November 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms- Month of August

Decided it was time to start a new thread since the other was pretty big and it's now August. 

Re: Symptoms- Month of August

• Options
    @tessiesmom26 What does that mean?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bkosy Haha, it means peeing while you sneeze  :D
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    I wake up every morning around 3 very uncomfortable and toss and turn the rest of the night. Sigh* It has to be way to early for this shiz.
  • Options
    @tessiesmom26 the first time lol?!?!?! I have been peeing my pants regularly for like 3 months now. I am partially blaming it on low lying placenta but i have used more pads now than when on my period lol 
  • Options
    @bswishe4 Ha! I have been doing it for years but this was the first time since becoming pregnant and honestly there was no holding it in, I lost all control LOL. 
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    @tessiesmom26 my allergies are out of control right now so I feel like there is no way to stop it by the end of the month I will be wearing full on diapers lol! 
  • Options
    My back is killing me. Twinges and tingling in my arm. Gallbladder issues. Can't sleep. Everything is off. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Tagging on to the no sleep train.. no matter when I slow down drinking, I wake up almost every 2 hours to pee. No number of pillows or positions keep me from tossing and turning from general uncomfortableness. And i’m up for the by 6am for so good reason despite still feeling exhausted.  :s
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not sleeping well, either.  I'm having a reunion with my old friend insomnia.  I can't seem to stay awake, though I can fall asleep just fine.

Also, my whole pubic area (mons, labia, perinium) is puffy and a little tender.  I had this with my last pregnancy, too.  I'm guessing it's increased blood flow and pressure from baby.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    +1 for discomfort sleeping. This didn’t start until way later in the pregnancy with DS. Also, confirmed I have a bacteria infection. I told DH I’m so ready for this pregnancy to be over but not sure I’m ready to manage an infants needs and a 3 year old’s tantrums at the same time. 
  • Options
    I'm also in the no-sleep boat.  I get up to pee, then I can't get back to sleep.  Last night was the first night I had really intense hip pain in addition to the general discomfort.

How do we feel about pregnancy pillows?  Are they worth the $40+ or are they just a nuisance once you no longer need them?  I don't like to buy all the products that are pushed on pregnant women (pregnancy belts, foot spas, maternity underwear, etc, etc), but I know some of them must be worth it.

Product plug: toilet night light.  It's motion-activated, and the batteries last about 3 months.  I love it b/c I don't have to turn on the bathroom light at 1am, and my DH is super high-maintenance and can't handle having a nightlight in the hallway/bathroom b/c he could see the light under the door.   :D
    Married: Nov 2010
    TTC #1 since: Aug 2016
    Dx: Unexplained
    6 failed IUIs on Letrazole & Ovidrel
    Final (#7) IUI - BFP!
    EDD: Nov 2018
    Team Pink!
    Me: 31/DH: 30

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @soehlerk I am proud of every dollar spent on my pregnancy pillow. I got the Queen Rose u shaped one from Amazon and I am in love with it!
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    @soehlerk I love my snoogle! So does DH. Right now I'm sleeping like the dead due to being out of my mind tired. I'm sure insomnia will be right around the corner though.

Heartburn all the dang time. A lot of Braxton-Hicks.

• Options
    +`1 for the swollen vag (and labia and mons etc) club. It's been bothering me since 20-21 weeks, especially bad after a shower or sex. I'm almost too embarrassed to wear any of my tighter pants. Even though my leggings are my favorite pants, if you look, it's like all hanging out there. Like others with this issue, I'm also carrying super low.  
  • Options
    @honeybeebub your whole reply post made me lol. I definitely sit there longer after peeing trying to make sure I emptied my bladder (and secret compartment) and last week DH asked me why I sat there so long when I was done peeing  :D you also got that song stuck in my head now. Kinda makes me want to want Madagascar now hah

@soehlerk I would be absolutely beyond miserable without my snoogle. I got the c-shaped one and both me and MH loooooove it. Pretty sure I’ll keep using it after baby is here too. So worth it that I considered buying a second to snuggle on the couch with (and so I don’t have to share a part of it with MH lol)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Another +1 for the no sleep/constantly getting up to pee contingent. I'm getting exhausted again like in the first trimester, not sure how I'm going to survive the next (not to mention LO's arrival)! Also woke up last night with the most ridiculous leg cramp on the outside of my leg. It took my 5 minutes to figure out how to stretch it to make it stop--there were definitely some tears involved. 
  • Options
    Add me to the no sleep group. Getting comfortable has been super challenging despite and I'm super nervous how this is going to be in a fee weeks as we all continue to grow. My nausea has returned this week but no vomiting thank goodness . Oh and I also have swollen vag and sore groin, I thought it was just me! whew. 
  • Options
    +1 for not sleeping, waking up at 3 am, and swollen girly parts.  I am having awful back pain and the heartburn has reached an all-time high.  I bring my heating pad to work every day to help with the pain.  No bueno!!!

I was told to bend forward (as much as I can now) to help relieve the bladder of and extra pee.  I am always able to squeeze out a little more.  It's helped.
    Me: 43  Hubs: 42 
    Married My BFF 3/22/10
    3 Beautiful Girls: 17, 21, 23 (previous marriage)
    Tubal Reveral: 10/12
    Ecoptic: 3/13 (Lost Right Tube, Left Tube Blocked)
    IVF #1: 3/14  = BFN 
    IVF #2: 3/15  = BFN
    IVF #3: 6/15  = BFN
    FET#1: 11/17 = BFN
    Endometrial Scratch: 2/18
    FET #2: 3/18  = BFP! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Baby is kicking my rib this afternoon and it does not feel pleasant.. 
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    I've been having a lot more braxton hicks the last week or so, and baby feels super low. It feels like he/she is scratching my cervix sometimes like it did the last few weeks when I was pregnant with DS. It's making me anxious. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @mockingjay1 - this is going to be a really stupid question, but how do you know if you are carrying low?  I've been having the feeling like my LO is punching my cervix.  I even try to squeeze him in there because it feels like he's going to kick/punch his way out (yes i know thats not how it work- but thats how it feels!!).

• Options
    @honeybeebub Omg you just gave me the best laugh! 3am is not at all funny but that scene sounds like something straight out of Date Night!
  • Options
    I am trying all the tricks you guys mentioned to help get all the pee out but I’m still unsuccessful. Everything is just so leaky. I need to wear pantiliners 24/7.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I’m starting to get swelling in my hands and feet - not terrible, but I didn’t have any with my first two pregnancies, so it’s freaking me out a little! I realize it’s normal to have some swelling, I just didn’t have any with my other two (I have an appt today, so I’ll mention it). 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Jumping on the crappy sleep bandwagon. Cannot get comfortable, low back is killing me. By the end of the day I am so bloated I feel like my stomach is stretched to capacity. Also adding rhinitis is back in full force.
  • Options
    my hips are so stiff and sore when i get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. last night i honestly thought i couldn’t walk fast enough to the bathroom and i was gonna wet myself. oh the pregnancy indignities!  :s
  • Options
    @mockingjay1 this baby has been head down and low for 3 or 4 weeks but I can tell he or she has gone through a growth spurt because the cervical pressure I felt with dd around 32 weeks and on is already here in full force and makes me nervous as well. I feel baby's hands at my pelvic bone and kicks at or belowmy belly button so I know he or she is nice and comfortable down low. Yay for breathing, not yay for cervical pressure and lightning strikes down my leg all day. Hopefully they sit tight for several more weeks!
  • Options
    Y’all, I am coughing like crazy with this cold and peed on myself multiple times last night. Even after having just emptied my bladder. There really is a secret compartment. 

DD2 is super low for me too. It feels like she’s doing the Irish jig on my cervix and I rarely feel her anywhere other than down near my pubic bone. My MW assured me it’s normal with subsequent pregnancies so I’m not worried.

So sorry for all of you with the hip/back pain. I had one night of that and it was not fun. My sciatica however, just will not quit. 

• Options
    @MouseMama817 so so sorry about your cold and I totally agree about the secret pee compartment. Hopefully your cold goes away super fast!!
  • Options
    Ugh... I wish I knew how to empty the secret pee compartment, I'll pee and then sneeze and somehow more liquid comes out.  HOW?! 
    Also I celebrate every time I sneeze and don't pee myself.  MH just laughs at me at this point.
    HOpe you feel better soon @MouseMama817

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    Thanks guys. I have such low standards for myself until DH gets back next Thursday. It’s the only way I’m going to survive. 
    Just put DD down for her nap and I peed on myself multiple times while getting her down because of coughing and sneezing. Like, more than three times at least. 
  • Options
    Has anyone else gotten a rash?  I think it’s like a heat sweaty clothes rash on my chest.  I’ve never gotten this before so I’m thinking it’s pregnancy related in some way.  I talked to my MW about it to check what I could put on it, but it’s not really going away :( 
    She said as long as it’s not itchy hands and feet it’s not a concern for pregnancy.  

I also am very uncomfortable sleeping especially after I wake up to pee.  Blackout curtains helped me go back to sleep in the early morning.  I have a head pillow, hugging pillow, very thin between the leg pillow and now a lower back pillow.  I had a snoogle last time but I really prefer the flexibility of multiple pillows. 
  • Options
    @clobert I had a streak of a red/itchy rash under my left boob the other day from sweat and friction (haven't worn that bra since).  I just put a little baby powder (well technically MH's anti-monkey butt powder :D) in the area the next day and it hasn't been bothering me since although it's still a little red.  I'd mention it to your OB/MW but don't feel too discouraged if they don't seem overly concerned.  Heat rash is annoying but not typically concerning :)

And I hear ya on the multiple pillows.  I have a leg pillow, a hug/belly pillow, a back pillow, and a head pillow.  I'm surrounded by pillows and it drives MH mad :joy: 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV