November 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms - month of September

Didn't see a September board started yet.

Anyone else have side effects from Tdap? I'm so exhausted today, headache, and a tiny fever. Google says they are all side effects but I'm just hoping I'm not getting sick.

Re: Symptoms - month of September

• Options
    @ftm_jen My arm was sore for a couple days, but that's all. I had a double whammy with Tdap in one arm and progesterone in the other. I think I prefer the sore arm over the itching that has started to accompany the progesterone injection site.

I've been getting bad abdominal pain on days I'm on my feet too much or when I don't drink enough water. The first couple times I was concerned about contractions, but it wasn't a "fading then coming back" pain. It was pretty constant when I was standing. I guess I need a support band/belt. 

Carpal tunnel has been annoying, but I haven't had any more night where I wake up to the intense pain that requires an ice pack before it goes away. 
    RLS seems to be kicking in whenever I'm falling asleep. Also, more annoying than anything else.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @middleschoolmommy carpal tunnel is no fun. Try to make sure you stretch your fingers back to open up any tightening on the nerves. Do you have a bigger water jug so it's easy to keep track of your intake? I find it easier than counting cups/bottles.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Heartburn and sleepless nights! It’s terrible. Also I’m not excited to get my TDap after hearing everyone complaining about it haha!

oh also groin pain - getting up and walking is a pain!
  • Options
    @ftm_jen - I hope you're not getting sick. I got my Tdap vaccine at my last appointment and my arm was just sore for 2-3 days like usual. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    Nothing other than soreness from my Tdap.. baby is moving and grooving all the time in there and its so fun to feel! No huge symptoms except for emotionality and fatigue, but that could be from work starting again!
  • Options
    @cpow18 I'm right there with you on the heartburn and trouble sleeping. 

I had an ulcer in December and it's starting to feel like it's coming back. Luckily my ob approved zantac and that seems to be helping. 

Looks like I'm in the minority here, but didn't have any soreness with my tdap! Although DH got his at the same time and was complaining about it hurting the next day. 
  • Options
    Insomnia in the middle of the night. Two nights in the last week I woke up to pee around midnight and couldn’t fall back asleep for three hours. I did not have this my first pregnancy, it is not cool. I’m even more tired this pregnancy because I am chasing a 2.5 yo. 9 more weeks, then at least the lack of sleep can be offset by unlimited coffee and cute baby snuggles. 
  • Options
    @ftm_jen just soreness for me. I hope it stays at that. 

@meg1115 lucky duck with no soreness!

@cpow18 the groin pain comes and goes for me. Thankfully once I'm up and moving it's *usually* stops but getting going is rough lol.

@millerbear56 insomnia sucks! GL chasing your 2yo! I have a hard enough time getting through the day without chasing a LO :D 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    meg1115 said:
    @cpow18 I'm right there with you on the heartburn and trouble sleeping. 

I had an ulcer in December and it's starting to feel like it's coming back. Luckily my ob approved zantac and that seems to be helping. 

Looks like I'm in the minority here, but didn't have any soreness with my tdap! Although DH got his at the same time and was complaining about it hurting the next day. 
    I didn’t have any issues with the tdap either. No soreness- I completely forgot about it lol
  • Options
    Insomnia in the middle of the night. Two nights in the last week I woke up to pee around midnight and couldn’t fall back asleep for three hours. I did not have this my first pregnancy, it is not cool. I’m even more tired this pregnancy because I am chasing a 2.5 yo. 9 more weeks, then at least the lack of sleep can be offset by unlimited coffee and cute baby snuggles. 
    I am so much more tired this pregnancy. My other two kiddos do not stop moving, ever. The insomnia has started to hit here too and I get so frustrated because I am wiped. Solidarity. 
  • Options
    I woke up this morning and my left boob had leaked colostrum all over my shirt. My left boob was my underproducer with both my son and daughter so it’s somewhat ironic that it’s already leaking a bit now. 
  • Options
    Heartburn is awful, I’m taking Zantac and Tums all the time now. I’m even eating small meals because I fill up fast but then hungry again soon! 

Lots of BH contractions. Especially when I’m on my feet all day chasing DD. 

Up every few hours at night to pee. Luckily I’m so exhausted I just fall right back to sleep. 

Not sure if this counts as a symptom but nesting like crazy! I’m obsessed with getting everything organized. 

• Options
    Heartburn is awful, I’m taking Zantac and Tums all the time now. I’m even eating small meals because I fill up fast but then hungry again soon! 

Lots of BH contractions. Especially when I’m on my feet all day chasing DD. 

Up every few hours at night to pee. Luckily I’m so exhausted I just fall right back to sleep. 

Not sure if this counts as a symptom but nesting like crazy! I’m obsessed with getting everything organized. 
    The freaking up every few hours to pee is ridiculous.. I'm experiencing that too and its crazy! Been going off 90 minutes of sleep before having to get up for the past few months- not fun without a good coffee waiting for me in the morning!
  • Options
    So much heartburn, it is ridiculous! Peeing soooooo much! I am also so tired I have such a hard time staying awake, but also hardcore insomnia. It sucks! I also started getting sick again. Had a really good month and now it’s all back!  :(
    nws
  • Options
    Anybody else really f***ing hate stretch marks? 
  • Options
    I have terrible pain in the balls of my feet when I wake up in the morning. I have plenty of swelling of the ankles and feet at the end of the day. I'm also up at least 3 times a night to pee. 
  • Options
    Nerve issues and joint pain in my feet/toes! Some reflux and back pain. Groin pain when I wake up. 

The biggest thing - MY RIBS. They crash into my stomach/uterus and generally don't fit inside my body anymore. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ashkee05 Oh no! So sorry to hear you're feeling sick again.  :'(
    @emjohn517 I cackled at "I'm like a turtle on its back." So, so true. Getting out of bed is so hard. 
    @lifesabeach85 I've been nesting too! MH got all the baby clothes out for me, so I washed a ton of them, organized them, put them in the nursery, etc etc. It feels a little silly getting some of this done when I still have 2 months to go, but it also feels great getting it out of the way so I don't have to worry about it. 
    @cpow18 Stretch marks are the worst because there's really nothing you can do about them. :( 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    Anyone else having hip pain? I’ve had it on and off, especially from sleeping on my side, but the last couple mornings when I’ve woken up it’s been intense. Combined with lower back pain and it hurt to walk into work this morning. Full on pregnant lady waddle. 
  • Options
    @emjohn517 “like a turtle on its back” is the most true thing I’ve read.  :D getting out of bed is the worst lately. 

@firsttimespartanmom I’m there with you on the lower back and hip pain, but I also had bad hip issues before pregnancy. The waddle is so real in the mornings.

Does anyone else experience contractions in the middle of the night? The last two nights when I get up to pee (about every two hours  :| ) I’m having pretty strong BH contractions. My whole stomach is so tight and hard it’s difficult to stand upright. I had one last night that actually woke me from my between-the-pee-breaks sleep because it was so strong. They’re not to the level of painful (except the one that woke me), but definitely very very uncomfortable.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @firsttimespartanmom THIS!  The hip and lower back pain, radiating down my leg was bad last night. I ended up moving to the recliner at 3am because it hurt too bad to lay on my sides. I did not have this kind of pain with my first. From what I understand it’s the weight of the baby/uterus on my sciatic nerve. Ouch!  #8moreweeks
  • Options
    @firsttimespartanmom I'm completely with you on the hip pain, but like, @rosebud1230 I also had hip issues prior to pregnancy. I do go to a chiropractor every two weeks just to make sure everything is in line. Even so, I get pain from sleeping on my side. 

I'm definitely slowing down and can feel the fatigue faster. Pretty much as soon as 28 weeks hit, I've been exhausted! I also didn't know it was humanly possible to pee this much!! It's seriously almost hourly. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Currently NOT suffering from: insomnia, hemorrhoids, or heartburn.  Reminding myself to be grateful because it could always be worse.

Currently whining to anyone who will listen about: Hip pain, back pain, general fatigue, and stretch marks.

I was so proud of not getting any stretch marks (not that it's something I have any control over anyway)...and then I realized that they're all under my belly, where I couldn't see.  Bright red stripes--I think I had seen them before and thought that I had just scratched my belly recently.  But OMG no, these are definitely stretch marks.  I showed my husband, and he already knew.  Clearly I need a longer mirror.
    Married: Nov 2010
    TTC #1 since: Aug 2016
    Dx: Unexplained
    6 failed IUIs on Letrazole & Ovidrel
    Final (#7) IUI - BFP!
    EDD: Nov 2018
    Team Pink!
    Me: 31/DH: 30

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @soehlerk my last pregnancy I was so excited to not have stretch marks right up until the very end. I assumed I was lucky. But no, they showed up at like 39weeks. Le sigh...

Insomnia is back! It is by far my least favorite symptom. I don't like to be reminded of what's coming (meaning nights where I only get a few hours of sleep)

• Options
    cpow18 said:
    Anybody else really f***ing hate stretch marks? 
    I call them my flame tattoo lol. Have them from all three kiddos. They’re my badges of honor! 
  • Options
    So I was put on pelvic rest today for a week because I spotted this morning (only when I wiped). Don’t have any cramps or any other symptoms and am still feeling baby girl. My doctor didn’t seem super concerned since he’s not making me come in which is a relief. My last ultrasound showed my placenta had moved up a big and my cervical length was good - I only spoke with the nurse because OB was in a delivery but she said it’s more precautionary than anything. They might send me in to do a scan again at my appt on Friday. 

I was was supposed to fly to Huntsville to see my sister next week but that might not be happening :(
  • Options
    @rosebud1230 I've been having consistent BH but last night I woke up around 3am with what I perceived to be an actual contraction which was painful in my back and lower abdomen and reminded me of bad menstrual cramps. It lasted about a minute and then went away but didn't come back. I was surprised because it woke me up.

@emjohn517 "turtle on it's back" is the right way to describe it lol...it's like I need a push start to get up from a lying position lol

@cpow18 sorry to hear about the spotting...fx it will resolve and you won't have to worry

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    @cpow18 I'm so sorry to hear about the spotting-- I spotted today too and it was scary scary. Hoping you resolve ASAP
  • Options
    All the classic 3rd tri symptoms here - heartburn, back pain, fatigue, insomnia, unable to bend over :'(

Baby boy also likes to head bang A LOT and my stomach feels bruised where he keeps his head. I love feeling the movements, but I'm over that one in particular.

Also - I've woken up in the night with a lot if pain in my vaginal opening and where I tore with DS1. It's so weird. Any STM+ getting phantom pains? I'm worried it means I won't be as stretchy and may tear worse this time around.

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• Options
    @bkosy I've been trying the ball but I haven't gotten much relief from it.

Passed me glucose test and baby is celebrating! He has been insanely active. I cannot believe this is how having an anterior placenta is. Makes me wonder how much more you can actually feel.

+1 for insomnia. Cannot sleep at all lately. Feeling so run down and exhausted
  • Options
    Oh, hi, Insomnia. I thought we had an understanding this time around, but apparently, you got jealous of my relationship to Sleep. 2 hours total of sleep last night.  :'(
  • Options
    Omg, lightning crotch! Took DD to the park and literally froze, had to squeeze my legs together and breathe lol. 
  • Options
    Stiff in the hips, heartburn, and lots of peeing. I have replaced the office chair with the birthing ball officially and I think it helps. Definitely getting tired but I also found out my iron's a little low. Also easily running out of breath at times because Lil one loves to crowd my lungs.
  • Options
    My feet are killing me all of a sudden.  They feel like I've been running a marathon.  So stiff and sore.

My lower back has also started hurting me if I walk or stand for more than 20 minutes or so.

I guess my belly is finally starting to get heavy enough that I'm feeling it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(