Infertility
Options

Oct 2018 FET

Re: Oct 2018 FET

• Options
    that's a awesome insurance you have @ndz2018, and yes you are blessed to have it! and your bday is the day before my DH's bday! and I my wish for you for your bday is not only to have a good saline sono but that you'll get your BFP in this FET cycle! 
  • Options
    @babydust2507 Your hubbys bday is 10/3??? So is my soon to be 4 year old nieces....who I adore :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ndz2018 , I meant to say the day after your saline sono, so 10/06! lol sorry for the confusion 
  • Options
    @babydust2507 Either way Oct birthdays are popular with this group of ladies and I , for one, see this as a very good sign for all :)
  • Options
    @ndz2018 I never had to wait for any results. They go in, look around and would tell you right then if they saw any issues. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    i believe it's a sign too @ndz2018! good for all of us!
  • Options
    @mkr_0128 @babydust2507 @Bababatty @mama2b1974 @blackhottamales thanks for the advice!  I’m going to call them next week

@mayflower513 I didn’t call them—it happened so fast. AF showed up on Friday, i had pre-op on Saturday and I had to have the procedure done on Monday morning  or wait until the following cycle. 

@ndz2018 my insurance doesn’t cover anything related to IF so most of the treatments haven’t been covered. But I know all the diagnostic tests I had at the very beginning with my RE were covered and they told me that these were considered diagnostic. I’m glad AF finally showed up and you can get things going!  Hopefully it’ll work out for a 10/30 transfer!

• Options
    @purplg8r Ugh your insurance can suck a big fat one!!  Lol seriously it’s so unfair how some women are completely covered and then some have absolutely nothing covered! Again like I  said I wish I can give away the cycles that I don’t use....  unfortunately that would be committing insurance fraud and I’m not willing to go to jail over that  ha ha ha!

@kristimh80 Awesome!!! So i guess we’ll know next Friday morning!!! FX everything looks great and I can move forward!!

• Options
    Thank you for all the advice and insight @babydust2507, @mama2b1974, and @ndz2018!!! I'm making notes of all of it so I can research some day I have nothing to do! I want to be prepared either way this cycle goes, I HATE waiting around especially when you're just trying to figure out next steps!!

Wow that is so crazy @ndz2018, you are most definitely blessed with that <3 totally agree though insurance should be for everyone lol. As for the sono, results should be told immediately :) 
  • Options

@hereforthebabies What a relief that the lower dose of Lupron was still successful! Remind me, when you figured out that it was too low, did they end up increasing it to the right level? Just curious. :) I’m so happy the cycle wasn’t cancelled!

@Griffin5413 Smart to do a massage on Tuesday! We need all the relaxation we can get! Good luck with your PIO tomorrow. :)

@babydust2507 Hooray for starting the next step! How is the Estrace treating you? And wow, how are they making you stay on Estrace for a month?? That just seems soooo long. 

@wishing-and-hoping Fantastic news about your lining! Tuesday is SO CLOSE! Hooray!

@leilee101 I’m sad you’re being pushed to November. :( I’m so sorry that your HCG is taking SO LONG to drop. I feel you on the running low on patience. I feel like our patience is doubly tested because there’s literally nothing we can do to speed things up except wait. 

@ndz2018 Hooray for AF! I’m so glad that B did not take her time and now you can get started! FX for your saline sons next Friday! Let us know how it goes. I had the results immediately because my RE literally told them to me as I was laying on the table. :) I think you will, too. 

@blackhottamales LOL I have definitely looked up my EDD, too. But I also have not really talked to anyone else about that, not even DH. Ditto on not wanting to get too excited. 

@mkr_0128 I’m also on the less hopeful side; it sucks because I used to be such an optimistic person. At our appointment yesterday I asked my RE how I could ensure that I could get in to see him quickly for a follow-up if this cycle failed, and ever optimistic DH chimed in with “Bababatty isn’t convinced this is going to work.” My RE was like, “I see that.” What can you do? I’ve become such a bitter and jaded person. But even though I’m not optimistic, I’m unwilling to stop, so I guess there’s still a kernel of optimism!

AFM U/S and bloodwork yesterday were fine, so I've stopped the Lupron and started PIO last night. Last week it felt like our FET would never come but it's less than a week away now! My clinic told me yesterday they want me to do bloodwork one more time on Wednesday, which is not going to work because I'm out of town for business. I tried to find a lab near my hotel but it doesn't open until 7:30 and of course I have to be at a networking breakfast at 7 with my colleague. So, calling on Monday to tell them they need to do the bloods on Tuesday because that's physically impossible. I'm prepared to be a complete B if necessary, but I think they'll work with me. 

I'm getting increasingly nervous because of my history of loss and the fact that we haven't really changed anything up this cycle other than we know this embryo is PGS normal and I'm doing acupuncture. Yesterday I asked my RE if it would be helpful to add in Lovenox or baby aspirin, and he said I could take baby aspirin if I really wanted. On the plus side (?) since I've now done pretty much every test known to man, we don't have to have a follow up to regroup if this cycle goes awry and can just go right into trying again. That's a weird feeling. 

• Options
    @babydust2507 sorry for the late reply. For sure! Embryos that are graded fair/poor have a shot at being normal too. The idea is the better they look, the higher the chance that they're normal. Other factors are involved too like the quality of the eggs - older eggs may make pretty embryos but are less likely to be normal - and the quality of the lining.
    I am Embryoman - your friendly neighborhood embryologist!
    **Removed for TOU violation**
  • Options
    suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited September 2018
    @mkr_0128 MDR charged me $4261 for my meds including trigger, but my insurance doesn't cover anything IF related. 

O.M.G. @ndz2018 ! The ball is spinning now, so happy for you! Eta; My saline results were the same day because it was done in clinic by my previous RE. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    @annielmartinez Welcome! Glad to have you in our Oct FET group ;) and YGPM :)

if you like to fill in your info I created a spreadsheet to help keep up with everyone appointments, protocol , etc 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Hp2DYP3NKffgFo3JJkKIs8GCCKUfoa3TUWWPs_Z-IT0
  • Options
    Welcome @annielmartinez!! Wishing you the best of luck with your FET ❤️
  • Options
    @annielmartinez do you have a Transfer date yet or are you like me and won’t know until closer to the date?

@ndz2018 FX that there’s great news after your saline solo 
  • Options
    @purplg8r I don’t have the exact date but estimated is 10.15.  Yours? I have short cycles, q23-24 days so everything happens a little earlier. 
  • Options
    @Bababatty I had dosed 6 days at half the dose before I corrected to the full dose. Thanks! Did you get your blood draw moved to the Tuesday? How are the PIO shots going? I’m excited for you, getting so close!

@annielmartinez welcome, and good luck on your FET! Any reason you chose the natural cycle out of curiosity? I’ve always been interested to go that route but haven’t yet. My FET is scheduled for 10/15 as well so we’re transfer buddies 😉

@ndz2018 glad you don’t have to be on bcp long! That’s great news 🙂 and like everyone else has said, I got the results of my saline sono right away since my RE performed it. Good luck!
  • Options
    @hereforthebabies YAY for being transfer buddies! 🤞🏼 for both of us and all the other ladies!  I decided to do natural because I get terrible hormonal migraines and my RE said there is no difference in terms of success for ladies with normal estrogen levels. I only have this one embryo so I’m hoping I’m making the right decision. 
  • Options
    @ndz2018 wahoooo!!! So exciting!! 😁
  • Options
    @annielmartinez no date for me yet.  Hoping I find out this week
  • Options
    @ndz2018 Yaaay! Forward progress!

@annielmartinez Welcome!! My RE said something similar as regards natural vs. programmed. I’m actually only doing a programmed cycle because I insisted on it after my last natural cycle was cancelled due to wonky estrogen (apparently just a poorly timed fluke since I’ve had a natural cycle before and don’t normally have cycle issues). Good luck!! I do not envy you being an OB/GYN. That cannot be easy to be around so many babies and pregnancies. 

@hereforthebabies I’ll call tomorrow about doing the bloodwork on Tuesday since my RE’s nursing line wouldn’t answer over the weekend anyway. The PIO is going well so far. Because i’ll Be away one night without DH, we’re practicing me doing it myself. I was so proud when I did it by myself yesterday!

• Options
    Getting excited about October!!! I’ve started Lupron but still feels like I’m not doing much. I’ve been workin a lot so it helps to keep my mind off the waiting. Hope we start getting good news in the forum pretty soon.  Have a good week ladies. 
  • Options
    @annielmartinez That is a Great reason to avoid the extra hormones. I’ve only gotten one migraine this cycle so far, but none would be even better! I’m sure you made the right decision, you have to be feeling healthy and not stressed out with migraines for your little embryo, right?
    @Bababatty  Giving yourself that shot should make you proud, I’m impressed! 👏

• Options
    Hi to all my friendly September ER buddies and new FET friends! I've been waiting to jump in, as my ET is supposed to be scheduled for 10/31 so I wasn't sure if I would make it to the October group or wait until November group. Had my saline sono last week and got the all clear to get the ball rolling!

Some history about me: TTC since January 2018. Due to prior ectopic in 2012, my gyno had me get started going to see the RE after four months TTC. Sure enough, through a very uncomfortable HSG we discovered that I had a blocked tube (shockingly the opposite side than my ectopic). I had surgery in July to close off that tube, and straight to IVF for me!

I had my ER last month and out of the 35 (!) eggs retrieved, we now have 13 embryos chillin on ice. I am currently on BCP and started 5 units daily of Lupron over the weekend. This week is my last week of BCP and then I will be on Lupron until tentatively 10/25. Next week I am scheduled for blood and ultrasound, and then I am supposed to start Estrace and Vivelle (the patch) on 10/10. 10/26 start PIO and 10/29 the progesterone suppositories (FUN STUFF).

I am already expecting to be a hot mess come 10/31 considering I will be jacked up on estrogen and progesterone. Anyone else have this absurd protocol?
  • Options
    @Bababatty - I hear you! Last FET I asked about taking baby aspirin but the nurse just looked at me, rolled her eyes and said, we don't do aspirin.  This time I will communicate them that I will be taking it, I need to do something different, for my sanity.  I try to be positive and hopeful but deep inside this whole IF history has done some damage, so I need to add something to hold on and keep my hopes up.

@annielmartinez and @laurenc52 - Welcome!! I wish I could have avoided the amount of hormones, but my clinic never mentioned an option of a natural cycle.  I started 1 patch every other day a week ago, and since I have been getting mild-strong headaches.  Though things are looking better now, yesterday and today so far, no pain at all, just a little bloated...hope I don't jinx it, because on Wed I start increasing the patches and by Sat I should be on 4 patches!!! Though I remember once I started the PIO all gets balanced...I mean you kind of exchange headache for boob soreness but I will take it!

Have a great week everyone, GL with appointments and I think we already start with transfers this week! :) 
  • Options
    @laurenc52 nice to "see" you again.  I just got my protocol and estimated transfer date is 10/30.  My protocol is basically the same as yours--i'm hoping to try and remember everyday that i'm on a ton of hormones and try not to freakout on MH.  
  • Options
    How do I know if someone replies to me on this. Left 2 posts but don't get any notifications nor can I find them looking at all these comments. Feeling so lost. My first and only IVF cycle starts this month and I just don't know what to expect or how to make sure I give it my best shot...

• Options
    @dan-g you should see notifications at the top right hand of your screen if you're using the desktop version (on a little icon of a globe).  I don't think anyone in this thread responded to your post - I didn't respond because I saw that you had gotten some responses on the other thread you started.  While I have not had the same situation with needing the high levels of medications, we are each different when it comes to response to stimulation (not to mention that each of us would respond differently from cycle to cycle).  I would just encourage you to ask your doctor lots of questions whenever you're feeling lost or confused.  Is there something specific right now that you're worried or wondering about?
    TTC History in Spoiler
    Me: 29  DH:34
    TTC 21 cycles
    All TI cycles BFN (with letrozole, ovidrel, prometrium)
    Hysteroscopy + Polypectomy + D&C on 1/3
    IUI #1 February 6, BFP 2/21, CP 2/26
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    July 2018 IVF, developed lead follicle, converted to TI, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• Options
    @wishing-and-hoping - OMG!! your transfer is tomorrow!!! our fist this month!! sooo exciting!!!
    No special rituals for the 2WW...I just take it easy for the first two days and then go back to work to keep my mind busy.  I also continue with ~3 brazil nuts every day and acupuncture 2x a week.  And against all recommendations and behind DH back, I POAS a lot!! I can't help it...those tests are stronger than me. 

I will be praying for you tonight.  Hope you get a good rest and a great transfer day tomorrow :) 
  • Options
    @Dan-g Ditto what @wishing-and-hoping said. Also you might get answers on the October IVF thread because those ladies would be cycling with you. It sounds like either your RE hasn’t explained their treatment reasoning or you didn’t understand it so I’d definitely bring your questions directly to your RE or your nurse. If you’re not comfortable or are confused about it right now, you might also consider waiting another cycle. I know how much waiting sucks; moreover if you’re concerned there are things you should be doing to up your chances of good embryos i’d Talk to your RE and maybe wait a few more cycles while you apply any suggestions he or she has. I will say my RE doesn’t explain the reasoning for certain dosages to me, although I’m sure he would if I asked, so that may be fairly common. That said, your RE should have apprised you of your bloodwork results and alerted you if there was an issue, such as low AMH, that would explain your response.
  • Options
    @wishing-and-hoping Thinking of you. I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow, FX <3

@ndz2018 That's how I think of our embies too. My husband and I talked about it last night that we are technically parents to 11 kids right now :D 

Afm; I will be joining the October FET camp. It will be some time at the end of October. As soon as AF shows up, we will get started. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Wow, things are getting real with transfers happening! @MamaK225 @wishing-and-hoping congrats ladies, and good luck!🍀 

As for tww, I’ll be doing Brazil nuts, pineapple, pomegranate juice, keeping my feet warm and try and laugh with some funny movies! It helps I like those foods anyway 🤗