October 2018 Moms

Best Advice from your Baby Classes

2»

Re: Best Advice from your Baby Classes

• Just had our birth class today. I most appreciated the different techniques the partner can use to help relieve pressure. The hip squeeze was pretty awesome. We will see if I actually want DH to touch me at all though when it’s actually happening...
  • Loading the player...
  • @sammierose464 I'll have to give the jaw muscle a try!!
  • @sammierose464 I just read that chapter! Side note, I had an incident last week where I was apparently straining too hard during a BM and that combined with my low blood sugar made me almost pass out? (Slightly embarrassing to admit...) I ended up puking instead and feeling better right after but of course freaked out and called the OB office. The nurse said that it may feel awkward but to always keep your mouth open and breathe when you poop to avoid closing off the air passage especially as your bump gets bigger since it could restrict oxygen to the brain. It will also help pass a BM easier if you're constipated. Apparently there is a medical term for this? but I dont remember what it was (a something maneuver).. Long story short, it was interesting to read about Sphincter Law in Ina May's book after this happened and see that the two were in agreement. Also wanted to share to prevent someone else from ending up in the same boat! It was scary. 
  • @jellybelly114 Valsalva maneuver? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @rc-cola I loved the hip squeeze. It was the only thing that helped in anyway with DS. You may not love it in the moment, but if it's a touch thing you're not focused on that the time the hip squeeze is helpful. Though I do recommend releasing it right after... but it was lovely. 
  • Is the hip squeeze intended to be used during a contraction or just any time? I assume I can look this up on Youtube?
  • @sliztee usually just during a contraction. Especially if you’re having hip or low back pain. 
  • Hip squeeze works for me now! I have so much hip/pelvic pain and it gives me some relief. I think it can be used any time. In one of my classes they said it can be especially helpful for back labor. 
  • They talked about it in our class, now DH and I need to learn how to do it.
  • nmadjeskinmadjeski member
    edited August 2018
    @meltonjl it was the beginning of this thread that had suggestions for Introducing toddler and baby.
  • edited August 2018
    @kiwi2628 avent have the low flow. I gave the dr browns away, but I would assume the same for them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic