April 2019 Moms

Symptoms Week of 8/27

Re: Symptoms Week of 8/27

• I am riding the struggle bus in terms of nausea- it’s relentless 

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• on the nausea/vomiting bus too. Had a lot of vomiting last week, mostly nausea this week. Except this morning while brushing my teeth I gagged so naturally I had to vomit :| . I had nothing but saliva in my stomach at that point so I threw up bile...fun times :/
  • Loading the player...
  • @gollygeeitsamy thanks for the tip! I have an appointment next week and I’ll add that to the laundry list of questions I have. She had suggested Benadryl, but that knocks me out for 9+ hours usually and that’s too much. 
  • Week 6 welcomed me with nausea :neutral:
  • MRDCle said:
    I have not. Honestly, chiropractors make me really nervous so I haven't used one before. If this continues though who knows. I'm hoping that a warm bath tonight and putting my feet up early (rather than the 2.5 hour cleaning spree last night) will help out. 
    They used to make me nervous too. I have two buldging disks from a car accident in high school. You definitly have to find one that works for you. 
  • @MRDCle if you’re uncomfortable with a chiropractor (I am too), you might ask your ob to refer you to a physical therapist. One of my friends is a PT, and she says that there are a lot of PTs who specialize in pregnancy and postpartum who are really fabulous. 
  • Is anyone else having an issue with their hair getting super greasy unusually quickly? I don't normally need to wash mine more than every 3-4 days but now if I shower at night, its greasy af by noon the next day. I dont remember this from my first pregnancy 
  • @chelseay416 I think I'm having the same issue! I usually wash mine every other day, but I had to put on a hat this morning for work. Otherwise I would've had to wash it again today. It looks disgusting!
  • @mrs_nadinek My bikini line is itching too, what's up with that?!
    Me: 29 DW: 44
  • Week 6 welcomed me with nausea :neutral:
    I'm a few days from week 6 and starting to feel a tiny bit nauseous throughout the day, thinking its only going to get worse from here. I have to snack a lot to keep it at bay.
    Me: 32 DH: 31 Married since 2010
    MC January 2016
    BFP February 2016 Baby Girl born 11/2016
    BFP 8/16/2018 EDD 4/29/2019 MMC 10/3/2018
    BFP 12/16/2018 EDD 08/26/2019 MC/CP 12/20/2018
    BFP 03/28/2019 EDD 12/07/2019 Hoping for our rainbow

• I don’t Want to eat any protein or veggies. Just carbs and sugar. Cereal is my holy grail. 
  • @chelseay416 and @rennie1108, I think mine has been greasier lately too, but DH says I'm crazy.  I use a natural shampoo and I have fine textured hair to begin with, so it's always been prone to oil, but lately I feel like I need to shower every day to make it look decent!  Maybe try switching shampoos?  Sometimes that helps me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jecrae damn girl look at you! 

Anyone else dizzy? I just got up to grab something on the other side of our floor and wasn't even walking straight because I was so thrown off. This of course comes with a lovely side of nausea. Also, since I still 10 days till our appointment, I keep NOT doing anything to prevent or fix the nausea because if I DO prevent it then I won't know if I'm still having that symptom and then I will be nervous. Cool Friday so far.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @MRDCle, I literally just got back on here to ask this.  I apparently have somewhat low blood pressure, and when I stand up my vision goes black and I have to hold onto something for a second.  All my doctor said about it was to stay hydrated.  I didn't have any blood pressure issues last time until I was in labor and it spiked.

And the nausea.  24/7, worse in the morning and at night for me (I work evenings and can't really snack at my job, so my empty stomach is awful by the time I get home).  Yet another reason I haven't been able to make myself workout this week.  Ugh.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kangstadt yeah I naturally have BP on the low end of normal (low hundreds/60) but this is definitely worse than usual.  I've been greying out a lot when I get up too. I'll keep chugging my water and just be sure to put it on my list of "these are the things happening to me" for my appointment. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @sheepshepherdess Isn't it super weird?!

I've definitely been light-headed too. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @MRDCle Try icing the joint that feels out of whack.  I always get this weird thing in my neck when I’m pregnant where I get pains all the way down my arms and in my shoulder.  I finally figured out towards the end of my second pregnancy that if I ice it at night off and on for like 15 minutes at a time it’s sooo much better.  Worth a try!

Also I’m so glad this thread exists cause it actually helps to hear other people going through the same thing.  I feel like an absolutely disgusting blob most of the time. Exhausted and nauseous, grossed out by every single smell, bloated and oily skin. Ugh.  I know that with my first two weeks 6-8 were like the peak of awfulness so I’m hoping after next week (8 for me), it will start to get better.
  • @ashtuesday I feel like you get veggies and protein in those egg rolls and carbs in the donuts so you’re 100% fine.
  • @sdelg09 what probiotics do you use? I have got to figure something out, I am so, so gassy and uncomfortable all day long, and constipated. It’s kind of impressing how much gas happens lol 
  • @bhoop941 I’m using one I got online, from pink stork. They’re specifically prenatal but honestly, they don’t have to be. They’re pricy but they work and I’m too nervous to switch and risk feeling awful again. 
  • @sdelg09 just ordered them :). The reviews made me super hopeful. Waiting on a "wtf did you buy" text from hubby since Amazon emails go to him, but I've been so cranky lately that he'll be grateful, lol. Thanks for the recommendation! 
  • For about a week now I’ve had sharp pains in my lower stomach. They aren’t horribly painful, they come and go, and are happening all around my stomach. I haven’t had any type of spotting what-so-ever since my last period. So I’m not TOO concerned, but I was wondering if that’s something any of you have experienced? It would really put my mind at ease. My husband just gave me a massage and I panicked and stopped him because I was getting the sharp pains... so paranoid. 
  • I usually fall right asleep when I go to bed, but the last week or so, it takes me 1-2 hours to get comfortable and go to sleep. I'm about ready to get the snoogle pillow out already.
    Me: 32 DH: 31 Married since 2010
    MC January 2016
    BFP February 2016 Baby Girl born 11/2016
    BFP 8/16/2018 EDD 4/29/2019 MMC 10/3/2018
    BFP 12/16/2018 EDD 08/26/2019 MC/CP 12/20/2018
    BFP 03/28/2019 EDD 12/07/2019 Hoping for our rainbow

• @laumarkim Yes, the sharp cramping pains are totally normal if you don't have spotting or bleeding! Usually is the uterus expanding or surrounding muscles adjusting to the new uterus size. I'm at 6w5d and getting them all the time this week, my Dr said it's perfectly normal.
    Me: 29 DW: 44
  • @sheepshepherdess thank you so much! That helps put my mind at ease. 
  • Ok, another weird symptom that happened to me last time, too: my ear hurts! Not like an ear infection, but when I sleep my actual outer ear on whichever side I’m sleeping on is in a lot of pain. I think it’s because there’s a limit to the positions I can get comfortable in so my ear never gets a break from supporting the full weight of my head, and when I use a snoogle and can’t move at all it gets really bad. I know, it’s really weird, and I’ve tried a few different pillows to see if that helps, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
  • tumbleflufftumblefluff member
    edited September 2018
    Nausea, sore boobs, and exhausted.  All. The. Time.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • So damn bloated and gassy. A stomach full
    of air. It’s not as bad in the morning but at night it’s nearly unbearable. 
    "When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." Sir James Barrie in Peter Pan

DS: 11/1/2010    DD: 8/9/2012       #3: 4/2019
  • Ok, another weird symptom that happened to me last time, too: my ear hurts! Not like an ear infection, but when I sleep my actual outer ear on whichever side I’m sleeping on is in a lot of pain. just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Yes! I’ve had this happen too! I have no advice. Just commiserating.  
    "When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." Sir James Barrie in Peter Pan

DS: 11/1/2010    DD: 8/9/2012       #3: 4/2019
  • I’m sooooo tired. I slept 9 hours last night and all I want now is a nap. Unfortunately my husband has decided to do all the projects today, which means I’m on childcare duty. No nap for me. 
  • @naybinky9 I had a lump in my throat when I was pregnant with DD. I read that it can be related to heartburn. Of course, it fed my anxiety so that didn’t help either. 

Im not quite at 6 weeks so I’m paranoid waiting for the nausea to kick in. Right now I’m just so tired. I took a two hour nap yesterday and still went to bed at 9pm
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Still super tired. I do feel like I'm in nesting mode already though. I have been a cleaning machine for the last 3 weeks. I'm thinking of having our housecleaner cut back to once a month rather than biweekly because I'm kicking ass at keeping this place clean!
  • edited September 2018
    I'm definitely having waves of nausea, but nothing severe. My mom had horrible nausea during both of her pregnancies, so I guess I was just assuming I would have the same. It's a bit stressful not being super sick, but I guess I should just be really thankful! Anyone else experiencing similar??   
    Boobs are still SUPER sore, so there's that. 
  • @sunny_native14 I had next to no nausea when I was pregnant for my daughter - I remember having one TERRIBLE evening where for 8 hours all I could do was lay on the couch and try not to puke... and that was it.  So no nausea's in the realm of normalcy!  The queasiness is significant for me this time around - nothing too extreme, but just enough to make me distractingly uncomfortable.
  • @sunny_native14 same here. My husband was very confused earlier today when I was complaining about not feeling sicker/puking. The reassurance that something’s going on in there would be nice, but it’s nice to hear that others are in the same boat. 
  • Its 2am and I just woke up with the worst nausea I’ve had this entire pregnancy. Something smells horrible in my house and I have nooo clue what.