May 2019 Moms
Options

FB group first time moms 30(ish)+

2»

Re: FB group first time moms 30(ish)+

• Options
    Quote for proof.  We do this in case somebody does the DD.

• Options
    @expandcontract oh ok, I'm not going to, at first I thought it would be the right thing to do, that's why I said it. 

Me (30)- PCOS....
    DH (34) 
    Eloped Dec2013/Married Sep 2014 

TTC since early 2014

ART worked EED 6/13/19

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @poshspice well I just spent a super long time reading that. 
  • Options
    @poshspice I am now running late for work...that was amazing.  I’m so invested...was litera fake, too?  I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS.  Anyone remember that youtuber who turned out to be fake?  She was this precious highschool girl, had a boy next door friend who was in love with her, homeschooled, got involved with a cult...then it came out to be a TV show?  Haha.  Classic stuff.  
    Married for 5 years, TTC for 3 years
    PCOS, Low AMH, Endo, Uterine Fibroids, Low Estrogen...
    and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. 
    3 Losses, 8/16 11/16 and 6/2017  o:)
  • Options
    @NEAM2014 just curious how is your edd 6/13/19? typo?
  • Options
    I happened to see this same post by the same username on WTE during some late night browsing. I’m sure you’ll find plenty of people ready to hand over their emails/contact info from over there. 
  • Options
    @BWhitta this was before my time on TB, but I’ve heard that Litera was real. 
    Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @poshspice me currently reading the catfish thread

• Options
    @poshspice I came here to mention the exact same thread you did!  I remember watching it happen (I was on the Knot at the time I think, someone mentioned it going on), and that whole thing was so bizarre.  Was that the one who said she planned weddings but really she planned wedding on the Sims game?  That may have been on the Knot, there was another catfish at around the same time.  I didn't know the part about the poster with two accounts here was trying to get on Catfish, though.  How would that have worked?  Like, would they have brought together the big Bump contributors?  

Anyway, with so many catfish episodes (not of the show, on here), yes, 100% agree that we should wait before making a group. 

DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    *lurking from December BMB*

We discussed the catfish in our discussion regarding moving to facebook, and we actually had some people who were in the catfish BMB. 
    You can read a little about what they said on pg 2 and 3 of our thread here 

• Options
    poshspice said:
    For anyone who is interested here is the epic July 14 catfish thread. I couldn't find the cached version, and a lot of users and posts have been removed/deleted, but you still get the idea. 
    @poshspice thanks for this, I just spent way too much time reading it while at work and it was totally worth it. 
  • Options
    poshspice said:
    For anyone who is interested here is the epic July 14 catfish thread. I couldn't find the cached version, and a lot of users and posts have been removed/deleted, but you still get the idea. 
    @poshspice thanks for this, I just spent way too much time reading it while at work and it was totally worth it. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
     HAHAHAH after years of being on The Bump, I just learned what QFP means. I always thought it meant quit f*** posting
    Hahahaha @SpaceBurger I've heard of people thinking that before. You're not alone! It's quote for proof or quote for posterity. I prefer "posterity". I mean, look how we all needed those QFPs in the J14 thread!  :D 
    Ticker

• Options
    @SpaceBurger I always thought it mean quit f****** playing!!!! I’m glad I’m not the only one  :D
  • Options
    @poshspice OMG Thanks for posting that! Where was I doing that whole bit.... I ended up not being too involved towards the end, but I was in the June 2014 BMB and I had no idea this was going on. Ah-may-zing.  :o
  • Options
    k2k2togk2k2tog member
    edited September 2018
    @Pahialii hello fellow June2014’er! 

(Edited to add, my sn back in the day was sempre_staccato. And I was also more active at the beginning, but stayed fairly on top of the board all the way through until the first wave migration to FB after the babies were born.)

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    @poshspice Wow! That thread was some grade A crazy. Thanks for sharing. Reading through it was exactly the sort of distraction I needed today.
  • Options
    I was not allowed to join my last BMB Facebook group because I didn’t post enough? I was very sad. Hopefully you all get to know me better!! 😉
  • Options
    @guitara1614 me too I was also not allowed to join my BMB facebook group because they had too many members and turned me away.  I was also very sad and would like to be a part of this one when it is appropriate to do so. Also thank you for the link to the July 2014 group that is some good reading.
  • Options
    @MalonT23 @guitarra1614 that was me too! It was so sad and makes me think now “are you posting enough?”  :#
  • Options
    I was not allowed to join my last BMB Facebook group because I didn’t post enough? I was very sad. Hopefully you all get to know me better!! 😉
    Mine only invited the super popular members. A lot of the women I was friends with on mine weren't invited either. It was like high school all over again.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    I clicked on this thread for the same reason you created it and was equally confused by the gifs..... I'm the oldest of any of my friends to be pregnant for the first time, many of them have many kids by now, and I would also like to have people that could relate to talk to.
  • Options
    poshspice said:
    Wow, this is wild! We likely all grew up with warnings of the internet being a dangerous place, but this is still kind of shocking. Sounds like this person was asking a lot of personal questions to try and get info from the people on the board. I didnt like reading it because now I'm feeling more reticent to be involved in a board like this, even though being part of this group has been a positive experience (even though I'm new and am just starting to post). I guess we all just need to be careful. It's too bad people do things like this, especially to a bunch of pregnant women. Talk about a wolf in sheeps clothing. 
  • Options
    @chloe97 Haha, fair enough! 
  • Options
    @BumpAdmin for the love of everything, can we please have this thread closed?

• Options
    @BumpAdmin for the love of everything, can we please have this thread closed?
    Maybe is we spam is enough with abusive gifs it will be?
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    @BumpAdmin PLEASE close this thread

• Options

This thread has been closed to new posts as a result of the shift in topic. To find threads regarding (this topic), we encourage you to use the search function to post to an active thread or start a new discussion.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"