Minnesota Babies
Options

Lower back pain

Hello,

I'm 12 weeks along and have noticed that my lower back pain is getting worse.  The pain moves around, at first it almost felt like tailbone pain, I am assuming it is my uterus growing.  Just curious to see if any other moms are having the same pain and if I should be worried.  It is getting worse, if I bend with my back it almost feels like it is getting stuck at a certain point and almost too painful to straighten.

Re: Lower back pain

• Options
    Back pain is normal but yours sounds a little extreme. I would call your clinic and talk with a nurse. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    With my first I had really bad back pain in the first trimester.  I spent a few nights sleeping upright on the couch.  My OB said it was caused by the relaxin hormone loosing the muscles in my back.  She said if it continued into my second trimester she would put me in physical therapy.  Luckily it went away shortly after that.  I would call the nurse line or mention it at your next visit.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've had some low back, sacrum and tailbone pain so far and because of past issues I just started physical therapy last week. I'm doing a few exercises and will see how it goes. Talk to your OB office next week and see what they say.
    Jenny-34, DH-39, Furdog-Nissa
    TTC#1 since Aug '05, CP: 10/05, 8/12; BO: 1/13;
    IUI #8: BFP, beta 1, 6/4/13: 267, beta 2, 6/6/13: 765; First US 6/18/13-Twins!!!
    Due February 13, 2014 with two BOYS! 
    Henry Leo, 4# 13oz, 18.75 inches and Samuel Thomas, 6#, 18.5 inches arrived via c-section January 30th!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"