December 2018 Moms

Weekly Symptoms • w/o 9.9

Re: Weekly Symptoms • w/o 9.9

• @mamajudec2018 I’m glad your fluid levels are normal!

@morgantu It is so hard to shave when you can’t see! Not exactly a milestone to document for the baby book, though.
  • Loading the player...
  • @shevsky sorry so late in responding. So I walked an hour during lunch and had the same pains had to keep stopping. It’s not in my crotch it’s both sides in the bottom of my stomach. I don’t really know how to describe. Just painful like I pulled something and it lingers. Which makes me wonder is my stomach too much weight?’ I am going to try and walk before work tomorrow and see if I still have it. At the end of my walk I started getting the stabbing crotch pains too. So no freakin clue

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• @barristerninja ugh yes to kicking downward, I hate it.

@mamajudec2018 dang it! I was hoping it would at least lessen a little bit. I'm glad they've determined that it's not anything super concerning at least if it's just kind of a "wait and see" sort of thing at this point.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• texas_t said:
    @orangecrush29 ugh, I hate that feeling! I found that if that starts to happen, if I get on my hands and knees it let's baby fall out of my chest cavity, lol. Obvs that doesn't work if I'm at the grocery store, but I'll do it if I'm at home!

ooh, good thinking! I did that at  the end when I was trying to get DS3 to drop lower, so that totally makes sense that it'll help with the lung crowding- thanks!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • mamajudec2018mamajudec2018 member
    edited September 2018
    @CecilB93 I feel like they just have no idea what could be causing it so I was like I'm good just to wait until baby comes and see if it goes away and if not then I can get more testing and stuff and she was like yeah I'm fine with that. It's more of a throw in the towel than anything haha!
  • katy0990katy0990 member
    edited September 2018
    Am I a terrible wife if I just give up on shaving down there for the next 15 weeks? 
  • hkomhkom member
    edited September 2018
    @katy0990 He can deal with a little extra fuzz!   

I haven't even attempted anything since I've been in the hospital.  I'm lucky if I feel like doing my legs once a week.  A trim was one of the first things I was looking forward to doing when I got home but apparently not. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• My biggest symptom this week is just pure exhaustion. I've been sleeping great throughout the night despite pee breaks, but it feels like I cannot get enough sleep. I was in bed for 10 hours last night & would've kept sleeping if it weren't for my alarm.

Grow, baby, grow!
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @shevsky @mcgeeva I get the same pains too when walking. It's no fun.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited September 2018
    @texas_t Lol, at time out for kicks and also lol at bicycle peddling in your uterus @hkom haha.

@hoosiermama-2 and @katy0990 I'm 28 weeks today, so hopefully the kicks start to get a little more reasonable. I love kicks, just not the giant ones!
  • @whitneyb89 I would try and reach out to your doctor, it sounds like it could be DVT. I'm no expert and I am totally probably wrong, but you can never be too safe! 

+1 reflux :(  My feet and hands have started swelling, which is really fun. And I can't sleep to save my life. But the worst are the headaches! I've had chronic headaches most of my life and they've just become worse and more frequent during pregnancy. I've talked to my doctor about it and she recommended trying a few things. Some things work, but not every time. It's super frustrating. 
  • @morgantu and @CecilB93 Congrats on sleeping through the night - HOW DID YOU DO IT?!?! Super jealous over here! I was up at 2 and then again at 4 a.m. :disappointed: I decided at 4 that it wasn't worth being uncomfortable in bed and trying to sleep, so I just got up. 

Also, it has happened. My feet are bigger and I don't like it! I usually wear a size 9 (sometimes 9.5). I really needed a new pair of flats for work, and the smallest pair I fit in was a 10W. And they're honestly probably a bit too small. This is one I was REALLY hoping to avoid! I hope they don't stay bigger...
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @mag1cbeli3ver i just started propped (like a right queen, to use someone else's brilliant example) up on my back instead of moving to that position after waking up sore and tired 5 times. I didn't even have to pee. It was magical. 

Also, now that we're getting back into real shoe season, I'm a little concerned about which ones are going to make it 3 more months! 
  • omnommeromnommer member
    edited September 2018
    @mag1cbeli3ver My feet have been soooo sore by the end of the day and I need to go out and buy new, more supportive flats. I'm really hoping that I don't find I need bigger shoes!

For all of you who slept through the night, I'm so jealous! With my fragmented sleep, pre-pregnancy getting up 3x a night was a win because I'd already be waking up at least that much just from sleep issues. My sleep tracker said I had five full awakenings last night (which it's just a phone app) so I probably had at least double or triple that. Wheeeee.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Re:Sleeping through the night 
    Are you counting potty breaks? If so, I’m impressed! I get excited if I only wake 3 times per night to pee.
  • Sleeping though the night...no idea how it happened last night for me :joy: and @katy0990, I refuse to get up to pee lol. I think with DS I only got up once a night. Lately I stay awake until about 11, then wake up around 5:45-6:45. 

@mag1cbeli3ver I think my feet stayed bigger after DS, but I know a lot of ladies haven said theirs return to normal! FX you're lucky and they go back down! I definitely need to buy some new boots this year, regardless of being pregnant new boots were on my list honestly.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• I got up to pee 5 times between 8:30-10:30 last night. Like WTF bladder.
  • @CecilB93 I always feel like I am literally going to pee my pants if I don’t get up, but then I go to the bathroom and like 2 tablespoons comes out. It is so annoying!
  • @katy0990 I haven't reached that point yet! If I feel the need to pee that bad, I usually need to go a lot lol. But I do remember that with DS, towards the end I'd be in the bathroom once every hour during the day! It is so annoying!! I have had to get out of bed here and there with this one, but it's not an every night thing yet.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• has anyone had a metallic taste in their mouth during pregnancy? it's been happening to me the past two days or so, and its really gross lol
  • @jens_hoes I had that happen from time to time during first tri, but not lately.
  • @Jens_Hoes
    I think it was one of the "symptoms" of pregnancy, probably due to increased blood flow. 

• KatzaliaKatzalia member
    edited September 2018
    @Jens_Hoes yes! The metallic taste all the time was really bad earlier on for me. I had to switch to a glass water bottle because I couldn’t tolerate a metal water bottle on top of the gross metal taste in my mouth already. I still have it but not as bad as first tri. 
  • @Jens_Hoes It happened to me for a couple days a few weeks ago. Odd and annoying! 

I’m feeling crampy and achy today — I think because of poor sleep and because my mind can’t stop dwelling on this horrific thing my doulas told us last night when we were going over birth plan options. Sympathy ute pains or something :joy: 

Re: peeing, I’ve thankfully always been a 1x/night pee-er during pregnancy. And I’ve come to realize that if I wait to fall back asleep it’s worse — it’s better to just go as soon as I wake up so I can get back to sleeping. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @pensivecrayon Ok, please spoiler us the horrific thing. Thanks!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Hahaha @texas_t I was just waiting for the invitation to...

I think this happened to one of their clients, but I'm not sure. Basically the discussion was about the question of whether to consent to having the doctor tug on the cord to help pull the placenta out. Apparently a doctor tugged so hard he inverted the uterus and maybe it came out through the vagina? At that point my husband and I were cringing so we didn't hear the last part of it. I'm still cringing just typing this.

Obviously there are times when the placenta doesn't come out and that is a problem that needs to be dealt with, but for the love of god let it come out on its own if possible!!!

TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • @texas_t Apparently he does not work there anymore!!
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon OMG! That is horrible. Did he actually go to medical school?!?!?!
  • @PensiveCrayon I would hope not! Holy crap!! I can just hear it now “oops”