April 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms Week of 8/27

Re: Symptoms Week of 8/27

• Options
    I'm currently in that very awkward stage where regular pants are too tight but maternity pants are too big. I decided to go with maternity pants today but I'm already tired of pulling them up. 
  • Options
    I’m at this awkward point where I’m thinking I need to tell my job... the problem is, I literally started the week before I got my BFP. I work with clients and need to be in my feet for hours at a time without breaks.. but I need to snack about every hour to keep the nausea at bay. Any suggestions?? I’m terrified to say anything since I’m SO new. Also my boss has admitted that she and her DH have been trying for kids for two years with no luck and it’s so hard to share news like this to people who are TTGP. HELP
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @b9315 I would tell her sooner rather than later. Frame it in such a way that you’re looking out for the company rather than looking out for yourself, like “I don’t want my nausea to get in the way of my ability to do [xyz] so I may need to have some snacks hidden someplace that I can sneak off to for a few moments so that I can come back and be able to give my full attention to the clients” or something to that effect.

I understand the struggle telling those TTGP. My best friend has been trying for over a year now and even though I know she’ll be supportive, I also know she’ll be crushed when I tell her :disappointed:
  • Options
    @gollygeeitsamy - I'm the same way. My regular pants are too tight but my maternity pants look weird. So I'm rocking all of the dresses right now and hope it gets below 70 degrees soon so I'm not sweating profusely all the time.

@b9315 - I am in a similar situation; I started my new job on 8/1 and found out on 8/13 that I was pregnant. I work at a school though so I told my principal so she would understand why I'm not getting in the middle of kids in crisis (I'm a social worker and really don't need to get punched right now). I would keep snacks with you and munch in between clients (you should have a few minutes to eat a couple crackers). Telling your boss is going to be hard, no matter when you do it.

The nausea is getting worse but for shorter periods of time. I've noticed that it's really bad after I get out of the shower (I'm assuming the heat?), and is terrible until I can force myself to take a few bites. I almost vomited this morning after drinking water. Water guys. WTF. But right now I feel fine. Who knows.
  • Options
    Insomnia is my most troublesome symptom right now. I’ve got nausea, crazy dreams, forgetfulness, and out of control emotions, but I feel like all those would be so much better if I could just sleep. Last night I tried the snoogle and a new blanket. Tonight I think I’m going to try unisom.
  • Options
    @wearegroot I was having trouble with insomnia too!  I find that a full pill made me very, very groggy the next day and have found a happy medium with 1/2 pill. I still wake up at least once to go to the bathroom but I'm able to fall back asleep instead of being 100% awake. I'd also have really bad anxiety when I woke up, one night I went into my daughter's room and cried because I was worried about so many things.  Also, Unisom will help with the nausea as well. 
  • Options
    @wearegroot I started taking Unisom a week or two ago and have been sleeping fabulously since! I highly recommend it!
  • Options

b9315 said:

I’m at this awkward point where I’m thinking I need to tell my job... the problem is, I literally started the week before I got my BFP. I work with clients and need to be in my feet for hours at a time without breaks.. but I need to snack about every hour to keep the nausea at bay. Any suggestions?? I’m terrified to say anything since I’m SO new. Also my boss has admitted that she and her DH have been trying for kids for two years with no luck and it’s so hard to share news like this to people who are TTGP. HELP

I can relate!! I’m starting a new job on Sept 6th and terrified of letting them know
  • Options
    @b9315 @florallimeade it is illegal for your employer to treat you differently or fire you because you are pregnant (in the US). I’ve only told my direct manager but I knew he would be happy for me. My last company was very much a boys club and I didn’t have any issues there until I came back from FMLA. 
  • Options
    So many of us at new jobs!!!  I started my new job at the end of June, got my BFP Aug 1, and probation doesn't end till Sept. 25.  I'll be 12 weeks then and probably tell them then.  They can get rid of me for absolutely no reason during my probation and while firing someone for being pregnant is illegal, during my probation they could say it was literally anything else or nothing at all.

My symptoms have totally subsided for now *knock on wood*.  I'm exhausted but otherwise feeling good.  I'm just hoping this lasts!!!
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Add me to the new job club. I'm a contractor, and I started here at the end of May...they just renewed my contract to the end of April so I'll have a job until baby is born, but probably not afterwards. It stinks, but it is what it is. I'm thinking I'll tell them around the end of January.....maybe I'll get lucky and they'll still want me to come back after I'm done with my leave.

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    edited August 2018
    @sheknows6 You don't actually see the people you work for in person right? Because by January it will be pretty hard to mistake all our bellies for anything but a baby bump! (Unrelated good news; I'm 7wks right now and a FTM and I'm guessing I'll be showing at least a bit by Halloween, enough for a cute costume :-) )

Sooo I'm having quite the saga :-/ We did end up having to go to urgent care last night at my primary care office for nausea/vomiting but the ARNP was a b**ch and didn't want to give me anything, and had never heard of Diclegis. I suggested it (it's freaking CLASS A for preggers people, *nothing* is class A besides like water lol), she spent like 15 min researching it and then came back and gave me a huge lecture about how she doesn't like prescribing "novel drugs" to pregnant women, and how I'll need an OB (getting care with a midwife current, and I have no plans to change, maybe she also doesn't support midwifes??!) If I need further "medical management" of my pregnancy. She was so mean about it I had a panic attack and then was hysterical for the rest of the evening :-/. Of course around here on Sunday evening all the pharmacies are closed so I haven't tried the Rx yet, and hurled again last night :-/. Uuugh.
    I'm going to try to get in with a new primary care this week, there is a concierge medicine service that's actually not too $$ around here I've considered trying, and I'm going to go for it!
  • Options
    You can add me to the too big for regular pants but too small for the maternity club. But I haven’t switched over cause my mom does my laundry and would know in a heartbeat. 
    (She offered cause our apartment doesn’t have a washer and dryer in it and the complex ones are hella expensive plus you have to sit in there since stuff gets stolen. And people always mess with the door so it doesn’t close right and I can’t bring DD cause she’s just escape. It’s a nightmare and one of the reasons I want to move so badly)

Also I had a very murder heavy dream last night involving a crossover between Scandal and X-men, so I’m going to go with the crazy dreams have started. 

Also nausea, insomnia, having to pee all the time, sense of smell and a possible aversion to eggs starting. I had it last time and it took almost 2 years for me to be able to eat them more then once every 3 months.  
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Sorry to hear all that @molecularmolly!  It's so frustrating when people decide what you should or shouldn't do!  For what it's worth I was on the max dose of Diclegis last time and still threw up at least once every day until about week 24.  I lost 15lbs.  I hope the meds helps you and you get some relief!

Here's an article I read a little while ago about 
    Diclegis and if it's really effective for anyone interested.  There are a ton of stories about this.
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/health/sc-hlth-morning-sickness-drug-diclegis-0124-story.html
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Eff pants right now, that's all I have to say about that. None of them fit, and the ones that I can at least get on all the way I'm already rubber-banding. The bloat is real. Other than that, my boobs hurt like hell and my energy is fluctuating quite a bit. Mood swings like crazy. And the heat... ugh. It's a comfy 72 in my office right now, but to me it might as well be a fiery inferno. No nausea yet, so that's a plus. 
  • Options

@molecularmolly I will probably have to say something sooner if I show heavy, but my mom didn't show with me until she was 7 months, so there's no telling! Plus we're all going to be popping over the winter, so I have baggy clothes and layers in my favor :)

I know the date I spill will likely change, but I'm gonna ride this out as long as humanly possible- I want them to want me to come back :)

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    Ok, how’s this for a weird pregnancy symptom: I hate drinking water. This happened last time, too. I’m usually a huge water drinker and hate flavored water, but for some reason when I’m pregnant I just can’t drink plain water. I’ve been doing Gatorade or adding crystal lite to keep my hydration up. It’s really frustrating because drinking water is the one healthy habit that I’m really good at sticking with and I’m struggling with it now.
  • Options
    @gollygeeitsamy and all others in the weird pants period....get a bellaband! It's a stretchy band that allows you to wear pants unbuttoned while keeping your pants up. I wore one yesterday AM when I first put my shorts on, and then by halfway through the day my bloat had stopped so I was able to button them up. Anywho, it just looks like the bottom of a cami. Mine is from Old Navy. 
  • Options
    I'm so so so effing tired.

• Options
    My hips huuuuuurt. It's just a constant ache like a growing pain on both sides. I've been trying to sleep with a pillow between my legs but I thrash too much for that. Might need to whip out the snoogle early this time
  • Options
    @wearegroot Same here with the water issue!  It's okay if it's super cold, but lukewarm makes me gag.  This didn't happen my first pregnancy so I'm not sure how to combat it besides keeping all my water in the fridge.
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm joining the pants too tight club. I'm pulling them as far down as they go with the button and I'm still super uncomfortable. I have to wear pants to work though so I'm thinking I need to pull out the belly band and see where that goes. I'm also nauseous off and on which is super annoying but not as bad as throwing up so I feel somewhat blessed in that regard.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    I only have like 2 pairs of pants and 1 pair of shorts that I can comfortably wear all day. Good thing I’m a SAHM so my kids won’t be judging me for wearing the same pants everyday lol. I am one who can’t do the Rubberband or bellyband because I have no hips or butt so my pants just slide down
  • Options
    For pants fitting too tight have you tried the hair tie trick? Tie a hair tie in the hole where the button usually goes and loop it over the button. I hope this makes sense. I did this with my last pregnancy. Click the link it should show a photo.
    https://goo.gl/images/kQMLe7
  • Options
    I’m also in the new job club! Good luck to us all, especially with getting leave. 

I feel fine physically. I’m so, so hungry and still not sleeping through the night. I’m taking naps when I can. I’ve become more emotional and I’m crying at least once a day, which is getting frustrating. It’s ALWAYS over something really stupid too. 
  • Options
    Nausea, exhaustion, general misery. I hate the first trimester.  :'(:'(:'(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    All day I've felt like there is a lump in my throat and I am fighting to breath normally. Help
  • Options
    @kitkat8387 me too I'm ready for this first trimester to be over
  • Options
    The nausea today was real. I’m thinking about breaking out the Bonjesta samples my doc gave me, but I haven’t been throwing up, and I’m afraid they’ll make me even more tired. 
  • Options
    Headaches,  nausea, strong sense of smell, winded easily, and emotional. 
  • Options
    Still just tired and have to pee all the time. I'm having a hard time getting comfy to go to sleep, and about ready to get the snoogle out already! I'm a lot crampier than I remember being last time. Waiting for the nausea to kick in so this feels more real. PGAL brain is trying to creep in.

I didn't wear any maternity pants until 26 weeks last time (thanks to belly bands and the hair tie trick) I have a feeling I'll be in them sooner this time, But I don't have any left!  I had one pair of maternity jeans that I wore completely out (holes in the inner thighs, thanks chub rub) and for work I only wore stretchy pull on dress pants, I just bought a size up from my usual. I'm a SAHM now, and have mostly been wearing work-out pants or shorts, and they still seem to fit for now. I think I tend to carry higher, and so my pants fit under the bump longer. The rest of my maternity clothes are on loan to a friend due this fall, so I might be able to get them back in Dec or January. 
    Me: 32 DH: 31 Married since 2010
    MC January 2016
    BFP February 2016 Baby Girl born 11/2016
    BFP 8/16/2018 EDD 4/29/2019 MMC 10/3/2018
    BFP 12/16/2018 EDD 08/26/2019 MC/CP 12/20/2018
    BFP 03/28/2019 EDD 12/07/2019 Hoping for our rainbow

• Options
    Well I just started the wanting-to-puke-every-time-I-brush-my-teeth symptom that I had during my last pregnancy. I was really hoping to avoid that one this time around.
  • Options
    My boobs are absolutely killing me!! They always ache just before my period, but not like this. I’m 5w2d and I’ve had swollen sore boobs for about ten days. My nipples are also constantly erect and very sensitive and sore. Will this go away?? Otherwise, I’m feeling pretty good. I get really bloated at times, but thankfully it’s more at night when I’m home from work and can put comfy yoga pants on. Haven’t had any bouts of morning sickness... yet... but I’m sure it’s coming!
  • Options
    Unisom has been a life saver! I am able to sleep soundly but the dreams are out of control lol. And unisom helps with my nausea during the day. 
  • Options
    naybinky9 said:
    All day I've felt like there is a lump in my throat and I am fighting to breath normally. Help
    Sounds like anxiety. Find a breathing app (I use my fit bit) it can help to focus only on breathing for a little while. The lump feeling might also be hormonal and a good cry might help. I suggest the opening to the movie UP. Always triggers a cry for me. 
  • Options
    @llamamamanyc Yes, it will go away. My last pregnancy it last a few weeks, but definitely by the 2nd semester they really didn’t hurt.

I’m actually shocked I don’t have sore boobs this time. I stopped nursing right when I got pregnant and my boobs hurt so bad last time so I was expecting that plus pain from weaning, but I’ve really got nothing (other than constantly erect nipples...super annoying). They have been itchy as the skin stretches, and DH said something tonight about how huge they’ve gotten, which of course he’s pleased about.
  • Options
    Serious lack of brain power today! I went to get gas, went through the whole routine and thought all was well until I got half way across town and realized I still had no gas :neutral: apparently I never actually *started* the pump. I seriously almost started crying when I realized what I did! But now that I'm home on the couch in my PJs I can laugh about it.
    The lack if sleep is super rough, so I think I'll try the unisom that I keep hearing about. 
  • Options
    @wearegroot, @mrsdee15, have you tried soda water? The carbonation makes it so much more appealing to me, it's about the only way I can drink much water! I have a Soda Stream, so I just make it at home, but you can also buy it. I also ask for it at restaurants with a slice of lime, and they usually don't charge me because it's just water! :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @irshdancr5500 good thought, but I absolutely despise carbonated water. I think it’s a sensory thing for me. But glad it works for you!