May 2019 Moms
Options

FB group first time moms 30(ish)+

NEAM2014NEAM2014 member
edited September 2018 in May 2019 Moms
Hi! I read the rules and I don’t think this is against them...

I’m making a FB group for first time moms over 30 (ish) due May 2019. 

I say 30ish because if you 28-29 I think that’s fine, it’s just easier to say 30+. 

Me (30)- PCOS....
DH (34) 
Eloped Dec2013/Married Sep 2014 

TTC since early 2014

ART worked EED 6/13/19

Re: FB group first time moms 30(ish)+

• Options
    what?

Me (30)- PCOS....
    DH (34) 

TTC since early 2014

ART worked EED 6/13/19

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    can someone explain instead of posting gifs? 

Me (30)- PCOS....
    DH (34) 

TTC since early 2014

ART worked EED 6/13/19

• Options
    Thanks... I'm new to the board, and new to this and I'm just surprised by the gifs instead of anyone saying something.  

Me (30)- PCOS....
    DH (34) 

TTC since early 2014

ART worked EED 6/13/19

• Options
    @NEAM2014... What @ktk2tog and @sleepy33 just said.  It’s all still very early. Take time to get to know people here first.
  • Options
    @sleepy33 thank you, you could have said that instead of posting a side eye gif. This group just seemed so big I thought of finding a smaller group. Given I'm a first time mom and new to the boards I obviously didn't realize it would be taken that way. But so far cattiness gifs have come from you who "don't fit me target demo" instead of supporting or explaining to a new mom until begged for it.  I will happily delete this post 

Me (30)- PCOS....
    DH (34) 

TTC since early 2014

ART worked EED 6/13/19

• Options
    Yeah, online communities are just like IRL communities. Gotta lurk and read the room. Just my 2 cents. You get back what you put in. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    poshspice said:

No offense, but this is a pretty scary request this early on in the game. The Bump has had some pretty intense catfish tales and we really need to get to know each other better before the moving to Facebook. In my experience, you move to a private group on TB first, then to FB after everyone has confirmed they are actually pregnant women and not some creepy dude or a catfishing teenager living the lives they’ve represented on this forum. 
    Oh man, I remember back in my day, there was some catfish where her group bought her an expensive glider and they turned out to not be pregnant. Or something. Twas legendary. 

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    THank you all for explaining... I'm (obviously) very new to boards and didn't even realizing catfishing or anything like that would go on here.  I'm just still surprised that the first three responses were side eye gifs instead of anyone explaining or asking me something directly...  

Me (30)- PCOS....
    DH (34) 

TTC since early 2014

ART worked EED 6/13/19

• Options
    sleepy33 said:
    It is our way. #itscultural. Gif is life. Gifs convey so much more than mere words. 

• Options
    keighty80 said:
    sleepy33 said:
    It is our way. #itscultural. Gif is life. Gifs convey so much more than mere words. 

Oh no, gif fail?!?!

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @sleepy33 I too have heard stories about that glider haha
  • Options
    sleepy33sleepy33 member
    edited September 2018
    kvh22 said:
    @NEAM2014 it might have been partly what you would perceive as cattiness, but also, from the perspective of people interacting with strangers on an open forum, I took those as at least "skeptical cattiness." Like "is this a trap?" because it's basically the #1 rule of the internet to not share info with strangers and we will all be teaching our children this very soon, as well. I think that's a big part of why it wasn't taken seriously, until you asked why.
    This. It wasn't cattiness like 'you can't sit here'. It was a response like you might be trying to steal my identity or something, idk you. You'd get a similar reaction or worse asking strangers on the street for their email addresses; as someone who once worked in retail, in fact, I assure you that would be the response. 

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    sleepy33 said:
    keighty80 said:
    sleepy33 said:

Oh no, gif fail?!?!
    Is it not showing up for you?

• Options
    @kvh22 same... our fb group started like a month (maybe less) before we were due, and it was very clear who was who.
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    @peachy13 I was due on the 21st so it may have just been a month before *my* EDD, I can't remember now. @secicc12 was there :)

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    keighty80 said:
    sleepy33 said:
    keighty80 said:
    sleepy33 said:

Oh no, gif fail?!?!
    Is it not showing up for you?

No. I haz sad. For I love the gifs. 

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, @poshspice that thread was a ROLLERCOASTER! 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    YES @poshspice !! I remember that thread being passed around our BMB group too! It will go down in history

• Options
    NEAM2014 said: 
    @sleepy33 thank you, you could have said that instead of posting a side eye gif. This group just seemed so big I thought of finding a smaller group. Given I'm a first time mom and new to the boards I obviously didn't realize it would be taken that way. But so far cattiness gifs have come from you who "don't fit me target demo" instead of supporting or explaining to a new mom until begged for it.  I will happily delete this post 
    QFP

• Options
    @expandcontract what is QFP?

Me (30)- PCOS....
    DH (34) 

TTC since early 2014

ART worked EED 6/13/19

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"