November 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms- Month of August

Re: Symptoms- Month of August

• Options
    I used to feel him moving in my right side all day but now I only get a few flutters low center. I hope he just moved behind my anterior placenta and all is well but I can't help worrying. Miss his movements  :/

Also i know I don't technically start kick counts until 28w which is Thursday. Can't wait for Dr Friday...
  • Options
    @ftm_jen hoping little one gives you lots of kicks today for some reassurance! It seems this babe will go crazy for a couple days, then nothing for a couple days, and I can only assume it’s a growth spurt...maybe your little one is going through the same? I have noticed I’m super hungry when I don’t feel the kicks so that’s why I assume it’s baby growing. But I know it makes you feel better when you can feel them all day long! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @firsttimespartanmom that's a great thought as well. Thursday I was starving. I couldn't eat enough food. Friday I was exhausted. Hopefully its just a growth spurt combined with a new hiding place and he'll be back to normal.
  • Options
    I've noticed the same thing as @firsttimespartanmom. Baby will be crazy active for a few days, then will be more calm for a day or two. Hopefully you get some good kicks today @ftm_jen
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    Same for noticing “sleepy days” (as I’ve been calling them) and active days. Most days little one is quite the wiggle worm and I feel a lot of kicks even with an anterior placenta, but each week I’ll get a day or two of hardly any movement. As long as I don’t get more than two sleepy days in a row, I figure it’s probably a growth spurt. Hopefully you’ll get some awesome wiggles today @ftm_jen
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @booksandcoffee the advice the others gave about stretching your toes when you get them has been extremely helpful. Every time I feel one coming on I do it and it helps! 
    I’m going to try this the next time I get one (which will probably be tonight lol)
  • Options
    @offtoneverland @rosebud1230 @firsttimespartanmom
    Thanks ladies, I felt him a lot more today than I had all weekend. His new position just doesn't make for super hard jabs but glad to feel him. 
  • Options
    Same with the active days/sleepy days. She’s been relatively quiet the last two days. I’ve done kick counts a few times and she always makes quota, but it was more reassuring last week when she was dancing up a storm. Glad to know I’m not alone! 

• Options
    runwmusicrunwmusic member
    edited August 2018
    @lifesabeach85 do you have specific times of the day that you do kick counts? I feel like there's hours in the days that I won't feel him at all but other times he's more active. I have a doctor's appointment Friday to ask questions and officially start kick counts not really sure how they work yet.
  • Options
    We definitely have active and sleepy days. When I’m really busy, I notice baby is very quiet. Today has been a sleepy day for baby.

@runningyogimama I’m so sorry about the rash and itchiness!

@emjohn517 ugh, I can totally commiserate. I got myself pretty good about a week ago... so much pain! I probably should look into waxing but I’m just lazy.

@booksandcoffee the toe stretching trick and flexing my foot up to the sky has also helped me whenever I feel cramping.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @ftm_jen when I get a minute to sit down! Usually during DD nap (early afternoon) or her bedtime (after 8pm) I’ll start one. My doctor said they usually don’t worry unless you don’t get ten movements in three hours. I know some say 1 hour but i would only use that threshold if i had done something to wake her like drinking cold juice and poking her. 

• Options
    Holy calf cramp this morning. I thought I was going to have to cut my leg off. Alright, maybe it wasn't THAT bad but it was bad. It's still sore.   :(
  • Options
    ashkee05ashkee05 member
    edited August 2018
    Does anyone else’s skin freak out really bad when pregnant?! Mine is always sensitive and gets worse with pregnancy.  This is the first time this has ever happened to me. We were on vacation last week and went camping. Even with bug spray I got tore up by mosquitos and this is what they are doing! I’ll spoiler it Incase someone doesn’t want to see it.

nws
  • Options
    @ashkee05 Holy crap!!! Is that after they’ve healed??? You poor girl! That looks awful. I wonder if Bio Oil would help. That’s my answer for everything.
  • Options
    @MouseMama817 I got them last Wednesday/Thursday the only relief I found was with calamine lotion. They aren’t raised anymore and stopped itching but it’s definitely gotten darker and a little bigger since it started turning color. I have an appointment Thursday and they said they’ll just look at it then since I’m not having any fevers or diarrhea. It’s fricken summer and my leg looks like a freak show lol!   
    nws
  • Options
    @ashkee05 It won’t scar, will it?
  • Options
    @MouseMama817 I have no idea and I certainly hope not! This is the first time this has ever happened to me!  :(
    nws
  • Options
    @ashkee05 you poor thing!!! I wish I had advice but I've never seen that before. Hope it goes back to normal soon!!
  • Options
    So, I think I'm leaking fluid. TMI I'm having some watery leakage and it smells sweet. It's not a lot and I don't hear it dripping when I pee. Hopefully, if it is fluid, it's just a very slow leak. 

I will probably call my dr tomorrow to see if they want to go ahead and see me or just wait til Wed. Am I an awful person if I just want this all to be over? I feel like I can't handle one more thing. 
  • Options
    edited August 2018

@firsttimespartanmom my lower back is KILLING me whenever I lay down or walk more than 5 mins..... I've tried these free yoga videos on youtube and it helps a bit.....  (I’d put in the link- but its showing up with the video preview)
    1) Youtube search: Alleviate Back Pain | Prenatal Class at Prenatal Yoga Center--specifically for back pain

2) Youtube search: Quick & Easy Prenatal Morning Yoga Routine (20-min) For All 3 Trimesters Brett Larkin Yoga- she has a few good prenatal yoga routines

3) Youtube search: Prenatal Yoga - Gentle Yoga Stretches For Expecting Mommas YogaTX – not back specific but has some back stretches in it

@wildrainbow- sending positive thoughts your way! Fingers crossed all is ok! 
  • Options
    So, I think I'm leaking fluid. TMI I'm having some watery leakage and it smells sweet. It's not a lot and I don't hear it dripping when I pee. Hopefully, if it is fluid, it's just a very slow leak. 

I will probably call my dr tomorrow to see if they want to go ahead and see me or just wait til Wed. Am I an awful person if I just want this all to be over? I feel like I can't handle one more thing. 
    I hope all is well and no I do not think your awful because I feel the exact same way!! 
    nws
  • Options
    @wildrainbow definitely not awful girl! I hope all is well. I can't imagine the discomfort along with the emotional rollercoaster you're dealing with right now :(

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @ashkee05 yikes! I believe pregnancy increases your mosquito draw and skin sensitivity.

@wildrainbow you’ve been through so much, I understand just wanting to have all the stress over with. Hope all is well!

• Options
    When do you worry about a headache? I’ve had a terrible headache since yesterday morning that won’t go away (I’ve tried Tylenol and caffeine, lots of water, sleep...). I’ve been getting tension headaches from stress at work once a week or every other week, so I assumed it was just that yesterday, but it didn’t go away overnight even (I actually had trouble getting back to sleep when I got up to pee because it hurts so bad). Work was really bad yesterday, and it is going to be bad again today, so, really it could still be a tension headache...mine just usually go away overnight....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @wildrainbow I definitely don’t think you’re awful, and I really hope the fluid is nothing. Keep us updated  <3
  • Options
    @wildrainbow - I only know things more from the after baby is born side vs antepartum, but if you think you're leaking amniotic fluid I would call your doc and see what they recommend (like you said you planned to). Please keep us updated. Thinking of you.
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @ashkee05 when you got the bites initially, did you do any Benedryll? I find that when I react that badly, it's probably an allergy. Too late for the info, I know, I do hope they heal well though! Mine usually go away when it's that bad, they're more annoying than anything.

@runningyogimama if it's not going away with Tylenol, sleep, and maybe some stretches and meditation, I would talk to your doctor about it just in case. I had really bad stress headaches before I got pregnant back in January and February and really it was my body's way of handling stress but the stretching helped me heal.
  • Options
    @runningyogimama can you run over to a store with a blood pressure reader for a quick check? that’s where i would start. a persistent headache would make me worry about my blood pressure or possibly preeclampsia.
  • Options
    @wildrainbow worrying about you, always. take care mama.
  • Options
    @runningyogimama - Is your swelling worse? Any visual problems? Pain on your R side under your ribs? I agree with PP, with a headache that bad I'd want to rule out pre-e. I would probably call your OB and see what he/she recommends. 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• Options
    @mockingjay1 No other symptoms at all - that’s why I wasn’t sure if I should be worried at this point (and would be worried and call or go in immediately if so). I’m sure my OB would tell me to come, and...it’s terrible to say, but I don’t have time for that today. I had a headache like this my first pregnancy with no other symptoms, went in, and it was just a headache. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @runningyogimama - Ugh I understand. Is there a place close to you you could run over lunch and get your BP checked just to make sure? Hopefully you can sleep it off tonight if it doesn't go away today.
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• Options
    edited August 2018
    @runningyogimama ugh headaches suck! I have one as well today. My last persistent headache lasted about 3 days but I'm pretty sure was allergy related. I hope you get some relief soon! 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    Landed myself in the hospital with extreme breathlessness and chest pain. CT shows clot in left lung, so was given a shot of lovenox and kept overnight. Dr hopes to get a 2nd opinion on the scan tomorrow, as I guess the image wasn't clear? No idea where we go from here, but scared to say the least.
  • Options
    @100dollhairs that is scary. Good thing you are at the hospital, under close watch. You are where you need to be. Thinking of you, update us when you can!
  • Options
    @100dollhairs that's no good! Glad you went on to get it checked out and they're taking care of you. Keep us posted! FX it clears <3

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    @100dollhairs How scary! Hope it clears soon! Glad you went in to get it checked out.
  • Options
    Thanks guys! Not a frequent poster, but that hospital boredom gets ya lol. Still here. They are still trying to 100% decide if its a clot. Its small, whatever it is so that's great. I have a history of pree, so not sure what that spells from here or if that matters. No more babies! Lol
  • Options
    @ashkee05 I am so sorry! I hope they have gotten a bit better. No advice but hate that your dealing with that.

@wildrainbow you’ve been through so much. I would feel the exact same way.

@runningyogimama I had headaches that didn’t go away for about to 4 weeks. I would get a few hours of freedom and then they would come back. Checking your BP at the grocery store is where I would start too. If it’s normal and no other symptoms, your doctor can prescribe something stronger to help. The medicine I was prescribed didn’t help, but it could be worth a shot.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @100dollhairs - I hope they doctors can decide what it is, and you don't have any more complications. How scary!
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses