February 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms Sept 23-29

13»

Re: Weekly Symptoms Sept 23-29

• Options
    @grebretso I use the earth mama organics belly butter and it is lovely, not greasy, smells like oranges :) I really disliked the Palmer's belly butter stuff so I switched to this. Also use their nipple cream which smells like chocolate so the combo of the two is lovely haha. All natural scents btw. Sweet orange oil and cocoa butter
  • Options
    @grebretso I use cereve(I've used it for awhile for my exzema) and I also use burts bees momma something... I like both but lean toward cerave. 
    And thanks for starting the thread!

Plus 1 for: insomnia, sciatica pain(like wanting to die style), massive increase in dishcarge and yes still puking when I don't take the b6/benedryl combo at night.  It sucks.

I do get to feel alot of flutters and kicks so that is nice. 

And i also felt like he would fall out! I know he won't but I swear he is bouncing around. 

Anyone else felt slightly crampy and freaked out for a second thinking it was your period but then remembered you were pregnant...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wifemomme thank you, this is very helpful!
  • Options
    And here it is 4:15 am and I am awake for the third time tonight.  Oh insomnia you are the worst.  
  • Options
    @sjnsjnsjn I don’t understand how it’s physically possible anymore! If I sleep for an hour stretch it’s an accomplishment. Middle of the night last night I was replacing ball catches on our doors  :|
  • Options
    @megpants209- It's so bogus. I finally gave up and got out of bed at 5:30, figuring I would marinate chicken for tonight, and of course my son who is in some sort of sleep regression then hell wakes up at 5:45 (standing and sobbing but fried from exhaustion) instead of 7, and I end up laying in the glider in his room with him on my chest, during which I can barely breathe of course because I already cannot breathe well when pregnant... and here we are. Time to go to work. Happy Thursday. 😳
  • Options
    The insomnia is unbearable already. I'm really dreading the end of pregnancy when I'm getting a total of like an hour of sleep a night while taking Ambien.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    @sjnsjnsjn and @kayjay44 did you both have insomnia with previous pregnancies? Wondering if I’m doomed for future kids because there is just no part of me that can imagine dealing with this WITH a child like you guys are! Work, home and cancer dog is hard enough  :s
  • Options
    @megpants209- Yes I had it terribly with my last as well.  :(
  • Options
    Ugh I'm sorry to both of you dealing with insomnia, @sjnsjnsjn and @kayjay44. That sounds terrible and even worse with kids and a heavy workload at the office. I hope you can catch a break this weekend and recharge a bit!
  • Options
    The insomnia has died down over here, but now I'm having insane dreams about forgetting one of my kids that are keeping me up all night. WHYYYY
  • Options
    I’m sleeping pretty well but no matter how much I’m sleeping I wish it were double. 
  • Options
    I'm generally sleeping fine, but I have to get up and pee about three times every night, and each time I need to first untangle myself from my Snoogle, which is quite the struggle when you're half-asleep, by the way.
  • Options
    Thx for the condolences dears.  Of course the wakeups also went along with horrible nightmares because what else... 
  • Options
    @megpants209 - Yep. I suffer from some level of insomnia not pregnant, so it's not good for me. Plus side, I have easy babies and sleep more once they are born because I'm at least getting 2-3 hours at a time instead of 2-3 hours total all night.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    @kayjay44 well, crap. Sounds like we’re in the same boat. I have pretty terrible sleep always but this has been wayyyy worse. Fingers crossed little one also sleeps 2-3 hours like yours! That sounds like a dream right now. 
  • Options
    @megpants209 - My second slept 4 hours off the bat and was SSTN (I think that's 5-6 hours) by 6 weeks. Then he sleep trained himself when I went back to work. It was magic. Until recently he asked to go to sleep every night. Now he's 2 and he's a nightmare, but that's normal  :D

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    allthingsgoallthingsgo member
    edited September 2018
    @kayjay44 that sounds amazing! I’m hoping my second is a good sleeper like that because DD was awful after the 4 month sleep regression. Like up every 45 min to an 1hr all night. I almost died from sleep deprivation. 
  • Options
    I think I might be hopping on the shitty sleep train with you all, last two nights have been unreal which is NOT like me at all.
  • Options
    i’ve been having a lot of stomach cramps the past few days i know my uterus is starting to push my stomach up higher in my abdomen which is where i’m having the pain. i haven’t been eating too bad i’m just confused where it’s coming from. but i have been eating a lot more and a lot of cravings at night. i love this point because when i wear something fitting people say i’m showing a lot.
  • Options
    Digestion slows down a lot, and most of us are eating a little more. It hurts my gut too.  @mommaofboy1
  • Options
    @madreofdragons , for the last couple of days I have had little appetite and not really hungry. I eat my meals but there's like no space, a few bites into it and Im huffing and puffing!  Last night I was standing over my bowl at the counter, trying to eat the few mixed beans left from my pasta just for the protein I know I need... it was awful!
    I did get hungry a bit after noon today and while sitting at my desk got three kicks right in the middle of my pelvis, as if to say, "hey woman, you going to feed me or what?!" :D Sorry baby! Let's go eat.
  • Options
    @cass06_07 that only gets worse. When you’re super hungry you won’t have the space for it. It’s mean. 
  • Options
  • Options
    Ugh @cass06_07 I have the same thing going on. Constantly hungry, but I can only manage a couple bites before I feel full, then hungry again five minutes later. It's so annoying!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    cas060cas060 member
    edited September 2018
    currently lounging on the couch after eating pasta with beans (again tonight), so stuffed, can't move but I think I feel a little hungry.
    ETA:  Something very important, I think I may have mentioned this before... but my belly button is slowly disappearing (I've really noticed the shrink the last couple days), I suspect Im going to have an outtie or just a flat no belly button belly which is so weird, because dh always joked that my belly button had no bottom/end.  :#
  • Options
    @cass06_07 mine is super deep and doesn’t really go flat. It’s weird. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    Mine just gets all stretched out. Super sexy. 
  • Options
    Mine's looking pretty stretched, and you can see the bottom of it which is just weird. I have a mole next to it too, curious to see how that'll develop.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    2:15 am and I have insomnia, natch, and just took some Tums for an especially high in my chest heartburn moment. Special.
  • Options
    @cass06_07 DD pointed out that my belly button looked different the other day. When I was pregnant with her it went flat, never turned into an outie.
  • Options
    My belly button must be super deep because it didn’t even really go flat my last pregnancy 
  • Options
    The thought of being able to touch the bottom of my belly button makes me want to gag.
  • Options
    Throwing up dinner due to heartburn nightly has begun - this is going to be a LONG 20 weeks if this is starting this early. I already miss eating and I’m planning my first PP meals. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    My belly button is definitely not as deep, it is strange!

On a side note,  I have a strange work pregnamcy issue that I have no clue how to deal with. So increase in discharge makes me wear a liner. Problem is I work in a restaurant which gets hot. Now I get heat rashes where it is not comfortable to get them...geez pregnancy is glamorous. 

I also had someone tell me I looked good.  Not as big as they thought I would be at 20weeks. Thanks? 

Sorry for those who are having insomnia issues! I only do if I don't take my melatonin at night like my OB told me to do. Maybe it will help?
  • Options
    Another for the heartburn express here, acid reflux too...no matter what I eat. I got a massive tub of Tums that at this rate is going to be dinner. So, here is to hoping the old wives tales are true and this little miss has a ton of hair, because there has to be a plus side to feeling like a mobile volcano. 
  • Options
    Welp sciatica pain is no joke. Ow.
  • Options
    changadeechangadee member
    edited October 2018
    @hnbergeron maybe try fabric pads like hannahpads? Might be more breathable idk. I am considering getting some postpartum.
  • Options
    @hnbergeron cloth pads would be my suggestion too. I like these liners: https://partypantspads.com/collections/pads