December 2018 Moms

Bitchtopia Week of 8/20!

13»

Re: Bitchtopia Week of 8/20!

• katy0990 said:
    @activebaby Is it possible to ask for them right off the bat? I am a tough stick, to begin with and Last time, I blew two vains while in labor and another after my C-section. It was awful. I would love to avoid that this time
    You can ask, but they probably have a policy of 2 sticks and then ask for help. 
  • hkomhkom member
    katy0990 said:
    @activebaby Is it possible to ask for them right off the bat? I am a tough stick, to begin with and Last time, I blew two vains while in labor and another after my C-section. It was awful. I would love to avoid that this time
    You can ask, but they probably have a policy of 2 sticks and then ask for help. 
    My nurse yesterday called them after just one try.  If you have a history of having difficulty with it, I don't see the harm in warning them and seeing what they say.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @Activebaby and @hkom Thanks! I’ll give it a shot. I was stuck by so many people last time and I would love to not have to go through that again. Ironically, DH used to be a phlebotomist and was begging the nurses to just let him do it after the second IV blew. 
  • @maureenmce Now I want some peanut m &m’s.... I’m sorry you had a rough week. I’m glad it’s over now!
  • edited August 2018
    @hkom Yep - IN the car. It's the funniest non-funny thing ever :no_mouth:  And I'm happy you found the source of your ants too! We find a rogue ant indoors too, but we still can't tell if they're squatting in the house or just coming in on dogs.

All this blown-out IV talk makes me so thankful that I have big ol' veins. When I'm no longer incubating a human, and back to donating blood, I will be extra pleased to ask for the least experienced person again. I didn't realize that I missed being able to provide folks with an easy win once in a while :blush:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • @maureenmce that sounds like a hectic week! Sit back & enjoy the M&Ms & internets :)
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • hkomhkom member
    @maureenmce Enjoy those peanut m&ms!  Sounds like you deserve a break and a treat!

BabyFruit Ticker

• My computer just got a drink of tea. Wahhhhhhh!! :bawling: Note to others: toddlers and liquids within reach don’t mix!

It’s been almost 3 years since the last computer-wiping incident, but I really don’t want to shell out for another computer, and I really don’t want to deal with the Wrath of H (more like judgment...he’s not a wrathy person at all, thankfully). The worst part? I just erased all the backups from my external hard drive because I was planning on re-backing it up but it was saying there wasn’t enough space. :cold_sweat: Fx it’s just keyboard damage. Right now it’s upside down on a paper towel and I won’t turn it on until maybe Monday. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @Activebaby It's not Bells Palsy. No drooping or anything and not paralysis. Just numb and swollen. But thank you for trying to help!

@katy0990 @texas_t @LLynde5 @temmetime Well my primary care doctor said she thinks it's facial nerve swelling possibly caused by a viral infection and or just being swollen from pregnancy. She prescribed me with Prednisone 20mg for 6 days. It's a steroid medicine. My OB's office said it's fine because it's only for 6 days but taking steroids while pregnant is really freaking me out. Any thoughts?
  • @mamajudec2018 I’m glad they finally did something! Can you check with high risk doc about their opinion about the steroids, if you are uncomfortable taking them (I completely understand your reluctance).
  • @mamajudec2018 I'm glad you got an answer for now! I don't have personal insight to the steroid, but that is a pretty short dose of it. Your body makes 5mg a day by itself. 20 mg is probably the first day only and it will taper down from there for the remainder 5 days.
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @mamajudec2018 I'd think if they both said it was fine, I'd give it a go.  You're bebe's lungs will be nice and strong!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @katy0990 I tried calling high risk today and they acted like I was being such a bother to them. They were so rude to me. 

@temmetime Yea my OB's office said with how short it is, I don't need to worry.

@texas_t My husband said the same thing. If they both say it's ok, then I should really just do it.

It's just been such a long haul to get here and I would rather have a numb face then ever cause anything bad to my baby you know?