December 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 8/6-8/10

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/6-8/10

• @morgantu Congratulations!!! I'm sure it will be stressful to get done, but that's so awesome!
  • @morgantu Congrats, that’s so exciting!
    @Jens_Hoes I saw that thread yesterday and I was furious on behalf of the OP. I was so glad to see some familiar names put those girls in their place.
    @westcoastfoodie Welcome back!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • @morgantu congrats! You’ll make it happen. But I would definitely do as much as you can pre-baby! 
  • Welllllll my son caught HFM from the D16 meetup this weekend. He is miserable and I’m not sure if he’s going to sleep tonight. But at least I’ve finally got him to stop crying, so I’ll take it. 

Who just dealt with this? Give me all of the tips! This is literally the first big illness he’s gotten beyond maybe two minor colds and one stomach bug. I’m worried about my Bub! <3
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon Oh no, I am so sorry! Let's see, we took our DD in to see our pediatrician even though we know there's no treatment, just letting it run its course, and I'm glad we did because she was borderline dehydrated and they gave us parameters on how much she had to pee in a certain amount of hours or we had to go to the ER. (She did fine and we didn't have to, but I was glad to know the parameters and how dehydrated she was.) My DD had no appetite at all the first couple days, for fruit or any liquid, so we had to resort to pedialyte popsicles. They even gave her one at the doctor's office and it was the only thing she would really ingest in the first 24 hours. After that and she was feeling better, I made a big show of drinking and enjoying water, which tricked her into taking a sip or two here and there and we got her to eat some applesauce.

Other than that, I found it just runs its course. My DD was by FAR the worst on the first night she got sick (tons of crying, barely slept) but it improved a lot from there. Even when she got all her blisters and stuff she was in better spirits than that initial wallop of the sickness hitting her. As for your and your husband, wash your hands a lot! I luckily caught a pretty mild version but it was still definitely not pleasant. My OB said it's not a concern during pregnancy other than to watch for high fever and dehydration. Hang in there, should be much better in a couple days. Hugs!
  • @morgantu Congratulations! It will all get done!

@PensiveCrayon I hope he recovers quickly. Are you still bfing? When DS had it someone recommended putting BM on the sores. Definitely keep yourself hydrated and wash your hands a lot. Good luck!
  • @maureenmce Thanks for the info! Luckily drinking his milk seems to be the only thing that’s calming him down right now, and he did have a bit of smoothie and cheese for supper. Right now he’s in bed with me and it sounds like he may have just fallen asleep...but I think we’re in for a long first night like you :cry:

@katy0990 I wish we were still BF! But unfortunately no. 
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon oh No, poor little guy. One of my coworkers just said all 3 of her kids AND her wife have had it in the last 2 weeks. Hope it spares you and your ds has a mild case! 
  • @PensiveCrayon Nooo, I’m so sorry he caught it! We had it back in June and I think @Jens_Hoes just got over it. We still went to the ped and he recommended (for comfort purposes only) we make some “magic mouthwash.” It’s a 50/50 mix of children’s Benadryl and Maalox. Swish and spit, or a small amount is ok to swallow. Or, if he’ll let you, swab it on the inside of his mouth. Hydration is important, of course, and what everyone else recommended! Hope it doesn’t last long!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @PensiveCrayon nooooo! I agree with all the advice from above from @maureenmce I let her basically have whatever fluid and food she wanted because I knew she was in pain. We did Tylenol and ibuprofen basically the whole time and you could tell when one dose was no longer in her system. Popsicles are great. 
    Signs of dehydration: if LO can’t make spit or tears. 
    The beginning was worse for my daughter as well, she had blisters a few days in but the first two days she was so very miserable. 
    Make sure you wash your hands excessively and don’t share with your son, even though you’ve been exposed already, you don’t want to get it. I haven’t met any adults who aren’t pregnant that got it. 
  • I am just feeling sad and upset with myself so I needed to post. I got into an accident yesterday, turning onto the ROAD I LIVE ON! I was turning left and there are two lanes I cross over, one lane going straight and one right. The light was red so obviously the one going straight was stopped. I pulled between those cars AFTER I had looked to makes there was no one anything in the right turn lane (It's short and the cars lining up to go straight was past where the turn lane starts). Anyway, so I went to go and there is this truck, I was going maybe 5mph so I braked. Well this guy hit me anyway, and I SWEAR I feel like he swerved toward me. My toddler was in the car so I was freaking out. He was/is okay though, I did have the ambulance which him out.  think the guy was going like 20 miles an hour, which is fast considering the LIGHT WAS RED and people were stopped infront of him. There were two witnesses, both of them live on the corner houses on my road. They both said the same thing, this guy was going too fast and went around the stopped traffic. Both came over to make sure DS and I were okay.

The guy who hit me didn't pull out of the road (WTF!) and didn't get out of his car. I thought that was weird. He ended up going to the ER, even though there was no damage to his vehicle. (He was in one of those massive Tahoes.) So we assumed he is going to try to sue me.. even though HE is the one who hit ME. But I am at fault, because I was turning left, even though WHEN I CHECKED NO ONE WAS COMING! I see people pull asshole moves like this guy did all the time there, only they don't hit people. (Also, people are ususally decent human beings and if the light is red, they stop so I can turn..) At least I have two witnesses. I am hoping the insurance finds me liable for my damage (because I know I am at fault for at least mine) and him liable or mine. I cannot drive my car. I drove it down to my house and the tire was scraping the whole time. I am so happy I have a back up car, but it's a two door Honda civic, so it's going to be a PITA to get DS into and out of the carseat while I'm pregnant. *sigh*

This happens right before vacation, and there is something wrong with my spare car too, but DH said it should be good to drive. There is a bolt or something he is supposed to be fixing. Anyway, I am going to end this here.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • @AdorkablePixie yikes, what a stressful day. I'm glad you are alright, but it does sound like a frustrating situation. I hope you are able to relax a but on your vacation. 
  • @AdorkablePixie glad to hear you and DS are ok, I'm sure that was scary! 
  • @AdorkablePixie thank god you and your babies are okay.  It easy to be frustrated and upset but in the grand scheme of life this will pass and hopefully a day that you will soon forget!
  • @AdorkablePixie so glad you're both okay!! I hope everything works out for you with the insurance company!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @AdorkablePixie I’m glad you and your babies are ok, but I’m so sorry you had that happen. I hope the witnesses help and insurance takes care of it.
  • So scary, @AdorkablePixie. My car was totaled when I was rear ended about a year ago, and I had both kids in the car. It was terrifying for all of us, but I’m so happy the kids were buckled in and everyone was okay (it’s also been great for when they complain the seat belts are too snug - “remember when the lady bumped us? We’d keep our seatbelts on all the time and nice and tight just in case, because you never know when that might happen again!” And they’re like, “oh!!! Right!” Lol)

i hope the insurance bit isn’t too tough though. Even though ours was very obviously the other woman’s fault, insurance was a pain to navigate. Honestly based on your story I’d wonder if the guy was on something, and that’s why he wouldn’t get out and was driving so erratically. Either way though, happy you guys are safe.  
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • @AdorkablePixie That is so scary especially being pregnant and with your little one in the car. So glad everyone is ok!
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @AdorkablePixie I’m so glad you and your babies are okay. That is terrifying. 
  • @AdorkablePixie I’m so glad you and your babies are okay! So scary! 
  • @AdorkablePixie glad you are all okay but so scary & what a hassle! We were in a minor accident earlier in pregnancy when somebody hit us (with my daughter in the car too).  Terrifying even when everyone is okay. 
  • @Llynde5 That's was I am trying to tell myself. My car will be fixed and this ordeal will be over soon enough. I'll take a hit with my deductible and my insurance may be going up (though this is my first at fault accident since I was like 19 and there was no damage with that one) but everyone is okay and that is all that matters.

@runrinserepeat Ugh. That sounds terrible. I hate accidents. Thank God for seatbelts.. and carseats!

@Katzalia Yes. Definitely. It certainly ruined what was previously a good day!

Thank you to the rest of you for your support. <3

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • @AdorkablePixie That all sounds so stressful! I’m so sorry and glad you and your babies are ok! 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • @AdorkablePixie I'm so sorry. I'm go glad you and DD are ok. 
  • @Jens_Hoes Yeesh. That made me uncomfortable. 
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • @AdorkablePixie So scary! I'm glad you're all okay!
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • @AdorkablePixie Oh wow, do glad you and your kiddo are ok! How scary and stressful!
  • @AdorkablePixie I'm so sorry that happened! So glad to hear you and DS are okay. I hope things work out in your favor and having those witnesses really help.

@PensiveCrayon Nooo! If it makes you feel any better, M had it last week right before you were all meeting up, so maybe it's cursed on the group regardless if you went? Anyway, it was a mild case for both DS & I. He had the red spots on his bum, a few on his feet and hands and in his mouth. He didn't end up with much of a fever, but the ones in his mouth really affected his appetite last week. He ended up with an ear infection at the end of it, so we're still on antibiotics for that, but he's completely back to normal otherwise. The sores in my mouth were the worst and I had a few on my hands and feet, but never anything incredibly severe. Fingers crossed that it's a short mild case for A. <3 
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @PensiveCrayon It took 2-3 days for me to start seeing symptoms & the worst of it for me was after it was gone for him. We rotated tylenol & motrin for M which seemed to really help alleviate the pain and general discomfort. He did wake up MOTN whimpering for a few nights, but we left him and he eventually put himself back to sleep. The first day or two we thought he was teething hardcore, honestly. He wouldn't let us look in his mouth and I didn't realize HFM could be so mild as far as the spots go.
    It's bizarre to me that he literally had what everyone is now getting throughout the group. And no one else lives close to me that went. How widespread the same virus can be is mind boggling.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ahh to add another random - is anyone else watching/watched Shameless season 8? 1 word: TOES

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @temmetime We are watching it, but I can’t seem to stay awake for more than one episode at a time!
  • @temmetime Apparently it's going around here in AL too, even though I know we caught it in DC. Tis the season, I guess.
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon Sorry that A got the HFM! Hope it blows through quickly, FX. 

@AdorkablePixie Ack! What a jerk, I hope the insurance is easy to manage and that you’re back in your primary car soon. Seems silly to me that he went to the ER, but who knows, maybe he was having an emergency and not being a drama llama. Either way - stopping at red lights is cool. 
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • @PensiveCrayon
    my daughter's first symptoms were on a Saturday mid-day, and I woke up Wednesday feeling like a truck ran me over.
  • @maureenmce I hope the feeling passes for you soon! I've had a couple days like that this pregnancy, where literally a wrong look at me would make me cry. I've definitely noticed my emotions being harder to control when I am tired so hopefully it's just that for you too. 
  • @PensiveCrayon oh man I’m so sorry about HFM. That sounds horrible. I have no experience, but I feel like it’s really going around right now. I’m just waiting for ds to get it. 

@maureenmce I’m sorry your having a rough day and I hope it passes soon! I’ve really been struggling a lot emotionally this pregnancy and I’m hoping that it’s hormone related. I tried talking to my dr about it and she said it’s hormones and it’ll pass, so hopefully that’s the case for you too. But! If it persists, maybe just mention it to your doc. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18