Infertility
Options

Oct 2018 FET

Re: Oct 2018 FET

• Options
    Thank you @mkr_0128 and @hereforthebabies! I guess I'm afraid that if it continues to drop it will shrink my lining or something...
  • Options
    @albrooks11 Welcome to Oct! FX that you get your 2nd little with this transfer!

@babydust2507 I would definitely call and ask to speak to someone. Your estrogen is high enough but I think it’s more concerning that your progesterone is low. That’s what supports the pregnancy until HCG kicks in. All labs use different criteria for what is “normal” so I would ask what their minimal standards are transfer. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't start my PIO yet and being on a ovary suppression/medicated cycle they say it's normal so I'm starting PIO on friday @annielmartinez
  • Options
    @babydust2507 ahhh that makes sense then!
  • Options
    @albrooks11... Welcome to the group and Fx for another take home baby!

@babydust2507.... so glad that you’re able to start soon

congrarulations to all the ladies with positive betas and doubling numbers!
    Married 11 years. PCOS; TTC since 2009; 3 unsuccessful IUIs;
    New RE. First & Hopefully Last IVF November 2013.
  • Options
    *lurking*

@babydust2507 i don't think they would schedule you for transfer if they weren't confident. i think they can control stuff better with medicated cycles so if your lining weren't ready, they would just keep you on longer before starting PIO.  i presume they think you're ready to start PIO and that will help even out your levels... but that's just a guess.  congrats on having a transfer day... it's getting real! :)

@Bababatty oh happy day! we've been at this all year, so i'm so glad to hear that you had successful HCG doubling. fx for continued growth and an uneventful PG.
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• Options
    @Bababatty - I'm so happy for you!!!! yay for doubling betas!!!!
    annielmartinez - yes I have a little boy who will be 2 Dec 7th. It's kind of weird to think sometimes that technically we just transferred his twin b/c they were made on the same day. 
    mayflower513 - you can start to hear the heart beat at 6 weeks. With the vaginal U/S you can see the flicker of the heart beat around 5 weeks. My RE does this one at 5 weeks 4 days post transfer. Its crazy how quickly they start forming!
    @albrooks11 - welcome! our first little ones are just a few weeks apart too. Good luck next week!
    @babydust2507 - congrats on your green light! I love that all of the ladies are getting so close now!!!! Is there another nurse you can talk to tomorrow? I think the estrogen is for your lining and the Progesterone is what helps keep the healthy pregnancy. But you should definitely ask for your own peace of mind!
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @roisis - Less than a week for your transfer!! And I love what you did for that kitten, you and Hobbes are lucky to have found each other.  I also think is a good sign!

AFM - I am 5DP5DT and basically terrified!! I am not even sure I will POAS this time.  I have no symptoms whatsoever!! No cramps, no spotting or sore boobs (just mild since PIO), nothing compared to the other 2 transfers, where it was obvious by this time.  I never knew the embryo grading, just that all 3 were fair, but the Dr said they used the best looking the first time, so I guess the second best looking was used for the second FET and this one is the lowest graded...anyways, just hoping this one is taking the time to implant and keeping the hopes up!! 
  • Options
    @roisis - I'm so sorry you've had so much stress going on and I'm glad to hear your family is ok! What a fun surprise with a kitty!!! Will definitely be thinking about you on Tuesday!!!
    @mama2b1974 - I think my first time around I didn't really have any symptoms. I haven't had many symptoms this round either apart from what all of the meds do to your body. I feel like grading doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things especially if they are all fair. My boss has 2 healthy boys from IVF and they were live c quality embryos. You are half way through the 2ww!!! 

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @roisis I love that story! Hobbes is so lucky to have stumbled onto your yard and I think it’s a beautiful sign if life to come! 
    @mama2b1974 I can’t imagine the anxiety you’re feeling. Hang in there and know that you have a lot of strangers rooting for you. ❤️

Our clinic called and said we need to be there at 2pm today!! We are doing laser acupuncture before and after transfer. I’m also bringing a few good luck charms—a fertility egg that a friend passed to me when we first started trying. It had been passed along woman to woman that all had babies. I also have a pamper that my stepmom had saved from her infertility journey. Same concept...this lucky pamper was passed along and she conceived my twin brothers after 8years of trying. That was 23 years ago and now it’s in my hands!  Hoping you ladies are having a good day!
  • Options
    I'm at work and will read up later today, but had my blood and sono this morning! I don't know if I'll hear the blood results since they say they will only call if they need to change the meds.. But my sono looked good! He said I was on track, and said "e is 9A... Lining looks good!" Im assuming 9 is the lining number then? I had asked him also before the sono if there is anything such as "too thick" lol and he said no some ladies have been at 20! So I asked if the thicker meant any better prognosis and he said nope once you're over the "threshold" (8 for my clinic) "you're good", so maybe that's some comfort @babydust2507! I up my Estrogen to 2 pills, 3 times a day now (instead of 2 times a day)... Unless they call with my blood and tell me different. Same blood and sono appointment for me next Thursday! 
  • Options
    @roisis Congrats on your new kitten! I'm super allergic or I’d probably have one.. that and my dog tries to play with cats like they're dogs and has been swatted by a few claws throughout his life lol.

@annielmartinez GOOD LUCK TODAY!! Sending you the stickiest of thoughts! 

@mama2b1974 I'm sure you're anxious after all this. We're here if you need to vent! FX for a BFP!!

SO I started spotting today! I won't be too far behind you guys in NOV! I'm invested in this group so I'll for sure stick around cheering my OCT FET GIRLS ON!!!
  • Options
    babydust2507babydust2507 member
    edited October 2018
    Thank you ladies for your comforting words! I appreciate all of you! and thank you @northbeach3 for checking in and sharing your insights to comfort me as well, I really appreciate it.
    So I called this morning to talk to a nurse and she said, the minimum estrogen level recommended before transfer is above 100 and I'm way above that. And the fluctuation on the estrogen level while being on the supplement pill is often seen and they're not worried about it, and once i start the PIO it will maintain my lining and and my estrogen level. And on a medicated cycle they want my progesterone to stay that low until we are ready (me and RE/embryologist) ,so it won't interfere with my calendar and their (RE and embryologist) availability. So starting PIO twice a day on Friday then once a day everyday until transfer day and progesterone suppository 2 hrs prior transfer will bring me where they want me to be for sure, that's their way to have control over my hormones and not let my body dictate them. She said that they are not worried about it, and don't think I will need BW/US before transfer . So I guess I gotta trust them on that and chill...
    @Griffin5413 I think the same way about all these embies conceived the same day from the same cycle/ sperm are kinda "twins" to me too! I'm wondering if they will really look alike like twins. Ladies with baby #2 let us know when baby #2 is born! I wanna know!
    @roisis sorry that you're going thru all of that few days before transfer, sending you positive vibes! and that's awesome that you got a new kitty! send us a picture! and I believe that's a sign too and will also keep you busy for your 2WW!
    @mama2b1974 no symptoms is common doesn't mean you are not pregnant but I know it's stressful. and embryo grade don't really matter so just believe this lil one is your lucky one! check the forum "how you clinic grade embies" by embryoman, that will give you some peace. he has a link of a website that explains how embryo grades even PGS tested don't really mean anything or guaranty PG, that poor embryo quality can end up with healthy pregnancy and babies. hang in there and GL my dear! wait is almost over! you're getting closer to your BFP!
  • Options
    congrats @ndz2018 for AF! that's great news! and yeah come back and you can join both forums (Oct/Nov) I have been lurking NOV forum to check on you girls too!
  • Options
    @roisis Cutest thing I have seen all day!!!!!
  • Options
    we're transfer buddies! kinda... yours is a day prior mine! and what a cute kitty! you're soooooooooooo lucky @roisis!!!!!!! I just wanna hold him/her and pet him/her! And ya, I can't believe I'm starting PIO tomorrow too, i said Friday like it was in a week or something... lol
  • Options
    @roisis sorry you are dealing with to much right now! omg that kitten is too adorable. I’m glad he/she came around when you needed it most. Something to distract you and love at this time is great. I have a 9 year old cat that usually prefers my husband, but yesterday when i came home from transfer, he was loving all up on me, and laid across my belly which is rare for him. I think animals are amazing at being in tune to our emotions. 

@mama2b1974 I think the last time, i was the craziest at 5dpt. It’s right around that time that I started looking for symptoms and over analyzing every cramp, twitch, ache, gas bubble. The lack of symptoms, I don’t think necessarily means anything. I had a lot of symptoms on my last and it was a chemical. I have heard a lot of women not have a single symptom and we’re sure they were not preg go on to have beautiful healthy babies. Keep your chin up...this part is so hard but we are here with you. 

@annielmartinez omg I love you have those luck charms passed on to you. What a sense of comfort! Good luck to you today!!!!

I know there are many more that I have not responded too and it’s not because I have any less love for y’all, I just find it hard to keep track on this message board, and i hadn’t logged on since early yesterday and There was a lot of new stuff. 

AFM: almost exactly 24 hours post transfer. I have had some cramping today which not sure what or why that is about. I didn’t experience any cramping last time until about 5 or 6 days post transfer. I am trying hard to convince myself that yesterday was just another monitoring appointment and that I am not in the TWW...it isn’t working lol. I am also frustrated as it seems the hubby has kind of checked out of the process. I think he never really considered the first transfer failing despite both me and the doctors/nurses explaining possibilities. So when it failed it hit him hard. He now kinda has a negative attitude and didn’t want to look at the pic of the embryo or really talk about the transfer. I get it that it’s his way of protecting himself but it’s frustrating for me. It builds on some resentment for me that I already have that I have to go through all these appointments, medications, injections etc, meanwhile he just had to man juice in a cup. Thank God I have all of you!

just a reminder to those who may have missed the post or forgot...i made a Facebook group for those of you interested in joining. It is a closed group under the name Woman’s Support Association(that way people will not know what the group is about). Make sure you spell it Woman’s not Women’s. The profile pic is a field of purple flowers. Ur friends will be able to see you belong to the group but not see any posts in the group. There are about 7 of us there now, and for me it’s an easier way of communicating that this message board. Would love to have more of you join us!

• Options
    @roisis omg that kitty is toooooo cute!!

@babydust2507  I'm glad your nurse cleared up your concerns! Definitely trust in them and have faith! Though I know it's easier said than done!

@dreamunoz I feel ya on the husband! Mine never really asks anything in particular, it's more me telling him what's going on and he doesn't seem super interested (though I wonder and assume that's because we used DS and he prob still feels odd about it). I'm hoping he becomes more invested... And same for yours!
  • Options
    @dreamunoz and @mkr_0128 I hear you girls! I get upset when I have to remind him about the appts and stress him out to get ready to we can be there on time! like I feel like if you care enough you should know and get ready for it! just like when you have a business meeting. I feel like the process is too long for him to get excited or stress himself about specially because during the whole process he ain't got nothing to do! on the other side I'm over here trying to remember what pills/ injections I have to take and make sure I take them on time and everything else... he only gets excited from transfer till beta, which I don't like it because that's where I get really anxious with all the what is and he's dancing all the time saying you're pregnant, we're gonna have a baby (eye rolls) see that' the annoyingness we're talking about (*eye rolls)
  • Options
    @babydust2507 Haha yes! Drives me nuts. I'll be curious how mine acts after transfer cause we haven't made it that far yet 
  • Options
    @mkr_0128 I hope he won't be as annoying as my DH and feel your stress instead! hahaha
  • Options
    @babydust2507 omg! you just described my husband! He was the same way last transfer...and literally told the whole world when we got our positive home test...which i told him not to because we didn’t know what was going to happen. Sure enough 3 days later we were now telling everyone that it failed. I get that he was excited...but it was so hard getting everyone excited with us and then having to tell them it was a no go. It was bad enough processing our own emotions but having to recount it time after time to all the people he shared it with despite me asking him not too. The kicker was...the day of my last transfer he told our 7 year old son that his little brother was in my belly. My son has been begging for a sibling for years. He got so excited and was so amazingly sweet about it. I know my husband did it to explain to my son that he needed to take it easy with me and not stress me out etc. but then when it failed I’m like omg now i have to tell him...so i opted not to tell him in hopes that this transfer works. He is young enough that the timing difference won’t be noticeable to him, so FX that I won’t have to break his little heart. If this one fails, i don’t plan to transfer my last embie right away and will likely give myself a couple months to mentally process and what not. Oh lord please baby stick!

• Options
    Thanks so much ladies!! I really needed to vent out a little this morning.  <3<3<3<3
    Its funny to read today specially all the comments about DHs....it seems that today should be declared "DH you are not the best partner for the 2ww" national day, because all this anxiety and stress in part is because my husband's attitude this time.  I know its hard to be positive after all we have gone through in the past, but he is now (I guess as a defense mechanism) being the most negative person.  Last night I mentioned the lack of symptoms and he said, the sooner we know this is not working the better.  Before the last 2 FETs and every time we had a glass of wine, he would always toast to the baby, this time nothing! he would toast to the weather before the baby.
    Feeling better now, and definitely holding the testing until BETA, I just don't want to test and see a negative and then just agonize until next Tue.
  • Options
    OMG @dreamunoz that's so my husband too! like I just wanna slap him lol like stop it ! when we got pregnant naturally a month after we got married he told the whole world! neighbors, family members, friends... even his mom's neighbor! like WTH! what they're gonna do with that! and when we had  to take pictures he will hold my belly like I'm showing already just for people to ask THE question (*eye rolls) so when we're miscarried I had to tell all these people that we lost the baby, I was so mad at him for that. But last time (fresh transfer) he learned the lesson didn't even tell his family, I was proud of him for that, it's just the smiling, staring at my belly, or putting his hands on it or dancing that annoy me! maybe I just trying to protect myself from disappointment hope he will of better this time but I doubt it because he is already getting excited (*eye rolls)
  • Options
    @babydust2507  - I'm so glad your nurse reassured you! 
    @annielmartinez - I almost got all teary reading about your good luck charms. I love that your MIL gave you hers too. So sweet!
    @dreamunoz - I'm so sorry your husband is being kinda crummy! Sometimes they are so dense! I think once it actually happens, it becomes a little more real. He'll get there! Until then, you can lament to us any time :smiley:
    Also, I still can't find the group when I search for it. I will PM you my name of FB so you can maybe add me? 

So here's a funny story... my husband had "the man flu" earlier this week for about a day. Last night he was teasing me and calling me a baby to which I responded that if anyone was being a baby this week it wasn't me. Then he tried to liken his 6 hours of throwing up to my 24 hour labor where I spent 3 hours pushing and still ended up with a c-section. I of course laughed uncontrollably b/c he is ridiculous! 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    that is funnyyyyyyyy @Griffin5413! men are something else LOL
  • Options
    Thank you all! Little man Hobbes has settled in nicely and pretty much taken over the house! I had to make sure to give our doggo lots of extra cuddles so she knows she's still my best girl - It's cuddle central in our house <3<3

@annielmartinez Yay for PUPO!!!! I hope all your wonderful good luck charms did their magic :)
    @dreamunoz (& all) I hear you about husband's attitudes changing. I want to premise this with the fact my DH is being really sweet and great to me at the moment (not by any means perfect - he did forget about my lining check app!!) - but I just don't think he has any positivity left in him. After our first transfer when we got a positive he was so excited, but that loss took all the excitement out of him - to the point whereby he wouldn't really talk about the second pregnancy and he felt like that loss was inevitable. I've already said to him that if we get a positive this time I need him to be positive - yes there are risks and it's good to be aware that things don't always work out but that - in whatever state we're in - in preparation, PUPO or with an early positive - we need to hang on to the belief that this can work (without telling all the neighbours!). Otherwise it's just adding extra stress that won't help the situation. I mean - we've all struggled badly with this, but really - getting PUPO is already an amazing achievement in this journey and it brings us a huge step closer to having the baby we want. Ok - sorry for a bit of a waffle - my main point is that we are all amazing to have even got this far in this journey. I'm sorry this won't work for all of us this time around, but it will for many of us and we really have to try to stay positive (as difficult as that is). Rock on Warrior Ladies <3<3
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Married Oct 2010, TTC ~7yrs
    Seeing RE since Spring 2013
    Clomid - no response
    Letrozole (6 months) 2015 
    Laperoscopy/Hysteroscopy in 2015
    Puregon injectibles + trigger x5 in 2016 - all BFN
    Started IVF March 2017 - 25 follies, 9 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 survived-> frozen due to hyper stimulation of ovaries
    FET May 16th 2017, BFP May 27th 2017, m/c @ 9wks
    IVF #2 February 2018 - 16 eggs, 8 fertilised, 3 frozen embabies
    Awaiting FET April 2018 - cancelled (cyst)
    FET May 2018, BFP June 2nd 2018, m/c @ 8wks
    FET October 2018 - BFN
    Final FET - late November 2018

• Options
    autumnlvsautumnlvs member
    edited October 2018
    @roisis congrats on the kitten!! So cute! Orange tabbies have so much personality :smile: please let DH know he will solely be responsible for the litter box though (don't want to risk toxo).

@babydust2507 promise that your lining won't decrease with the variations in the estrogen - it will keep building as long as that number is > 100 and then the progesterone will keep it nice and plump!

@mama2b1974 I also went down the rabbit hole of testing and then had to remind myself how long that little blasto is self-sustaining, and how long it takes for implantation, and then to start producing the hcg. Promise to hold out with you :smile:

@annielmartinez I love the puzzle idea - so clever! Keep those ideas coming because I think I've maxed my annual shopping budget... :blush: (and that is a seriously good-looking emby!)

@Griffin5413 yup, the heart forms around 24 days so your OB is spot on!

Congrats to the ladies who are PUPO this week and sticky wishes to the upcoming :smile:
  • Options
    @autumnlvs Thanks! I think it looks just like me. 😂😂
    @roisis  Pet snuggles are sooo sweet! I wish we could have a dog but DH is allergic to everything. 
  • Options
    I have no idea how to look at embryos, but @annielmartinez your embaby looks soo pretty  :)  Congrats on being PUPO!! 
  • Options
    thank you @autumnlvs for your comforting words, i really appreciate it! 
    @annielmartinez congrats on being PUPO! sending you sticky vibes! 
    @roisis I like what you said about we should be proud of ourselves for making that far and stay positive! how was your first PIO shot today? I took mine this morning wasn't fun! last time the nurse drew a spot where will should administrate the shot which gave DH some peace like he wasn't gonna at the wrong spot and hurt me. so this time we forgot to ask that and we were both pretty anxious, feeling like we didn't know what we're doing, since it's been awhile too. but overall it went ok, but still PIO can't never be fun! my DH excitement is on again! I guess because he feels like he's doing something now, LOL!
    @cscronce how are you doing in your 2WW?
  • Options
    mayflower513mayflower513 member
    edited October 2018
    @Griffin5413 Yes the heartbeat should be starting but not everything follows the same timeline is all.  I hope you get to see it but wouldn't want you to get upset if you don't, just because it's really early.  My RE said he doesn't like to do ultrasounds before 7 weeks because you don't know what you'll see/not see before then.  I went at 6 weeks 4 days and had a big rollercoaster to follow because we saw no fetal pole, yolk sac, or heartbeat.  My HCG levels were over 30k.  They were so sure they should have seen something that they called it nonviable, only to see it all there in an ultrasound while I was under for a d&c at exactly 7 weeks.  Obviously my case was extreme and not common, but I'd hate for you to have expectations not be met just because it's early.
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• Options
    So much has gone on in a day! @annielmartinez congrats mama ❤️👏 so happy you’re PUPO! @mama2b1974 sorry your hubs isn’t being hopeful at the moment. I know my moods are greatly affected by those around me. 🤞❤️ Thinking of you guys! @roisis You have made my day with that picture!!!! Thank you for sharing, what a sweet story😍 @dreamunoz I agree cramping is a good sign, something is going on in there!! Thanks again for making the Facebook group. I probably shouldn’t be encouraging symptom spotting...but all you ladies in the TWW, any unusual symptoms? I know one that caught me by surprise was some shortness of breath (while sitting). Had that last time, so I’m hoping!
  • Options
    Well ladies.....I had my ultrasound and blood work this morning to check on my lining for our transfer next Wednesday and my lining is 20?!!! I am now panicking because I’ve never heard of a lining being that thick? Is it possible to have too thick of a lining?? 
  • Options
    @albrooks11 I just asked my doc that question yesterday and mentioned some ladies had said theirs was 13, but is there such thing as too thick? And he said "no, we have even had women with linings of 20!" And he never said it was a bad thing :) yay for a date! 
  • Options
    @albrooks11 my office wanted <17mm, but I’m not sure what the research says. When I had 14.5mm they lowered my estrogen so it wouldn’t grow more. That being said everybody is different, your body might be just where it should be!!!
  • Options
    @albrooks11 that's awesome congrats girl for the plump lining!!!! you go my transfer buddy!