February 2019 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Sept 23-29

Re: Weekly Symptoms Sept 23-29

• @BourbonBiscuits- Second that. I felt empty and sad about it, even though I had my actual baby out! Weird weird
  • Yes! The empty womb feeling is legit and so bizarre. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was not sad to be “empty”. I was fucking miserable the last month. I was happy to breathe again. Might be this time though, as this will be my last. 

While my SPD does just ache most of the time, (like right now my pelvis feels like I’ve been riding a horse all day.) I get horrible shooting pains from it while doing anything that pulls that stupid ligament. Lifting one leg more than the other to do something normal, like putting on pants was the worst. 
  • I was not prepared for how weird your abdomen is for a week or two PP.... I'm not a hard body by any means, but how squishy it is.... it's freaky.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Same here with the weird empty belly feeling. I kept poking at it like “what is this thing?” It almost feels like it’s separate from you. Idk hard to explain but strange none the less. 
  • Showering in the days right after my c/s freaked me the eff out. It was still hard to see the incision because I still looked 5 months pregnant and I was terrified of knocking it open. 
  • I don't get to feel much movement, other than pressurey feeling in my pelvis due to my placenta but I'm loving the little baby kicks I've been getting since Friday night <3
  • Aren't they lovely @cass06_07?! <3
  • Getting lots of fun movement overall, but baby is clearly doing somersaults, which isn’t always super comfortable. Love the kicks though!
    Also, started having some sciatica issues this weekend, which blows since that didn’t kick in until about 35 weeks with DD. Hopefully it doesn’t stick around the whole time. 
    Agree that the squishy empty PP belly is bizarre feeling.
  • Honestly I have no idea why I’m feeling so much movement, at my NT scan they told me I have an anterior placenta which is supposed to make it hard to feel anything at this stage. I’m assuming it’s positioned near the top of the uterus now, maybe? Most of the movements I feel are really low down near my pelvis. I guess I’ll find out during the AS next week!
  • Movement is such a funny thing. With DD, I was 23w (so any FTM reading this, DO NOT PANIC if you’re not feeling anything just yet :) ).

With DS, I was 20w. 

This time, I started feeling those “bubbles that aren’t gas” feelings around 15w. I’ve felt *something* pretty much daily since then. But I’m greedy and I always want to feel MORE! 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• @kayjay44 @madreofdragons I get a sharp shooting pain on the right side front area of my pelvis but really close to my groin area...it sucks 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @grebretso - I felt nearly as much movement with an anterior placenta both times as I have felt this time with a posterior/fundal one. I have no idea.....

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• @danixbanani24 - Lightning crotch? I've had a few shooting pains, but nothing compared to how bad I know it will get. My SPD is mostly achy.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• @danixbanani24 - That is what is lovingly referred to as Lightening Crotch. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• For anybody still wondering WTF we’re talking about. This is by far the worst part of pregnancy for me. Last time you could physically feel one side of my pelvis move forward when I’d lift a leg even a few inches. I don’t puke much, I lose weight, I pushed out an 8lb human without a rip, BUT I get this shit. 
  • Lightning Crotch sounds like the worst 80’s hair metal band. Sorry to everyone experiencing it! 
  • My husband is a chiropractor and I seriously recommend it. Adjustments help with the back pain, sciatica, and headaches. This time around getting adjusted lessened my morning sickness. They can even help with pubic symphasis pain (I had problems after  DD1 was born and haven't had problems since).
  • @wifemomme I thought about this! Are all chiropractors trained in prenatal stuff, or do I need to ask specific questions?
  • @BourbonBiscuits everyone thinks I’m insane when I talk about feeling like it’ll fall out! But that’s EXACTLY what it feels like. Luckily at the anatomy scan they said my cervix is long and closed so baby’s not going anywhere. 
  • @BourbonBiscuits - me too. This is why my kids come out with black bruises on their heads I swear. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Hello sciatica. Working out is the only thing that will minimize it, so I guess there’s a silver lining if it motivates me to exercise?
    also my thighs get numb if I’m on my feet too long. I’ll take that over puking and migraines.
  • @okayestmom12 Thanks for the reassurance regarding not feeling movement at this stage, I'm 18 weeks 5 days and I think I may have felt something a couple of times? But totally unclear - no bubbles or flutters or whatever, just sort of random feelings that may or may not be kicks. I can't wait to start feeling the little guy regularly! 
  • okayestmom12okayestmom12 member
    edited September 2018
    @eggsandwich2019 - I’m glad I could help! I remember FREAKING my first time when it felt like everyone on my BMB was feeling crazy movement and I had nothing. It’ll happen - promise  :)
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• My stomach is so itchy! Anyone have a good cream recommendation? Preferably something not too greasy.
  • Thanks @hannahbananas11! That looks promising!
  • @grebretso I love Trader Joe’s Coconut Body Butter.  Not greasy,  and smells amazing...

• I’ve been using the Trader Joe’s one this time rather than buying Burt’s Bees Belly Butter. Works just as well. Smells amazing. Much cheaper. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• I’m more into scent free stuff! And anything named “butter” sounds like it’ll break me out. I have dumb skin. If I can get samples I might try though!
  • Well I just went to urgent care today and I have an ear infection...I guess from all this congestion and drainage I’ve had. Hopefully these antibiotics help clear everything up!
  • @grebretso I've been applying Cerave generously and it really helps. I love that it's unscented and defnity sinks in quickly. 
  • My go to non smelly lotion is Neutrogena Norwegian Formula body lotion. I buy a huge bottle at Costco and lather myself in it daily every winter. That plus Dove Wintercare body wash 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• I use the Burt’s bees belly butter. I HATE feeling lotiony (I feel like we talked about that, but it’s worth repeating because feeling lotiony is nauseating) so it definitely does not sink in fast enough for me
  • @ohsunnydays My husband didn't take any extra prenatal classes, but I had two babies while he was in school, so he got some good practice there. If you are going to call around I would ask if the chiropractor is experienced with Webster Technique. It is kind of specific to making sure the pelvis is in the right position for carrying and delivering baby. If the chiropractor knows that technique, he or she should be good for other prenatal problems too. 
  • @dcaron10 - Oh no! Being sick while pregnant is the pits. Hope the abx kicks in soon!
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19