the name, I only took it once on the last day of clomid.
  • Ugh- So despite my ovulation and blood test saying I'm ovulating I'm now full on bleeding. It's weird because I have no cramps (typically my AF cramps are excruciating).  It's also very early (CD23- I usually start AF around 29) and TMI but its a different color blood than I'm used to. I'm also still getting the lightest of lightest of lines on HPT but they aren't getting darker and are pretty close to nothing. I don't know what to do.  I'm so upset. Could this be another ectopic or something? 
  • crookshanks10crookshanks10 member
    edited October 2018
    @bobella22 I have always taken my meds on days 5-9. My OB and RE never mentioned starting on day 3, not sure why, but I know alot of people that have!

Also, I had spotting this morning so I'm pretty sure IUI2 was a fail. 
  • Oh no @cxsimo08! Im not sure what that means but I would def contact your RE asap in case. 
    @crookshanks10 I know a few spotted and were still prego so maybe there's still hope.
  • Thanks @cxsimo08! Sorry fro your very crazy cycle. I went on Sunday and had 1@22, and the 12 that grew to 15 on Friday disappeared. Never had that happen. So my levels showed signs of O, so we triggered and did IUI yesterday. I am optimistic as this medicine is very different from clomid. Clomid I was have 2-3 follicles grow up to 33 then O (?). And because of my high AMH not sure if they contained viable eggs. Every doctor I met with is very excited about this cycle. DH was good, as he always is, over 90 million with 65% motility.  This cycle was much different and faster. We will plan for atleast 4 cycles with IUI/Injectable & then discuss IVF if we have to.
  • @cxsimo08 that is so frustrating that your cycle is being so over the place this month.
    @crookshanks10 that sucks too. Our bodies are so uncooperative. I found out Monday morning that I ovulated over the weekend with an immature follicle, I was doing the at home LH tests and they were negative. I’m feeling really frustrated to have missed a chance this cycle especially since we have to travel 8 hrs to get to our RE. Just trying to stay positive and say that maybe this was my body trying to tell me it wasn’t going to work this month and to try again next month...fingers crossed. And good luck if anyone is doing their IUI this week 
  • @bmack2018 That is very frustrating. Also, I am so sorry you have to travel that far to get to your RE! Thats super far. Hopefully next month will go better.
  • Still spotting and still waiting on AF. Of course when I want her to come (so I can call my RE and get started on the next cycle) she takes her time. ANNOYING
  • Thanks @bmack2018, @bobella22 and @Knottiea90a98a9e9504e9b I went to the RE on Monday and she ran a baseline.  I Have some huge cysts but all the other levels seem back to pretty much normal (E2 103, P4 1.02, LH 7, HCG 0).  Still doesn't explain my weird bleeding (only bled for one day, w/ absolutely no cramps, a week early) or the pregnancy symptoms I am STILL feeling hard- but my RE is calling it an off cycle due to the drugs and no-trigger.  She's basically saying the cycle created a 1 time luteal phase defect - She does think I ovulated but probably very late/right before I started bleeding.  The good news is she did take responsibility and apologized for the miss cycle.  I'm not sure if she'll charge me but at least I feel like she was actively paying attention and not just going through the motions.  

So next steps: She has me on birth control for the next two weeks to burn down these cysts and then we'll look to start a new cycle Oct 26th.   PS. Birth Control makes me crazy! lol 

@crookshanks10  - I'm sorry to hear you're spotting. Don't give up all hope- I've definitely heard of spotting and BFP.  If not we'll be cycle twins next month :) 

@bmack2018 Holy crap- 8 hours!! That's so strenuous. We're in the same boat with the missed cycle but I can't imagine having that type of commute on top of things.  Are they able to outsource any of the bloodwork or monitoring any closer?

@Knottiea90a98a9e9504e9b I'm glad to hear everyone is so optimistic about this cycle! FX for you! When do you go back in?  When you're planning for medicated cycles (if insurance covers meds) I highly recommend getting as many refills as possible and getting low doses so you don't waste.  My meds were covered for one year and I did max out Follistim but did not max out triggers (which I should have) so now I'm buying those out of pocket. Most drugs if stored properly will last a long time- we have a whole shelf of Follisitm in our spare fridge.   

• Hi all! Newbie here. Went in for my IUI on the 12th and am hanging tight for the TWW (seeking out some people in the same boat because the waiting sucks). This is my second attempt, and I'm feeling less hopeful because the first attempt didn't work out despite some wacky things going on with my body (cramps I attributed to implantation, congestion, etc.). Took Letrozole from cycle day 3-7 (7mg?), had an ultrasound on the 9th, and a trigger shot on the 10th.

@bobella22cxsimo08 - I hear what you're saying about busy waiting rooms. There is usually literally a line-up out the door and down the hall at my clinic. However, it's the only game in town. I always feel awkward in those lines - it seems silly but we all avoid chit chat like we're in denial about why we're there.

Is anyone else taking progesterone suppositories? They weren't prescribed to me the first time - not sure why - but are now the second time around. I feel like they have made me so moody - like nothing much at all will push me to my emotional edges and then I'm laughing or fuming or crying. Then again, I'm a teacher so maybe that's just my job.

Not sure how to make the fancy fine print about myself, but I'm 35 dealing with MF infertility. Husband is physically disabled and had testicular cancer at one point, so using donor sperm. Took a long time to get to this point, but happy to be here. 

Wishing all you ladies luck this month!

• Hi @lamport! I am also in my TWW. I had my IUI on the 15th. I am prescribed oral progesterone, and have been for the past 6 cycles.  I am 29 with PCOS, which is our barrier. Good luck on your cycle! Just remember that it may take a few rounds, even tho it is disappointing each time. GL
  • Hi @Knottiea90a98a9e9504e9b long name & @lamport. Im sorrry that you and your hubby had to go through that. The 2ww is the worst! I have my fx.for you both. I can't wait to hear some success stories! It has been tough. This will be my 3rd IUI.. I had a cp in August (2nd IUI) and had to skip last month. I finished clomid on Tues and had my first follicular ultrasound today. It's a little early but there is one med sized  growing & 3 very small ones. I'm hoping at least 1 of them catch up to increase my chances. I am so tired of getting my hopes up and seeing my husband trying to hide his disappointment. Keep me updated ladies! 
  • Also, was on the progesterone suppositories the last 2 IUIs as well. I feel like they give similar symptoms to those of pregnancy so just watch out when symptom spotting. 
  • Hi everyone, I did my first IUI on October 16. I was on 25mg Clomid days 5-9, then Menipur, then the trigger shot. I had 3 follicles 22, 19, 18 and my DH sperm count was 77million post wash. I am in my 2WW but for some reason I'm not nervous or anxious at all. 
  • @babdydust74 Congrats on your first IUI! It sounds like you have a perfect scenario to get your BFP! I have my FX for you (:
  • im sorry for my very long name. I must have signed up for this board awhile ago and never used it. So when I signed back in recently I was left with this very long name and I have no idea how to create one. @bobella22

• Hi @babydust74 ! Welcome and congrats on your IUI. Sounds like great numbers all around. FX for you. 
    @knottie when you are at the home screen there is a person icon on the top right.  How many IUIs have you done so far,?
  • Got it! I had to go to the knot to change it. We did 6 rounds of clomid, I had hostile CM, so two months without IUI, four with iui. This is first month of injects with IUI. They will do a max of four months with injects/Iui. @bobella22
  • ispiispi member
    edited October 2018
  • Oh wow @knottie I'm so sorry you had to go through this so many times. Hopefully the injections will be the answer to your problem and you will be successful this month. Keep us updated on your testing days. I had my 2nd folicular us and my follicles havent grown much since Fri. He is hoping I don't ovulate too soon bc it hasn't gotten big enough yet. Hopefully the follie will stay put and keep growing bc otherwise will have to cancel IUI again 😕
  • After 6 days of spotting, AF finally arrived. I go in for my ovary scan tomorrow morning. Definitely going to ask about being put on progesterone even though my levels test fine. Not sure if they'll have any other recommendations as to what to change. UGH.

@bobella22 I hope you don't have to cancel your IUI :( This is all so frustrating. Hang in there friend! When do you go back?
  • @bobella22 Aw I hope you don't have to cancel! I hope the injections work too. After three cycles of clomid, I tried to switch to femera because I hear of better response, but they did not want me to do that. Therefore we wasted 6 months trying clomid, haha! I went in today for my hcg booster. Hopefully you have some growth!
  • @crookshanks10 Im sorry to hear that. Best of luck next month. What medicine were you on this month? Will you continue with that next month?
  • @ispi For my first 2 cycles I have done femara CD5-9 + trigger + IUI. I really liked femara much better than Clomid and I really don't mind the trigger either. I'm unsure what they'll suggest for this next cylce but I'm definitely going to ask tomorrow!
  • Well everyone, I'm out for an IUI this month. I just didn't want to respond to the clomid 150mg this last cycle and it was taken twice on days 5-9 and days 16-20. Currently taking Provera to start a new cycle! This time around it will be 5mg of Letrozole. Hoping and praying this medication works! Thinking of you all and will probably see you some of you in the November IUI thread! Good luck to those on your 2WW!  <3
  • One week down one week to go. I'm still optimistic that I will get a BFP. I have been reading a lot of post about first time IUI success stories to keep me positive and I pray a lot 
  • the first week is always easy, but then the second week feels like it takes fooooreverrrrr. I test on Monday, what day do you? @babydust74
  • Sorry to hear that @melcab7 I hope those new drugs do the trick for you.  Come join us in Nov when you're ready! <3 
  • @ispi I will test on Tursday. I'm battling a cold so I have been pretty much laying around all day. 
  • lamportlamport member
    edited October 2018
    @bobella22 @ispi Thanks for the welcome! I'm trying to keep myself busy with work to distract from the inevitable news on Saturday. I think it's surprised me how disappointed my husband was last month after the first attempt. It's hard to stay hopeful when you know that odds aren't in your favour. Compared to last month I haven't noticed anything different happening with me, so I'm not expecting good news - maybe that's a self-fulfilling prophecy. We have one more "shot" left with the donor sperm we purchased before we have to decide if we keep going with IUI or pay more for IVF. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Testing on Monday - taking the day off work to go to the quickest lab in town. It was the worst feeling last month having to take a blood test even though AF arrived just so the clinic would refill my Letrozole prescription. 
  • So I just did my first iui on the 22nd. I’m still all in my head over thinking it all! Has anyone else used opk after the trigger shot? My RE doesn’t like them so I didn’t tell them I tested. I was showing peak for 2 days after my trigger, is that common? 

I also had had a crazy amount of pain for 24 hours in my ovaries, up until the time of the transfer I hadn’t ovulated per the scan, but today it seems to be gone. 

They told us us to continue having sex so I’m hoping we were close enough to ovulation. With the emotional roller coaster we were on for 4 days leading up (onset by my husbands panic of multiple)  I’m not sure I can go through this again. 
  • @lamport, That's crazy that they would have to draw your blood just to give you a prescription. Sounds like they just want money. @melcab7, I'm sorry to hear you are out for this month. I haven't had any symptoms yet but I think that's a good thing because by now my boobs are usually sore and I have mild cramping like a week before AF.
  • @mooret1118, my clinic told us we couldn't BD that day but we could start the following day but your clinic said go for it. We should have just did it to put extra sperm up there.
  • @babdydust74 the instructions they gave us said sex for two days the resume at your liking after. So we shal see. We had 3 follicles so fingers crossed. This two weeks is going to be killer.